PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']I bought a 750GB HD for my PS3 last week and installed it and it was super easy and well worth it.

So, yeah, I'd recommend upgrading. And 750GB was probably overkill so you could easily go with a 500GB or even slightly smaller one for $50 or $60.[/QUOTE]

Did you use a specific size 0 or 1 phillips screwdriver? I tried to use a standard size phillips screwdriver and ended up stripped out all four screws. I had to go to a PC repair ship to get help after that and while there I picked up a hard drive case for $9.99 that allows me to use the old hard drive as an external one.

I bought a Samsung 1TB hard drive for $112.99 from Amazon since customers rated it as reliable and it only spun at 5400 RPM and is 9.5mm in height.

I'm very satisfied that I upgraded so far.

All this talk about upgrading hard drives has me considering upgrading my PS3 hard drive.

I'm a newbie to this stuff so I read this link:
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4701299?start=0&tstart=0

500GB is the limit or something? I was thinking about 1TB or 750GB just to not worry about running out of space.

Currently got less than 2GB left on my stock 160GB. That's all from PSN downloads (music/videos/games/DLC), games saves, and game installs.

I backed-up all the stuff that had the "back up" or "copy" function onto an external 320GB hard drive. I also uploaded the protected game saves to the cloud.

Probably end up doing that full back up thing, where you back up the entire PS3 hard drive to a larger external hard drive, we'll say 500GB to be clear.

My question is will the external 320GB hard drive work like normally? Like after I had upgraded the stock hard drive from 160 to 750GB PS3. Will my upgraded to 750GB PS3 recognize all the old 160GB stuff from my 320GB external hard drive?

I'll spoiler this it is getting too long
Don't know if I'm phrasing this right. Will stuff I back up to an external hard drive work just fine? Same PS3 different internal hard drive.

External hard drive stuff will work, even though the PS3 has a different hard drive.

Final:
Example, I download a free tv show off of PSN and then back it up to an external hard drive. Will I be able to retrieve the free tv show? Given that I couldn't download it again/it isn't in my download history anymore and had already upgraded the stock hard drive of my PS3.

As far as I know, when you run the backup utility it will back everything up and then when you restore everything it should all be transferred to the new Hard Drive. I am not sure about TV shows because I did not have any. And 500GB is not the limit. I upgraded to 750GB and I know a 1TB would work too.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']All this talk about upgrading hard drives has me considering upgrading my PS3 hard drive.

I'm a newbie to this stuff so I read this link:
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4701299?start=0&tstart=0

500GB is the limit or something? I was thinking about 1TB or 750GB just to not worry about running out of space.

Currently got less than 2GB left on my stock 160GB. That's all from PSN downloads (music/videos/games/DLC), games saves, and game installs.

I backed-up all the stuff that had the "back up" or "copy" function onto an external 320GB hard drive. I also uploaded the protected game saves to the cloud.

Probably end up doing that full back up thing, where you back up the entire PS3 hard drive to a larger external hard drive, we'll say 500GB to be clear.

My question is will the external 320GB hard drive work like normally? Like after I had upgraded the stock hard drive from 160 to 750GB PS3. Will my upgraded to 750GB PS3 recognize all the old 160GB stuff from my 320GB external hard drive?

I'll spoiler this it is getting too long
Don't know if I'm phrasing this right. Will stuff I back up to an external hard drive work just fine? Same PS3 different internal hard drive.

External hard drive stuff will work, even though the PS3 has a different hard drive.

Final:
Example, I download a free tv show off of PSN and then back it up to an external hard drive. Will I be able to retrieve the free tv show? Given that I couldn't download it again/it isn't in my download history anymore and had already upgraded the stock hard drive of my PS3.
[/QUOTE]

500gb isn't the real limit, but it is the limit if you try to restore file system, or whatever that thing is called in the recovery menu. I used a 640gb in my old console, tried to restore, and it failed on me. Three years of saves lost.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wooo, can't wait til I can play Tomba on my Vita.[/QUOTE]
Well, fortunately you'll get to play it on your Vita soon*.

*Soon may refer to this month, this season, this year, this decade, or all of eternity.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Well, fortunately you'll get to play it on your Vita soon*.

*Soon may refer to this month, this season, this year, this decade, or all of eternity.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping it's this summer but with Sony who knows what 'soon' really means. I really want to play Castlevania on it.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Well, fortunately you'll get to play it on your Vita soon*.

*Soon may refer to this month, this season, this year, this decade, or all of eternity.[/QUOTE]

There's that good ol' CAG humor.

[quote name='Namerson']I'm really hoping it's this summer but with Sony who knows what 'soon' really means. I really want to play Castlevania on it.[/QUOTE]

MGS 1 for me.

[quote name='Bosamba']Did you use a specific size 0 or 1 phillips screwdriver? I tried to use a standard size phillips screwdriver and ended up stripped out all four screws. I had to go to a PC repair ship to get help after that and while there I picked up a hard drive case for $9.99 that allows me to use the old hard drive as an external one.

I bought a Samsung 1TB hard drive for $112.99 from Amazon since customers rated it as reliable and it only spun at 5400 RPM and is 9.5mm in height.

I'm very satisfied that I upgraded so far.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the size is, but I had a fairly small one that worked fine. I didn't strip any screws but having read about that I was very careful. I just made sure I was pushing in pretty hard when I turned so the bit wouldn't slip. It was easier than I anticipated based on everything I've read about it on CAG ;).

And yeah, I have a couple of enclosures I have used for old laptop drives (when the computers died on me). I think one of those was only an 80Gb though so I might have some use for this 120 GB I just took out (though right now it is just sitting in the bag the 750GB came in).

I was thinking of upgrading my old phat PS3 (that mostly my younger son plays NBA 2K12 on all the time). For one thing, with R&C All 4 One being downloadable we can play coop on the 2 machines (so we both get trophies plus not split screen). But that is a whopping 12GB download and I know that system is close to full. But I don't want to spend $100 on that one. Unfortunately it doesn't appear there is a really cheap alternative. I mean, I'd go with 300 GB or so for it, but those really aren't much cheaper - maybe $75 or so. I'll keep looking - would really like it to be $40 or so (and it could be as small as 250GB). Probably best just to delete some old game install data and such and live with the 160GB. I'm letting the ease of the HD upgrade cloud my judgement and I probably should just do the cheapass thing and leave that other system as is ;).

For my main system, though, I ended up getting the WD Scorpio Black 750GB 7200 RPM drive for $101 from Amazon and it works great. I almost went with a 1TB drive but it doesn't seem necessary given that after downloading everything I still have over 400GB free. I didn't download all the minis and PS1 games from PS+ but that would just be a waste of time since I'd never play those anyway. But I did put every single free PSN/PS3 game from PS+ in addition to all the stuff I've bought as well as much of the DLC I have bought. I suppose all that's missing are game installs from games that do that sort of thing.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
[/QUOTE]

First of all, a 750 GB (and apparently 1TB too) work just fine. I just did the 750GB myself. I don't know about backing that whole thing up and then restoring, but I wouldn't want to do that anyway. It took way too long to back up my 120GB HD (like 3 hours)!

I used the backup utility (on my old 120GB HD) and restored that to the 750 GB once I had installed the latest software (via a USB flash drive). It seemed to restore everything just as it was - user accounts, games, saves, etc. I didn't have anything like a TV show downloaded so I don't know how that would work but I would assume it would be just fine. I even had uninstalled items ("bubbles") for some free Vita games and those were still there as bubbles after I did the restore. I just deleted them afterwards, though, because they annoyed me ;) (don't have a Vita yet).

So in the interest of saving yourself a little time, it wouldn't hurt to delete stuff you don't want any more before doing the backup - it will just speed things up for the backup and restore. But otherwise, it sounds like what you have done is good prep so far (copying saves to an external and to the cloud save). I would definitely do the full HD backup, though, if you can since it just puts it back exactly the way it was which is nice. The other work you did is a failsafe for that if something catastrophic happens ;).

I did have one strange thing happen when I tried to play a game for the first time - it made me go to "System Activation" and activate the PS3. I thought that was odd since that one should have been activated already. But I was able to play my games after that so it wasn't a problem. Odd though as I haven't seen that mentioned as a step anywhere else.

[quote name='io']
I did have one strange thing happen when I tried to play a game for the first time - it made me go to "System Activation" and activate the PS3. I thought that was odd since that one should have been activated already. But I was able to play my games after that so it wasn't a problem. Odd though as I haven't seen that mentioned as a step anywhere else.[/QUOTE]
Did you remember to deactivate your system before you removed the old hard drive? Otherwise its going to take up one of your two available activation slots on your account.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why is this the hard drive discussion thread now?[/QUOTE]

Everything about upcoming PSN updates were already posted. What were you expecting?

I hope the Wipeout HD/Fury bundle doesn't go up in price tomorrow...Just picked up 2048 and am not sure I want to double down on more of the same (would rather get varied stuff for my Vita). But I have a feeling I'll want to check it out soon..

[quote name='htz']Did you remember to deactivate your system before you removed the old hard drive? Otherwise its going to take up one of your two available activation slots on your account.[/QUOTE]

No, that was never anything I saw in the tutorials or videos. I thought activation was tied to the system, though? It is the same system as before.

gettinmoney662 - there isn't a thread for it and it comes up often enough when discussing PSN games (whether regular drops, sales, or PS+ freebies) since the stock HD's are never enough for all this content. I for one never knew how easy it was to do or I would have done it long ago. And clearly there are other CAGs who are interested.

[quote name='humidore']I hope the Wipeout HD/Fury bundle doesn't go up in price tomorrow...Just picked up 2048 and am not sure I want to double down on more of the same (would rather get varied stuff for my Vita). But I have a feeling I'll want to check it out soon..[/QUOTE]
If you buy the bundle, you'll get free DLC for 2048, so both games would benefit from it.

[quote name='io']No, that was never anything I saw in the tutorials or videos. I thought activation was tied to the system, though? It is the same system as before.

gettinmoney662 - there isn't a thread for it and it comes up often enough when discussing PSN games (whether regular drops, sales, or PS+ freebies) since the stock HD's are never enough for all this content. I for one never knew how easy it was to do or I would have done it long ago. And clearly there are other CAGs who are interested.[/QUOTE]
It hasn't been bumped up in a while, but there was this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172479

[quote name='eballarini']man, is it hard to read the thread before asking?

p.s:Finally stopped being such a lazy person and registered myself in the CAG. Gotta say, you guys save me lots of time (frisky in special) and its one of the few forums about games that is possible to read at work due to the filters. This thread rules.[/QUOTE]

Welcome!

[quote name='Byakurai']500gb isn't the real limit, but it is the limit if you try to restore file system, or whatever that thing is called in the recovery menu. I used a 640gb in my old console, tried to restore, and it failed on me. Three years of saves lost.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, if I'm reading this right. You weren't able to do the full back-up/recovery to an external hard drive because you had a hard drive that exceeded 500GB in your PS3?

[quote name='io'] First of all, a 750 GB (and apparently 1TB too) work just fine. I just did the 750GB myself. I don't know about backing that whole thing up and then restoring, but I wouldn't want to do that anyway. It took way too long to back up my 120GB HD (like 3 hours)!

I used the backup utility (on my old 120GB HD) and restored that to the 750 GB once I had installed the latest software (via a USB flash drive). It seemed to restore everything just as it was - user accounts, games, saves, etc. I didn't have anything like a TV show downloaded so I don't know how that would work but I would assume it would be just fine. I even had uninstalled items ("bubbles") for some free Vita games and those were still there as bubbles after I did the restore. I just deleted them afterwards, though, because they annoyed me ;) (don't have a Vita yet).

So in the interest of saving yourself a little time, it wouldn't hurt to delete stuff you don't want any more before doing the backup - it will just speed things up for the backup and restore. But otherwise, it sounds like what you have done is good prep so far (copying saves to an external and to the cloud save). I would definitely do the full HD backup, though, if you can since it just puts it back exactly the way it was which is nice. The other work you did is a failsafe for that if something catastrophic happens ;).

I did have one strange thing happen when I tried to play a game for the first time - it made me go to "System Activation" and activate the PS3. I thought that was odd since that one should have been activated already. But I was able to play my games after that so it wasn't a problem. Odd though as I haven't seen that mentioned as a step anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm already anticipating it will take at a few hours to back up my PS3's hard drive to an external hard drive.

I was just curious if my "backed up" free tv shows would restore manually from an external hard drive.

Probably a "failsafe" for me is to copy all of my free from the PSN tv shows to my PSP's memory stick duo(s). At least then, I'll have the standard definition versions still if the shows were lost in the transfer somehow.

OK. I really wish they'd get the store updated today, since this is my last day to take advantage of the PS+ discounts.:razz: I'm really gonna miss getting all these free avatars & themes that're mine forever.;)

Well, i was checking the EU psn and the psn vita sale will continue. So, we can´t expect big sales on ps3 games, i guess.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why is this the hard drive discussion thread now?[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I guess I started it, but I specifically mentioned that I wasn't gonna upgrade my hard drive and it still turned into a hard drive discussion again haha.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/19/two-wipeout-2048-dlc-packs-on-psn-today/

Starting today, two new WipEout 2048 DLC packs will be available for PS Vita on PlayStation Store. The first pack is the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Add-On Pack” for $7.99, which includes the full single-player WipEout HD campaign mode and all of the WipEout HD online multiplayer tracks. With 12 new tracks for your PS Vita (including eight reverse tracks), 12 additional ships, and a Zone Mode Ship, you’ll be put to the test after conquering WipEout 2048. As an added bonus, you’ll have access to an additional 12 crossplay tracks outside of the original four tracks included in WipEout 2048 for simultaneous multiplayer action on your PS3 and PS Vita.

Also launching today is the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Fury Add-On Pack” for $7.99, which includes the full single-player WipEout HD Fury campaign mode with all 12 tracks (including four reverse tracks and four Zone Mode tracks), 24 ships to choose from, and a Zone Mode Ship. The HD Fury Add-On pack also gives you access to another 12 crossplay tracks, granting you a ton of options when racing against your friends online.

If you’d like to own both of these new DLC packs, we’re offering a special bundle package for a value price of $12.99. With the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Fury Bundle,” you’ll receive all 24 beautifully designed WipEout HD tracks, 12 reverse tracks, four Zone Mode tracks, all 24 ships from the Wipeout HD titles, plus a Zone Mode ship and full crossplay access.

To make this deal even sweeter, we’ve got a special promotion that will let you experience WipEout’s exhilarating crossplay action on both PS3 and PS Vita. For those of you who already own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on your PS3, you can automatically download the PS Vita versions for free! And the same works vice-versa as well: Anyone who purchases these new WipEout HD expansion packs from PlayStation Store on their PS Vita can download the packs for free on their PS3.

[quote name='mickleohb']I might just buy Wipeout 2048 now as I got HD/Fury from Sony's "We're Sorry" campaign. If only I bought it when it was $20 from Amazon![/QUOTE]

It's still 19.96 at Walmart.com I price matched at Bestbuy a couple days ago.

Got a query about Lara Croft and the GoL. Didnt know exactly where it should go, but this is a pretty busy board so im putting it here.

I got this for PS+.
For those who also got it free on PS+, do me a favor guys and check this for me on your system...

Go to the game icon on your xmb. Press triangle Scroll down to 'Information'.
Scroll all the way to the the bottom til you see-
Starts-
Expires-
Time Limit Remaining-

Does yours also have blank under Expires and 'No Time Limit' under Time Limit Remaining?

I know that most games under the Plus program give you the option to see when it expires, (not all though), but this one specifically states there is no time limit.

Did Sony accidently make this one permanent?
Seems like it.
Let me know if you are the same.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Got a query about Lara Croft and the GoL. Didnt know exactly where it should go, but this is a pretty busy board so im putting it here.

I got this for PS+.
For those who also got it free on PS+, do me a favor guys and check this for me on your system...

Starts-
Expires-
Time Limit Remaining-

Does yours also have blank under Expires and 'No Time Limit' under Time Limit Remaining?

I know that most games under the Plus program give you the option to see when it expires, (not all though), but this one specifically states there is no time limit.

Seems like it.
Let me know if you are the same.[/QUOTE]
It's not. Read the FAQ to see what's up.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Got a query about Lara Croft and the GoL. Didnt know exactly where it should go, but this is a pretty busy board so im putting it here.

I got this for PS+.

Starts-
Expires-
Time Limit Remaining-

Seems like it.
Let me know if you are the same.[/QUOTE]
They did make an oopsie before with this game, I believe. I think when they were releasing a demo for it it ended up being the full game that unlocked for free. So it IS possible.

[quote name='Namerson']It's still 19.96 at Walmart.com I price matched at Bestbuy a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool. I have never price matched at Bestbuy, would I just print out the page from Walmart.com and Best Buy would give me that price in store? I believe there is a Walmart within a few miles of my BB.

Edit: I saw on BB's website that they don't match website prices, so I guess that I'll either try to find something that says it's $20 in store or I'll just buy it in Walmart.

Yeh I think so CheapestGamer
I get what youre saying frisky, but out of the 65+ free games I have, it's the only one that specifically states 'No Time Limit'
I think they boobed.

Did you go to www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and check if there's an expiration date? That's the only way to check for unlock key games. That one shows up the same for me but when I go to the SEN site, I get this:

picture.php

Choplifter HD, Hard Corps, and Zombie Apocalypse should show up the same way.

[quote name='mickleohb']Oh cool. I have never price matched at Bestbuy, would I just print out the page from Walmart.com and Best Buy would give me that price in store? I believe there is a Walmart within a few miles of my BB.[/QUOTE]

I just showed it on my phone. I did have trouble price matching Hot Shots Golf because Wal-mart's picture for the game is completely different as well as the name and they didn't bother updating it. The Bestbuy employee eventually caved though.

If you were ps+ until the end of time, would ANY free ps+ game EVER be unplayable?

Edit: rephrase

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you go to www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and check if there's an expiration date? That's the only way to check for unlock key games. That one shows up the same for me but when I go to the SEN site, I get this:

picture.php

Choplifter HD, Hard Corps, and Zombie Apocalypse should show up the same way.[/QUOTE]

I'm only seeing transaction history. How do you get to the section which shows the two dates and the picture icon?
Thx
Edit never mind I see it

Wipeout 2048 isn't the one they gave away for free last year right? I have the Vita version in physical form...will I be able to get the PS3 version still, or do I have to buy the digital version to get both? I might trade the physical version to Gamestop/BB and get the digital anyways, but just wanted to know.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Wipeout 2048 isn't the one they gave away for free last year right? I have the Vita version in physical form...will I be able to get the PS3 version still, or do I have to buy the digital version to get both? I might trade the physical version to Gamestop/BB and get the digital anyways, but just wanted to know.[/QUOTE]
Wipeout 2048 is the Vita game. Wipeout HD is the PSN game and Fury is the big expansion DLC that they released for HD, which were both offered last June in the Welcome Back program.

If you have HD/Fury, you get both packs for 2048 for free. You can also buy the two Vita add-ons and get HD/Fury for free on PS3, which are the same price on both platforms ($7.99 each or $12.99 bundle). I don't think it matters which version of 2048 you have since it just needs to see that you have HD/Fury to give you the DLC for free.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Wipeout 2048 isn't the one they gave away for free last year right? I have the Vita version in physical form...will I be able to get the PS3 version still, or do I have to buy the digital version to get both? I might trade the physical version to Gamestop/BB and get the digital anyways, but just wanted to know.[/QUOTE]
To answer the first part, 2048 just came out, with the vita, this year.
My guess for the second part is play the both versions online online and find out later, I assume they know you have it that way

[quote name='6er']If you were ps+ until the end of time, would ANY free ps+ game EVER be unplayable?

Edit: rephrase[/QUOTE]

No, unless they changed their terms of service.

[quote name='tylerh1701']No, unless they changed their terms of service.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought that until I saw that expiration question and read the FAQ. Kind of redundant they put a visible date, seems like it would be simpler to just have a line of code that stops loading if the value is wrong and leave it at that, easy enough to know when your sub ends

new games and demos are up but no addons or plus material yet if any.

i might finally jump on alien breed triolgy for 22.99 or whatever it is, would be nice if they added a plus discount.

I don´t know if someone mentioned this, but just in case:

"There is PSN Maintenance scheduled for Wednesday 20th June 2012 from 16:00 to 20:30 BST

For the duration of the maintenance some users will be unable to log into the PlayStation Network, Account Management and the PS Store. PS Home will also be unavailable."

there is a new space marine: ultimate dlc bundle for 29.99. what a waste. I would have bit for 19.99 since thats the price of both real addons, and all the paper dolls are worthless imo.

Any suggestions on things to buy? got a $50 PSN card for my bday and so far Payday the heist is the only thing i am looking at (i don't want games that are available on disc because i prefer physical over digital)

It can be PSone, PSN, anything that isn't on disc right now (like sly etc.) Looking for some suggestions on RPGS/SRPGS/platforming/COOP etc.

[quote name='styl3s']Any suggestions on things to buy? got a $50 PSN card for my bday and so far Payday the heist is the only thing i am looking at (i don't want games that are available on disc because i prefer physical over digital)

It can be PSone, PSN, anything that isn't on disc right now (like sly etc.) Looking for some suggestions on RPGS/SRPGS/platforming/COOP etc.[/QUOTE]
PS1 RPG's: Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms 1, Wild Arms 2
PS1 platformers: Klonoa, Rayman series, Crash Bandicoot series

You should save $15 for a few more weeks if you like SRPG's, because Rainbow Moon comes out in the middle of July at $14.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back