PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']These are the PS+ items that are coming down with next week's update:

Deals
Disney Universe - $15.00
Saints Row The Third - $47.99

Games
Frogger Returns
PixelJunk 4am Viewer Beta[/QUOTE]

I was going to b*tch about how PSN and XBL always price the digital versions of full games more than you can find physical copies but a quick search on google just revealed that the cheapest new copy of Saints Row the Third is $50.

Wasn't this on sale for $30 around Black Friday? I can't believe this game has managed to maintain such a high MSRP for this long. Hopefully it's because of strong sales which will help THQ pull out of their financial hardships that they're currently in.

Last edited by a moderator:
not to mention you can have your saints row full game on 2 ps3s and even coop together with the same 47.99, though you can never trade it in when you are through.

[quote name='ThickMcRunfast']Awesome that Uncharted 2's DLC is free.[/QUOTE]
:cry:Not awesome for those of us with that 'super voucher' from the Uncharted Dual Packs that were/are trying to trade those DLC codes for something else.:whistle2:#

I also just picked up one of those controller packs from Target the other day, so now I have two codes that're fairly useless. But I'm sure my buddies offline can use them.;)
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']not to mention you can have your saints row full game on 2 ps3s and even coop together with the same 47.99, though you can never trade it in when you are through.[/QUOTE]
Not only that but if you bought it soon after release and activated the online pass for it you could then download a digital version of Saint's Row 2 as an added bonus.;)

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']not to mention you can have your saints row full game on 2 ps3s and even coop together with the same 47.99, though you can never trade it in when you are through.[/QUOTE]
Not only that but if you bought it soon after release and activated the online pass for it you could then download a digital version of Saint's Row 2 as an added bonus.;)

It look like the free U2 DLC is the same as the on disk DLC from the GOTY edition. (except for the Pinball Heroes game and Eye of Indra comic)
Can anyone confirm this?

Darn, I was hoping PJ Monsters Encore would drop too but it's still full price. Monsters was one of the first PS3 games I bought and I have been holding out on a sale for the DLC, lol (I have probably missed one by now.)

I still got to pick up Eden and 2nd Lap for a buck each though (already completed Shooter, and have Shooter 2 and Sidescroller in my backlog.)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:cry:Not awesome for those of us with that 'super voucher' from the Uncharted Dual Packs that were/are trying to trade those DLC codes for something else.:whistle2:#

I also just picked up one of those controller packs from Target the other day, so now I have two codes that're fairly useless. But I'm sure my buddies offline can use them.;)
[/QUOTE]

You still have to go online to use the codes. Where do you think you download the stuff from?

[quote name='Tsel']You still have to go online to use the codes. Where do you think you download the stuff from?[/QUOTE]
I know that. I just meant that as I'm gonna give em to my real life friends since they're mostly worthless on here now and I'm not just gonna give em away to people I don't know from a hole in the ground on here.:booty:;)

As for the PJ sale, I picked up Shooter 2 and Eden, but I'm not 100% sure I want the other ones for $1-5.

[quote name='Romeo']I wonder if there will EVER be a PS+ splash on the Vita, or Vita game sales. Sony wants to push it but seems to forget about it during the weekly update. I was even shocked to see one of the PJ games mentioning compatibility soon, and that should have been automatic anyway.[/QUOTE]

The Vita just came out, relax.

Went ahead and grabbed the whole PixelJunk series, $13 is a no-brainer.
[quote name='AoA']It look like the free U2 DLC is the same as the on disk DLC from the GOTY edition. (except for the Pinball Heroes game and Eye of Indra comic)
Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]
I own the GOTY Edition, and there was actually one set of free DLC I didn't have: the sidekicks skin pack. Outside what's now available for free, the GOTY Edition also has Pinball Heroes, Eye of Indra, the Eye of Indra skins, and 4 avatar packs. Don't know if any of that has gone free yet.
And btw, is there a version of U2 with on disc DLC? I was under the impression they all had the "super voucher".

Note to self, remember to check PSN account before posting where to find PSN cards. I had way more than enough.

Grabbed that 3 in 1 pack and PixelJunk Shooter.

[quote name='Bosamba']I was going to b*tch about how PSN and XBL always price the digital versions of full games more than you can find physical copies but a quick search on google just revealed that the cheapest new copy of Saints Row the Third is $50.

Wasn't this on sale for $30 around Black Friday? I can't believe this game has managed to maintain such a high MSRP for this long. Hopefully it's because of strong sales which will help THQ pull out of their financial hardships that they're currently in.[/QUOTE]

Saint's Row 3 is still doing very well. There will probably be a price drop in the next couple months (I'd guess). In fact, it's nearly single handedly kept them in business.

"THQ credited the recent uptick to Saints Row: The Third, a mobster shooter franchise which shipped 4 million copies and raked in higher-than-expected revenue from sales of additional digital game content. It also said UFC: Undisputed 3, released in February, is selling better than expected, although it did not disclose sales figures for the title."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent.../04/saints-row-ufc-push-thq-stock-higher.html

They're releasing a stand alone Saint's Row 3 expansion on disk for $30 later this year (holiday maybe?). I can only assume that they'll re-release the original with the stand-alone game + all DLC content for $60 in a "complete edition" of some kind.

The expansion looks like it's to have fun fucking around with no relation to the actual story. They did a "Enter the Matrix" spin....

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/...ow-the-third-enter-the-dominatrix-development

Off the topic of Saint's Row 3, is the dead space bundle worth it? I've never played Dead Space 1 or 2 though I'm about half-way through the iPad game. What is in the bundle, stuff that's worth it or should I look for the vanilla game in stores for cheap?

[quote name='nitman99']Went ahead and grabbed the whole PixelJunk series, $13 is a no-brainer.

And btw, is there a version of U2 with on disc DLC? I was under the impression they all had the "super voucher".[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, now that you mention it, I did have to download everything with the voucher.
Oh what the hell, I should attempt to download all the free DLC, if I already have it, it will tell me (since I now remember that I did actually download it myself.

Yes, 13 bucks for all the PJ is a no brainer. People who are like, eh, $1 for one of the best regarded games from a great company, nah, I 'll pass, amaze me.
A soda is more than a dollar. A DOLLAR!!!! Its worth the risk.

I couldn't pass up all of the Pixeljunk games (sans the PSP one) for $13. I picked that up and still had some money left over, so I bought World Gone Sour, which came out a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='Akimitsu782']I couldn't pass up all of the Pixeljunk games (sans the PSP one) for $13. I picked that up and still had some money left over, so I bought World Gone Sour, which came out a couple of weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
World Gone Sour is an excellent game and well worth the $5 price tag.

Where exactly are you guys finding that Pixeljunk 3 in 1 bundle at? I looked under the PSN games and I only see the standalone PJ games on there. Oh well. I bought PJS 2 and PJE, which were the two I really wanted out of the bunch. I'm kinda debating PJM as well, since it's only $1 too.

By the way, is there any definitive list of which PSN titles work on PS3 and PSP besides the Minis and ones clearly labeled PSP/PS3? I ask because I'm charging up the one PSPGo I have and I wanna know what my option are for grabbing some games to put on there. I could always finally download my PSN outage games and then transfer them, I suppose.

I asked this in the PSP/Vita section as well, but it seems like that section is more Vita stuff and less PSP anymore.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']World Gone Sour is an excellent game and well worth the $5 price tag.

Where exactly are you guys finding that Pixeljunk 3 in 1 bundle at? I looked under the PSN games and I only see the standalone PJ games on there. Oh well. I bought PJS 2 and PJE, which were the two I really wanted out of the bunch. I'm kinda debating PJM as well, since it's only $1 too.

By the way, is there any definitive list of which PSN titles work on PS3 and PSP besides the Minis and ones clearly labeled PSP/PS3? I ask because I'm charging up the one PSPGo I have and I wanna know what my option are for grabbing some games to put on there. I could always finally download my PSN outage games and then transfer them, I suppose.

I asked this in the PSP/Vita section as well, but it seems like that section is more Vita stuff and less PSP anymore.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

It was under the sale page for me, but I've heard from people in the past that if you already own one item in a bundle, it won't show up for you. Did you already have one of the three purchased?

[quote name='Sonic9jct']It was under the sale page for me, but I've heard from people in the past that if you already own one item in a bundle, it won't show up for you. Did you already have one of the three purchased?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I just purchased PixelJunk Eden earlier for $1.:cry: Oh well. I doubt I would've played the racing game since it looked kinda silly even for $1.:whistle2:#

Picked up a 1 year PS+ card today since I had almost $450 in Gamestop credit.

Picked up the 4 $1 PixelJunk games for $3, Datura, and then the free stuff I had to pass on during the couple weeks I didn't have PS+

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Darn, I was hoping PJ Monsters Encore would drop too but it's still full price. Monsters was one of the first PS3 games I bought and I have been holding out on a sale for the DLC, lol (I have probably missed one by now.)
[/QUOTE]

PJ Monsters was one of the first PSN games I bought years ago. It was also the first tower-defense game I played and the only one I've really loved so far. After waiting a year or two for Monsters Encore to go on sale, I realized I had waited too long to save a mere $3, of which would go to a developer of a great game. It's not really so much DLC as it is a full-fledged sequel on another island. Worth it.

Played the 3 games in the pj bundle. IMO, the only game that I thought was good was monster. 2nd lap was the worst one. Mixed feelings about eden.

[quote name='Blaster man']Saint's Row 3 is still doing very well. There will probably be a price drop in the next couple months (I'd guess). In fact, it's nearly single handedly kept them in business.

"THQ credited the recent uptick to Saints Row: The Third, a mobster shooter franchise which shipped 4 million copies and raked in higher-than-expected revenue from sales of additional digital game content. It also said UFC: Undisputed 3, released in February, is selling better than expected, although it did not disclose sales figures for the title."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent.../04/saints-row-ufc-push-thq-stock-higher.html

They're releasing a stand alone Saint's Row 3 expansion on disk for $30 later this year (holiday maybe?). I can only assume that they'll re-release the original with the stand-alone game + all DLC content for $60 in a "complete edition" of some kind.

The expansion looks like it's to have fun fucking around with no relation to the actual story. They did a "Enter the Matrix" spin....

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/...ow-the-third-enter-the-dominatrix-development

Off the topic of Saint's Row 3, is the dead space bundle worth it? I've never played Dead Space 1 or 2 though I'm about half-way through the iPad game. What is in the bundle, stuff that's worth it or should I look for the vanilla game in stores for cheap?[/QUOTE]
I'm not really sold 100% on the Saint's Row 3 'ZOMG Super Powers' edition thing yet. From that second article you linked it sounds like you're gonna be stuck in a virtual Steelport for the whole game and not actually be able to annihilate the real city in the game.:whistle2:# For me, the game would be so much better if everybody had super powers in it and you could take turns whipping each other through the buildings in a fully destructible environment.

It just sounds like some Assassin's Creed bs to me. I mean, I liked that they did a different direction with you being in the VR machine in those games. But at the same time I'd also like the ability to explore that future world where you're only reliving your distant ancestors lives through the machine. Instead you're stuck in the building for the whole game usually.:whistle2:#

i have sr3. got it super cheap. amazon tiv is 28.35 or so.
im gonna try to play/beat it and flip it and then get goty zomg edition someday.
yow

Well, shit. The three Pixel Junk games i don't own are even cheaper than I was going to pay for them initially. 2 bucks. Not bad.

Sigh, seems I won't be able to sell my U2 Supervoucher from the 2 pack now.

[quote name='Velo214']i have sr3. got it super cheap. amazon tiv is 28.35 or so.
im gonna try to play/beat it and flip it and then get goty zomg edition someday.
yow[/QUOTE]
You should try playing some co-op one of these nights. I'm like Connor MacLeod. Practically the only thing that'll kill me in the game is if I sit in a vehicle that's about to blow up, I crash a plane and bail out right next to the thing I'm crashing into and that's just about it.:lol::whistle2:#

Not even the 'omg zombies' can phase me.:booty:

[quote name='tylerh1701']So why are people not liking PJ Racers?[/QUOTE]
i don't know. i just bought the 3-game $2 bundle today. played pj racers for the last 20 minutes. it is a fun top-down racer well worth the $0.67 i just paid for it. there are even trophies. no platinum though.

the initial negative reaction to pj racers was because people expected so much from dylan cuthbert and crew. it is probably their worst game but it is worth the sale price today.

Wish I hadn't bought PJ Shooter when it was on sale for $5, I haven't even touched it yet. Could've gotten PJ Shooter 2 and the orig for $1 more if I'd waited. Picked up the 3-in-1 for $2, was gonna pass on Racers but it's pretty much free now so that's cool.

Now I just need Gotham City Impostors to go on sale and I'm set. I fully expect Sony to pull the plug on PSN 1.0 shortly after Orbis comes out so I don't wanna load up on too many downloadable games.

Got the 3 for 1, PJ shooter 1 and PJ Side scroller. I am debating PJ Monsters deluxe for PSP (Primarily for Vita) but not sure if I want to spend the $5 on it if I have it on PS3

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Got the 3 for 1, PJ shooter 1 and PJ Side scroller. I am debating PJ Monsters deluxe for PSP (Primarily for Vita) but not sure if I want to spend the $5 on it if I have it on PS3[/QUOTE]
It has quite a bit of new stuff (new island, enemies, towers) along with rebalancing the levels that were available for the PS3 version for all of that stuff, so it's kind of the ultimate edition of the original.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Got the 3 for 1, PJ shooter 1 and PJ Side scroller. I am debating PJ Monsters deluxe for PSP (Primarily for Vita) but not sure if I want to spend the $5 on it if I have it on PS3[/QUOTE]
Yeah im tempted to get PJ Monsters Deluxe for the PSP as well just for the vita. Tower defense games are my favorite and i've never played monsters yet either. :D

Frisky,

Do you know why the PS3 USB charge cables went from gold-plated to silver-plated? My PS3 is from last year and has the silver ends, but I got an Official cord from Sears for $4.97 and it has gold ends and is from 2010.

I saw the silver-plated 1 there, but it was $9.99 with no date. But, I knew it was newer because it was in the same color box as the Vita accessories and not in a plastic package like this one. Wondering if I should take this gold-plated 1 back.

Thanks!

[quote name='shadowkast']What about speedway? They did at one point[/QUOTE]

Is speedway a regional chain? I have no idea.

I still miss being able to buy PSN credit/games on Amazon though =(

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:whistle2:#
[/QUOTE]

Completely off topic. What are you trying to say when you use that? I notice you use it in nearly every one of your posts, but I never understand the relevance. Just curious is all.

On topic...I picked up the 3-in-1. I already have Shooter 1&2, so it looks like all I need now is Sidescroller. Thanks Frisky

[quote name='dino88']Completely off topic. What are you trying to say when you use that? I notice you use it in nearly every one of your posts, but I never understand the relevance. Just curious is all.[/QUOTE]
It depends on the context really. If I'm responding to someone who insulted me in a post, then it's me silencing myself before I say something expletive laced and with denigrating terms about their mother and a donkey.;)

In the one you responded to, it means that I was laughing thinking about how close to immortal I was in the game, while at the same time being shocked by what it took to kill me in the game(hence the :whistle2:#).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It depends on the context really. If I'm responding to someone who insulted me in a post, then it's me silencing myself before I say something expletive laced and with denigrating terms about their mother and a donkey.;)
[/QUOTE]

You should just use the Samuel L Jackson smiley.

In the one you responded to, it means that I was laughing thinking about how close to immortal I was in the game, while at the same time being shocked by what it took to kill me in the game(hence the :whistle2:#).

I still don't really understand this one. But now that know part of your reasoning, I should be able to get a little sleep tonight. :whistle2:#

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Frisky,

Do you know why the PS3 USB charge cables went from gold-plated to silver-plated? My PS3 is from last year and has the silver ends, but I got an Official cord from Sears for $4.97 and it has gold ends and is from 2010.

I saw the silver-plated 1 there, but it was $9.99 with no date. But, I knew it was newer because it was in the same color box as the Vita accessories and not in a plastic package like this one. Wondering if I should take this gold-plated 1 back.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
No clue.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No clue.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I may try calling them and seeing if I can find an employee with a brain.

Thanks!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Do you know why the PS3 USB charge cables went from gold-plated to silver-plated?[/QUOTE]

Seems like cost-cutting by Sony. Cables without gold plated connectors are cheaper to manufacture, obviously. (The purpose of the gold coating is to prevent oxidation of the connector surfaces, which could weaken the signal over time.)

If you have gotten yourself a better quality cable, there's no point to downgrade it even if the inferior model is newer.

I don't know how I resisted so long but finally picking up Pixel Junk Monsters. Thinking of just getting that triple pack with it, Racers and Eden.

Not that having to put $5 in credit is a huge deal, but it still bothers me that Sony enforces that BS of a $5 minimum. Guess it's no different than the 400 point minimum on the 360 (which there are ways to get around).

Might pick up PJ Sidescroller just because of that.

[quote name='gordojones88']PJ Monsters was one of the first PSN games I bought years ago. It was also the first tower-defense game I played and the only one I've really loved so far. [/QUOTE]

If you have a DS I highly recommend Ninja Town. It's an awesome Tower Defense game. No co-op, though, which was really the best thing about Monsters IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back