PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Before you call them easy, you should mention that you've played this game for over 1,000 hours.

*edit* Actually, I take this back. I thought I read that you said that somewhere but I can't find it so I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

I played the original for a while, but my save file only reads 80 hours (this is including the EX levels, getting the platinum and all that). My pre EX level US save only read 10 hours and that WAS with the platinum (I held the fastest platinum time of 1 day 2 hours according to PSNProfiles). I also did Spelunker Black, which is a different version of the same game. My save for that is about 40 hours. This means I only have around 150 hours of game time. Yes, this is still quite high, but thats over a 3 year period. Finally I didn't say they were easy per say, I just said that they're easy with some extremely difficult parts.

[quote name='admiralvic']I played the original for a while, but my save file only reads 80 hours (this is including the EX levels, getting the platinum and all that). My pre EX level US save only read 10 hours and that WAS with the platinum (I held the fastest platinum time of 1 day 2 hours according to PSNProfiles). I also did Spelunker Black, which is a different version of the same game. My save for that is about 40 hours. This means I only have around 150 hours of game time. Yes, this is still quite high, but thats over a 3 year period. Finally I didn't say they were easy per say, I just said that they're easy with some extremely difficult parts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know where I thought I read that, I'll edit it out.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, I don't know where I thought I read that, I'll edit it out.[/QUOTE]

It's cool. I know where you're coming from, but at the same time I am offering a different opinion. Plenty of people thought the original game was hard, but I had no issues beating the US version in 1 sitting and getting to cycle 2 level 1-1 with 99 lives. Due to this, I wrote them in order of difficulty based off my experience. Like 9 was a JOKE, me and a friend got all the mural pieces on our first run and beat it with 49 lives remaining. With this in mind I also mentioned I uploaded videos of each area, because I strongly believe the title deserves more attention. You can find them all (EX 1 - 9) on my Youtube, with 5 - 10 minutes each.

Played the Sam and Max demo and promptly bit. I couldn't figure out how to get the swiss cheese till
during a tip on one of the loading screens mentioned clicking on the cardboard box in the lower left of the screen to use certain items.

It's also on sale on Xbox Live but my 1Tb hard drive in my PS3 made the decision for me.

Double Dragon Neon free on Day 1? Awesomeness.

You think the Wallace Wells/Online DLC delay was because of the base game being free tomorrow?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im new to the PSN scene, so basically all those sales on the first page are for ps+ members?[/QUOTE]

it's easily organized in a way where these questions don't need to be asked

[quote name='Bumslie']Anybody playing Zen Pinball 2 and having a hard time getting 150 million for the trophy buy the Plants vs Zombies table. I played it 3 times and got 85 million. I'm not great at pinball as CAGs on my friends list can tell. It's a very fun table and looks beautiful on the PS3 and especially on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Really depends on which table you excel at to reach the goal, there's no restriction on what table to play to get the 150 mill trophy.

The only thing I can say is that the SFII table is gives out multiballs and save balls like there's no tomorrow due to its simplicity. Though expect grinding.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']how is a $40 DD of Max Payne 3 a fantastic deal?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Amazon had GTA IV and Max Payne 3 both for $25 the other day... and Steam had the same deal for $30 I think...

[quote name='liquidussnakeus']Really depends on which table you excel at to reach the goal, there's no restriction on what table to play to get the 150 mill trophy.

The only thing I can say is that the SFII table is gives out multiballs and save balls like there's no tomorrow due to its simplicity. Though expect grinding.[/QUOTE]

I read someone say they got 200 mil on the PvZ table on their first try. Yeah, there's no restrictions, but this obviously seems like one of the easier ones to do it on.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']how is a $40 DD of Max Payne 3 a fantastic deal?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='o0achilles0o']I was wondering the same thing. Amazon had GTA IV and Max Payne 3 both for $25 the other day... and Steam had the same deal for $30 I think...[/QUOTE]

I was also wondering how $40 for Max Payne 3 would be a fantastic deal. Hell, I don't even think $30 would be a fantastic deal.

[quote name='admiralvic']It's cool. I know where you're coming from, but at the same time I am offering a different opinion. Plenty of people thought the original game was hard, but I had no issues beating the US version in 1 sitting and getting to cycle 2 level 1-1 with 99 lives. Due to this, I wrote them in order of difficulty based off my experience. Like 9 was a JOKE, me and a friend got all the mural pieces on our first run and beat it with 49 lives remaining. With this in mind I also mentioned I uploaded videos of each area, because I strongly believe the title deserves more attention. You can find them all (EX 1 - 9) on my Youtube, with 5 - 10 minutes each.[/QUOTE]

Can you post a link to the video of these levels please? My youtube search was fruitless.

[quote name='Tsel']I was also wondering how $40 for Max Payne 3 would be a fantastic deal. Hell, I don't even think $30 would be a fantastic deal.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even buy it for $20, cuz the disc version will be lower than that soon enough and have resale value.

I'm excited for Double Dragon, I don't think it will be all that good, but at least it's something new.

Also, just noticed that JSRF is getting a 10% discount. Better than nothing I guess, but someone (I think in the XBL thread) mentioned that all the previous Dreamcast re-releases have come with avatar awards on Xbox, so assuming this one does, I'll probably get it over there instead.

EDIT: Also just noticed that the preview is only for this week, Sept. 11. Wonder if they're gonna start posting the PS+ updates weekly now...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Can you post a link to the video of these levels please? My youtube search was fruitless.

I wouldn't even buy it for $20, cuz the disc version will be lower than that soon enough and have resale value.

I'm excited for Double Dragon, I don't think it will be all that good, but at least it's something new.

Also, just noticed that JSRF is getting a 10% discount. Better than nothing I guess, but someone (I think in the XBL thread) mentioned that all the previous Dreamcast re-releases have come with avatar awards on Xbox, so assuming this one does, I'll probably get it over there instead.

EDIT: Also just noticed that the preview is only for this week, Sept. 11. Wonder if they're gonna start posting the PS+ updates weekly now...[/QUOTE]

I don't think PS3 games have ever come with any type of avatar award. The only thing I've seen is themes from FF13.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't think PS3 games have ever come with any type of avatar award. The only thing I've seen is themes from FF13.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry, I just meant that I'll be getting it on Xbox because I like those avatar award things. A couple games I've played on PS3 have unlocked items in Home...but that's it.

From what I understand, some PS3 & PSN games have unlockable clothing for your character for Home, similar to Avatar Awards for the 360.

As for themes, the only one that comes to mind is FF13 & 13-2.

Speaking of themes, is it just me, or has it been a while since the last time there was a new free theme added on PS+?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im new to the PSN scene, so basically all those sales on the first page are for ps+ members?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You have to pay $50 a year to save $2 on a game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...and-scott-pilgrim-early-jet-set-radio-access/

Though we knew most of it ahead of time, here's what will be coming to PS+ for this week:
We’ve got a lot cooking for PlayStation Plus members this week with Double Dragon Neon and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World joining the Instant Game Collection, among other great perks. Read on to learn more!

September 11th PlayStation Plus Update

Double Dragon Neon

Free for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: Free)

After 25 years, the original beat ‘em up is bringing pure over-the-top baditude to PSN, and it’s free for PlayStation Plus members on its first day of release! In Double Dragon Neon, Billy and Jimmy are kicking butts and taking names as they search for their girlfriend Marian (she seems to have a habit of getting kidnapped). This time, her disappearance is at the hands of the supernatural scourge, Skullmageddon! Face off against a gaggle of goons, some familiar (Williams, Linda, and Abobo, of course!) and some that are absolutely out of this world.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game

Free for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: Free)

This adaptation captures all the fun and style of the critically acclaimed Scott Pilgrim comics, and the humor of the revered movie, and distills it into a retro-influenced side scrolling beat em’ up, complete with 4-player co-op. With awesome 16-bit animation by world-famous pixel artist Paul Robertson, and a hyper-active soundtrack from chiptune heroes Anamanaguchi, it’s hard not to love Scott Pilgrim, and now you can play it as part of the Instant Game Collection.

Jet Set Radio

Exclusive Early Access for PlayStation Plus Members and 10% off (Regular Price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $8.99)

SEGA’s new release of the classic Dreamcast title is hitting PlayStation Plus users first! Get it a week before anyone else, and play all the levels while listening to those classic JSR phat beatz (complete with the original world-wide soundtrack) that made this title a true original. This time, of course, you get it with full Trophy support, sharp HD visuals, and you’ll be the first to play it on current-gen consoles.

Max Payne 3 PS3 Full Game and Bundle

33% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Game – Regular Price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $40.49; Bundle: Regular Price: $67.49, PS Plus Price: $60.74)

Rockstar’s gritty, action packed noir thriller Max Payne 3 arrived to critical acclaim earlier this year. If you haven’t had a chance to play it yet, now may be the perfect time. It arrives on PSN with this week’s update as a PS3 Full Game, and while there will be a 25% discount for all PSN members on the game, Plus members can grab it for an even better deal at 33% off — just $40.49. You can also buy the bundle complete with the Rockstar Pass, a value of $89.98, for $60.74.

That’s it for now, check back with us next week when we’ll have more PlayStation Plus news to share! In the meantime, leave your comments and thoughts on Plus below, or join the conversation on the PlayStation Forums in the Plus section.

[quote name='gordojones88']Yes. You have to pay $50 a year to save $2 on a game.[/QUOTE]

You sound a little bitter... guess you are hating M$ couldn't get you Jet Set Radio a week early by throwing money at Sega, like only they know how to do so well. Oh well, we will let you know how it is as you sit there and wait. Oh, and we will save $ on it, while you pay full price. Jokes on you! :booty:

Only the stuff listed in the PS+ section of the OP.

[quote name='Zonic505']Speaking of themes, is it just me, or has it been a while since the last time there was a new free theme added on PS+?[/QUOTE]
When they did surveys to see what people wanted and didn't want from a revamped PS+, Minis, PS1 Games, Themes, and Avatars are things that were amongst the most-hated things about the old PS+. So you won't see nearly as much of that stuff from now on.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Only the stuff listed in the PS+ section of the OP.

When they did surveys to see what people wanted and didn't want from a revamped PS+, Minis, PS1 Games, Themes, and Avatars are things that were amongst the most-hated things about the old PS+. So you won't see nearly as much of that stuff from now on.[/QUOTE]

On board with all of those things being useless except for PS1 classics.

I like getting free PS1 classics, and would love to get some PS2 classics as well.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Can you post a link to the video of these levels please? My youtube search was fruitless.

EDIT: Also just noticed that the preview is only for this week, Sept. 11. Wonder if they're gonna start posting the PS+ updates weekly now...[/QUOTE]

Here is my video for EX 9. You can find the rest (minus 3 I think, which is on JustPushStarts YT) on via my Youtube. When EX 10 releases, I will upload that too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxUzcXmlKw

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't think PS3 games have ever come with any type of avatar award. The only thing I've seen is themes from FF13.[/QUOTE]

Dude Spelunker (among others) have home unlocks... sorta funny that you didn't know that. Unless you mean Avatars next to our name, then Catherine had them. (Limited time, Japan only)

[quote name='admiralvic']Here is my video for EX 9. You can find the rest (minus 3 I think, which is on JustPushStarts YT) on via my Youtube. When EX 10 releases, I will upload that too.

Dude Spelunker (among others) have home unlocks... sorta funny that you didn't know that. Unless you mean Avatars next to our name, then Catherine had them. (Limited time, Japan only)[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, just noticed that JSRF is getting a 10% discount. Better than nothing I guess, but someone (I think in the XBL thread) mentioned that all the previous Dreamcast re-releases have come with avatar awards on Xbox, so assuming this one does, I'll probably get it over there instead.[/QUOTE]
JSRF.. you got my hopes up for a second. :eek:

[quote name='Eldredpe']On board with all of those things being useless except for PS1 classics.

I like getting free PS1 classics, and would love to get some PS2 classics as well.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Love some PS1 classics I do.

[quote name='VaultDweller']does max payne have co-op?[/QUOTE]

Only as part of the "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC pack, to be released this October. AFAIK Rockstar hasn't released any details about it, but I highly doubt it will enable co-op in the single player campaign if that's what you're hoping.

[quote name='gordojones88']Yes. You have to pay $50 a year to save $2 on a game.[/QUOTE]

And you only get one chance at a discount all year.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Home rewards, because I have zero use for them, haha.

[quote name='Josh1billion']JSRF.. you got my hopes up for a second. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I've actually never played a second of any JS game. I have JSRF (I think) for the original Xbox but haven't ever plugged it in. Since they're named kind of oddly (JSR, JSRF, Jet Grind Radio) I get them confused all the time.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']And you only get one chance at a discount all year.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Home rewards, because I have zero use for them, haha.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Long shot, but is there any way to get the freebies on PS+ without actually having to use my PS3 console? Like through the web or something? I'm away from my console for a while and didn't really want to miss out on Scott Pilgrim so I thought I'd ask.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Long shot, but is there any way to get the freebies on PS+ without actually having to use my PS3 console? Like through the web or something? I'm away from my console for a while and didn't really want to miss out on Scott Pilgrim so I thought I'd ask.[/QUOTE]

Negatory. You need access to a PS3. Psp and PSOne titles can be gotten through MediaGo on a PC, but not PS3 games.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Long shot, but is there any way to get the freebies on PS+ without actually having to use my PS3 console? Like through the web or something? I'm away from my console for a while and didn't really want to miss out on Scott Pilgrim so I thought I'd ask.[/QUOTE]

I think you can access the playstation store on your ps3 using remote play if you have a psp (or vita I'm assuming). So you might be able to use your handheld to turn on your system and add the games to your download list if you have remote play set up.

Scott pilgrim is such awesome game. Enjoyed it much more than the movie. Don't be discouraged how hard it may seem the first few tries, you have to get your character leveled up a bit before you feel on par with the enemies

[quote name='shadowkast']Scott pilgrim is such awesome game. Enjoyed it much more than the movie. Don't be discouraged how hard it may seem the first few tries, you have to get your character leveled up a bit before you feel on par with the enemies[/QUOTE]

The game is awesome, but I actually liked the novels and the movie better than the game. One huge license of awesomeness.

[quote name='shadowkast']Scott pilgrim is such awesome game. Enjoyed it much more than the movie. Don't be discouraged how hard it may seem the first few tries, you have to get your character leveled up a bit before you feel on par with the enemies[/QUOTE]

There's a trick in which you can level up faster. Not sure if it's already patched up. It only worked on the PS3 version.

So I decided to download every single game I own on PSN, it took me all weekend to download them all (46 games in total). I was surprised it only took half of the available HDD space (149GB out of 298GB avaliable) at one point I thought I would surely run of space. Two things I learned from this 1. navigating the psn download list is a pain in the ass its really hard to find what you want when you have to sort 300+ items on that list, a search function would greatly help or maybe having different sections for demos, ps3, avatars,themes, ps vita, etc.. 2. I really don't need a bigger hard drive like I thought I did, I was thinking of upgrading my hhd to a 1TB but to be honest I don't think I'll ever need that much space

[quote name='LazyTriangle']So I decided to download every single game I own on PSN, it took me all weekend to download them all (46 games in total). I was surprised it only took half of the available HDD space (149GB out of 298GB avaliable) at one point I thought I would surely run of space. Two things I learned from this 1. navigating the psn download list is a pain in the ass its really hard to find what you want when you have to sort 300+ items on that list, a search function would greatly help or maybe having different sections for demos, ps3, avatars,themes, ps vita, etc.. 2. I really don't need a bigger hard drive like I thought I did, I was thinking of upgrading my hhd to a 1TB but to be honest I don't think I'll ever need that much space[/QUOTE]

Awww, 300+ items? I feel so bad for you. I have almost 1,300 items.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Awww, 300+ items? I feel so bad for you. I have almost 1,300 items.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I've had my PS3 since launch and had to redownload all of my content after a YLOD last December. I was at about 1700 items then. Took me a good two weeks solid to get everything.

[quote name='Zonic505']Just a heads-ups, for those getting Double Dragon Neon, it will NOT have online co-op at launch, according to JoyStiq's review. WayForward will add the feature via patch sometime in the future.[/QUOTE]

It's great to read that the game has that 80's feeling. Hope they add online coop very soon.

[quote name='FerDK']It's great to read that the game has that 80's feeling. Hope they add online coop very soon.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, fond memories playing Double Dragon with the boyz in the hood! I think it is cool that they start the same way the original did...by punching the girl in the stomach and walking off with her. Not so sure I would have expected them to keep that in today's politically correct world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back