PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really hoping for another Assassin's Creed sale now that the new game is releasing in two weeks. I missed out on Bloodlines and some of the DLC back in May and I'm kicking myself over that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Depends on the size, as larger games will take longer than smaller games. I've heard that doing installs while downloading other things will also causes it to take longer.[/QUOTE]

I've found this to be pretty true. I try to download everything first before I start installing anything, just to make sure I'm not doing both at the same time.

I've played a good amount of PvZ on Vita and it's a great edition of the game. It features the touch controls of the iOS versions with all of the content and HD visuals of the PSN/XBLA versions, so it has the best of both worlds. The only issue I have with it is that button and touch controls can't be active at the same time. The touch version of the Grab All Sun button involves shaking the Vita, which is extremely sensitive so that just normal motions from holding the Vita can activate it.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Picked up Infamous FOB and Costume Quest. Anyone whose played Costume Quest wanna share their thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

It really tapped into the child inside me in so many ways. It's one of my favorite games of all time for its story and atmosphere. The gameplay is great too. I'd love a deeper, 100 hour sequel. I own it on both Steam and PSN. Who knows why. It's worth it though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Deals
Street Fighter X Tekken - Costume Complete Pack - Vita/PS3 Cross Buy Support
[/QUOTE]
That's a little strange, since as far as I can tell, the Vita version of the game already comes with all the costumes for both versions of the game (except for alternative versions for the 12 DLC characters which is a pre-order bonus). Maybe there are more costumes than the alternative ones that the Vita version includes? Anyone know? Sorting through the SF X T DLC list gives me a haeadache.

From the Playstation Blog:
I recently spent some hands-on time with a near-complete version of Street Fighter X Tekken for PS Vita, ahead of its October 23rd PSN and retail launch. And I’ve gotta say, it’s the spitting image of its PS3 bigger brother with big, bold characters and detailed backgrounds running at PS Vita’s native screen resolution. But peer underneath those pretty graphics and you’ll find a wealth of new extras that make this the definitive version of Capcom’s crossover fighter.

The game comes equipped with every DLC fighter from the PS3 version — including PlayStation exclusives Cole McGrath, Kuro, Toro, Mega Man and Pac-Man, of course — as well as alternate costumes for every character in the base roster. Another nice touch is the ability to customize your character’s costume color, then share it with friends via PS Vita’s integrated geo-social app “near.” It’s also worth noting that any DLC costumes or Gems you purchased for the PS3 version will port over to the PS Vita version at no extra cost.

SFxT is like one of the most anti-hype fighting games of all time.

You're better off pick up BB:CSEX or Mortal Kombat if you're looking for a fighter on the Vita.

Zero Escape is finally coming out next week, I'm really quite excited for this game's release and I haven't felt this much anticipation since Dark Souls~

[quote name='Decker']That's a little strange, since as far as I can tell, the Vita version of the game already comes with all the costumes for both versions of the game (except for alternative versions for the 12 DLC characters which is a pre-order bonus). Maybe there are more costumes than the alternative ones that the Vita version includes? Anyone know? Sorting through the SF X T DLC list gives me a haeadache.

From the Playstation Blog:[/QUOTE]

I would assume review copies are given everything? So it's possible the advance copy they were playing had all that stuff, but doesn't mean it comes with the base game or you don't have to unlock/purchase it.

I thought the Vita version only came with the 12 DLC characters, and the Costume Pack for Pre-ordering?

I assumed you still had to buy the first costume pack that came out on PS3 before the DLC came out, and possibly the first one for the DLC characters.

SFxT had two costume packs, the swap outfits that we already have and then the new alts that come with the vita version by default.

[quote name='Slade']SFxT is like one of the most anti-hype fighting games of all time.[/QUOTE]

SFxT is like CvS2 in the fact that it's boring as hell to watch, but fun as hell to play.

After learning that unfinished swan is about 2~3 hours long, I'm really not feeling like dropping $15 on it when I'm getting things like Odin Sphere and Infamous FOB for $5 a pop. The Walking Dead episodes are 3-4 hours and are $5.

It looks neat, but I don't think it has the lasting about of, say, the more artistic endeavors of ThatGameCompany. I still replay Journey every now and again.

I'll ponder on it and see where I'm at to get to $100. I have $55 to go still...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The rest of the gameplay videos are up now, so here they are for those that are interested in watching them:
(snip)
[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the videos lately. It's really incredibly helpful to me to see someone actually play the game in a non-rehearsed, non-show-offy way. It's sold me on a couple things and gotten me to pass on others.

I have 2 questions:

1. What does the "PS3 Cross Buy" mean in "Zen Pinball 2 - Monsters Bundle - $5.99 - Includes The Paranormal, Sorcerer’s Lair and Plants vs. Zombies - PS3 Cross Buy"? Does it mean if I buy these tables for the Vita (which I don't have) I also get a PS3 version of these tables which I can use with Zen Pinball 2 (in 3D) on the PS3?
[As an aside, I bought many tables on sale for Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live because I didn't know this game existed on the PS3 under a different name. I was impressed by Zen Pinball 2's 3D and mad when I read that there are no plans to add 3D to Pinball FX2. I wish I had known and only bought tables on the PS3.]

2. There is a PS3 game I want for $4.99 on Gamestop.com where it would give me a PSN code if I buy it. Is there any way to use my Gamestop Powerup Rewards (I have 6700 points) to get a discount on this game? A Gamestop employee said I might be able to redeem a $5 off any in-store purchase coupon, take that to the store, get a $5 Gamestop gift card, and use that to purchase the game online, but the employee wasn't sure. I immediately assumed there would be restrictions against gift cards, assuming they even sell them in $5 amounts. Would this method work?

Thanks.

[quote name='ShadowX']*frogs croaking*[/QUOTE]

original

The demo for Amy (on 360) was really bad.

So the consensus is out on AMY. What about Ghostbusters Sanctum Slime? It's only 1.25...but is it even worth the d/l?

[quote name='pmkatiyar']Got Costume Quest, its a really good game and this is the best deal for it if anyone is considering buying it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's an awesome game. Not much depth, but incredibly charming.

Sanctum of Slime received medicore to poor reviews, but I bought it at $1.25. Feel free to add me on PSN (MattYoung730) if you want to try co-op sometime.

[quote name='kitsunisan']If anyone is on the fence on Odin Sphere, get off of it and buy this game.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, is it dubbed in English? Subtitled?

[quote name='breakfuss']So the consensus is out on AMY. What about Ghostbusters Sanctum Slime? It's only 1.25...but is it even worth the d/l?

Yep, it's an awesome game. Not much depth, but incredibly charming.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and bought Ghostbusters even though it is supposedly to be pretty bad just like Amy. The thing is Ghsotbusters has an IP I love and the classic theme song. It is also an action game/twin stick shooter and only $1.25. I find that twin stick shooters and/or action games can be easier to get through even if they are bad. Whereas a horror/story based game like Amy will be realllly slow and boring therefore making the issues it has that much worse.

But looking on gamerankings just now, Amy has a 27% (wow thats not pretty bad, its fucking horrid) and Ghostbusters has 42% (pretty bad).

[quote name='breakfuss']Just curious, is it dubbed in English? Subtitled?[/QUOTE]English voices, but there's speech bubbles. The voice acting is pretty decent from what I remember.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']can't believe how much fun im having with mutant blobs on the ps vita, truly amazing game[/QUOTE]

Yea me too- expected iPhone quality experience but its an awesome play former- enjoying it more than gravity rush or unit 13

Question -- I haven't really downloaded anything on my PS3 in a while, but I noticed that Odin Sphere was downloading really slow for me last night. I was watching the football game, so there was nothing else going on with my internet and in two hours, it was only 32% downloaded. On my 360, if I downloaded a ~3 gb demo/game, it would have been at least 66%-75% in the same time frame. Any ideas? It's an older backwards 40 GB, but I had the same issue with my old 80 GB non-backwards and just never really downloaded anything on it.

[quote name='jacknicklson']PSN is terrible in regards to download speeds[/QUOTE]

I've heard that, which is frustrating when I want to get some of the things on it/do PS+ for the instant game library, but I can't bring myself to do it when it takes like 10 hours to download just one game(even if it is a full PS3 game). I used to think it was my connection(it's weaker than where I was living before), but that hasn't been an issue with the xbox, at least not this much.

Well, I guess if that's my answer there's no quick fix, which is a bit upsetting.

[quote name='breakfuss']Just curious, is it dubbed in English? Subtitled?[/QUOTE]
You can select English or Japanese voices under options.

[quote name='jacknicklson']PSN is terrible in regards to download speeds[/QUOTE]

Its not THAT bad, its just....wonky at times. I downloaded One Piece Pirate Warriors in less than 3 hours (About 11GB), but have had times where it'd take me 30-60 minutes just to download a 2 or 3 GB file.

Though I'm not looking forward to redownloading stuff on my 500GB next week......

It really depends on where you are. Mine maxes my connection no problem.

[quote name='Nochance']It really depends on where you are. Mine maxes my connection no problem.[/QUOTE]

Other than Tuesdays after an update, it's usually pretty good.

Biggest problem is long install times- I get a 1GB game or demo in under 10 minutes

When a game like doom 3 which is 7 GB takes 40 minutes to install though...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Biggest problem is long install times- I get a 1GB game or demo in under 10 minutes

When a game like doom 3 which is 7 GB takes 40 minutes to install though...[/QUOTE]

Well bigger games have more to install lol. Though, it could also be a hard drive issue, before mine went out on me, I noticed installs were being slow as hell. And after they finished (Especially big ones), I'd get a "Please Wait" screen pop up before I could do anything.

[quote name='breakfuss']So the consensus is out on AMY. What about Ghostbusters Sanctum Slime? It's only 1.25...but is it even worth the d/l?

Yep, it's an awesome game. Not much depth, but incredibly charming.[/QUOTE]

I thought Ghostbusters was god-awful for the 3 levels I played it. The license got me to bite the first time it went on sale for Xbox for $5, and it's one of the few games I regret spending $5 on. For $1.25 there's no way to regret it. But I didn't find anything redeeming about it.

[quote name='handsomepete']Just wanted to say thanks for posting the videos lately. It's really incredibly helpful to me to see someone actually play the game in a non-rehearsed, non-show-offy way. It's sold me on a couple things and gotten me to pass on others.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. If you want to know when we have videos up before I can post them, you can subscribe to our Youtube channel here.

[quote name='Ubichu']I have 2 questions:

1. What does the "PS3 Cross Buy" mean in "Zen Pinball 2 - Monsters Bundle - $5.99 - Includes The Paranormal, Sorcerer’s Lair and Plants vs. Zombies - PS3 Cross Buy"? Does it mean if I buy these tables for the Vita (which I don't have) I also get a PS3 version of these tables which I can use with Zen Pinball 2 (in 3D) on the PS3?
[As an aside, I bought many tables on sale for Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live because I didn't know this game existed on the PS3 under a different name. I was impressed by Zen Pinball 2's 3D and mad when I read that there are no plans to add 3D to Pinball FX2. I wish I had known and only bought tables on the PS3.[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='Ubichu']2. There is a PS3 game I want for $4.99 on Gamestop.com where it would give me a PSN code if I buy it. Is there any way to use my Gamestop Powerup Rewards (I have 6700 points) to get a discount on this game? A Gamestop employee said I might be able to redeem a $5 off any in-store purchase coupon, take that to the store, get a $5 Gamestop gift card, and use that to purchase the game online, but the employee wasn't sure. I immediately assumed there would be restrictions against gift cards, assuming they even sell them in $5 amounts. Would this method work?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
No clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's disappointing Gamestop powerup rewards doesn't offer the PSN credit anymore, if I ever need a few bucks I'd grab some from there with my points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back