PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='breakfuss']Now that I think about it, what may or may not be offered as a "free" game creates too much uncertainty. It'd suck to plant $30 down a game only to have it go free days later. You can't please everyone, but perhaps some clarity would ease the growing trepidation. For instance, if I knew for certain Starhawk wouldn't be offered in the coming weeks as PS+ freebie, I'd buy it now for $30.[/QUOTE]

It's not worth thinking about. I would be shocked if Sony knew thing's more than a month ahead of time, so you're pretty much doomed to this possibility. Atleast with the disc version you can always sell it down the road, so you can always get SOMETHING back.

[quote name='warreni']

ninja'd by kulsechsky[/QUOTE]

That's RACIST! Just cause I'm asian doesn't mean I'm a ninja.

Just kidding, I AM a NINJA!
ninja-emoticon-black.gif
haha.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...out-today-on-psn-grants-beta-access-thursday/
Later this year, there will be an unprecedented level of combat in gaming raging across the entire EVE Universe, from the mighty capsuleers far above in Eve Online, to the relentless onslaught you and your squad will bring to bear against your enemies on countless planets in DUST 514.

The first, harrowing drumbeats of war started not long ago and have been increasing ever since during our beta tests. Until today, this has been of very limited scope while we’ve introduced some of the EVE Universe’s most faithful players to planetary warfare and trickled in some of the earliest of adopters who have picked up their rifles and laid low the opposition.

But that all changes this weekend when we’ll be opening the doors to thousands of new combatants through our beta events. There’s still time to sign up over at our official beta website to participate in this important, and early, testing period for the game.

Signing up for the beta and playing DUST 514 is completely free! But for those who want to try an assortment of the pay-for items, get guaranteed access to beta weekends, and score a discount we’ve created the Mercenary Pack. The Mercenary Pack offers a $50 value for a price of $19.99 and will be available later today on PlayStation Store.

The Mercenary Pack contains an all-access beta pass, which will guarantee entry into every beta event — starting this Thursday, June 28th and then repeating every other weekend. Not only that, but Mercenary Pack owners will get exclusive access to DUST 514 during off weekends in-between beta events as well.

The Mercenary Pack also contains a bundle of goods and items designed to help both rookies and veterans alike, including a customized ‘Dragonfly’ Scout dropsuit that has a unique stealthy look and lowered skill requirements for usage. This dropsuit is a good all-around infantry armor that is versatile in most combat situations and is only available with the Mercenary Pack.

Another useful item included the package is the 30-day Active Skill Booster, also only available in the Mercenary Pack, which will grant the user a 50% boost in skill points earned during in-game matches so you can quickly progress your character to be on par with veteran players.

But what good is a mercenary soldier without weapons to ply his chosen trade? To remedy that, we have also included a spread of armaments to add teeth to any mercenary about to start his career on the battlefields of New Eden.

For starters, there’s the ‘Toxin’ ICD-9 Submachine Gun, which is a multipurpose weapon good for close and medium range fire fights. And for those who like to fight up close, you’ll find the HK4M Shotgun, designed to sweep a room clear of enemy combatants. For those times when you absolutely, positively must blow a group of enemies to bits, there’s the Fused Locus Grenade. Finally, the 1.5dn Myofibril Stimulant module gives damage bonuses for knife attacks.

It is said that endless money funds the sinews of war, and throughout history this has remained so. In DUST 514 there are two types of currencies: ISK (which is earned in-game) and Aurum (which is purchased). To help fund your plans for planetary conquest, the Mercenary Pack also comes with 4,000 Aurum so that you can finance your military campaigns and furnish your band of warriors with modern war gear.

Good luck to all our future Mercenaries! May your victories be sweet, and the spoils of war be bountiful.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/26/resident-evil-chronicles-hd-collection-infects-psn-today/
Prepare for some quality zombie slaying while re-living Resident Evil history in high definition! The Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection features Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles in high definition and comes with PlayStation Move support to help immerse you in the horror. You can grab a friend to play or spend your time racking up Trophies.

The collection will initially be available to download as a discounted two-game bundle, but at a later date, each of the titles will be available for purchase separately. PlayStation Plus members will enjoy 10% off retail price of $26.99, bringing it down to just $24.29 for these two Resident Evil classics.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thank God! Now everyone on the internet can shut the fuck up about it.[/QUOTE]

They're just gonna start whining about Episode 3 now.

[quote name='breakfuss']Now that I think about it, what may or may not be offered as a "free" game creates too much uncertainty. It'd suck to plant $30 down a game only to have it go free days later. You can't please everyone, but perhaps some clarity would ease the growing trepidation. For instance, if I knew for certain Starhawk wouldn't be offered in the coming weeks as PS+ freebie, I'd buy it now for $30.[/QUOTE]
I just keep all my games sealed on the shelf. That way if it happens, I can return the game.

[quote name='spatenfloot']I just keep all my games sealed on the shelf. That way if it happens, I can return the game.[/QUOTE]

So how do you play them if they're sealed? And I think he was referring to buying digital games on PSN, like when I bought Just Cause 2 for $14.99 and then it became free for PS+ members several days later.

[quote name='Bosamba']So how do you play them if they're sealed? And I think he was referring to buying digital games on PSN, like when I bought Just Cause 2 for $14.99 and then it became free for PS+ members several days later.[/QUOTE]
I don't PLAY them! What if I don't like them? Then it would have been a waste of money.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Wait.......so all of this is just for the Dust 514 BETA? Does any of this carry over to the actual game? Or do you at least get something later in-game for previously buying the Mercenary Pack during the beta? Otherwise it just sounds ridiculous to me. I don't think I've ever heard of a beta doing something like this.[/QUOTE]
This is basically getting early access to the game, which is will be in open beta and available up to release. I'd imagine that the only thing you'd lose from the beta to full game are stats if it works like the other free-to-play games that have had betas where you can pay money for stuff. You can apply on their site for an invite to the beta for free, so you don't need to pay if you're patient enough to wait.

Valve is doing the same thing for DOTA 2 and you can also sign-up for free access to the beta at some point.

A Friday update just for the Walking Dead? Is that common practice?

Also the PS+ discount for RE Chronicles seems kind of weak. Gonna have to wait for a better sale since it has the gimped trophies. LOL @ "spend your time racking up trophies" in the press release - yep I'll rack up all 24 of them.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This is basically getting early access to the game, which is will be in open beta and available up to release. I'd imagine that the only thing you'd lose from the beta to full game are stats if it works like the other free-to-play games that have had betas where you can pay money for stuff. You can apply on their site for an invite to the beta for free, so you don't need to pay if you're patient enough to wait.

Valve is doing the same thing for DOTA 2 and you can also sign-up for free access to the beta at some point.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the beta invite link.

is the walking dead ep 2 dropping today? they posted on Facebook that ep 2 will be available this week.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...=3#!/TheWalkingDeadGame/posts/340369576038813

EDIT- never mind, guess it helps to read the article. Friday for PS3 & PC, tomorrow for XBLA

[quote name='spatenfloot']I don't PLAY them! What if I don't like them? Then it would have been a waste of money.[/QUOTE]

Haha, what? I hope that's a joke.

[quote name='waldo21212']A Friday update just for the Walking Dead? Is that common practice?

Also the PS+ discount for RE Chronicles seems kind of weak. Gonna have to wait for a better sale since it has the gimped trophies. LOL @ "spend your time racking up trophies" in the press release - yep I'll rack up all 24 of them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after finding out about the trophies, it would have taken a 50% off discount for me to pick these up today. Like you, I won't be buying until we get a better sale because of the trophies. There's honestly no reason these games shouldn't have a full set of trophies and a platinum.

Sweet, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 for $5 bucks, finally gonna pick that up. Also tempted to get the Monster Hunter game even though I didn't really like the demo when I played it back on the PSP.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sweet, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 for $5 bucks, finally gonna pick that up. Also tempted to get the Monster Hunter game even though I didn't really like the demo when I played it back on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

*Insert generic always-on DRM for BCR:2 comment here*

I'm always online on my PS3 (as long as PSN is running) so it was no big deal to me. I enjoyed the game more than most, though it was about 6 levels too long and wasn't nearly as fun as the first.

[quote name='tylerh1701']*Insert generic always-on DRM for BCR:2 comment here*

I'm always online on my PS3 (as long as PSN is running) so it was no big deal to me. I enjoyed the game more than most, though it was about 6 levels too long and wasn't nearly as fun as the first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here, and if for some reason my Internet isn't working, I'll play something else. Big deal.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This is basically getting early access to the game, which is will be in open beta and available up to release. I'd imagine that the only thing you'd lose from the beta to full game are stats if it works like the other free-to-play games that have had betas where you can pay money for stuff. You can apply on their site for an invite to the beta for free, so you don't need to pay if you're patient enough to wait.

Valve is doing the same thing for DOTA 2 and you can also sign-up for free access to the beta at some point.[/QUOTE]Gotcha. I've already signed up for the beta though. I definitely want to try the beta out first though before dropping any sort of money.

Hmmm. I want Journey, but not the entire disc release that's coming out. Now I have to decide if I want it now or at a steeper discount. Are there still a lot of people playing now that I'll run into?

[quote name='louiedog']Hmmm. I want Journey, but not the entire disc release that's coming out. Now I have to decide if I want it now or at a steeper discount. Are there still a lot of people playing now that I'll run into?[/QUOTE]
I don't think you'll have any problems finding others.

Any word on whether Unchained Blades is Vita compatible? I know the Japanese one is, but the English version doesnt show up on the Vita store. (And i'm not really in the mood to front 30$ and find out i cant even play it)

Even the dang developers dont know....about 10 "We dont know if its compatible" messages from them on the PSBlog

[quote name='dgwillia006']Any word on whether Unchained Blades is Vita compatible? I know the Japanese one is, but the English version doesnt show up on the Vita store. (And i'm not really in the mood to front 30$ and find out i cant even play it)

Even the dang developers dont know....about 10 "We dont know if its compatible" messages from them on the PSBlog[/QUOTE]

I took those comments as a not yet and that they have no control over the process.

Pinball Arcade DLC packs are here, now if they will only fix the input lag on the PS3 version and the graphical downgrade on the Vita version we will be all set. So much for Retro City Rampage hitting a June release.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I took those comments as a not yet and that they have no control over the process.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, reminds me of the same bs that constantly happened with the PSP Go.

Whatever i guess, 30$ i can put toward another game.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Flock - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Worms 2: Armageddon - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection - $26.99
Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack - $39.99

PSP
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - $4.99 - Temporary Sale - Vita Compatible
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $4.99 - Temporary Sale - Vita Compatible
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $9.99 - Temporary Sale - Vita Compatible

Minis
Enigmo - $1.99 - Temporary Sale - Vita Compatible
Rocks N' Rockets - $1.49 - Temporary Sale - Vita Compatible

Add-ons
Gran Turismo 5 - Scion FR-S '12 - Free
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Summer Seasonal Creator Kit - Free
Mass Effect 3 - Extended Cut - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Unlock Character Galleries - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Novice Hunter's Survival Pack - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Add-on Dungeon 1 Lucrellia - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Bonus Point Pack 1 - Free

PlayStation Plus

Deals
FIFA Soccer 12 - $41.99
Madden NFL 12 - $41.99
Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection - $24.29
Skullgirls - $11.24
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $22.49
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $23.99

Full Game Trials
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)

[quote name='Namerson']Anyone play that monster hunter game? Its pretty popular and can't you map the 2nd stick on the vita?[/QUOTE]

Yes to both. Great game, just sucks the U.S gets skipped for the majority of the releases

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sweet, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 for $5 bucks, finally gonna pick that up. Also tempted to get the Monster Hunter game even though I didn't really like the demo when I played it back on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']*Insert generic always-on DRM for BCR:2 comment here*

I'm always online on my PS3 (as long as PSN is running) so it was no big deal to me. I enjoyed the game more than most, though it was about 6 levels too long and wasn't nearly as fun as the first.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, same here, and if for some reason my Internet isn't working, I'll play something else. Big deal.[/QUOTE]
WAIT! Dont you guys want so show the big bad game companies that they shouldnt make you be online to play their product!>? Arent you woried you will become a slave to the DRM!?!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

[/QUOTE]

Wow, those are some horrible deals on Uncharted 1 and 2. I got both over the last year or so on sale for $10 each. I wonder why Sony charges these ridiculous prices for PSN games.

[quote name='warreni']Wow, those are some horrible deals on Uncharted 1 and 2. I got both over the last year or so on sale for $10 each. I wonder why Sony charges these ridiculous prices for PSN games.[/QUOTE]
It's MSRP.

[quote name='wrencrest']WAIT! Dont you guys want so show the big bad game companies that they shouldnt make you be online to play their product!>? Arent you woried you will become a slave to the DRM!?![/QUOTE]
The always on DRM sucks but for a console that's not leaving your house it should be fine... However, for a pc that you take places (lan parties or laptop) it sucks to require an online connection.

[quote name='Namerson']Anyone play that monster hunter game? Its pretty popular and can't you map the 2nd stick on the vita?[/QUOTE]

I played 100+ hours on that game on my PSP. When I got the Vita, I transferred to it and I was able to use the 2nd analog stick to move the camera. Just needed to change the Vita 2nd analog config to the directional buttons.

Most people that doesn't like Monster Hunter is either because its too difficult, its a farming type of game (killing the same monster over and over trying to get gear), or its not their type of game. I wish they would release Portable 3 in the US. The new move sets and the slash axe is fun to play with on the Wii version.

[quote name='ZeTeny']$40 actually.[/QUOTE]
must have been a sale price I saw then... Even still, if you plan on getting both that's a better price than these "sale" prices.

Expiring next week for PS+:

Deals
FIFA Soccer 12 - $41.99
Madden NFL 12 - $41.99
Skullgirls - $11.24

Games
Hard Corps: Uprising
Kaleidoscope - PSP/PS3/Vita
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone

Looks like PS+ will be lackluster with just four new games, which is half of what we've averaged in the past ten months.

Why the hell would they charge that much for UC1 & UC2? Is that a mistake? I'm tempted to bite on Journey...already have enough in credit in my wallet...but with the announcement of the physical disc release, I'm not sure! Gahhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back