PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome update. Glad to see PS+ getting Payday for free. I had it a while back via gamesharing and have been since playing it on Steam, but I think I prefer it on PS3. I can't pass up Amy or Ghostbusters at those prices either.

What is the House of the Dead bundle?

Possibly HotD 3, 4, and Overkill? I wish/hope they were/are on sale separately as well, as I already have 3 and Overkill on disc, but would like to grab 4.

[quote name='realit3y']Looks like I was right any psn game until toejam and earl releases will be discounted at 1$ for psn plus[/QUOTE]

And that was such a shot in the dark too. You must be psychic!

[quote name='wrencrest']Sad that I already have or played all the games I want from the Halloween sale list. however anyone even thinking of them shoulde defnitely get Dead Space 2, Costume Quest, Dead Nation and Festival of Blood. All very good games and all even better for those prices.[/QUOTE]

Where is the Halloween sales list? I don't see it.

Edit - Never mind:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...y-the-heist-the-unfinished-swan-early-access/

[quote name='Nochance']And that was such a shot in the dark too. You must be psychic![/QUOTE]

Nope I just got into the flow of the events I saw repetition occuring and that Sega wanted to sell their Sega Vintage Collection to boost sales and that is the perfect way they found to do so.

Still Super hang-on, and Wonder Boy's to appear. we will see

Too bad I don't play lottery, but it isn't because I believe in luck but I know the possibilities are endless that is why I don't do it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']What is the House of the Dead bundle?

Possibly HotD 3, 4, and Overkill? I wish/hope they were/are on sale separately as well, as I already have 3 and Overkill on disc, but would like to grab 4.[/QUOTE]I THINK it's just 3 & 4, but because PSN is down, I can't check & Google isn't giving me any results. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Overkill was included.

[quote name='Zonic505']I THINK it's just 3 & 4, but because PSN is down, I can't check & Google isn't giving me any results. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Overkill was included.[/QUOTE]

Well 3 was released at $6 I believe, and 4 was $10 I think, so the price of that bundle indicates there's got to be something else in it. That's my reasoning, anyway.

Overkill goes for $20, so adding the other 2 games in, if it's on sale for $22 for PSN (cheaper for PS+), then it sounds like it might include it.

I'm gonna need another PSN card - $10 Dead Space 2 and Dead Rising OTR sounds great. Might even throw $2.50 towards Amy.

Glad I just semi-randomly picked up a PSN card yesterday, definitely in for Plants Vs. Zombies for Vita (Should be gorgeous on that screen) and maybe the Zen Pinball 2 pack...

I have most of the good stuff but i'll probably get the Zen Pinball pack and ghostbusters.
I have all the HOTD games already, almost wish I didn't now, lol!

I hope this gets some more people playing Payday online. I've only played it once or twice but it was hard to get a game going on easier settings, and people on harder settings would boot me for not being higher level. Hella fun game though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...y-the-heist-the-unfinished-swan-early-access/

Here's the full post of what's coming to PS+ this week:
By now, you should have already tackled NFL Blitz which came in free for Plus members earlier this month. You should also make sure to download one of the best fighters in the genre, King of Fighters XIII, which is also free for Plus members. With tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update, you’ll want to get your blueprints out and cover up those fingerprints because you’ll be robbing some banks (in video game form of course) courtesy of PAYDAY: The Heist, coming free to Plus members! You’ll also be able to get Unfinished Swan before anyone else this week. That said, there’s much more so let’s get to it.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

October 16th PlayStation Plus Update

PAYDAY: The Heist

Free for PlayStation Plus Members

Dive full force into six heists of co-op madness, fighting off cops, stealing large sums of money and embarking on the ultimate high-intensity, first-person shooter adventure. You can play all the ‘heists’ solo if you like, or team up with friends on your friends list, or get your matchmaking on and work together as a group to pull off the crime.

The Unfinished Swan

Exclusive Early Release; Price: $14.99

The Unfinished Swan is a first-person painting game that begins in a totally white space; but as you throw globs of paint to explore the world, you’ll discover that the surreal, unfinished world that you inhabit is more than meets the eye. Plus members will get to be the first to discuss what this game is all about with the gaming community; so don’t miss out. The game will be released for all of PSN on 10/23.

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale

Exclusive Beta Access

It’s time! We need your help in getting PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale prepped for showtime when it releases on PS3 and PS Vita on November 20th. Get a taste of the full game with 2v2 and 4 player online tournaments and choose from Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Radec, Sly, PaRappa and Fat Princess as you fight in Metropolis or Hades for victory. You’ll also get to check out the Cross Play functionality since this beta access works for both PS3 and PS Vita! The beta ends at 10/30 at 11:59pm PST, so get in while you can!

007 Legends

10% Discount (Regular Price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $53.99)

As part of the door busting Day 1 Digital event, Plus members can snag the lowest price around on this new PS3 Full Game title, releasing the same day on PSN as it is at retail. Gamers and Bond aficionados alike will become James Bond reliving iconic and intense undercover missions from throughout the entire Bond film franchise including ones from the upcoming new Bond movie, “Skyfall”.

Caravan of the Dead – PlayStation Store Halloween Sale

Various (spooky) Games and Add-Ons With Extra Discounts for Plus Members

Time to celebrate Halloween with some of gaming’s most outlandishly ghoulish titles. This sale is for all of PSN, but Plus members will have the best discounts; many from 50% – 75% off the regular price. Find great games like the Costume Quest complete bundle for just $3.75, inFAMOUS Festival of Blood at a steal of a price at $2.50, and Dead Space 2 at $9.79. The sale ends 10/30. Here’s the full breakdown:

AMY - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Rezurrection Map Pack - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Costume Quest Complete Bundle - $7.49 PSN - $3.75 PS+
Dead Nation - $7.49 PSN - $3.75 PS+
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Dead Space 2 - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - $2.49 PSN - $1.25 PS+
The House of the Dead Bundle - $21.99 PSN - $15.39 PS+
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Plants vs. Zombies - Vita - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - $34.99 PSN - $24.49 PS+
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita - $5.59 PSN - $3.91 PS+
Zen Pinball 2 - Monsters Bundle - $5.99 PSN - $4.19 PS+ - Includes The Paranormal, Sorcerer’s Lair and Plants vs. Zombies

Monster World IV (Plus Price: $1.00 – 80% off) and SEGA Rally Arcade (Plus Price $2.99 – 70% off the regular store price of $9.99)

Exclusive Discounts for Plus Members

Our friends at SEGA once again deliver gaming goodness at a price you can’t resist. With the Master System classic Monster World IV and the more recent arcade hit SEGA Rally Arcade seeing deep discounts. I encourage everyone to check out these titles.

That’s it for this week. Make sure you check out tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update post to see all the details for this week’s Plus update, and come back next week when we’ll have more great Plus news to share. See you in the comments!

Oh its the Vita mutant blob game on sale? I will buy that as well, hopefully i'll get a Vita during BF.

I've barely touched the original game, but its has local mp so I should get on that.

Someone needs to tell whoever runs Playstation Plus that getting to buy a new game a week early at full price isn't really a benefit and they should stop trumpeting it like it is one.

Thanks for the Halloween update Mr. Tanuki. Just got PS+ so I am ready to spend my $10 from the Langers promotion. Gonna make those $10 stretch this week :)

I wonder if it's worth spending $10 for Off The Record if I already have DR2 and haven't played it yet. Any thoughts about that?

And those Arkedo games are pretty great, especially the first two. That's a good bundle for $6.

[quote name='Decker']I wonder if it's worth spending $10 for Off The Record if I already have DR2 and haven't played it yet. Any thoughts about that?

And those Arkedo games are pretty great, especially the first two. That's a good bundle for $6.[/QUOTE]
As long as you dont mind more of the same with slightly tweaked story OTR is a good buy at $10. I enjoyed it and the original DR2 having never played DR1. I still need to finish OTR though.

Wow, only 10$ for Dead Rising OTR? Instant buy there, along with Plants Vs Zombies. Might consider Dead Space 2 also, but I hate having to buy the DLC for it too.

Just glad I'll be getting a 500GB PS3 in 2 weeks, my poor 120GB couldnt have handled all of these games.

Ohhh Giggety-Giggety-GOO!!!!!!

I don't know if I've ever bought so many games from PSN, at 1 time, like I'm going to do tomorrow!!!!!!!!!:joystick::whee:

All of you who don't have Mutant Blobs for Vita yet have no excuse. For $4 with PS+ that is a no-brainer. Great game that uses Vita controls really well.

Payday was always obvious PS+ fodder. Too bad I got it for PC.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ohhh Giggety-Giggety-GOO!!!!!!

I don't know if I've ever bought so many games from PSN, at 1 time, like I'm going to do tomorrow!!!!!!!!!:joystick::whee:[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='Decker']Someone needs to tell whoever runs Playstation Plus that getting to buy a new game a week early at full price isn't really a benefit and they should stop trumpeting it like it is one.[/QUOTE]

Heh - agreed. After playing Unfinished Swan at PAX, I knew I was going to buy it regardless. I'm slightly disappointed we didn't get a 10% discount instead of the early release, but it is what it is.

So when I clicked on this thread I saw the end (ie, the 5 posts above mine) with people salivating over some sort of sale. Then I saw the list and was like WTF was the big deal!? There's nothing on there for me at least - pretty disappointing given the hype by my fellow CAGs ;). (Edit - though I suppose I might as well get Fesitval of Blood since I have yet to play inFamous).

But I am pretty excited for Unfinished Swan.

Oh, and the next best thing dropping is the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale beta. My son plays the demo every time we go to Gamestop so he'll like that.

[quote name='whoknows']Was hoping Siren was going to be a part of the Halloween sale. Too bad.[/QUOTE]

yes it is still at 39.99$ for all 12 episodes too bad , although it is cheaper on disc, also I don't understand the game is from 2008 come on Sony.

[quote name='GT']I think Sony shut down their servers just so I can't complain on the blog about Payday for +.[/QUOTE]
Its Monday they have a maintenance going on.

How much do the Zen Pinball tables go for normally?
I already have PvZ.
Would it still be a worthwhile sale to get the 3 tables for 4.19 (assuming I waste getting PvZ a second time)?
Will PSN even let me buy that bundle, I wonder?

Will be interesting to try that PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. Might end up being like Silent Hill Book of Memories....not as HORRIDDDD as I expected.

[quote name='AoA']How much do the Zen Pinball tables go for normally?
I already have PvZ.
Would it still be a worthwhile sale to get the 3 tables for 4.19 (assuming I waste getting PvZ a second time)?
Will PSN even let me buy that bundle, I wonder?[/QUOTE]

Yes it will let you buy that bundle it would be the same as for example you had Costume Quest already and wanted just to buy it for the DLC, since it is a bundle you will get the DLC nonetheless.

Regarding the price it's 2.49$ for each table so you'll end up paying 4.98$

My advice if you are a ps plus go for it since you save 0.79 cents

Otherwise if you are not a ps plus don't go for it since you would end up paying more because it's 5.99$

[quote name='tylerh1701']What's wrong with it?[/QUOTE]

I feel like a big-time sucker since I bought all four $11.99 games last Summer in the Play promotion to get Payday for free, and just over a year later all the games in that promotion (including the freebie) have gone free to PS Plus members, save for Baconing. So forgive me, Playstation Store, if I don't run out and buy your apparently brilliant Unfinished Swan for $15, but I've been burned too many times to pay full price for any PN game anymore.

BTW : Anyone have PvZ on the Vita? Is the functioning of the game improved enough to warrant a repurchase for someone who already has the game on phone, iPad, iPod Touch, 360, PC and PS3?

[quote name='Decker']I feel like a big-time sucker since I bought all four $11.99 games last Summer in the Play promotion to get Payday for free, and just over a year later all the games in that promotion (including the freebie) have gone free to PS Plus members, save for Baconing. So forgive me, Playstation Store, if I don't run out and buy your apparently brilliant Unfinished Swan for $15, but I've been burned too many times to pay full price for any PN game anymore.[/QUOTE]

I think you're joking. That's the only logical explanation about what you just posted. You're mad because games you bought A YEAR AGO are free?

I can't wait til gettinmoney sees this.

[quote name='Decker']I feel like a big-time sucker since I bought all four $11.99 games last Summer in the Play promotion to get Payday for free, and just over a year later all the games in that promotion (including the freebie) have gone free to PS Plus members, save for Baconing. So forgive me, Playstation Store, if I don't run out and buy your apparently brilliant Unfinished Swan for $15, but I've been burned too many times to pay full price for any PN game anymore.

BTW : Anyone have PvZ on the Vita? Is the functioning of the game improved enough to warrant a repurchase for someone who already has the game on phone, iPad, iPod Touch, 360, PC and PS3?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember 3rd Strike Online being free yet, unless I'm mis-remembering.

I do understand the hesitance of not buying games like Unfinished Swan at full price, but I don't understand the regret of games bought over a year ago. You shouldn't be buying at full price (which you didn't, you still got 20% off plus a free game) if you're not counting on playing them and enjoying them soon after buying them.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
I do understand the hesitance of not buying games like Unfinished Swan at full price, but I don't understand the regret of games bought over a year ago. You shouldn't be buying at full price (which you didn't, you still got 20% off plus a free game) if you're not counting on playing them and enjoying them soon after buying them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, see, this is my problem (well, minus the full price part). I generally hold off because I probably won't play these games right away. But in this case, I am going to play it ASAP so I'll shell out the full price. Hell, I got 3 free T-shirts out of it (at PAX the guy who ran the demo gave me and my son one each, and then one more for my son who wasn't there). So I don't feel bad at all paying the $14.99 for the game - even if it does become free for PS+ at some point later.

BUT, I have bought plenty of PSN content in the past on sale, never got around to playing it, then it ended up being free. So I see where he is coming from. As a result, I buy very little from PSN these days. I have a huge backlog of PS+ freebies so I don't really need to ;).

[quote name='Decker']I feel like a big-time sucker since I bought all four $11.99 games last Summer in the Play promotion to get Payday for free, and just over a year later all the games in that promotion (including the freebie) have gone free to PS Plus members, save for Baconing. So forgive me, Playstation Store, if I don't run out and buy your apparently brilliant Unfinished Swan for $15, but I've been burned too many times to pay full price for any PN game anymore.

BTW : Anyone have PvZ on the Vita? Is the functioning of the game improved enough to warrant a repurchase for someone who already has the game on phone, iPad, iPod Touch, 360, PC and PS3?[/QUOTE]
It's on par with the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as the best versions out there, though the big improvement is that it has a Platinum Trophy. It's miles better than the iPod Touch/iPhone version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back