PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Siren's Phase Walking is a live saver.

Chances are I'll probably end up using Modecai though, i always loved using the pistols in this game.

[quote name='Zonic505']I might as well ask considering we're still kind of talking about the Vita update, but on the change log while accepting the terms of services and such on the Vita, did anyone catch anything about being able to customize thumbnails for videos or something about thumbnails? I don't have anyway of going back & checking and I'm not finding anything on Google.[/QUOTE]
They now have thumbnails from the video instead of a blank video icon on the list.

Ahh, okay. I saw that all my videos actually had thumbnails, but I could've sworn I read something about being able to customize what the icon was. Oh well.

So to get PS1 games on Vita you have to download them to PS3 first, then don't install them. Connect Vita to PS3 and transfer them? Am I missing something or is it this annoying?

[quote name='Miami_13']So to get PS1 games on Vita you have to download them to PS3 first, then don't install them. Connect Vita to PS3 and transfer them? Am I missing something or is it this annoying?[/QUOTE]

The reason you have to do this as of now is because PS1 games for Vita hasn't gone live yet until the store update tomorrow and even then it will just be the ones they listed on the site. Much like how a lot of PSP games were during the Vita launch, you will have to do the PS3 to Vita transfer for games not on that list until they update the Vita store over the upcoming weeks. Now I am wondering if you could look at your purchase history on your Vita and just redownload it that way... I'll check it out

UPDATE: No, that method doesn't work.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Now I am wondering if you could look at your purchase history on your Vita and just redownload it that way... I'll check it out[/QUOTE]Tried it with Wild Arms and Final Fantasy 9. Ya can't. Though I'll try tomorrow with Wild Arms since that's on the list of games that'll be on the Vita PS Store.

[quote name='Wompdevil']The reason you have to do this as of now is because PS1 games for Vita hasn't gone live yet until the store update tomorrow and even then it will just be the ones they listed on the site. Much like how a lot of PSP games were during the Vita launch, you will have to do the PS3 to Vita transfer for games not on that list until they update the Vita store over the upcoming weeks. Now I am wondering if you could look at your purchase history on your Vita and just redownload it that way... I'll check it out[/QUOTE]You can't download them from you purchase history, I tried. Which is fucking stupid. Am I gonna have to wait for the update to go live before I can do this as well?

k so gettinmoney, brodaz, dgwillia, bumslie, my grrl and myself. seems we have a full team and then some, lol. im so low level too, just got game a few days ago...(well, i got game on release, then goty, then digital bundle, but just started playing a few days ago, wow i have a problem) ummm, do we all already have the game or is someone waiting for it to be free on ps+ still? lol

id be down to play some tonight, but im gonna try to finish some more of amazing spider-man or i might fall into a mw3 hole for a few hours. my grrl and i are hardly ever on at the same time, but yeah we are level 5ish (im a siren and she's a soldier). just got to skag valley almost to 9toes after intro few missions. if we could all get to skag valley and then co op it, we would all keep current progress instead of questing solo or only helping 1 guy)

also rpg, thanx so much for the counter strike go tips. just 1 trophy (snipe the sniper) til plat. thanks and peace all cags

and wow, yeah, can't wait for that $15 dark souls expansion. should be cool. i just need to start that game up sometime also. i have 2 copies for her and i but damn backlog is just insane. thanx all

Apologies if this has been asked, but what happened to those $1 SNK games?

Edit: I know it doesn't go live until tomorrow, but there appears to be no mention of it anywhere on the PS Blog.

I'v got it already with the DLC. Though i havent started over yet, and I havent touched my Siren's file since like last year lol.

On a side notes, I'm not 100% sure if its true yet. But apparently with the Dark Souls DLC, it only works if you create a character after the patch/update for it. Otherwise you have to start over again

[quote name='Velo214']k so gettinmoney, brodaz, dgwillia, bumslie, my grrl and myself. seems we have a full team and then some, lol. im so low level too, just got game a few days ago...(well, i got game on release, then goty, then digital bundle, but just started playing a few days ago, wow i have a problem) ummm, do we all already have the game or is someone waiting for it to be free on ps+ still? lol

id be down to play some tonight, but im gonna try to finish some more of amazing spider-man or i might fall into a mw3 hole for a few hours. my grrl and i are hardly ever on at the same time, but yeah we are level 5ish (im a siren and she's a soldier). just got to skag valley almost to 9toes after intro few missions. if we could all get to skag valley and then co op it, we would all keep current progress instead of questing solo or only helping 1 guy)

also rpg, thanx so much for the counter strike go tips. just 1 trophy (snipe the sniper) til plat. thanks and peace all cags

and wow, yeah, can't wait for that $15 dark souls expansion. should be cool. i just need to start that game up sometime also. i have 2 copies for her and i but damn backlog is just insane. thanx all[/QUOTE]

Hey Velo that sounds good. I will pop in Borderlands tonight and try to catch up. Sounds like we got a good group of people to work on the game with.

Do we have to use different characters when playing co-op?

If you get stuck in the MW3 hole is all good cause I got to get some levels up.

[quote name='Velo214']k so gettinmoney, brodaz, dgwillia, bumslie, my grrl and myself. seems we have a full team and then some, lol. im so low level too, just got game a few days ago...(well, i got game on release, then goty, then digital bundle, but just started playing a few days ago, wow i have a problem) ummm, do we all already have the game or is someone waiting for it to be free on ps+ still? lol

and wow, yeah, can't wait for that $15 dark souls expansion. should be cool. i just need to start that game up sometime also. i have 2 copies for her and i but damn backlog is just insane. thanx all[/QUOTE]

I got the disc version of the GOTY. To be honest, I'm not all that interested in starting from the beginning with you guys as I already got my platinum, but I am interested in completing the DLCs with you guys, so if you would rather wait til later to do that, that's cool with me.

Yeah, i gotta play through it again personally. I only have about 35% of the vanilla's trophies, and I 100%'d the Zombie DLC.

So if you want to do just the DLC, and want to do it soon, I could probably use my Siren to help

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, i gotta play through it again personally. I only have about 35% of the vanilla's trophies, and I 100%'d the Zombie DLC.

So if you want to do just the DLC, and want to do it soon, I could probably use my Siren to help[/QUOTE]

Well, I heard the arenas are easier overall with some low level players, the only problem is each one is like 4 hours straight of playing, or at least that's what I've heard.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Well, I heard the arenas are easier overall with some low level players, the only problem is each one is like 4 hours straight of playing, or at least that's what I've heard.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats pretty insane, I could help with that on most days if you give me a heads up. I just know I cant today with the way my class is set up.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow thats pretty insane, I could help with that on most days if you give me a heads up. I just know I cant today with the way my class is set up.[/QUOTE]

Oh nah, I'm talkin about the near future but I'm also okay with waiting, depends on if two others are down for the marathons, haha. I don't think I'll be playing any games tonight though.

I also have the disc version of Borderlands GOTY. I had it originally from Target when I got it on clearance and I just picked it up again from Best Buy pre-owned for around $10. It ended up being one of the newer versions with the DLC on the disc.

So you can add me as well. I'm usually on later at night(9-10 pm EST). My PSN is CheapestGamer.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I got the disc version of the GOTY. To be honest, I'm not all that interested in starting from the beginning with you guys as I already got my platinum, but I am interested in completing the DLCs with you guys, so if you would rather wait til later to do that, that's cool with me.[/QUOTE]

I figured you just wanted to co-op the DLC which is fine with me. I still need to play through the game so no worries. I guess some people have problems with disc vs. digital. I got the disc version so hopefully we won't get problems if other CAGs are using digital.

the arena trophies are easy to get when there is a low level host and a high level joiner. all of the enemies are the same level as the host, so the high level just laughs them all to death.

I'm loading it up now and then I'm gonna see if there's any kind of patches it might need by quitting out. Then I'm probably heading to bed for tonight.

OK. According to the installed data on the PS3 it's version 1.05, which according to Google is the latest patch. So now I should be good to go whenever you guys are.

For the Moxxi trophies, seriously, just get a hacked weapon/shield. They're so stupidly tedious and boring that if you have to actually put any thinking at all into strategy or surviving you're going to drive yourself crazy. Someone had a vote for worst DLC of all time, and Moxxi takes first place in spades. No substance, all grind, no gain (no exp, crap weapons).

Of course, that means you should save them for the end, since all the other DLCs are far more interesting.

(and as a disclaimer, I did this too. I finished Ned and Claptrap on my own, started Knoxx and went online a few times, someone gave me a hacked weapon/shield at the very end randomly, and I went on to do Moxxi solo because people were asses online and would AFK for 10 rounds, then kick me when they got back)

I got Moxxi done with a friend, but high level character or not, you've still got to be careful if you get combinations like no shields + vampiric life drain + use (insert weapon here) if it's one you don't use + bad aim debuff.

Ok,so in regards to the "free games" section....those are free for people for as long as they are psn+ subscribers? Or could I purchase a one month card, download then and have them work even after my subscription expires? Thanks in advance!!!

I am hooked on The Walking Dead they put up.. I finished both episodes over 2 days. What great writing, will def be buying the other episodes.

[quote name='AkariK']For the Moxxi trophies, seriously, just get a hacked weapon/shield. They're so stupidly tedious and boring that if you have to actually put any thinking at all into strategy or surviving you're going to drive yourself crazy. Someone had a vote for worst DLC of all time, and Moxxi takes first place in spades. No substance, all grind, no gain (no exp, crap weapons).

Of course, that means you should save them for the end, since all the other DLCs are far more interesting.

(and as a disclaimer, I did this too. I finished Ned and Claptrap on my own, started Knoxx and went online a few times, someone gave me a hacked weapon/shield at the very end randomly, and I went on to do Moxxi solo because people were asses online and would AFK for 10 rounds, then kick me when they got back)[/QUOTE]

Some of us don't like using glitches or hacks.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Ok,so in regards to the "free games" section....those are free for people for as long as they are psn+ subscribers? Or could I purchase a one month card, download then and have them work even after my subscription expires? Thanks in advance!!![/QUOTE]

No. They only work so long as you are subscribed.

I see you guys are talking about Borderlands, I just started a new character but I can help out with my other character LVL 69 if needed. Add me KingKoopa22 PS3 only

I'll be grabbing Borderlands 2 when it comes out as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me for borderlands. Recently started again when i picked up goty. I'm already friends with gettinmoney and i know he and i fall into the same scenario with that game (gotta finish up 3 of the dlcs)

Get Men of War: Vietnam free from Gamefly. It's currently $34.99 on Steam.

link

You'll need a free gamefly account and a credit card. The one I have on file with them that expired 2 years ago was enough to complete the order. Then go to your purchase history and you'll see two keys. Put the multiplayer key into Steam and it will be added to your library.

Hmmmmm. I tried the Borderlands demo sometime ago and found it incredibly boring and tedious, lol. Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. The art style, perhaps? I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, though, so I guess I'll give it another go when it drops next week. Especially if the co-op is as good as you guys make it out be.

As far as Spelunker HD is concerned, do you have to be a masochist to enjoy it? I like a challenge (especially old school), but nothing that induces primal rage. Comparatively speaking, I hated Hard Corps: Uprising, but I loved Super Meat Boy.

[quote name='breakfuss']Hmmmmm. I tried the Borderlands demo sometime ago and found it incredibly boring and tedious, lol. Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. The art style, perhaps? I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, though, so I guess I'll give it another go when it drops next week. Especially if the co-op is as good as you guys make it out be.

As far as Spelunker HD is concerned, do you have to be a masochist to enjoy it? I like a challenge (especially old school), but nothing that induces primal rage. Comparatively speaking, I hated Hard Corps: Uprising, but I loved Super Meat Boy.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing but when Ps+ members got a 60min demo I kicked myself for not getting it sooner. I spent lots of time in this game and it only gets better when doing it Co-op.

Wow this thread really morphed into a Borderlands discussion thread fast.

When they first announced Borderlands as free for PS+, I was disappointed and thought, like some others, who in the world is still interested in Borderlands but hasn't already played it?

But apparently PS+ knows what they're doing, because there's been at least 50 posts talking about Borderlands now.

Except that I have the physical version.:razz: When I had it last I watched my one buddy playing the game after I snagged it from Target for cheap. But it reminded me far too much of Fallout at the time. But now that I know you can do 3-4 player co-op for the main game it might not be as boring as I thought it looked before.

Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but PSVita firmware 1.80 is live. Select PSOne classics can now be downloaded from your download history and more work copying from the PS3 to the Vita. Hopefully more will work after the Playstation Store updates today as I'm unable to copy Tomba over and it was reported to be working today.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow this thread really morphed into a Borderlands discussion thread fast.

When they first announced Borderlands as free for PS+, I was disappointed and thought, like some others, who in the world is still interested in Borderlands but hasn't already played it?

But apparently PS+ knows what they're doing, because there's been at least 50 posts talking about Borderlands now.[/QUOTE]

Lol i think they just revived interest in it. Had the game on my HDD since last year and havent touched it, but I was planning to try to atleast beat it before 2 comes out (Hopefully Platinum it)

Saw everyone started talking about it, so i jumped on the hype train lol.

Im going to start a new file probably cause I got that stupid KYII glitch. Im only level 20 so no big deal, I just wont be playing online anymore unless its with someone I know...or I might just wait for Borderlands 2 and start fresh.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Im going to start a new file probably cause I got that stupid KYII glitch. Im only level 20 so no big deal, I just wont be playing online anymore unless its with someone I know...or I might just wait for Borderlands 2 and start fresh.[/QUOTE]

You may be able to use willowtree to fix that, at least a 360 save can be fixed so I don't see why a PS3 would be different.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow this thread really morphed into a Borderlands discussion thread fast.

But apparently PS+ knows what they're doing, because there's been at least 50 posts talking about Borderlands now.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it obvious? Borderlands 2 comes out on the 18th so a lot of people will probably start or attempt to finish the first game before it releases. Sony's probably taking advantage of it. I know I traded in my copy before finishing the last DLC pack I think it was Claptrap's Robot Revolution.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but PSVita firmware 1.80 is live. Select PSOne classics can now be downloaded from your download history and more work copying from the PS3 to the Vita. Hopefully more will work after the Playstation Store updates today as I'm unable to copy Tomba over and it was reported to be working today.[/QUOTE]Yeah the update went live last night. But you can NOT download PSOne games from your download history to your Vita yet. Hopefully that changes with the store update.

I literally just bought the GotY Edition of Borderlands for PC, just before this was announced. I don't exactly regret it, since it's the better version in several respects, but it is funny how these things happen. I'll still be downloading this just to have it on my console.

I had to boost Mad Moxxi with a level 15 character because I died 2.5 hours into one of the large tournaments and never wanted to relive that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back