PSN 'Spring Fever' Sale - This Week Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

isofan1

CAGiversary!
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 18th - May 25th

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[DEAD]

May 11th - May 18th [DEAD]

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle - $24.99
Zuma
Peggle
Bejeweled 2
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown

Midway Spring Fever Bundle
- $14.99
Mortal Kombat II
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Joust
Rampage World Tour!

May 4th - May 11th [DEAD]

Warhawk (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front (PS3) - $7.49 (reg. price $14.99)

April 29nd - May 4 [DEAD]

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (PS3) (Bundle) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)
PixelJunk Racers (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $6.99)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Monsters (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Shooter (PS3) -$4.99 (regular price $9.99)

April 22nd - April 29 [DEAD]

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 (reg. $9.99)

April 15th - April 22nd [DEAD]

WipEout HD (PS3) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)

April 8th - April 15tH [DEAD]

KILLZONE 2 DLC
Napalm & Cordite - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Thunder Pack - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Steel & Titanium $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC - $7.99 (regular price $11.99)

KILLZONE: Liberation (PSP) - $9.99 (regular price $15.99)

April 1st - April 8th [DEAD]

echochrome (PS3) on sale for $4.99
(original price $9.99)
echoshift (PSP) on sale for $7.49 (original price $14.99)

March 25th - April 1st [DEAD]

Gravity Crash (PS3) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)
Everyday Shooter (PS3/PSP) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LeonSKennedy']While I appreciate the quality of the title, and the fact that it's probably the only title released on PSN that could have justified a $39.99 price tag (Warhawk was the same, though came out on disc as well), it still has never been a "must play" title for me.

I bought the game (without the Fury add-on) for $14.99 on sale, and after playing just a couple races had a "what's all the fuss about" attitude towards it. In fact, it's the only PSN title I own (39 and counting now) where I actually considered deleting due to how much HD space it was taking up on my 60 GB (I've since upgraded to a 500 GB HD).

Now having said this, it's definitely worth $9.99. It's just not the ground-breaking title some reviewers have said it is (that may change once it's upgraded to 3D- hopefully a free update at that)![/QUOTE]
First off, I don't know how much Warhawk is, but Wipeout has always been $20.

It might not be ground-breaking, and it might not be worth $60 (although not much is, to me), but it's a great game, worthy of its praise, and a steal at $10.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you played only a couple races, that might be the problem right there. Play at the highest speed class and then tell me its boring.[/QUOTE]

I never used the word "boring" to describe the game. It was just not what I was expecting from the reviews I'd read. Also, the fact that I haven't played the game that much (I just said "a couple races" to generalize that it didn't hook me) speaks volumes. Being a member of this community, and having a huge backlog as a result, there's not much reason for me to go back to it when I have 10-20 better games sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

Time spent playing a game that isn't for me is time away from playing games like GOW III, BFBC2, or CODMW2 (which I do enjoy). I'm sure others feel the same about the Gran Turismo series, or even a game like MLB the Show 10 (if you don't like baseball, you're definitely not buying the game even though the reviews for it justify doing so anyway). I'm just saying I caved in (due to it being half off at the time $14.99 when it sold for $29.99) buying the game not sure I'd like it, and nothing about it made me want to keep playing it.

I'd feel a lot better had I held out for $9.99, but I can say it's worth that price, even if you pick it up and only play it for a few hours like I have.

Bought it last night at 11:45PM PST. Then it's completely gone from the PSN store after 12AM. I meant the game was no longer listed or searchable in the PSN store. Strange.

Btw, are we supposed to get some HOME avatar item for purchasing a Spring Fever featured game?

[quote name='eau']Bought it last night at 11:45PM PST. Then it's completely gone from the PSN store after 12AM. I meant the game was no longer listed or searchable in the PSN store. Strange.

Btw, are we supposed to get some HOME avatar item for purchasing a Spring Fever featured game?[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was in the same boat. I thought I had until the end of the week but went ahead and bought it last night right before I went to bed. It was a pain in the butt since it took me about a 20 minutes to do it since I had to wait for the PS3 to download and install the latest firmware. I almost forgot about it since I wanted to go to bed but I'm glad I bought it when I did.

[quote name='eau']Bought it last night at 11:45PM PST. Then it's completely gone from the PSN store after 12AM. I meant the game was no longer listed or searchable in the PSN store. Strange.

Btw, are we supposed to get some HOME avatar item for purchasing a Spring Fever featured game?[/QUOTE]

I think there is some sort of bug that causes games you have purchased to not show up when browsing the store. Made it a pain in the ass to find Fury after I got Wipeout HD.

As for the avatar items, no idea.

Debating... is Wipeout HD worth it? The demo did not float my boat... but does it get better? I LOVE F-Zero, but Wipeout HD seemed sooooo slow and dependant on boost pads.....

[quote name='FeralWraith']I think there is some sort of bug that causes games you have purchased to not show up when browsing the store. Made it a pain in the ass to find Fury after I got Wipeout HD.

As for the avatar items, no idea.[/QUOTE]

It's always been like this. If you purchase something on the PSN store, it will no longer show up in the store. You can access it via your donwloads/purchase history.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Debating... is Wipeout HD worth it? The demo did not float my boat... but does it get better? I LOVE F-Zero, but Wipeout HD seemed sooooo slow and dependant on boost pads.....[/QUOTE]

Yes x 1,000. I never played the demo, but I doubt you get into any speed class beyond flash. On rapier and phantom, think of it like playing on permanent speed boost. Hell, on those speeds, I have been actively avoiding speed boosts as much as I can afford to. Talk about going balls to the walls.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's always been like this. If you purchase something on the PSN store, it will no longer show up in the store. You can access it via your downloads/purchase history.[/QUOTE]

Also happend with the sfiv consume bundle pack if you purchaced/redemed any part of the bundle the whole bungle is no longer purchasable.

New sale is up. and it's lame. This week Spring Fever highlights Action games. 50% off Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty (sale price $7.49, reg. $14.99) and Revenge of the Wounded Dragons (sale price$4.99, reg. $9.99) Download today! Offers good through Wednesday, 4/28/10. ~I love Ratchet n Clank but idk bout quest for booty, anyone? I am going to grab the uncharted 2 siege pack. It's good cuz I got the last one and still havnt started on the trophies and now they all stack. Yay for productive laziness.

[quote name='Velo214']New sale is up. and it's lame. This week Spring Fever highlights Action games. 50% off Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty (sale price $7.49, reg. $14.99) and Revenge of the Wounded Dragons (sale price$4.99, reg. $9.99) Download today! Offers good through Wednesday, 4/28/10. ~I love Ratchet n Clank but idk bout quest for booty, anyone? I am going to grab the uncharted 2 siege pack. It's good cuz I got the last one and still havnt started on the trophies and now they all stack. Yay for productive laziness.[/QUOTE]

I heard differing things about QfB, but I think the overall consensus is that it'd be worth $7.50. I'm DEFINITELY getting it though, as I've been waiting for a sale on it. I just got A Crack in Time in the mail today too, so this is pretty sweet timing.

from what I've read the main problem with Quest for Booty is that it's kind of short. Half off= the price is right to me, so I'm getting it this time around. Also supposedly if you have save data from it you get a pirate costume in a Crack in Time, which I want :eek:

Quest for Booty is worth about $5. Maybe. Really only recommended for R&C completists. But you do receive a Pirate "skin" thing for having purchased it for use in Crack in Time.

I'm a huge R&C fan, but am only so-so on Q4B. It's not awful, but it's really short, is totally Clank-free, has zero replayability and is not that much fun. For me, the joy of these games is getting new weapons and leveling them up. That's all gimped in Q4B. Is it worth $7.50? Maybe, I guess. But if you don't get it, you're not missing much AT ALL.

on the topic of r&c. if i played crack in time should i go n play tools of destruction too. i loved the old ratchets but never got around to playn it. thanx

QOF is officially meh. The price reflects the score I would give it.
Im really torn on whether to recommend or not. Maybe it's best said this way...
It's a good action game but a disappointing Ratchet and Clank.

[quote name='anticulture']This is lame. The new sale isn't even up yet, but WipeOut HD is back to $20. Boo. :([/QUOTE]

You had a whole week to buy it

[quote name='Velo214']on the topic of r&c. if i played crack in time should i go n play tools of destruction too. i loved the old ratchets but never got around to playn it. thanx[/QUOTE]

Tools of destruction I can recommend.

[quote name='furyk']Any opinions on Wounded Dragons?[/QUOTE]

Depends where they're wounded, but they're probably less efficient at flying and/or fire breathing.

just kidding, I never even heard of the game, but it has a 65 on metacritic so it's probably not that good

[quote name='furyk']Any opinions on Wounded Dragons?[/QUOTE]

It's not too bad, an old school 2D kung fu game, I like it better than Invincible Tiger, more humor in it. I'd say you wouldn't feel ripped off for 5 bucks, try a youtube video to see if its your style.

I missed out on Quest of Booty last time it was on sale and I've been waiting for it to go back on sale before I played Crack in Time so I'm way happy about this week's sale. I also picked up Wounded Dragons cause it seems pretty fun.

[quote name='imrandy85']I'll be in for some Quest for Booty, just got tools of destruction today. Glad I won't have to pay $15 for it.[/QUOTE]

same here. i got tools of destruction earlier this week.

apparently quest for booty isn't all that great and is pretty short, but i'll pay half price for it.

but now i have to go back to target to get some more slightly discounted psn cards...

got a ps3 about two weeks ago. wish i had jumped on cuboid and echochrome when i had the chance. d'oh.

for now i will take ratchet and clank.

[quote name='cheapomonkey']got a ps3 about two weeks ago. wish i had jumped on cuboid and echochrome when i had the chance. d'oh.

for now i will take ratchet and clank.[/QUOTE]
Feel bad about echochrome, but not Cuboid. :p You should just try Bloxorz.

i got 2 $20psn cards from target for $34 and a $20psn card reduced to 18 at bestbuy so that's great. $8free psn dollars and i already spent $6 on the uncharted seige pack. awesome :)

[quote name='panzerfaust']I got QfB when it was on sale for $10 and it's really not that great IMO.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've been reluctant to play it until I finish R&C Future: Tools of Destruction since Quest For Booty continues right where that left off. If you want to bridge the gap between Future and Crack in Time, it's worth $7.49 (Only 2-3 Hours of play though from what I've read).

Revenge of the Wounded Dragon is a terrific PSN game, especially for $5. side-scrolling action platformer + beat 'em-up with solid controls and 2-player co-op.

Buy it, people.

Actually that Wounded Dragon looks pretty cool there. Of course I just got Final Fight last week and don't really need another side scrolling beat-em-up so soon, but that one does seem to be pretty fun. Any other opinions?

Ratchet and Clank is definitely worth it at $7.49. I paid $25 for it and I thought it was worth it. (I really wanted the disc version to complete the trilogy.) If you're a fan of the series, there's no reason not to get it. And if you've never played them before, this would be a great game to try to start out with. It's the second game in the trilogy, but the story isn't extremely important.

[quote name='Decker']Actually that Wounded Dragon looks pretty cool there. Of course I just got Final Fight last week and don't really need another side scrolling beat-em-up so soon, but that one does seem to be pretty fun. Any other opinions?[/QUOTE]

Can a gamer ever get tired of playing good side-scrolling beat 'em ups? Especially with co-op? I'd say the answer is a resounding "NO!"

Need to go to Target to get a PSN card (on sale for $17) and then buy R&C:QfB. After that, my R&C shit is complete.

I just tried it out this morning. Solid beat-em-up. It's repetitive, as they all are in the genre, but it's fun and looks pretty good. I'm sure it's worth the $5 (or $4.25 in Target gift card money) that they're charging for it.

Finally Ratchet and Clank drops.

I am running out of HDD space now with these PSN games...

bread's done
Back