PSN Summer Sale 2011 starts 7/12 30% - 50% off 11 games

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']lol got modded for posting an ebay link.[/QUOTE]

this was the one for the $34 psn card? Two minutes I got the receipt from paypal for the purchase I got an email from ebay saying that it was delisted. But he sent me the code and it worked fine.

I celebrated my savings by buying Chime.

[quote name='fujimitsu']I'm pretty sure there's a demo, try it. Either way though hard corps is fucking great. Especially if you have a co-op friend. I enjoy the pixel junk shooter games, but hard corps has gotten at least double the playtime in my house. It's a great side scrolling shooter, and the RPG mechanics give it tons of replay value.

It's got that same contra feeling too, where you struggle to complete a section and when you finally do are saddened to realize that it's just going to get harder. The RPG mechanic makes your failed attempts steel feel like progress, and allows you to practice for the traditional game mode if that's your thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I finished all of the missions in hard corps online with a friend today, and it's definitely my favorite contra/metal slug type game I've played. If you like those type of games, it's a must buy. The DLC is also totally worth buying too (for only $3 total). Or if you decide to not get all the DLC, at least get Sayuri. She's fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I'm going with Hard Corps, althought I wish they'd just call it Contra. I didn't know that the game had some RPG Elements. I'm sold!

Now if I can get my cousin "the now reborn casual gamer" to come over and play it with me that'll be great. He'll claim its too hard it it uses more than 3 buttons. lol

If on the fence, giantbomb has quick looks of Shank, Hard Corps, and Risk Factions. Based on watching those, RF would be the only one I would even consider. But I wont be getting that either
'cause I already bought it on XBLA ;)

Gonna grab BTTF (big TT fan) and Pac DX (PS3 dpad makes it worth it); possibly Tales... also (again swayed by the quick look)

[quote name='ssjmichael']They extended the welcome back program 2 days so that's probably why you were still a member on the 12th[/QUOTE]
I'm glad they did that two day extension, since it allowed me to get Shank for $5. It's easily one of the better PSN games I've played. I'm still trying to figure out how to air juggle enemies while blasting them, but so far it's a really fun game.:)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I thought Risk looked pretty entertaining based on this video review. It sounds a bit short however for the single player [/QUOTE]

Single player is really only there to unlock maps. The Factions mode is pretty interesting and adds a lot more strategy to the game. You can always play classic if you want. Online is pretty much dead though so make sure you have people to play with as the AI is not very good. Also you can only go up to 5 players instead of the original 6.

i picked up hard corps, scott pilgrim, tales from space about a blob, and pixel junk shooter 2. it ran me $25.00 for 4 games, so it was pretty good

[quote name='killerthrust']got a couple of 20 dollar psn card for $17 or 50 dollar card for $42[/QUOTE]

where did u get this deal?

[quote name='zenquix']where did u get this deal?[/QUOTE]

Judging from the prices, I'm assuming he's a Target employee and has a Target Check/Credit card that gives you a 5% discount off your purchase every time you use it in Target. I get PSN cards for these prices too (since I'm a Target employee) but at times (when I'm not working at that job) I feel it's better to just get the instant online codes from Amazon - saves me gas and time I'd use driving. :D

I bought everything in the sale except for Risk, Chime, and Extraction.
I have Extraction...tried Risk and didn't care for it...tried Chime and didn't find it very entertaining.

I bought Hard Corps, Scott Pilgrim, and Risk: Factions. Just to add another opinion on Risk, I never played the board game version, but always wanted to try it, so I played the demo and enjoyed it. It seems like it has some potential to be good for local multiplayer. And it was mentioned earlier, but the original Risk is also included, so even if you don't want to play the 'Factions' part of the game, you still get the classic version of Risk at less than $5, which isn't bad at all.

[quote name='Muthafodder']tried Chime and didn't find it very entertaining.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought until I learned to perfect quad my way up to 15 million on the 3 minute mode. Ever since, I've been trying to best that and my left thumb is paying the price.

This has probably been discussed already but I just noticed that bomber man ultra has no expiration date. I'm using my free month trial and wondering if I just got a free game. If so, are there any more like this?

[quote name='Blaster man']This has probably been discussed already but I just noticed that bomber man ultra has no expiration date. I'm using my free month trial and wondering if I just got a free game. If so, are there any more like this?[/QUOTE]

It does have an expiration date, check www.qriocity.com.

[quote name='sunghost']It does have an expiration date, check www.qriocity.com.[/QUOTE]

So is the date not kept on the system like most other games? That seems strange. Someone could just disable the network adapter for an extended period of time.

Hard Corps Uprising is one of my favorite games this year. I just picked it up again and had a blast even though I had already played it on XBLA.

[quote name='Antipodes']Hard Corps Uprising is one of my favorite games this year. I just picked it up again and had a blast even though I had already played it on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should get it.

[quote name='tightclaws']Maybe I should get it.[/QUOTE]

I highly suggest it if you liked old school Contra/Megaman games. As a warning: the game is fairly difficult at first, but you'll be able to upgrade your character over time to make it easier. The game is hard but fair, and if you play enough you'll learn how to beat the game without any upgrades.

I've had more fun with this Hard Corps Uprising than almost all of the $60 AAA titles this year.

[quote name='Blaster man']So is the date not kept on the system like most other games? That seems strange. Someone could just disable the network adapter for an extended period of time.[/QUOTE]
When PS+ expires, the Bomberman demo stays, but the unlock key no longer activates the full game.

I don't know, i youtubed hard corps vids and reviews and it didn't look that great.
Awesome sale though i have been waiting for back to the future and pacman deals. Also picked up the scott pilgrim dlc yesterday but haven't tried it. Pacman is awesome but its kinda lame how i got like 7 trophies(about 23%) after playing my first 5 minute game. For the most part trophies are retarded but in games like sam and max some of them are cool becasue it makes it easier to make sure you have heard and seen all the funny jokes.

Not fun having this thread and the regular PSN sale thread. Anyways, I got Scott Pilgrim with DLC, Shooter 2, and Dead Space Extraction. I decided to hold off on the other games since I could probably get them on the Xbox later down the line. Shank sounds short from what I'm hearing, and I can't say I was always a fan of Contra. And I didn't want to blow all of my PSN funny money so that I could consider picking up Borderlands this week.

I also still got a few hours in case I change my mind ;)

Hard Corps was a bad decision. The game looks and plays great, but it's just too damn difficult. Can't even get past level one... figured the Konami code would help me out but no, it just unlocks 30 lives for you to buy after you've racked up millions of credits, the repetetive death cries of the grunts that sound like they were recorded on a usb mic doesn't help my frustration. Maybe it's easier with another player but without being able to do that the game is worthless to me.

[quote name='iamsmart']Hard Corps was a bad decision. The game looks and plays great, but it's just too damn difficult. Can't even get past level one... figured the Konami code would help me out but no, it just unlocks 30 lives for you to buy after you've racked up millions of credits, the repetetive death cries of the grunts that sound like they were recorded on a usb mic doesn't help my frustration. Maybe it's easier with another player but without being able to do that the game is worthless to me.[/QUOTE]

Make it to level 2 and then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXxKIq61Rfc

Ugh, I ended up spending $50. I got:

Chime
Hard Corps Rising (+2 DLC characters)
Swarm
Tales From Space
Back To The Future
Pac-Man
Scott Pilgrim DLC
Pixeljunk Shooter 2

Who ever needs help, PAC MAN IS A NO BRAINER!!!!! It's not even close, Pac Man is the best game in the sale by far. Pixel Junk Shooter 2 is decent. Fun game, nice mechanics, graphics arent its high light but that doesnt offset the gameplay. I've had Scott Pilgrim for a while, decent game if u like beat em ups like final fight and streets of rage. Hard Corps is great. Warning: If you dont like side scrolling games like that of the old SNES and NES, this will not be something you want to buy. It is difficult and similar to the original Contra 1 and 2 games. I didnt even bother with Chime because I have Tetris and barely play, and Back to the Future because I dont like click and move games unless theyre on the PC. Hope this helps someone make their decision.

[quote name='Psybuster']Any of the Hard Corps Uprising DLC characters worth it?[/QUOTE]

This was discussed a couple pages back. Sayuri is definitely worth buying, it's like playing an entirely different game with her. She's melee based and she's probably the most powerful character in the game. Leviathan is cool, especially if you make use of his grenade ability. Harley has a slightly different build and I suppose he's easier for arcade mode but most people skip him. I got them all, but I've had the most fun with sayuri and would say you'd be missing out if you didn't get her. Leviathan is optional and Harley skippable IMO.

In for Scott pilgrim + dlc and BttF. Been waiting for exactly these to go on sale.

Bttf would probably be better on pc but it feels like a steal at 10 bucks when everyone else has it for pc for 25.

The look of Scott Pilgrim is worth the price alone, I just cant get enough sprites.

[quote name='vlv723']So looks like no one got Risk Factions. I didn't get it as well. :lol:[/QUOTE]

From what I read in the thread it looks like most of the people who wanted it already picked it up when it was $5 on Live last year. I know that is why I didn't pick up Risk or Pac-man in this sale. The BttF games were a good deal though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/19/playstation-store-update-199/

This weeks update is live!

Borderlands Full Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $14.99 – a $60 value)
Limbo (PlayStation Plus price $11.99; a 20% discount)
Cuboid (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
Magic Orbz (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
Sky Fighters (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
Smash Cars (PlayStation Plus price $5.99; a 20% discount)
Wakeboarding HD (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
Hamsterball (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
Ricochet HD (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
Baseball Stars 2 (PlayStation Plus price $7.19; a 20% discount)
Baseball Stars 2 PSP (PlayStation Plus price $5.59; a 20% discount)
The King of Fighters ’95 (PlayStation Plus price $7.19; a 20% discount)
The King of Fighters ’95 PSP (PlayStation Plus price $5.59; a 20% discount)
Athena minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
HAL 21 minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
Ikari Warriors minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
Marvin’s Maze minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
Ozma Wars minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
Sasuke vs. Commander minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
Vanguard minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)

20% off isn't enough for me to even read what it's off of.

Just gonna throw that out there.

Thinking about borderlands, have vanilla for pc, I just didn't seem to love it as crazy as everyone else.

Borderlands is OK, I got it all for the 360 and bought goty for pc for $10 where I thought I'd play with a bud, and I haven't. I've had a fair bit of fun with it tho, even doing 99.9% of it solo. $15 for console goty tho is sweet, I'm even kicking around having it on all 3 platforms at that price and see if I find a regular PSN player, haha

bread's done
Back