PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magicman103']Looks like Retro City Rampage slipped into July :(. It was supposed to come out in May.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really hoping to hear more info about it soon. Ditto on the :(

It never had a date. From what I've read, it's Microsoft that is holding things up with their policy of requiring MP XBLA games to release on the same week as the other console versions. Vita/PS3 is done, but Microsoft won't let them be released until the XBLA version is done.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It never had a date. From what I've read, it's Microsoft that is holding things up with their policy of requiring MP XBLA games to release on the same week as the other console versions. Vita/PS3 is done, but Microsoft won't let them be released until the XBLA version is done.[/QUOTE]

I'm not one to believe message board posters, however this is definitely within the realm of possibility. MS's digital content policies make me cringe...

yeah they want everything to be fair to them, while trying to get special treatment at the same time. 30 day sooner map packs on cod, nemesis mode on raccoon city, but if sony got those bonuses microsoft would have a fit and try to throw their weight around.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It never had a date. From what I've read, it's Microsoft that is holding things up with their policy of requiring MP XBLA games to release on the same week as the other console versions. Vita/PS3 is done, but Microsoft won't let them be released until the XBLA version is done.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
The Amazing Spider-Man
Order Up!
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $29.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $29.99
Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99

PS1 Classics
The Little Mermaid 2

Minis
Beatshapers Indie Game Bundle
Farm Frenzy: Pizza Party

Demos
Lego Batman 2

Add-ons
Birds of Steel
Dragon's Dogma
Elevator Action
The Pinball Arcade
Record of Agarest 2
Ridge Racer Unbounded

Virtua Fighter 5
Warriors Orochi 3

PSP Games
Unchained Blades - $29.99

Vita Add-ons
The Pinball Arcade[/QUOTE]

The Resident Evil Chronicles games were supposed to come out next week according to Capcom; I wonder what's up with that?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
The Amazing Spider-Man
Order Up!
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $29.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $29.99
Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99

PS1 Classics
The Little Mermaid 2

Minis
Beatshapers Indie Game Bundle
Farm Frenzy: Pizza Party

Demos
Lego Batman 2

Add-ons
Birds of Steel
Dragon's Dogma
Elevator Action
The Pinball Arcade
Record of Agarest 2
Ridge Racer Unbounded

Virtua Fighter 5
Warriors Orochi 3

PSP Games
Unchained Blades - $29.99

Vita Add-ons
The Pinball Arcade[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the Jet Grind Radio HD version was to be released on 6/26...

Yeah, these are both out next Tuesday as well:

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad ($9.99)
Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection ($26.99)

PS1 Classics
The Little Mermaid 2

[/QUOTE]

They've officially run out of PS1 games to release.

^^ I remember playing little mermaid with my younger sisters (yes, I am a guy). Was a good game back then... Little mermaid has been one of my favorite disney movies from when I was a child, I have always loved the steel drum infused caribbean music. Life is much bettah, down where its wettah, unda da sea!! :)

[quote name='exceed19']^^ I remember playing little mermaid with my younger sisters (yes, I am a guy). Was a good game back then... Little mermaid has been one of my favorite disney movies from when I was a child, I have always loved the steel drum infused caribbean music. Life is much bettah, down where its wettah, unda da sea!! :)[/QUOTE]

Except this is the Little Mermaid 2. So... yea... it probably sucks.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Except this is the Little Mermaid 2. So... yea... it probably sucks.[/QUOTE]

Looks like an uninformed opinion to me.. IGN gave it a solid 7, which is decent, especially for a licensed title thats like 18 years old.. where are you getting that it sucks from? Did you ever play the game?

http://psx.ign.com/articles/165/165900p1.html

If not, you shouldnt be stating opinions on something without any first hand experience on it. I played the game back in the day, and it WAS fun. I also enjoyed Alladin, Duck tales, The lion king, and Chip N Dale rescue rangers. Try not to be a hater, just to be a hater - and maybe you can come up with your own input on things. FYI - the game is based on a lot of the FIRST film, and not the direct to video second film. Thanks for playing, try again.

[quote name='exceed19']^^ I remember playing little mermaid with my younger sisters (yes, I am a guy). Was a good game back then... Little mermaid has been one of my favorite disney movies from when I was a child, I have always loved the steel drum infused caribbean music. Life is much bettah, down where its wettah, unda da sea!! :)[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm moving this game to the top of my start-to-finish list!:D

^^ You should def give Alladin a try too. Seriously, that was a gem back on Genesis/SNES. Some people have no appreciation for gaming if its not a call of duty/modern warfare first person shooter.. It honestly sounds like you will enjoy the game ChunLi! :)

[quote name='exceed19']Looks like an uninformed opinion to me.. IGN gave it a solid 7, which is decent, especially for a licensed title thats like 18 years old.. where are you getting that it sucks from? Did you ever play the game?

http://psx.ign.com/articles/165/165900p1.html

If not, you shouldnt be stating opinions on something without any first hand experience on it. I played the game back in the day, and it WAS fun. I also enjoyed Alladin, Duck tales, The lion king, and Chip N Dale rescue rangers. Try not to be a hater, just to be a hater - and maybe you can come up with your own input on things. FYI - the game is based on a lot of the FIRST film, and not the direct to video second film. Thanks for playing, try again.[/QUOTE]

No worries man, you just made it sound in your post like you had played the first game and I assumed that the sequel would be based on the direct-to-video movie and would therefore blow. I also really enjoyed all the licensed Disney stuff on the SNES, so yea - not tryin' to hate.

[quote name='exceed19']No, I doubt it Mrs. Barbie :)[/QUOTE]

Lol. Dang. Guess I can dust off 1 of my old systems....1 day! Lol. Thanks!

Any of you that have Cox cable, log into your account and check the data useage meter in internet tools section. Mine has been.down all month, and I called to see what it was. The guy told me they can't even see what the useage is on their end. So if you were holding off on all the PS+ stuff, you have a chance/excuse to do it now if its the case for you.

Trying to decide if I want to buy FFIV CC now or wait to see if there is a sale soon. I know there was just a drop, but the was PS+ is going....maybe a discount by the time I'm through my backlog?

[quote name='6er']Any of you that have Cox cable, log into your account and check the data useage meter in internet tools section. Mine has been.down all month, and I called to see what it was. The guy told me they can't even see what the useage is on their end. So if you were holding off on all the PS+ stuff, you have a chance/excuse to do it now if its the case for you.

Trying to decide if I want to buy FFIV CC now or wait to see if there is a sale soon. I know there was just a drop, but the was PS+ is going....maybe a discount by the time I'm through my backlog?[/QUOTE]

It was on sale a couple of months ago for $14.99, which is when I bought it. It might go on sale again but it might be awhile til that happens.

I'm rather amazed that Spider-Man is going to be released digitally the same day as retail

I wonder if that means we might get the previous games on PSN soon too? (Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time)

was pixeljunk monsters: encore addon ever on sale? its $6 and I got the game in the 3 pack for $2, but my wife loves this shit. its tough to be a cheapass right now.

just grabbed mw3 dlc pack 2. i wonder why they post those on days that aren't normally updated. idk. also want to grab the marvel pinball tables. re chronicles should be awesome also. thanx frisky tanuki always

Any thoughts on whether the games depicted on the E3 freebie handouts are actually going to hit PSN+ or if they were just filler?

Choplifter, Sideways NY, and Hard Corps are featured pretty prominently and aren't the sort of stuff that would be pulled out of this air to fill space. Far Cry 2, Simpsons, and a bunch of the others have already been free. Space Marine and VF5 are also on, although I don't see C&C A4O.

Uncharted 3, Killzone 3 seem like fair game after relatively new/big titles like LBP2 and Infamous 2. Borderlands and AC: Rev are plausible since they're $20 games now, but Starhawk and Ghost Recon seem too new to go free. And I seriously doubt Activision would sign off on a Black Ops giveaway.

[quote name='tylerh1701']How did the term "PSN+" get started?[/QUOTE]

It always annoys me when people say it that way. Just a little pet peeve of mine.

[quote name='Tsel']It always annoys me when people say it that way. Just a little pet peeve of mine.[/QUOTE]

Sony's official blogs use it from time to time. Blame them for having weak branding skills.

[quote name='@FIF']Sony's official blogs use it from time to time. Blame them for having weak branding skills.[/QUOTE]

Will do.

[quote name='Tsel']It always annoys me when people say it that way. Just a little pet peeve of mine.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='Bawse']Resident Evil Chronicles HD still coming tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully.

[quote name='AoA']How should we say it?[/QUOTE]

PS+, because it's always referred to as PlayStation Plus and never PlayStation Network Plus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Intelligent Qube on the Playstation Store at one point as a PS1 classic for $6? I ask because I figured I'd grab it to play on my Go and my PS3, but lo and behold it's not on there.:bomb:

Oh well.

Maybe I'll still grab the $6 Silent Hill to play on both cuz I can definitely justify the cost of $3 for each system to play it.
[quote name='Tsel']PS+, because it's always referred to as PlayStation Plus and never PlayStation Network Plus.[/QUOTE]
I know how I refer to it.
Expensive.:razz:

[quote name='Bawse']Resident Evil Chronicles HD still coming tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Nuts, totally forgot about that. Still on the lookout for a cheap move bundle - seems like the common sale price new is now about $50. Does that sound about right?

[quote name='handsomepete']Nuts, totally forgot about that. Still on the lookout for a cheap move bundle - seems like the common sale price new is now about $50. Does that sound about right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah that sounds about right actually.

I was just thinking about selling mine, but if they come Tuesday then I'll hold off. Was thinking about picking The Show 12 up anyways.

well I just got a boatload of langers codes so I think I will bite on limbo, and maybe sonic CD. I wish warriors of orochi wasnt 59.99.

also I belive the MW3 addons come out on different days because microsoft has 30 day early rights and we get it as soon as we can afterward, so when microsoft gets it on a tuesday we get it on an off day 30 days later.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Intelligent Qube on the Playstation Store at one point as a PS1 classic for $6? I ask because I figured I'd grab it to play on my Go and my PS3, but lo and behold it's not on there.[/QUOTE]

Much as I despise to say this, it has never been on PSN.

Correction: it has never been on the U.S. store. It's readily available in the Europe and Japan PSN. WHAT THE FUCK SONY

thanks the enemy. i always miss the midnight releases of the dlc and don't even notice til few days later when all my buds are playing maps i dont have. this one came out on the 20th and i didnt get til 23rd, lol. oh wellz. n yeah langers wootwoot. i got $40psn so i consider it a freebie for 2 mw3 dlc packs and the new marvel tables. woot

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/24/the-drop-week-of-june-25th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune – A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the story of Nathan Drake, a fortune-hunter with a shady reputation and an even shadier past who is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers. The tenth game by premier PlayStation 3 developer Naughty Dog, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves allows players to take control of Drake and embark on a journey that will push him to his physical, emotional and intellectual limits to discover the real truth behind the lost fleet of Marco Polo and the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala.

Order Up! – Welcome to Kung Fusion! Whip up your favorite pseudo-arguably-Asian-inspired dishes and meet the new waiter Harry in Order Up!!, the exciting follow-up to the hit game that lets you run your own restaurant. The Playstation 3 version is built to give PlayStation Move owners added access to this crazy game (standard controllers are of course also supported, and the orders come in just as fast either way!) The game also features split-screen cooperative and turn-based competitive multi-player, as well as new gameplay features, new high-res visuals and lighting, a new restaurant (complete with new food and a ninja waiter!), and much more for players to discover.

Resident Evil Chronicles: The HD Collection – Capcom brings both Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles to PlayStation 3 in one terrifying combination for Resident Evil fans.

Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. This action/shooter hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from past Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen locations, such as Umbrella’s stronghold.

The Amazing Spiderman – The web-crawler returns in this Spider-Man adventure based on the Amazing Spider-Man motion picture. Created as an epilogue story occurring entirely after the events of the movie, the game features the return of free-roaming web-slinging all over the city and evolutionary improvements to navigation and combat, as the newly anointed Spider-Man is plunged into an all-new storyline charged with protecting Manhattan from a variety of criminals.

Jeremy McGrath's Offroad – Players race four-wheeled, 800-horsepower offroad race trucks with tons of options, as well as a wide load-out of vehicle classes including Rally Cars, Pro Buggies and Pro Lite Trucks. Eight-player multiplayer boasts dynamic interactions between all competing vehicles so players can see and feel the impact of mid-race collisions. Career mode follows Jeremy’s bid for the Pro2 championship within the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. All this arcade racing action takes place inside a persistent game world that presents challenge after challenge at 60 frames per second in crispy 1080p.

PS3 Demos

LEGO: Batman 2 DC Super Heroes

minis

Farm Frenzy Pizza Party

PSP Games

Unchained Blades

PSone Classic

Disney’s The Little Mermaid II – Everyone’s favorite mermaid is back on the PlayStation in Disney’s The Little Mermaid II. Featuring elements of both Little Mermaid movies, this game finds Ariel and her human friend Melody on a mission to rescue Prince Eric and foil Ursula and Morgana’s nefarious plot. Along the way, you’ll have to find your way to Atlantica saving it from Ursula, conduct Sebastian’s Orchestra, and escape from the castle. Recapturing the Trident from Morgana and searching for clues to your identity are also on the agenda. Everything unfolds with the help of over 30 minutes of footage from the movie. If you’re a fan of The Little Mermaid or if you’re just a casual Disney observer, you’ll flap your fin with joy for Disney’s The Little Mermaid II.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Intelligent Qube on the Playstation Store at one point as a PS1 classic for $6? I ask because I figured I'd grab it to play on my Go and my PS3, but lo and behold it's not on there.:bomb:

Oh well.

Maybe I'll still grab the $6 Silent Hill to play on both cuz I can definitely justify the cost of $3 for each system to play it.

I know how I refer to it.
Expensive.:razz:
[/QUOTE]

I downloaded Silent Hill on my PS3 & PSP, when it was free for PS+. The controls were HORRENDOUS!!!!!:whistle2:# Shame. Because it seems like it could have been something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back