PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='o0achilles0o']Can you re-read this and correct it? It makes absolutely no sense at all. I'm guessing autocorrect is to blame, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Lmao, Swype did it, and it was late.

A timer expired was what it was supposed to say.

Edit: We we're playing the PS+ version. I meant a timer showed up after our 5-hour session. It was our second time playing it, and we were near the end (I think). I mentioned the trial version because I know if you downloaded a timed trial version, you have to play an hour for it to expire, so that wasn't the reason, because I a) don't download timed trials, and b) had been paying it for much more than an hour.

Edit 2: To make it more clear, in the middle of playing, it said it will expire in 60 min. Then 30, then 15, 5, and it force-quit on us in the middle of a boss fight. We can still start the game afterwards, but the last save was the beginning of the level, which was about 45 minutes before we got kicked out of the game.

Quick question. I have 2 ps3's the ps+ is linked to your account correct? I understand that whatever I download will be loca, but I can download one game to 1 ps3 and another to the other right? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but about to pull trigger on ps+ year sub

[quote name='dakidiznice']Quick question. I have 2 ps3's the ps+ is linked to your account correct? I understand that whatever I download will be loca, but I can download one game to 1 ps3 and another to the other right? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but about to pull trigger on ps+ year sub[/QUOTE]

It works with up to 2 PS3s, so you should be fine.

[quote name='elessar123']Lmao, Swype did it, and it was late.

Edit: We we're playing the PS+ version. I meant a timer showed up after our 5-hour session. It was our second time playing it, and we were near the end (I think). I mentioned the trial version because I know if you downloaded a timed trial version, you have to play an hour for it to expire, so that wasn't the reason, because I a) don't download timed trials, and b) had been paying it for much more than an hour.

Edit 2: To make it more clear, in the middle of playing, it said it will expire in 60 min. Then 30, then 15, 5, and it force-quit on us in the middle of a boss fight. We can still start the game afterwards, but the last save was the beginning of the level, which was about 45 minutes before we got kicked out of the game.[/QUOTE]

I think toners hacked his account and posted this. Or else he has become a part of the vast toner wing conspiracy.

Okay I'm done now. Maybe

[quote name='elessar123']Lmao, Swype did it, and it was late.

Edit 2: To make it more clear, in the middle of playing, it said it will expire in 60 min. Then 30, then 15, 5, and it force-quit on us in the middle of a boss fight. We can still start the game afterwards, but the last save was the beginning of the level, which was about 45 minutes before we got kicked out of the game.[/QUOTE]

I've definitely never heard of that happening.

[quote name='elessar123']It works with up to 2 PS3s, so you should be fine.[/QUOTE]
So then to double verify what the prior user told me in here, I could download the SAME game(such as something with online co-op like Trine 2) on TWO PS3's and then play co-op with a friend who has my account on their system?

I'd definitely like to know if PS+ is like normal gamesharing, in that all you really need to have is the account with the game you wanna share on a second system in order to be able to play it on two systems or if you would absolutely need to be logged into the same account on both systems(which is impossible at the same time) in order to use the game.

I'm about $6 shy of $50 on my PSN account right now and if I can find out that if what I'm asking above is 100% able to be done without a doubt, then I might just go to BB tomorrow and snag a $10 PSN card to get over $50.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So then to double verify what the prior user told me in here, I could download the SAME game(such as something with online co-op like Trine 2) on TWO PS3's and then play co-op with a friend who has my account on their system?

I'd definitely like to know if PS+ is like normal gamesharing, in that all you really need to have is the account with the game you wanna share on a second system in order to be able to play it on two systems or if you would absolutely need to be logged into the same account on both systems(which is impossible at the same time) in order to use the game.

I'm about $6 shy of $50 on my PSN account right now and if I can find out that if what I'm asking above is 100% able to be done without a doubt, then I might just go to BB tomorrow and snag a $10 PSN card to get over $50.[/QUOTE]

Yes PS+ Games are like normal gameshares.

As long as your account is on his system you are fine

Cool. I may have to see if my buddy will split it with me then. He would more than likely be the one downloading the full games to his system though, since he has a better connection than I do.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cool. I may have to see if my buddy will split it with me then. He would more than likely be the one downloading the full games to his system though, since he has a better connection than I do.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to decide how to handle purchases of PS+ stuff on sale beforehand.

[quote name='6er']I was wanting until I saw my unplayed FFIV DS is worth only 4 at BB. Guess I'll stick with it[/QUOTE]
FF4 DS doesn't have The After Years though.

[quote name='6er']I was wanting until I saw my unplayed FFIV DS is worth only 4 at BB. Guess I'll stick with it[/QUOTE]

The DS version isn't very good. If you're really going to play it, go with the PSP version.

And you can get $8.00/$8.40 at BBY for FF4 DS.

[quote name='elessar123']The DS version isn't very good. If you're really going to play it, go with the PSP version.

And you can get $8.00/$8.40 at BBY for FF4 DS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I paid $20. And I think it has its own cut scenes with voiceovera, while the psp one uses the graphics style from PSX/snes version

Edit: also just found out that along with its own 3d graphics, the DS difficulty went through the roof. Doesn't sound so appealing now

Never played it, and so many people rave about it. I didn't care for FF3, I liked it up until the end and, just kept getting slaughtered against final boss. Grind for hours, slaughtered again. I didn't have a problem until then. Seemed like an insane difficulty leap for the last few hours. Gave up watched the end on YouTube and traded it.

[quote name='6er']Yeah but I paid $20. And I think it has its own cut scenes, while the psp one uses the cutscenes from the PSX version? Maybe I'm getting them mixed up?[/QUOTE]
I believe you're wrong. From the wiki:

The compilation was supervised by Takashi Tokita.[6] It includes a new playable chapter which bridges the gap between Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.[7] The compilation features 16:9 high-resolution graphics, the computer generated imagery (CG) movies from the Nintendo DS remake of Final Fantasy IV,[7] a new CG opening for Final Fantasy IV: The After Years,[6] a new soundtrack arrangement,[3] and a gallery mode for viewing CG movies and Yoshitaka Amano's artwork.[6]

I've played about 6-8 hours of the PSP edition and I don't remember any cutscenes that weren't using in-game graphics, so I think it's just the intro from the DS version that it uses with nothing else from either the PS1 or DS.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I believe you're wrong. From the wiki:

I've played about 6-8 hours of the PSP edition and I don't remember any cutscenes that weren't using in-game graphics, so I think it's just the intro from the DS version that it uses with nothing else from either the PS1 or DS.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing it right now and, of the ones I've seen (and I'm about 3/4 through) the CGI cutscenes are literally less than five seconds and of stuff like a ship taking off or the ship crashing. They also look like shit on the Vita screen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I believe you're wrong. From the wiki:

I've played about 6-8 hours of the PSP edition and I don't remember any cutscenes that weren't using in-game graphics, so I think it's just the intro from the DS version that it uses with nothing else from either the PS1 or DS.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think I am, here is a gamespot discussion link I found . The psp game is the gba ports, with the bugs fixed and the extra content. The ds version was a overhaul, its own cutscenes and a revised battle and ( much higher) difficulty set up, according to this
http://www.gamespot.com/final-fantasy-iv/forum/ds-vs-psp-58929276/

Here is what seems to be a detailed comparison of all the versions, a few posts down
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/40435/final-fantasy-iv-ds-and-psp-difficulty-differences

From some other stuff I have read makes the ds version sound like the demons souls of the FF series.

[quote name='6er']No, I don't think I am, here is a discussion link I found. The psp game is the gba ports, with the bugs fixed and the extra content. The ds version was a overhaul, its own cutscenes and a revised battle and ( much higher) difficulty set up, according to this
http://www.gamespot.com/final-fantasy-iv/forum/ds-vs-psp-58929276/[/QUOTE]
Where? I don't see anything there that says it has the same cutscenes as the PS1 version. The only times I see PS1 mentioned there are when they compare the SNES and PS1 versions.

I looked at some cutscenes from the PS1 version and I don't believe that it has any of those in it, as it would be a big step back from the few CG cutscenes that are in it. The only CG scenes that it takes from either the DS or PS1 versions is the intro from the DS version. I don't think anything other scenes are taken from either of those versions, so you'll have to provide proof that it has the PS1 cutscenes.

I definitely don't agree with gettin about it looking like shit on Vita. To me, the game looks fantastic on the Vita's screen, which makes the 2D sprites look great in action.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Where? I don't see anything there that says it has the same cutscenes as the PS1 version. The only times I see PS1 mentioned there are when they compare the SNES and PS1 versions.

I looked at some cutscenes from the PS1 version and I don't believe that it has any of those in it, as it would be a big step back from the few CG cutscenes that are in it. The only CG scenes that it takes from either the DS or PS1 versions is the intro from the DS version. I don't think anything other scenes are taken from either of those versions, so you'll have to provide proof that it has the PS1 cutscenes.

I definitely don't agree with gettin about it looking like shit on Vita. To me, the game looks fantastic on the Vita's screen, which makes the 2D sprites look great in action.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I thought I deleted that psx cutscene comment, I thought you were talking about something else, just corrected it now. Meant that it uses the 16 bit style.

I.also added a link to my last post. The DS uses its own graphics engine, with all the others use ports or upgrades of 16 bit sprites. It's all in personal preferences I guess, difficulty and menial 3d or 16 bit and extra content. The difficulty talk about the ds version has scared me off now. Not a fan of super hard RPGs, I play those more for story than strategy.

The DS version wasnt that hard o_O, it was fun, but the PSP version felt more like the remastered/complete version. The graphics look awesome (Especially on Vita), the remixes and arrangements of the music are epic, and its got the After Story.

The only problem i have with the PSP version is it seems the encounter rate is insanely high. 2-3 steps at some points and bam your in a battle

[quote name='6er']LOL, I thought I deleted that psx cutscene comment, I thought you were talking about something else[/QUOTE]
Your entire post was about the PS1 cutscenes and it's still there after your edit, so you did a poor job of getting rid of it. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Where? I don't see anything there that says it has the same cutscenes as the PS1 version. The only times I see PS1 mentioned there are when they compare the SNES and PS1 versions.

I definitely don't agree with gettin about it looking like shit on Vita. To me, the game looks fantastic on the Vita's screen, which makes the 2D sprites look great in action.[/QUOTE]

Nah, you misunderstood me. The game itself looks awesome. The few CGI cut scenes look terrible and blurry as fuck.

. . [quote name='FriskyTanuki']Your entire post was about the PS1 cutscenes and it's still there after your edit, so you did a poor job of getting rid of it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually it does not say ps1 cutscenes once, and it was last edited after you made this post, so I guess you have poor reading comprehension. :p

[quote name='6er']. .

Actually it does not say ps1 cutscenes once, and it was last edited after you made this post, so I guess you have poor reading comprehension. :p[/QUOTE]
Directly from the original post you made:
while the psp one uses the cutscenes from the PSX version

The edited post did at least still have something about the PS1 version, though it seems like you edited it again, so there's no proof remaining in this latest version. It's still in your original post, so you need to post what you mean and mean what you post.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Directly from the original post you made:

The edited post did at least still have something about the PS1 version, though it seems like you edited it again, so there's no proof remaining in this latest version. It's still in your original post, so you need to post what you mean and mean what you post.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is proof. At the bottom it says edited 2:58, your post was made at 3:03(all central). And the part you quoted was

And part of the editing is do to my phone. I think the touchscreen is going. Combined with Andriod's horrific auto correct, not a good setup.

I'll get the touch feedback, but the letter won't appear. I've also had an issue with this site when editing a post. Instead of the save button, I had a "vote now" button

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/17/the-drop-week-of-june-18th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Vita

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Also on PSN and PS3) – Heroes from the DC Universe join up with the Caped Crusader to root out evil in LEGO Batman 2: Super Heroes. The Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the villains back behind bars.

PlayStation Network

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier – Part of the Group for Specialized Tactics, a Special Mission Unit under the direct command of the Joint Special Operations Command, the elite of the modern US Special Forces is better known by their battlefield legend. They are the untraceable soldiers called the Ghosts. Only the best of the best, soldiers with a unique mix of skills on and off the battlefield, ever get to wear the coveted Ghost insignia. In the near future, four of these elite soldiers serve as the tip of the spear in a hidden war raging across the globe. But even as Ghost Lead, Pepper, 30K, and Kozak accomplish their objectives, they discover the threat they face is greater than they ever imagined — one that could alter the international balance of power forever.

Magic: The Gathering Duels of The Planeswalkers 2013 – The sequel to the card battle franchise, Magic: The Gathering –

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 includes new modes, decks and challenges.

Two Worlds II: Velvet Game of the Year Edition – An unknown and destructive power has invaded the world of Antaloor and threatens to set the seal of triumph to the dark lord himself. But there is more than just evil here, as the player gets some surprising aid from an unexpected allegiance from a bloodthirsty band of orcs! Experience this epic story about the lust for power, doubtable alliances and the mysterious Dragon Queen. The RPG saga and it’s expansion: Play the RPG hit “Two Worlds II” and then hoist the sails to the dangerous archipelago of pirates! In the expansion “Pirates of the Flying Fortress” you will be overwhelmed by the extraordinary experience and adventure as you visit a brand new section of Antaloor. See beautiful new environments and let yourself been drawn into the maelstrom of adventure far away from the mainland.

PS3 Demos

Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

PSone Classic

Tomba! – Jump into a bizarre, action-packed world like no other in TOMBA! In this fast and frantic side-scrolling adventure you play as the pink-haired, high-jumping jungle boy Tomba. In order to retrieve your lucky golden bracelet from the evil clutches of demonic pigs you’ll need to fight hard, duck, climb, explore, and race through a wide variety of unique and challenging quests. Use your mace or your wood and stone boomerangs to do battle with dastardly pigs and creeping spiders. Keep a clear head though, as you’ll need to solve a number of intriguing puzzles. Rescue trapped villagers, uncover lost items hidden in deep forests, or rescue a poor, stranded puppy the long list of fun tasks is awe-inspiring. Make sure to take the time to search out all the hidden secrets in order to collect all the adventure points you can, because you’ll need those points to access bigger and even more fantastic events. From the mind of Ghosts ‘n Goblins creator Tokuro Fujiwara, Tomba is a game for fan of the classic 8- and 16-bit 2D games of yesteryear as well as any adventure and action fans looking for a creative new challenge!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Then here are the real times:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9710592&postcount=3575
Last edited by 6er; Today at 04:03 PM..

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9710682&postcount=3582
Today 04:03 PM FriskyTanuki

This discussion is so dumb, so I'm done with it. I'm moving on.[/QUOTE]
I agree the conversation is useless.
I meant 3:03, my phone put 30. I don't know what is going on, that post said edited 2:58 then, now that you quoted it, it says 3:03. I have no reason to lie about something stupid and so blatant. Maybe it has something to do with the site giving me a "vote now" button during a post edit today.(and I know it was an edit since the old post was in the text box.)

If it was 3:03, you win, but I honestly saw 2:58

So back on point:
And yes, I probably will trade in my DS FFIV noiw, so you have won me on that point.

EDIT: I'll PM Cheapy and tell him there might be some screwy stuff goin on with the site)

Shut the fuck up about the times. Jesus.

Any chance that Two Worlds II will be a PS+ offer? I already have the regular edition and wouldn't mind playing the expansion.

yeah, time stamps, wtf. frisky tanuki is the boss of this thread. his word is law.

ok but yeah two worlds was fun, but dammmmmmmmn, that pirates dlc was like $30 or something insane. i think i got the game itself for like 15, so that is insane. also they added some castle/tower defense thing for like a dollar, but i think thats an iphone game ripoff. i have no idea. i would be down for like the pirates dlc for $4 or something. not even a plat. crazy.

So I'm at that point where both my PS3 and 360 hard drives are full. I don't think I'll be upgrading in the near future.

So my only other option is to start deleting. But I want to keep a record of everything I own, I was thinking about making a spreadsheet with everything from my download history. Anyone else in this position? And any other tips on how I can maintain an accurate record of all my downloadable content?

for ps3 you can go to your sony wallet online and it says everything you bought/downloaded. i did that and just highlight the stuff i need to redl someday i.e. shank2, shift2, hotd4, etc... I think you can even print a list right off the site... it has all dlc demos etc on their also tho i think.

I'm kinda surprised Lego Batman 2 didn't have a demo out before release. Oh well, I'm getting Lego Batman 2 in the mail tomorrow so whatever.

[quote name='TheHelix']I'm kinda surprised Lego Batman 2 didn't have a demo out before release. Oh well, I'm getting Lego Batman 2 in the mail tomorrow so whatever.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall Lego games having demoes before release in recent memory? I bought the last few at launch, so I don't know if I just didn't bother.

[quote name='TheHelix']I'm kinda surprised Lego Batman 2 didn't have a demo out before release. Oh well, I'm getting Lego Batman 2 in the mail tomorrow so whatever.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully it doesn't suck - I'm planning on picking up the Vita version tomorrow (even though it doesn't have open world.) I played the 3DS demo and it seems like it'll be a blast, but fuck that tiny, blurry screen.

man, is it hard to read the thread before asking?

p.s:Finally stopped being such a lazy person and registered myself in the CAG. Gotta say, you guys save me lots of time (frisky in special) and its one of the few forums about games that is possible to read at work due to the filters. This thread rules.

[quote name='elessar123']I don't recall Lego games having demoes before release in recent memory? I bought the last few at launch, so I don't know if I just didn't bother.[/QUOTE]

I remember SW3, POTC, and HP 5-7 had demos before release but again I don't want to derail this thread any further.

And PSN hurry up and release Wizorb dammit!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']You just had to jinx it, didn't you? ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL...yeah, I just heard...9.99! Still worth it, but I may wait. I only got like $7.00 in my account.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I'm at that point where both my PS3 and 360 hard drives are full. I don't think I'll be upgrading in the near future.

So my only other option is to start deleting. But I want to keep a record of everything I own, I was thinking about making a spreadsheet with everything from my download history. Anyone else in this position? And any other tips on how I can maintain an accurate record of all my downloadable content?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it was in this thread or not (I get all the various PSN threads mixed up and forget which I posted in before ;)) but I bought a 750GB HD for my PS3 last week and installed it and it was super easy and well worth it.

I spent all weekend downloading all my 4 years worth of stuff, including every free PS3 game from PS+ since the beginning of the program and many things I have bought (like Borderlands with all the DLC). After it was all said and done I still have over 450GB free. It was well worth the cost not to have to worry about jockeying for space on the HD and deleting/redownloading things. Plus this will probably give me some incentive to try games like Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 2 that otherwise I would have never even bothered downloading because of space issues.

So, yeah, I'd recommend upgrading. And 750GB was probably overkill so you could easily go with a 500GB or even slightly smaller one for $50 or $60.

[quote name='io']I'm not sure if it was in this thread or not (I get all the various PSN threads mixed up and forget which I posted in before ;)) but I bought a 750GB HD for my PS3 last week and installed it and it was super easy and well worth it.

I spent all weekend downloading all my 4 years worth of stuff, including every free PS3 game from PS+ since the beginning of the program and many things I have bought (like Borderlands with all the DLC). After it was all said and done I still have over 450GB free. It was well worth the cost not to have to worry about jockeying for space on the HD and deleting/redownloading things. Plus this will probably give me some incentive to try games like Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 2 that otherwise I would have never even bothered downloading because of space issues.

So, yeah, I'd recommend upgrading. And 750GB was probably overkill so you could easily go with a 500GB or even slightly smaller one for $50 or $60.[/QUOTE]

I did the EXACT same thing. Got a 750GB and downloaded all of my purchases over the weekend. I still need to pop some games in and get the installs from some games, but I have plenty of space for the future and I will be much more inclined to buy some digital games. My 120GB HD has been full for some time and I was sick of constantly deleting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back