PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nochance']I'm surprised anyone is anxious to play that generic looking remake. Looks like some garbage fanart that Gust would put in their games.

The creators left the studio before this halfassed project was in development( to join Grasshopper Manufacture I might add). Just get the real one. This shit looks like a joke.[/QUOTE]

I was actually really interested in it, until I found out it was a remake, then I was like whaaaa.... I already own it, which made me sad, and yeah the new character art, I'm not too keen on that either.

$19.99 is the buying price for New Little King Story for me.

I want to support more digital releases of games but not at that silly price, especially not for a remake.

I wouldn't pick up Muramasa on vita for $39.99 either and I really liked that game on the wii.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']New Little King's Story is a sequel, not a remake.[/QUOTE]

Why do I keep hearing that it's a remake from people? o_o

It could be that the original announcement was poorly translated from Japanese magazines as to what it was, but it takes place a few years after the events of the first game.

It's a sequel storyline-wise, but gameplay isn't changed much if at all. There's an easy mode though, which I will shamelessly make use of if any of the bosses are as frustrating as in the Wii release.

[quote name='Slade']$19.99 is the buying price for New Little King Story for me.

I want to support more digital releases of games but not at that silly price, especially not for a remake.

I wouldn't pick up Muramasa on vita for $39.99 either and I really liked that game on the wii.[/QUOTE]

Serious question: does ANYONE pay $60 for a digital copy of a game? Is anyone THAT stupid?

Games are $60 at release due to marketing, packaging, distribution, etc. Digital copies are always the same price, then rarely go on sale. Often times you'll find a game $30 months after release yet the digital version is still $60.

Meh, I like getting my games digital. Especially if they are games that I want right away (or until 9PM because of PSN). I gotten Dead or Alive 5 PSN Download because my niece and I are huge fan of the series.

I like digital download for games. I feel stupid. :drool:

[quote name='Romeo']Serious question: does ANYONE pay $60 for a digital copy of a game? Is anyone THAT stupid?

Games are $60 at release due to marketing, packaging, distribution, etc. Digital copies are always the same price, then rarely go on sale. Often times you'll find a game $30 months after release yet the digital version is still $60.[/QUOTE]
Of course they do, as they wouldn't offer them at that price if there wasn't an audience for it. Some of those people are CAGs, too.

Some publishers have been offering their new games for pre-order at a discount and we've been getting sales on a retail game or two almost every week, so they are definitely offered on sale a decent amount of the time.

[quote name='Romeo']Serious question: does ANYONE pay $60 for a digital copy of a game? Is anyone THAT stupid?

Games are $60 at release due to marketing, packaging, distribution, etc. Digital copies are always the same price, then rarely go on sale. Often times you'll find a game $30 months after release yet the digital version is still $60.[/QUOTE]

Some people may have gotten free or discounted psn credit, so they aren't really paying $60 out of pocket.

Know no one cares, but I finally got all 195 Spelunker HD trophies. So happy to have it done :3. Wish I could have done it sooner though. >

way to go admiralvic, you are surely a masochist ;)

couldn't find exact details, but Estimated Difficulty: Near impossible to obtain.
4 out of 3,858 (0.1%) players have earned this trophy.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

[quote name='admiralvic']Know no one cares, but I finally got all 195 Spelunker HD trophies. So happy to have it done :3. Wish I could have done it sooner though. >

[quote name='Velo214']way to go admiralvic, you are surely a masochist ;)

couldn't find exact details, but Estimated Difficulty: Near impossible to obtain.
4 out of 3,858 (0.1%) players have earned this trophy.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more[/QUOTE]

Haha, guess I have a new sig. Btw, I have both the US and JP 100%, which I believe only me and Ray have.

@ Bumslie

They're not too bad, but EX 10 is just completely unrealistic for most people.

[quote name='admiralvic']Haha, guess I have a new sig. Btw, I have both the US and JP 100%, which I believe only me and Ray have.

@ Bumslie

They're not too bad, but EX 10 is just completely unrealistic for most people.[/QUOTE]

I saw the video and it looks insane and very unrealistic. I will keep trying to get through this game. Spelunker HD is such a fun game. Congrats also on the JPN 195 trophies Plat.

[quote name='Bumslie']I saw the video and it looks insane and very unrealistic. I will keep trying to get through this game. Spelunker HD is such a fun game. Congrats also on the JPN 195 trophies Plat.[/QUOTE]

the 195 remark was the sum total of them all.

74 US version
74 JP version
47 Black version

[quote name='admiralvic']the 195 remark was the sum total of them all.

74 US version
74 JP version
47 Black version[/QUOTE]

Ok, I take it the Black version is JP only? Sounds like more craziness.

[quote name='Bumslie']Ok, I take it the Black version is JP only? Sounds like more craziness.[/QUOTE]

Black is the base game, but with that black filter you see in area 6 on some stages. It was never released in the US and was later taken down from the PS store.

[quote name='admiralvic']Black is the base game, but with that black filter you see in area 6 on some stages. It was never released in the US and was later taken down from the PS store.[/QUOTE]

Ok, damn Spelunker is filled with so much fun :). Why was it taking down?

[quote name='Bumslie']Ok, damn Spelunker is filled with so much fun :). Why was it taking down?[/QUOTE]

In January the rights pass from Irem to Tozai in Japan, which resulted in Sony removing the Irem published Spelunker games. Tozai never brought black back, but they wasted plenty of time staging out the EX levels and got a avatar pack US/EU has yet to get. Some suspect this will lead to a Spelunker Black Tozai Games Edition with EX levels, but I do think playing EX levels on black would be VIRTUALLY impossible and insane to even think about.

[quote name='admiralvic']In January the rights pass from Irem to Tozai in Japan, which resulted in Sony removing the Irem published Spelunker games. Tozai never brought black back, but they wasted plenty of time staging out the EX levels and got a avatar pack US/EU has yet to get. Some suspect this will lead to a Spelunker Black Tozai Games Edition with EX levels, but I do think playing EX levels on black would be VIRTUALLY impossible and insane to even think about.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I guess if they made a Black version with EX levels that would be the right challenge for you. I could see you completing that since you make Spelunker look so easy in your videos.

[quote name='Bumslie']Thanks for that info. I guess if they made a Black version with EX levels that would be the right challenge for you. I could see you completing that since you make Spelunker look so easy in your videos.[/QUOTE]

Most likely they would be virtually impossible for anyone and would result in virtually no sales. The EX levels are WAY too dependent on timing out every single last detail, so changing anything could make the level impossible under normal circumstances. I've always thought Tozai was ashamed of Black, since they sold it for like 2,100 yen (like 25 dollars) and it was the same game with a filter over the whole thing. Sadly it did have some cool things, like the trophies were different (same tasks though), you played the black spelunker, the red spelunker attacks you, online had everyone as black, but with different color lights, though it's long since been forgotten.

Damn... I usually don't have the patience to try to platinum any game. No platinum trophies for me, and I've only FC'ed 4 or 5 Xbox 360 games. Nice work.

[quote name='Matt Young']Damn... I usually don't have the patience to try to platinum any game. No platinum trophies for me, and I've only FC'ed 4 or 5 Xbox 360 games. Nice work.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way, though I may 'legit' platinum Demon's Souls because I am a glutton for punishment.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'm the same way, though I may 'legit' platinum Demon's Souls because I am a glutton for punishment.[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls plat isn't really hard at all.

I don't have Demon's Souls plat, but that game was way over sold on how hard it is.
If you take your time and don't try to bum rush opponents, its not tough solo.
and the fact you can summon 2 friendly souls to help you, and they usually know the exact way and everything to do, makes it really manageable.
I felt a lil ripped off, and should have gone solo my first time, cuz i kept summoning blue spirits and they would know exactly which way to go and how to beat the boss and it took away that magic. but yeah, can't blame anyone but myself. kinda like borderlands with high leveled co op friends just defeats the whole purpose of the game, lol.

and a playthrough isnt really that long, i was always hoping they would 'fix' that broken monument or whatever its called and that would be a new dlc level, but nope.

now when they shut down the servers that they warned they would do every few months, then it will be alot harder.
no more black phantoms, but cmon, those guys are fun ;) ooh and i miss squid face prison guards and their bell chiming... so creepy!

The hard part of getting a plat on demon's souls is farming for rare drop items. I know some people that have spent 10 hours trying to get something to drop to never find one.

[quote name='slowdive21']It takes 3 playthroughs doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

Takes 3.5 if you are looking to do it legit (mainly because some of the Demon's Souls you need 4 of to make and get everything). If you choose to do everything legit, like I did, here are some tips.

First, make sure you know about the gecko's and where they are, since you have a limited amount of them each playthrough (some are in easy spots and others in tough spots). You need them since most of the pure stones from them and the farther in each level you get the higher quality stones you will find from the gecko's. Farming for the lower quality ones can be a pain, but its like any other grinding in an RPG. Hardest pure stone to get is the pure bladestone (has a really low drop rate and only two black knight ninja's can drop them in the game).

Second, try your best to get white character tendency on your first playthrough (I had to get mine on second and was a pain). For this you have to kill the black phantoms in each world to raise the character tendency. This is needed to get one of the rings. After that, going black tendency is easy, but getting white is a pain.

Third, don't let the 3.5 playthrough's look hard. The game is meant to get harder for each playthrough, but once you know what to do it isn't so bad. Believe on the second playthrough the difficulty (damage you take per hit) goes up like 60% from the first playthrough. The catch it though after the second playthrough each one only goes up by like 8%, so it's much less. Once you know the patterns and such for each enemy and boss it doesn't matter too much.

When I went through I made sure to do a lot of the stone grinding, and trying to push my character to white tendency as soon as possible. This made it so near the end all I was really doing was going through just getting the demon's souls I needed for weapons and spells.

While I did enjoy the game, I think a lot of people praise it a little too much. Good luck if you do decide to get it by normal means. I never did any friendly summons when i played. I only did the evil ones to get the Monk wrappings, just to get it.

Also, off topic but there are 140 people with platinum on Lost Planet 2 now, not 7. Granted, it is still a hard platinum (mainly cuz of not resetting the times online). More people will get it along with Spelunker 100%.

[quote name='slowdive21']It takes 3 playthroughs doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

takes 3.5 / 4 since you 2 souls (I think) are needed for a weapon, magic, magic and a miracle. You also need to beat every level on pure white (special bosses), pure black (colorless souls / special bosses) world / character tendency, and spend hours farming for pure bladestone (and others, but that will most likely take the longest). It's certainly not a game where you gain much doing it "legit", but thats what is required.

@ Velo

I agree (have the platinum), though I thought Atlus extended the server again. Could be mistaken since I don't care, but I recall having to post it.

[quote name='admiralvic']I agree (have the platinum), though I thought Atlus extended the server again. Could be mistaken since I don't care, but I recall having to post it.[/QUOTE]

the servers were supposed to be shut down on May 31st of this year but Atlus said they will keep them online for the foreseeable future

yeah i was rushing to find a friend to give me the pure bladestone weapon, i think you just need to hold it to get the trophy to pop, then you can switch it back. but yeah it was like the day they were gonna close the servers they extended it, which meant i still havnt put it in the ps3 in years, lol. im so bad. and god i loved being the black phantom. i use that giant meat cleaver Cloud Strifelike sword and would just try to 1hit kill. awesome. also spoiler alert, but the boss of 3-3, i loved doing that! especially when you put your blue helpful sigil down and then you are summoned as the boss. too cool.

and rpghope, i was just throwing #'s out there. i was just joking bout 1 of 7 people with plat, but spelunker it might even be less cuz it didnt have a cumulative total, but only 4 people had that final dlc trophy. peace out

also i felt so bad but joined a party of 3 when they were swapping weapons and tossing items on the floor and just destroyed them and grabbed as much loot as i could before it teleported me back to my game ;) its like legit griefing ;)
altho it has a downside, i can't recall how many levels i lost when i was drinking/chilln out and would join a game and fall off the mountain or hit by a rock or something. doh! don't play as the black phantom when you arent in your own head all the way :)

its one of those reminisce games where i look back and only played it for like a month, but still think of it as good memories ;) altho i could play it tonite, but of course, i have CoD withdrawal problems. omg (also i havnt done it, but i know they found a solo way to dupe items, idk if that works with demon's souls or colorless souls or whatnot, but i remember it has something to do with inventory and the store guy and flipping stuff really quick, just help if you don't wanna be legit and looking for a speed plat.)

[quote name='Velo214']and rpghope, i was just throwing #'s out there. i was just joking bout 1 of 7 people with plat, but spelunker it might even be less cuz it didnt have a cumulative total, but only 4 people had that final dlc trophy. peace out
[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm just giving ya crap on it :bouncy:, no biggie. I just know the number will go up over time, since people will eventually get to playing it. I know I have way too many games in my backlog that I would like to finish one day... only so much game time in a day.

You mention the 3-3 boss (which is where you get the Monk's wrapping helm). I was doing that to try and get before the servers were going down and it was so much fun. A lot of the players playing don't even realize you are playing as the boss. Had so many times they would disconnect (rage quit) since I would heal like any other PvP match would... good times.

Like just about everyone has said here...Demon's Souls is not that hard. The hardest part is farming some of the last chunks you'll need to get a couple weapons. And by hardest, it's really just a boring grind and the drop rates are stupidly low. The good news is that while you're farming for these drops you'll rack up a whole bunch of souls for leveling up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/07/the-drop-week-of-october-8th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation 3

Dishonored
(Also on PSN) – Dishonored is set in Dunwall, an industrial whaling city where strange steampunk- inspired technology and otherworldly forces coexist in the shadows. You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is besieged by plague and ruled by a corrupt government armed with industrial technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you abilities beyond those of any common man – but at what cost? The truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city, and the life you once had is gone forever.

PlayStation Network

Retro City Rampage
(For PS3 and PS Vita) – Retro City Rampage is an open-world action game parody of the popular crime city genre. The game is designed to represent a classic NES game with a level of carnage and chaos never imagined in the ’80s.

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (For PS Vita) – In Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock, play as the Doctor and River Song as they race to save the universe and time itself. Unravel the mystery of The Eternity Clock and stop its deadly path of destruction before it’s too late.

Equipped with the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver, River’s Blaster and other fantastic gadgets, journey through four London time periods and a number of alien locations in search of the answers. Face up to the most fearsome monsters including Silurians, Cybermen, Daleks and the Silence. Outwit and destroy foes, solve puzzles and make the right choices in an epic action-adventure.

Derrick the Deathfin (PSN Exclusive) – Derrick the Deathfin is the world’s very first underwater papercraft game. The action – of which there is plenty – takes place in an irreverent aquatic world full of paper, goofy fish, paper, arcade action, paper, wanton destruction, and paper.* After Derrick’s parents are brutally turned into soup he sets forth on a worldwide rampage of destruction in order to make himself feel a bit better. On his travels he eats all manner of dopey delights for dinner, duels with paper enemies and decimates man-made cardboard monstrosities. Derrick also has a distinct fondness for picking up diamonds and jumping through burning tyres in the sky. Just like a real shark!

Spy Hunter (For PS Vita // Also on Gamecard) – Celebrating 30 years of sleek cars, concealed weapons, and careening car crashes, Spy Hunter races forward on its most thrilling and dangerous ride yet. The player once again takes on the role of the “Agent,” the driver of the high-tech G-6155 Interceptor supercar, armed extensively with advanced weaponry, and ready to take on a global terrorist organization set on world domination.

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes – London, 1898. Holmes has just solved a recent case by retrieving a priceless set of jewels that had been stolen. Unfortunately, the jewels’ owner reveals that the necklace Holmes returned to him is a pale imitation… and everything seems to incriminate the detective as the culprit!

Birds of Steel – Birds of Steel offers 20 historical and a wealth of fictitious missions, spanning eight world-famous campaigns, and users are given access to over 100 famous planes from the entire axis and allied forces rosters. A number of planes ideal for each campaign can be selected, and have been faithfully recreated in terms of handling, capabilities and weaponry. The classic Spitfire, P-51D Mustangs, and Messerschmidt 109 are all lined up for combat, as players opt to player opt to fight for the Allies, Japanese or Axis forces.

Devil May Cry: HD Collection – This action-packed set chronicles the complete adventures of Dante, the world’s toughest demon slayer, with Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition.

Joe Danger 2: The Movie – Joe Danger, the world’s most determined stuntman, returns in Joe Danger: The Movie: The Video Game! This sequel will allow players to create their own action film scene by scene, performing every stunt themselves. On the set of the greatest blockbuster “Movie” ever made, create your own action film scene by scene, performing every stunt yourself. Using dozens of stunt vehicles and spanning every action film genre imaginable perfect every stunt to thrill the audience, or crack them up with your failed attempts. Strap on the helmet of Joe Danger, and defy death to impress the Director.

Machinarium – Machinarium is an indie game project created and released by Amanita Design. A puzzle / adventure game, this game focuses on a little robot who’s been thrown out to the scrap yard behind the city who must return and confront the Black Cap Brotherhood and save his robot-girl friend.

Naughty Bear (Gold Edition) – As Naughty Bear, players will wreak havoc on every stuffing-filled foe that crosses their path. Featuring an array of weapons, objects and scare tactics, gamers strive to earn Naughty Points as they inflict physical and psychological harm on Naughty Bear’s enemies. This all-new scare-based points system means players will win the most rewards for being deviant and maniacal. The variety allows for a completely new experience every time players pick up a controller and the ill-fated bears become more difficult to harass and terrorize as the game progresses.

Warlords – Show no mercy and take no prisoners as you fight to the death for title of the almighty Warlord in this multiplayer arcade action game based on the Atari classic. Defend your castle from mischievous minions and ferocious fireballs spun from the mouth of a maniacal dragon in this whimsical reinvention of the beloved classic. In the ultimate battle of speed, strategy and survival, command your troops with shrewdness and skill to capture control points, collect power-ups and destroy the other warring factions!

Worms Revolution – Worms Revolution sticks an exploding sheep under worm-on-worm conflict and blasts it squarely into the 21st century with this revitalization of the acclaimed strategy series. Developed from the ground up on a completely new game-engine Worms Revolution delivers exciting new features and stunning 3D graphics with the classic 2D, turn-based gameplay of everyone’s favorite warring invertebrates. Choose to play the extensive single player mode which features both campaign and puzzle missions or dive straight into multiplayer warfare via online or local play. For the first time ever see the inclusion of dynamic water, physics objects and worm classes! Customize your experience by choosing what classes you play with, what they look like and even how they speak!

Demos

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise
Retro City Rampage
Sunflowers
Warlords

Interesting news on Retro City Rampage:
Fans of the PlayStation.Blog can now play as Sid, Jeff or as me in Retro City Rampage. Make sure to choose me (Rey Gutierrez) as your avatar. My hair looks great in all its retro 8-bit glory!

Demon's Souls is only hard for people because they play like idiots. They're not willing to learn a totally new way of playing a game and just keep doing the same thing over and over. As long as you're patient and willing to learn from mistakes (to be fair, deaths aren't ALWAYS your fault like people say) and willing to learn the level layouts, then it gets much easier.

I always got lucky with the drops and never really had to farm that much. In fact, I played it through again recently and wanted to make a +5 Sharp Uchigatana and got the Pure Bladestone in like an hour and a half.

My Demon/Dark Souls deaths were more from the environment and player shenanigans, less from monsters (Outside of bosses). Just reached Blighttown and only died 3 times

It always kind of reminded me of Monster Hunter, having good reads and being able to react. And not slashing wildly to get punished.

[quote name='TheLongshot']For some reason, I thought Joe Danger 2 was only coming out on XBL.[/QUOTE]
It's probably because that's the only version they ever mentioned until they made this post on the PS Blog about two weeks ago. It could be that the publishing agreement with MS forbid them from talking about any other versions.

I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Just quote this post and include your picks as the reply to enter. I may do this more regularly in a more formal format when we have new games are going to be added.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Just quote this post and include your picks as the reply to enter. I may do this more regularly in a more formal format when we have new games are going to be added.[/QUOTE]

1) Twisted Metal
2) Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm thinking of doing a little impromptu contest here in this thread. Guess what both of the two new PS+ games will be before they're announced tomorrow afternoon. If somebody can guess both, I'll give you a code for something on PSN amongst what I have to offer. If more than one person guesses it, I'll do a little raffle for it amongst them. If nobody gets both, I may do a raffle for those that just get one of the games. If the games leak before the official PS Blog post, then this contest is cancelled immediately.

Just quote this post and include your picks as the reply to enter. I may do this more regularly in a more formal format when we have new games are going to be added.[/QUOTE]

Red Dead Redemption and Darksiders. It's pretty unlikely to be both, but I do think RDD will be one of them.

Going to go with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD and Red Dead Redemption for the free games. Mainly since there has been very little anticipation leading up to it. Most likely means titles EU has had.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Demon's Souls is only hard for people because they play like idiots. They're not willing to learn a totally new way of playing a game and just keep doing the same thing over and over. As long as you're patient and willing to learn from mistakes (to be fair, deaths aren't ALWAYS your fault like people say) and willing to learn the level layouts, then it gets much easier.

I always got lucky with the drops and never really had to farm that much. In fact, I played it through again recently and wanted to make a +5 Sharp Uchigatana and got the Pure Bladestone in like an hour and a half.[/QUOTE]

I always thought it had that stigma because people wanted the glory. Over time it became one of the most impressive platinums on the PSN, which is COMPLETELY due to word of mouth. Hell, many people I believe only like it to seem hardcore too. I never got the appeal of failing because I didn't know the floor was going to break or someone stabbed me in the ass, since Demon Souls always felt cheap as a whole. Also, does anyone else see the irony in Spelunker being hated for the exact same reasons Demon / Dark Souls is praised? I've mentioned it a number of times and to this day I still find it funny.

For free games...

1) Machinarium
2) Red Dead.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD and Red dead Redemption

Resident Evil 5 and Explomedon

Halo 4 and Madden 2016.

My guess is:
Red Dead Redemption
Darksiders 1

Nice gesture on your part Frisky, thanks.
My picks:
- The Walking Dead.
- Red Dead Redemption.

Interesting idea. I'll go with:
Darksiders 1
Machinarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back