PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imacjenn']If I bought PS+ now, but didn't download the game for June right away (Just Cause 2, LBP 2, etc), would they still be available free for me later on - like in July or August? - or even the whole year, as long as my PS+ membership lasted? Or do you have to download the free games the month they are offered and then that's it, no more chances?

The current deals really tempt me, but my PS3 HD is low on space and it might take me some time to clear things off - or install a new HD.[/QUOTE]

Sony isn't coming very forward with information. But according to Morgan Haro (the link posted above for the PS Blog he commented in it) they will rotate out 2-3 games a month of the 12 games. So in theory the games change out 3 times a year.

Once you "buy"/download a game it goes in your download list and you can download it again. The trick is to play anything you got from plus as "FREE" you need to have an active subscription to play it.

Ok, generic question - is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 worth the $5. I still haven't played BCR which I got last week for the $5; but assuming that it's a good game, would BCR2 also be worth it?

[quote name='technolover']From a guy who still has the megaman x snes game and beats it a couple of times a year (i can do it in a couple of hours easy, if even that) the psp remake is decent, a little to easy but still fun and the vile mode is not that bad either...RECOMMENDABLE!!![/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah MMX is pretty short and easy but I know what you mean; for some reason it's just one of those games that is really fun to play no matter how many times you've beaten it. I still have my SNES copy, though my SNES isn't currently hooked up and I have it on the MMX collection for PS2 and while I haven't played it in awhile, when I was younger, I could just pick it up and play it about any old time and just have a great time with it. :D

[quote name='JanusDS']Ok, generic question - is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 worth the $5. I still haven't played BCR which I got last week for the $5; but assuming that it's a good game, would BCR2 also be worth it?[/QUOTE]

BCR2 isn't nearly as good as BCR1. That being said, I paid $10 for BCR2 and didn't regret it at all. It's still pretty fun.

Haha, thanks guys; ok, yeah I'll probably just drop the money on it since I had been contemplating getting both of them if the price ever dropped or they were on sale and based on the videos I've seen I expect I'll get some fun out of it even if it's not as good as the first one. :)

I couldnt get into Bionic Commando Rearmed at all. Which is ironic since I really enjoyed the current gen Bionic Commando game that isnt nearly as good so say most reviewers. That was a lot of fun.

[quote name='wrencrest']I couldnt get into Bionic Commando Rearmed at all. Which is ironic since I really enjoyed the current gen Bionic Commando game that isnt nearly as good so say most reviewers. That was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the current BC, I'll get around to it eventually. BCR definitely has some old school controls, so it's understandable that a lot of people wouldn't really get into it. The first time I tried it I really didn't like it, then went back about 3 months later and found I really enjoyed it.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 does some cool stuff to differentiate from the style of gameplay in the original Rearmed, though the difficulty curve for me goes crazy about 2/3rds into the game.

[quote name='Decker']Is there any reason on God's Green Earth why we have to puchase and download each of those 15 avatars individually? They sell avatar bundles together, but if we want to get all the free ones together, (and of course we do), we have to spend 5-10 minutes selecting, purchasing and downloading each one indivually. Why exactly?[/QUOTE]

I take it you haven't figured out you can add them all to your cart, checkout, and hit the Download All button and let them download and install that way.

[quote name='mitch079']I take it you haven't figured out you can add them all to your cart, checkout, and hit the Download All button and let them download and install that way.[/QUOTE]
Avatars don't work like that and I'm not even sure the avatar bundles work like that either. It seems like the system requires downloading them individually.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya. Also, no trophies, if that sort of thing bugs you.[/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks for the info. Too bad about the trophies but I might still pick it up.

edit: purchased. 8)

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are the new releases for next week:

Summer Sale - 30% Off for PSN, 50% Off for PS+
Closure - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Crysis - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
The House of the Dead 3 - $4.89 PSN - $3.42 PS+
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Jurassic Park - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Real Steel - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Renegade Ops - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Shadow of the Colossus HD - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+

Rest of the Deals
Catherine - $20
Droplitz - $5
Magic Orbz
Rock of Ages - $5
Trine 2 - $7.49

Games
The Adventures of Tintin
Dungeon Twister - $9.99
Spec Ops: The Line
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13

PS2 Classics
Bloodrayne 2

Demos
Summer Stars 2012

Add-ons
Dragon's Dogma
Max Payne 3
Record of Agarest War 2
Saints Row The Third

Vita Add-ons
Hustle Kings

More news on the deals tomorrow.

Wow, Catherine for $20 is actually pretty good considering it still sells for $59.99 at Best Buy and Gamefly was selling the disc version used for $14.99. Of course you can't trade it in, lend it to a friend, etc. but take comfort in the fact that the developers see some of that money.

Also, I think I already bought Festival of Blood at full price. That's what I get for being impatient :booty:. Edit: Couldn't find it on my download list, looks like I'll be picking it up. Also, I'm tempted by Crysis but The Digital Foundry in my sig says that the XBL version is the one to get.

Frisky, I know you're still updating and I haven't listened to the blogcast yet, but is "ferrari racing" the digital version of Test Drive Ferrari Legends (out July 3) or some other Ferrari game? I guess if they just said Ferrari racing though obviously you wouldn't know heh...

Of the sale, I'll probably consider KZ3MP, NBAJam, Closure, SotC and Jurassic Park.

[quote name='Trace17']Frisky, I know you're still updating and I haven't listened to the blogcast yet, but is "ferrari racing" the digital version of Test Drive Ferrari Legends (out July 3) or some other Ferrari game? I guess if they just said Ferrari racing though obviously you wouldn't know heh...

Of the sale, I'll probably consider KZ3MP, NBAJam, Closure, SotC and Jurassic Park.[/QUOTE]
They called it Ferrari Racing Legends, which a google search says it's actually Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends. It's from the Shift guys, which makes me a lot more interested than I was before.

Where are the VITA sales that people are waiting for?

[quote name='ochentay4']Where are the VITA sales that people are waiting for?
Where are the VITA sales that people are waiting for?[/QUOTE]

Sony has no recollection of this "Vita" you speak of. What you saw was not a Vita but just a small weather balloon.

I will be getting Catherine been waiting for it to hit $20 for awhile, considering Crysis but I already own it on steam, how is it on PS3 any known issues with it and does it have trophy support. Also, does Infamous Festival of Blood require inFamous 1, 2 or is it a standalone game?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I will be getting Catherine been waiting for it to hit $20 for awhile, considering Crysis but I already own it on steam, how is it on PS3 any known issues with it and does it have trophy support. Also, does Infamous Festival of Blood require inFamous 1, 2 or is it a standalone game?[/QUOTE]

Crysis was fun and it has a full platinum trophy list. I don't know about any issues for sure though, I don't recall any when I was getting my platinum.

I might pick up Closure and Renegade Ops though. I'll consider Jurassic Park but I don't really like those point and click type games, don't know why I keep buying them.

[quote name='ochentay4']Where are the VITA sales that people are waiting for?
Where are the VITA sales that people are waiting for?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop actually has some deals next week, daily deals including MK and MLB 12 for $19.99.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Does it say how long the summer sale lasts? Or is it just indefinite. Hope i get back in town before it ends[/QUOTE]
Probably a week, but we'll have full details tomorrow.

[quote name='LazyTriangle'] Also, does Infamous Festival of Blood require inFamous 1, 2 or is it a standalone game?[/QUOTE]

It's completely stand-alone, no requirements for owning either of the previous games.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']and once again sony not even one fucking vita game on sale, BRAVO SONY! FOKING BRAVO![/QUOTE]

Yeah this pisses me off as well. It's a damn good portable with a ton of potential.

[quote name='gravel']Gamestop actually has some deals next week, daily deals including MK and MLB 12 for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

GET OUT. MK for $20 is a no brainier. More so with all the credit I have there.

We got a ad or papers about this?

[quote name='Xerxes']GET OUT. MK for $20 is a no brainier. More so with all the credit I have there.

We got a ad or papers about this?[/QUOTE]

I own both. Both are a no brainer at 20 bux. Especially MLB. I love MK as well.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'll consider Jurassic Park but I don't really like those point and click type games, don't know why I keep buying them.[/QUOTE]

Jurassic Park isn't really that type of game, although there are small bits of it. It's mostly a Heavy Rain-style QTE game, although not nearly as well-executed as Heavy Rain.

Also, does Infamous Festival of Blood require inFamous 1, 2 or is it a standalone game?
It takes place in the city from inFamous 2, but it doesn't require either game.

Is it bad that I'm thinking about SotC for under 10 even though I own the disc? :p

Maybe I'll sell it since I like Shadow more than Ico.

Also, in for Infamous and probably Journey to round out a 20 dollar card.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are the new releases for next week:

Summer Sale - 30% Off for PSN, 50% Off for PS+
Closure - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Crysis - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
The House of the Dead 3 - $4.89 PSN - $3.42 PS+
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Jurassic Park - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Real Steel - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Renegade Ops - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Shadow of the Colossus HD - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+

Rest of the Deals
Catherine - $20
Droplitz - $5
Magic Orbz
Rock of Ages - $5
Trine 2 - $7.49

Games
The Adventures of Tintin
Dungeon Twister - $9.99
Spec Ops: The Line
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13

PS2 Classics
Bloodrayne 2

Demos
Summer Stars 2012

Add-ons
Dragon's Dogma
Max Payne 3
Record of Agarest War 2
Saints Row The Third

Vita Add-ons
Hustle Kings

More news on the deals tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Anyone know if NBA Jam on Fire is worth $7?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']
I might pick up Closure and Renegade Ops though.[/QUOTE]
Def get Renegade Ops. $5 is a great deal for a fun gmae

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They called it Ferrari Racing Legends, which a google search says it's actually Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends. It's from the Shift guys, which makes me a lot more interested than I was before.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks, that was the logical thing, as I doubt there would be TWO Ferrari games out on the same day. I'm interested in it as well, might wait for early feedback before buying it.

Weird they'd put Shadow at $10 and not ICO. Might as well spring for the disc collection with the new MSRP at $20. Like a lot of others, fucking FINALLY on Crysis. Probably gonna get FoB and NBA JAM OFE too, and consider Renegade Ops and Jurassic Park.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Anyone know if NBA Jam on Fire is worth $7?[/QUOTE]

I have it on Xbox live and it is a blast to play with friends, but it can be extremely frustrating because a lot of times you feel like the game is doing everything that it can to screw you over.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 does some cool stuff to differentiate from the style of gameplay in the original Rearmed, though the difficulty curve for me goes crazy about 2/3rds into the game.[/QUOTE]
Everyone boycott rearmed 2 and capcom's always-on drm. rearmed 1 is my favorite downloadable this generation, though!

Going to get from the Summer Sale:
Crysis (Never played a Crisis game because I have a crappy computer.)

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (I have the non-deluxe version on 360 with Namco Museum Virtual Arcade.)

On the fence about Shadow of the Colossus since I have it on PS2. I want ICO for less than $10 over Shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back