PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']Glad Vita trophies are showing up finally.[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe how stupid Sony is for not having this day one. You can see PS3 stats on a vita but not the other way? They're idiots.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']nice another $1 sega title definitely grabbing that, I wonder how long they will keep releasing these[/QUOTE]

There's 2 more. One more Monster World game and Super Hang-On.

[quote name='Slade']Oh I didn't even read the PS+ update for this week.

Rather weak, I'd say. I'll hold up on spending the last bit of the money I need to spend for that promotion for the last week of October, I think.

I have a feeling we'll get some nice stuff on the 30th.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Um wasn't NFS:MW already getting the little 10% off discount? And thats a weak PS+ week indeed[/QUOTE]

I'll agree that this isn't the strongest week, but I'd hope we're all used to how this works by now. The start of the month is still far more content heavy, which is how PS+ has been since the day I signed up over a year ago. The last couple weeks of the month are far lighter on content, so it's always best to temper expectations for the last 1 or 2 updates of the month.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']According to Morgan at PSBlog, no freebies next week either, but week AFTER that, November 6th, there will be

However, October 30th is epic day regardless, with Okami HD being released along with AC3[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for a sweet Okami discount next week, a la the killer RE4/RECV deal we got when those released. But I'll still pick it up without the discount, unless I'm able to trade for it here.

[quote name='Ubichu']Is Odin Sphere for $4.99 on PSN+ a HD remake or just the low-res PS2 version ported to run on any PS3?

Also, in Sega Rally Online Arcade, can your car go over cliffs or take damage or is it one of those racing games where your car safely bounces off invisible walls?[/QUOTE]

Odin Sphere is just the PS2 Classics version, it hasn't been updated at all. Also, it's not only for PS+ members, it's on sale for everyone.

[quote name='Ubichu']Also, in Sega Rally Online Arcade, can your car go over cliffs or take damage or is it one of those racing games where your car safely bounces off invisible walls?[/QUOTE]

It's an arcade racer with little realism and plenty of invisible walls. Sadly it's also pretty much a digital re-release of Sega Rally Revo (which you can find used for about $5), only with fewer tracks and cars.

If you're looking for more rally realism on PS3, check out the DiRT series.

I grab Odin Sphere and wow what a beautiful game. Sony and Other companies need to get on the ball and re-release more PS2 games on PSN.

[quote name='realit3y']Sony is even more stupid for contracting ppl that don't know how to post I am talking of Rey Guttierez that announced that Killzone Trilogy was going to hit PSN.

Guerrilla Games clearly replied that no way that is going to happen, yet he is stupid as a cunt because he can't even do his work properly.

Stupid bitch.

Here's the reply from Guerrilla Games:
https://twitter.com/KillzoneDotCom/status/260414813686087681[/QUOTE]

You sure do whine a lot.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You sure do whine a lot.[/QUOTE]

Isn't killzone 2 and 3 already on the store priced at 14.99?

Only thing you're missing is having a menu screen where you select between the titles

[quote name='realit3y']Sony is even more stupid for contracting ppl that don't know how to post I am talking of Rey Guttierez that announced that Killzone Trilogy was going to hit PSN.

Guerrilla Games clearly replied that no way that is going to happen, yet he is stupid as a cunt because he can't even do his work properly.

Stupid bitch.

No one cares.

Stupid bitch.

You sound mad.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Isn't killzone 2 and 3 already on the store priced at 14.99?

Only thing you're missing is having a menu screen where you select between the titles[/QUOTE]

killzone 2 and killzone 3 never went into the store and never will their huge size on bluray doesn't allow them of doing that it's much like Uncharted 3 you will never see it on the psn store.

Only retail.

Guerrilla Games answered me that killzone trilogy wouldn't be coming to psn only killzone 1 HD

[quote name='tylerh1701']You sure do whine a lot.[/QUOTE]

I don't drink whine, only beer.

[quote name='seanmcc']No one cares.[/QUOTE]

Neither do I but you are caring since you are replying otherwise you wouldn't be caring which means I also cared in reply to your reply that replied to my reply.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']You sound mad.[/QUOTE]

Look at what MorganHaro posted related to Rey Guttieriez and you will see it totally differs.

Thanks to those who answered about Odin Sphere and Sega Rally Online Arcade. With that info, I can pass on Sega Rally Online Arcade. I know I get bored after a short time when all I can do is race around a track. I need there to be crashes and damage to keep it interesting.
[quote name='sherlock2g']I grab Odin Sphere and wow what a beautiful game. Sony and Other companies need to get on the ball and re-release more PS2 games on PSN.[/QUOTE]
Given that Odin Sphere is just the PS2 version ported to run on the PS3, it only will have 640x480 graphics. I read reviews and saw some gameplay videos, but as beautiful as a game's art may be, the blocky/jagged edges of a low res game ruin the beauty for me. I had Googled some comments saying Odin Sphere was getting a HD remake, but either that never really happened or it hasn't been released yet. There were also comments about severe frame rate issues during some boss fights, and I haven't found anything saying those have been fixed on the PS3. Unfortunately, and sadly as usual, there is no Odin Sphere demo on PSN. At $4.99 I guess I'll pass on this well-liked game because of the low res graphics and frame rate issues.

I still don't know what to do about Amy at $2.49. Most people hate it, but a few people got it and think it's worth playing at that price. Once again PSN has no demo. Unlike XBLA where I'd say 95% of games have demos, I find the majority of PSN games don't have demos. That combined with more sales on XBLA is why I buy more XBLA games over PSN ones.

[quote name='y2jd']any chance of Ezio Trilogy releasing on PSN?[/QUOTE]

It looks like you don't pay attention to the blogs it has already released my friend but mostly overseas , which means only in Europe.

for 59.99€ you get AC1 AC2 ACB ACR plus all DLC on it

Stupid bitch.

how old are you?

[quote name='Ubichu']Thanks to those who answered about Odin Sphere and Sega Rally Online Arcade. With that info, I can pass on Sega Rally Online Arcade. I know I get bored after a short time when all I can do is race around a track. I need there to be crashes and damage to keep it interesting.

Given that Odin Sphere is just the PS2 version ported to run on the PS3, it only will have 640x480 graphics. I read reviews and saw some gameplay videos, but as beautiful as a game's art may be, the blocky/jagged edges of a low res game ruin the beauty for me. I had Googled some comments saying Odin Sphere was getting a HD remake, but either that never really happened or it hasn't been released yet. There were also comments about severe frame rate issues during some boss fights, and I haven't found anything saying those have been fixed on the PS3. Unfortunately, and sadly as usual, there is no Odin Sphere demo on PSN. At $4.99 I guess I'll pass on this well-liked game because of the low res graphics and frame rate issues.

I still don't know what to do about Amy at $2.49. Most people hate it, but a few people got it and think it's worth playing at that price. Once again PSN has no demo. Unlike XBLA where I'd say 95% of games have demos, I find the majority of PSN games don't have demos. That combined with more sales on XBLA is why I buy more XBLA games over PSN ones.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the Odin Sphere HD remake ever materializing since they ported the PS2 Classic on to PS3. If it does happen, I can't imagine it would be any time soon.

There were several mentions in this thread that the slowdown had been fixed on Odin Sphere, though I don't think anyone was able confirm it. Frisky said he *might* do a video on it, but since the slowdown occurs later in the game that he might not do it.

I agree that demos are SUPER important for games, but I don't think they do demos for any PS2 classics.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']because that post was extremely childish[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks

It's not my problem that blogcast people have Alzheimer disease, and forget and miss things every week, doing a job that their supposed to, plus getting paid but not doing it correctly.

Because of that some people that thought that Killzone HD trilogy was getting on PSN are holding out right now to wait for him to be released on the store, it would be the same as anyone taking into a line waiting for the next iphone, but oh snap, when the day was about to come in that State the new iphone will never come anymore, you'd have to travel to another state to get it, in this case to a store instead of PSN.

So am I being childish? Yes
Is he being childish? No he's being stupid in giving a lie to Killzone fans in their face, making them believe that PSn would get while in fact it will never get it.

Maybe they just don't have launch plans for the full trilogy. Makes sense to put KZ1 HDonline since a lot of people might already own or at least not want to repurchase #s 2-3. Not to mention, the PSN version will maintain it's sales value while retail games will eventually be sold for dirt cheap.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']because that post was extremely childish[/QUOTE]

CAG needs 'like' buttons.

[quote name='johnnypark']Maybe they just don't have launch plans for the full trilogy. Makes sense to put KZ1 HDonline since a lot of people might already own or at least not want to repurchase #s 2-3. Not to mention, the PSN version will maintain it's sales value while retail games will eventually be sold for dirt cheap.

CAG needs 'like' buttons.[/QUOTE]

But also another way why it will never be up is because of the high download sizes you would get 30 GB+

There is a reason why Uncharted 3 is not on the store .

realit3y likes to do this when there's a mistake on the psn blog. He wines and wines and says he doesn't care (when he obviously does) and replies to everyone with childish comments (I can't wait to see mine). Mistakes happen and there's a reason why they say the items are subject to change at any time. No one's perfect for fuck's sake.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Because you whine and cry like a child; type like one too.[/QUOTE]

First I do not whine second it is impossible to cry online in a forum

[quote name='Namerson']realit3y likes to do this when there's a mistake on the psn blog. He wines and wines and says he doesn't care (when he obviously does) and reply to everyone with childish comments. Mistakes happen and the items are subject to change at any time. No one's perfect for fuck's sake.[/QUOTE]

Yes because when someone is posting some discussion regarding psn plus and giving childish comments no one cares and yet you guys argue etc with pointless commentaries and fights against each other, just to say that PS plus is so great or not so great.

And yet when I put something which is true and they have make the mistakes themselves you don't care.

I said I wouldn't make any more remarks regarding prices since last time with Devil May cry Trilogy sales prices might be subject to change, but a game launch in retail and saying it is going to launch in PSN at the same time is not an error of price, but something that is connected with stupidity for not checking out correctly what was going to come out.

So there are no counters to that is stupidity aside of price errors, and typo has just reached the bottom next time you will see the DROP should be called the FLOP and all erroneous in it.

So now I don't fucking care about it anymore because he disrespected killzone fans.

[quote name='realit3y']So now I don't fucking care about it anymore because he disrespected killzone fans.[/QUOTE]

Forget the "like" feature we need a "quote of the day" feature. :rofl:

[quote name='realit3y']Ok thanks

It's not my problem that blogcast people have Alzheimer disease, and forget and miss things every week, doing a job that their supposed to, plus getting paid but not doing it correctly.

Because of that some people that thought that Killzone HD trilogy was getting on PSN are holding out right now to wait for him to be released on the store, it would be the same as anyone taking into a line waiting for the next iphone, but oh snap, when the day was about to come in that State the new iphone will never come anymore, you'd have to travel to another state to get it, in this case to a store instead of PSN.

So am I being childish? Yes
Is he being childish? No he's being stupid in giving a lie to Killzone fans in their face, making them believe that PSn would get while in fact it will never get it.[/QUOTE]

So that middle part is one big sentence? If store #1 (psn) doesn't have it, go to store #2 (best buy) or store #3 (Walmart) or store #4 (target) or store #5 (Gamestop) or ...... Get my point. I get your frustration however, your analogy doesn't make sense. You're not physically waiting in a line and the better version of the product can be had elsewhere.

But seriously, what age?

These questions might have been answered but, does adding funding to wallet count towards the $100 October Special?

Also, does redeeming a 12 month subscription code count, or do I need to buy it from PSN?

[quote name='Xiemos']These questions might have been answered but, does adding funding to wallet count towards the $100 October Special?

Also, does redeeming a 12 month subscription code count, or do I need to buy it from PSN?[/QUOTE]

Neither of those count. The October special is specifically for PSN purchases only. You can add funding to your wallet but you'll have to spend it on items in the store for it to count. Redeeming a 12 month sub doesn't count unless you buy it from the PSN store itself.

man, this thread needs a kitten.

surprise-kitty.gif

there ya go.

[quote name='Namerson']Neither of those count. The October special is specifically for PSN purchases only. You can add funding to your wallet but you'll have to spend it on items in the store for it to count. Redeeming a 12 month sub doesn't count unless you buy it from the PSN store itself.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clarifying.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...aunch-discount-on-need-for-speed-most-wanted/

Here's the full update for what's coming to PS+ this week:
What a month it’s been for PlayStation Plus in October. With NFL Blitz, King of Fighters XIII and PAYDAY: The Heist all free to download for Plus members, there’s a lot to play. You also got early access to The Unfinished Swan as well as an exclusive PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Beta on PS3 and PS Vita, and an assortment of discounts to boot. This week, we want to remind you of some of the great perks you’ll see in Plus, along with a bit of news on additional discounts.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

October 23rd PlayStation Plus Update

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Pre-Launch Week Discount (Regular price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $53.99)

It’s not often you get to save some cash on new releases, but with your Plus membership you can nab Need for Speed: Most Wanted for $53.99, as opposed to the usual new release price point. The discount is only applicable on preorders for Plus members, so get ready for its release on 10/30 next week and make sure your preorder is in to get the Limited Edition version of the game. (Note: Non-PS Plus members can still preorder to get the Limited Edition and exclusive theme, it just won’t have the 10% discount.)

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Exclusive Timed Trial

Medal of Honor: Warfighter is set to deliver an aggressive, gritty and authentic experience that puts gamers in the boots of today’s most precise warrior, the Tier 1 Operator. Plus members will get to have their hands on the full game for 1 hour and get an enhanced peek into the action they can download when it releases at retail and on the PlayStation Store as part of the Day 1 Digital event with the 10/23 update.

Hell Yeah! – Pimp My Rabbit and Virtual Rabbit Missions

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members

If you snagged Hell Yeah! Wrath of the White Rabbit with a launch week discount thanks to your Plus membership, you can now save on the Add-Ons! The Pimp My Rabbit DLC comes with 50 new masks for Ash, plus 11 new driller skins and even some familiar SEGA faces. The Virtual Rabbit Missions will test your action and shooting skills while adding more than three hours of gameplay. If you dug Hell Yeah! get this new DLC at a steal of a price with Plus.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land

80% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $1.00)

SEGA shows off its old school gaming roots once again with the Master System classic action RPG Wonder Boy in Monster Land. Getting the PS Plus special price at $1 means you may not be able to pass up this sequel to the original Wonder Boy. Highly regarded as one of the best titles on the Master System library and playable on PS3, you owe it to yourself to check it out. And with nostalgic boxart like this, how can you resist?

That’s it for this week. Make sure you check out tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update post to see all the details for this week’s Plus update. Thanks for reading, and as always, I’ll see you in the comments.

For those wondering, it looks like the next big week for PS+ will be the week of November 6 when the start of that month begins.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...oming-this-winter-corpse-party-sale-tomorrow/

Corpse Party will be on sale for $9.99 starting tomorrow.

Youtube update: The four most recent PS+ Preview videos I did over the weekend and my walkthrough of the new (UK) PS Store are now live. I tried to go through as much of the store as I could to show off everything that I could think to look at, so it may look like I'm randomly clicking on things since that's basically what I did. The video isn't necessarily a great representation of what the US store will look like since they're handled/organized differently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPGWiyHRLzI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJN1kh3OUyY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVKmzepoyQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GpsJarGwAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YITOYDhHWf4

I don't remember posting my King of Fighters XIII preview video, so I'll post it again just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJMEpXZnJ1w

[quote name='Namerson']Forget the "like" feature we need a "quote of the day" feature. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Your comment made me decide it was time to retire the quote in my sig from ShinAkuma21 about being slapped by CheapyD in his dream. Sigged.

There ain't no party like a Corpse Party, 'cause a Corpse Party don't stop. Well, until everyone's dead, I guess. At that point I would imagine that the Corpse Party would have to stop, or at the very least slow down a little. Maybe that's when a Corpse Party gets started, I've never actually been to one before.

I'm really glad to see the price drop, and news that the sequel is coming stateside. It's just unfortunate that it didn't make it here in time for a boost from Haloween sales. I guess the good news is that it will be there for a boost in sales from the people that get a Vita for Christmas.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land...is that the one where you become different dragons? Or is that some other one like Dragon's Trap? Wonder Boy titles are so confusing.

Eh, I'll find out when I buy it. IT'S A DOLLAR!!!!! It will all be good.

[quote name='jedimario']Do you get any kind of notification when you hit the $100 mark?[/QUOTE]
No, but you can track how much you've spent by going to Account Management > Transaction Management > Transaction History and starting from 10/1/12 to see how much you've spent this month.

im glad there will be 1 more tuesday this month after tomorrow, hoping for a deal or two to put me to 100 without having to buy any more regular priced junk.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...railer-rise-of-the-warrior-early-beta-access/

The God of War Ascension beta will be coming to PS+ later this year with another avenue for non-PS+ members through The Rise of the Warrior:
Info about Ascension, the God of War series, and Kratos isn’t the only thing you’ll find on the new GodofWar.com though. You’ll also find the only way to get into the Beta if you’re not already a PlayStation Plus subscriber, and the only way to get into the Beta at least a week before everyone else: The Rise of the Warrior.

The Rise of the Warrior is a new social experience on GodofWar.com. You’ll live out your warrior’s journey in an epic new graphic-novel style story. You will embark on a quest for redemption that leads you toward becoming the next Champion of the Gods.

It gives you the opportunity to align with either the Spartans or the Trojans and compete via a number of social challenges to earn your army a week of exclusive early access to the Beta this winter, and 30 days of PlayStation Plus. And that’s just the first of multiple major army rewards between now and March! If an epic new God of War story and early Beta access aren’t enough for you – you’ll also be able to earn early in-game unlocks for God of War: Ascension multiplayer to get a head-start on the competition, along with exclusive multiplayer weapons and armor for everyone who rises to Champion of the Gods! So get over to GodofWar.com and start your journey in Rise of the Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back