PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']Published by Microsoft Studios. You might see it on the PC. Chances of it appearing on PSN are basically nonexistent.[/QUOTE]

Well, that blows, I'll hope it gets released on Steam then.

[quote name='Jodou']It's getting rave reviews, but when you have a trailer like that -- WHO CARES?! It just makes you want to blow shit up lol. The tone is so extreme for what is actually going on that it's hilariously good. Sucks it's wasted as an exclusive; maybe one day on steam for $5. . .[/QUOTE]

Hearin the announcer say some epic end of the world shit and then having it immediately followed by a high pitched anime voice was pretty awesome.

I just glanced at the OP and saw the two PS1 imports are about to be delisted. Either one worth picking up? I'm always tempted to buy games when I know they won't be available anymore.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Eventually. Once there's a sale on something I'd actually want(aka Deathspank Thongs Of Virtue for $7.50 and a few others).

Downloading multi-gig games isn't my cup of tea. That's why I kinda wish I could've seperated my freebie digital copy of Saint's Row 2 from my Saint's Row The Third online pass and been able to trade that digital copy to someone else with better internet and more patience for downloading digital versions. By comparison, I love the lil minis since they're a couple mb's to at most a couple hundred mb's, so they don't take a lot of time to download and get playing.[/QUOTE]

didn't you say that you have cheap internet, which is very slow?

you get what you pay for in life

don't expect a 5 star meal when you buy a $2 steak or a safe neighborhood when your house cost as much as a ps3 circa 2006

Oh crap, is Dust out now? That game looked great. To those wondering its kinda like Castlevania SOTN/Metroid whatever you wanna call it style gameplay from the previews i was reading. The artwork and animation are friggin beautiful and it supposedly has a good story too. I dont really buy DLC games but i was seriously considering getting this one. I hope its released on a disc at some point.

By the way, how come Penny arcade episode 3 isn't on PSN? Is it some timed exclusive thing or is it not coming to the PSN? I had some leftover money from some psn cards i got that i was considering actually getting the series with

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I just glanced at the OP and saw the two PS1 imports are about to be delisted. Either one worth picking up? I'm always tempted to buy games when I know they won't be available anymore.[/QUOTE]

hmm I think those are the Japanese import games right? Neither looked very interesting to me honestly.

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']By the way, how come Penny arcade episode 3 isn't on PSN? Is it some timed exclusive thing or is it not coming to the PSN? I had some leftover money from some psn cards i got that i was considering actually getting the series with[/QUOTE]

The developer wants to release the game on PSN, but it will probably be awhile before they do.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I downloaded and played through Simpsons & Trine 2 while I had PS+ due to those codes from the end of last year or whatever. Since I grabbed a one month trial code from the PSN code drop thread I haven't seen a damn thing I'd waste the bandwidth on as of yet. Considering my free PS+ is up again at the end of this month and I don't see them doing any kinda decent sales I'm gonna say again that it was a fuckin' waste. Glad I didn't pay for it either time though or I'd have been pissed.;)[/QUOTE]
You need your head examined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloodrayne's style is awesome, but the demo from what I remember was difficult with the controls being somewhat floaty.

Outland really is a fun a cool stylistic game.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I just glanced at the OP and saw the two PS1 imports are about to be delisted. Either one worth picking up? I'm always tempted to buy games when I know they won't be available anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too! This is news to me about those two imports. So that means, they won't be available after tonight's update?

Wish it was next week that's when I get paid. :( I just picked up the PS1 import Shienryu and it was really fun.

Just to catch up, Dust does in fact look awesome, as does that trailer. And like Louie said, I don't think it's ever gonna make its way to PSN because of the MS Publishing factor.

Bloodrayne's controls are the tiniest bit floaty, but by the time you hit the 3rd level you will be used to them. It's a very enjoyable 2D hack 'n slash, I enjoyed it more than either of the Shank games.

[quote name='breakfuss']...Jesus...wtf. Then why the hell has Sony been promoting it like this?[/QUOTE]
to get your money maybe?

[quote name='breakfuss']...Jesus...wtf. Then why the hell has Sony been promoting it like this?[/QUOTE]Haha it's pretty common in the gaming and movie industry. Wouldn't you try to make money or at least break even on something you've invested money, time and effort into?

What usually happens is a company who gives a reviewer early access to a product, sometimes (and in this case) a shitty product, then makes the reviewer sign an embargo so they can't discuss said product till a certain date. Which is usually the same day the product is released. And they do all this so they can build positive press before a product is released and hopefully recoup some money in early consumer interest. It's an extremely common practice, so I suggest you get used to it.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, ouch. Guess it will be a future PS+ free game then after it bombs hard.[/QUOTE]Doubt it. Whether it's games you want or not, you can't deny that Sony usually puts up both quality digital and retail titles on PS+

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, ouch. Guess it will be a future PS+ free game then after it bombs hard.[/QUOTE]
and gets fix with patches :)

Bummer about Papo & Yo. I got the feeling from the Giant Bomb Quick Look that it wasn't going to become more engaging than the section they played through.

There's still CS: GO next week and if you're not interested in multiplayer shooters what I've played of Retro/Grade so far has been pretty cool. I like it quite a bit but I'm guessing it's going to get a lot more complex. Hopefully it doesn't become frustrating.

To me, Papo & Yo always looked like a game where the experience came first and the gameplay 2nd (similar in my mind to Journey, Flower, and Datura). So I'm not surprised to see it getting bad reviews, I'm think it will get some excellent reviews from reviewers who enjoyed the experience a lot more than this IGN reviewer did.

That being said, the technical problems look unforgivable.

EDIT: Cheapy seemed to like it more than IGN. (He gave it a "Very Good" on the CAG scale). He did pretty much echo a lot of the sentiments from the IGN review tho (simplistic puzzles and technical problems).

[quote name='PimpLimp']Didn't really think I was gonna get Papo & Yo and IGN's review has pretty much guaranteed it: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/papo-yo-review

It's pretty much exactly what I expected of the game. Interesting concept, but overall boring and dull gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Found some other reviews by googling around and they seem to be all over the place. Seems like the best bet will be to wait for a deep discount at least.

Well, that's a bummer about Papo y Yo. Ah well, I'll still play through it, I'm kinda glad it's only 3-4 hours long.

Also, the technical problems are probably cause this is their first game, not that that's much of an excuse though.

[quote name='Zonic505']From what I heard, Sony announced at their Gamescom press conference that PSone Classics will be available on the Vita August 28th.[/QUOTE]

Also, they're introducing a cross buy program for retail games now, sweet. So if you buy Playstation All Stars on PS3, you get the Vita copy for free.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Also, they're introducing a cross buy program for retail games now, sweet. So if you buy Playstation All Stars on PS3, you get the Vita copy for free.[/QUOTE]Yeah, they're doing that for the new Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper games as well. Really smart/cool move. I'm more motivated to get All-Stars & Sly Cooper now, knowing I'll get both the PS3 & Vita version, especially if I can transfer the save date so I can continue where I left off on whatever system I last played it on.

Also, Cloud Storage for PS+ is getting an upgrade, from 150MB to 1GB, plus PS+ is coming to Vita.

Red Dead Redemption will be September's PS+ free game. I hope this isn't just EU. It is Gamescom afterall.

PS+ is coming to Vita later this year as well.

edit: Sadly RDR is unfortunately only slated for EU at this time.

Hello to all, I have a questions about sharing the game in the same account, if I buy the CS:Go and download it from one ps3 system in my psn account, can I let my friend use another ps3 system to download CS;Go from my account?

Thank you

[quote name='ckc4043']Hello to all, I have a questions about sharing the game in the same account, if I buy the CS:Go and download it from one ps3 system in my psn account, can I let my friend use another ps3 system to download CS;Go from my account?

Thank you[/QUOTE]
u could but delete your credit card info cause he can purchase stuff with your info

[quote name='rpg']u could but delete your credit card info cause he can purchase stuff with your info[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your important remind. I will delete my credit card info before I give my account to him. Because I only know the dlc can be shared between two ps3 systems in one psn account, I know the game is also shareable. Thank you very much. By the way, is online pass shareable? I know that two people cannot play online at the same time, but can we play separablely in one online pass?

[quote name='ckc4043']Thank you for your important remind. I will delete my credit card info before I give my account to him. Because I only know the dlc can be shared between two ps3 systems in one psn account, I know the game is also shareable. Thank you very much. By the way, is online pass shareable? I know that two people cannot play online at the same time, but can we play separablely in one online pass?[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind you can only activate a game on 2 systems at a time now. I personally see game sharing outside the family in the same household as piracy.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Keep in mind you can only activate a game on 2 systems at a time now. I personally see game sharing outside the family in the same household as piracy.[/QUOTE]

Oh..how about online pass?

[quote name='cancerman1120']OT: Gamescom Sony presser over and no mention of any price cuts.[/QUOTE]

There aren't going to be any Vita price cuts. I know gamers think that if they bitch enough, Sony will submit like Nintendo did but it's not gonna happen.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Red Dead isn't the GOTY version? What a slap in the face. Sony is raping us Plus members once again![/QUOTE]
game is amazing even without the dlc and happy about the upgrade in cloud storage thx sony

cancerman1120
Sony presser over and no mention of any price cuts
i saw games having price cuts

[quote name='rpg']u could but delete your credit card info cause he can purchase stuff with your info[/QUOTE]

When you sign into another PS3, it will ask for your credit card's CCV and it will delete the card info if you don't enter it. Just FYI.

[quote name='rpg']
i saw games having price cuts[/QUOTE]

I believe that was Europe only drops that were mentioned. I guess expecting US drops at a Europe conference was maybe an oversight by us.

Oh yeah...only because I think people would like to see this. Not a ton of new stuff but awesome nonetheless.

http://youtu.be/MX6eqoCLbTc?hd=1

[quote name='louiedog']Red Dead Redemption will be September's PS+ free game. I hope this isn't just EU. It is Gamescom afterall.

PS+ is coming to Vita later this year as well.

edit: Sadly RDR is unfortunately only slated for EU at this time.[/QUOTE]

So RDR is definitely only EU at the moment? Not to big of a deal for me (bought for PS3, beat, sold, and bought Xbox version) but most on here still make it sound like US is getting it too.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Red Dead isn't the GOTY version? What a slap in the face. Sony is raping us Plus members once again![/QUOTE]

"Raping" isn't even a strong enough word! I am this close to calling Sony, demanding a refund on my subscription, then burning my PS3 and all my games!

[quote name='tylerh1701']So RDR is definitely only EU at the moment? Not to big of a deal for me (bought for PS3, beat, sold, and bought Xbox version) but most on here still make it sound like US is getting it too.[/QUOTE]

They didn't specify during the press conference but @MorganHaro clarified it on twitter.

"Red Dead Redemption is only slated for EU's PS Plus program at this time."

For those who don't know who he is, he posts things like PS+ updates on the PlayStation Blog and would know.

[quote name='tylerh1701']"Raping" isn't even a strong enough word! I am this close to calling Sony, demanding a refund on my subscription, then burning my PS3 and all my games![/QUOTE]

I just dropped mine in acid.

[quote name='louiedog']They didn't specify during the press conference but @MorganHaro clarified it on twitter.

"Red Dead Redemption is only slated for EU's PS Plus program at this time."

For those who don't know who he is, he posts things like PS+ updates on the PlayStation Blog and would know.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the source. Yeah, if Morgan is saying it, it's definitely correct.

[quote name='louiedog']The store has now updated. Don't forget to grab the two new PS+ games.[/QUOTE]

Not much to get besides that. A couple other meh sales.

[quote name='FlamingXDragon']Man this sucks. I really was hoping some psp games would be on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I suck and decided that I really like the Persona series now that the Atlus sale is over. I'm thinking the chances of those going on sale again (1 and 2 in particular, which seem to be way expensive on Amazon/Gamestop) anytime soon is slim to nil. Oh well..

By the way, is online pass shareable? I know that two people cannot play online at the same time in different account or same account, but can we play separablely in one online pass in the same account?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That'll be next week for PS+.[/QUOTE]

Really? Is there any announcement on what games? That would be great because I just got a free month trial for ps plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back