PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']$4.89, I believe.[/QUOTE]
thanks. so it is a dollar cheaper for ps+ members this time around. cool, i may as well get it even though i was waiting on a 3+4 bundle. seems odd to only put 3 on sale. oh well. i'm in.

[quote name='6er']Wow, that was early. Guess they are off next week. in for festival of blood

Is Jurassic park worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's very much like Heavy Rain. Can be kind of annoying in parts because the QTEs are unforgiving. The game does have a lot of good atmosphere and the story's fairly interesting. It is easy to get all of the trophies, but not much point in replaying it (I rented the 360 disc).

[quote name='captpluto9465']It's very much like Heavy Rain. Can be kind of annoying in parts because the QTEs are unforgiving. The game does have a lot of good atmosphere and the story's fairly interesting. It is easy to get all of the trophies, but not much point in replaying it (I rented the 360 disc).[/QUOTE]
i wouldn't bother getting it unless you absolutely need more trophies. got it for free with a ps+ subscription and i regretted it for months. it is nothing like the fun adventure game style of back to the future and it doesn't have any of the character arcs of walking dead. the whole series is just one long qte with bad graphics and boring storytelling.

(but i loved heavy rain)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Anyone know if NBA Jam on Fire is worth $7?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know for a fact that NBA Jam is worth $7.

[quote name='RealDeals']Weird they'd put Shadow at $10 and not ICO. Might as well spring for the disc collection with the new MSRP at $20. Like a lot of others, fucking FINALLY on Crysis. Probably gonna get FoB and NBA JAM OFE too, and consider Renegade Ops and Jurassic Park.[/QUOTE]

You are aware Crysis was on sale for $10 before?

[quote name='rbanez']Getting Crysis.

Torn between Worms and Closure... Which do you recommend? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Without having played either, I'd recommend Closure.

[quote name='espy605']I was hoping they'd announce Tony Hawk HD with a discount sale. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
That won't be out for a few months due to Summer of Arcade.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That won't be out for a few months due to Summer of Arcade.[/QUOTE]
You mean a few weeks I hope?

Some good deals. I may get Closure (but will probably never play it) and NBA Jam

[quote name='ShockandAww']You mean a few weeks I hope?[/QUOTE]

Tony Hawk HD comes out on XBLA on July 18. I think Microsoft requires at least 30 days exclusivity for Summer of Arcade titles, so the earliest it could be out on PSN would be August 18.

Will pick up Closure at that + price. Seems pretty innovative and I like that it's all hand drawn.
Under $10 for SOTC is a STEAL. Don't even consider it folks, if you don't have it, get it. Shame no ICO deal though.

Also I highly recommend Renegade Ops. One of my top PSN games of last year, no doubt. Made by Avalanche (Just Cause 2), the explosions look awesome, the cars handling is tight, the weapons/load outs really affect how differently you play a character, and the action and dialogue is pure 80's cheeseball. Underrated.

Jurassic Park is a waste of time and money IMO. And you really shouldn't support a company who sends their employees out to bombard game sites with 10/10 "user" review scores the day it releases.
I'm so glad those fuckers got caught.
If you're going to boycott anyone, Telltale is your man.

Last edited:
[quote name='espy605']I was hoping they'd announce Tony Hawk HD with a discount sale. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That won't be out for a few months due to Summer of Arcade.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']You mean a few weeks I hope?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zbornak']Tony Hawk HD comes out on XBLA on July 18. I think Microsoft requires at least 30 days exclusivity for Summer of Arcade titles, so the earliest it could be out on PSN would be August 18.[/QUOTE]

From the game's official Facebook page:

The game will hit PSN a few weeks after that, we’ll confirm that release date soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....257733220975881.61885.204491186300085&type=1

The first Tuesday after a 30-day period would be August 21st, so that's my semi-educated guess.

Biting on Pacman and Closure, i was waiting for pacman to drop its price and Closure seems like a good game.

edit. Will buy Tony Hawk for its full price on the launch day. I don´t care. I need it. We need a good tony hawk game.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Will pick up Closure at that + price. Seems pretty innovative and I like that it's all hand drawn.
Under $10 for SOTC is a STEAL. Don't even consider it folks, if you don't have it, get it. Shame no ICO deal though.

Also I highly recommend Renegade Ops. One of my top PSN games of last year, no doubt. Made by Avalanche (Just Cause 2), the explosions look awesome, the cars handling is tight, the weapons/load outs really affect how differently you play a character, and the action and dialogue is pure 80's cheeseball. Underrated.

Jurassic Park is a waste of time and money IMO. And you really shouldn't support a company who sends their employees out to bombard game sites with 10/10 "user" review scores the day it releases.
If you're going to boycott anyone, Telltale is your man.[/QUOTE]
If you have some Amazon credit, you could always get the Ico/SOTC collection from there for $20. Although I think it's backordered right now.

Renegade Ops looks interesting from the trailer I just watched for it on YouTube. But I'd definitely prefer if Avalanche made Just Cause 3 already.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you have some Amazon credit, you could always get the Ico/SOTC collection from there for $20. Although I think it's backordered right now.

Renegade Ops looks interesting from the trailer I just watched for it on YouTube. But I'd definitely prefer if Avalanche made Just Cause 3 already.[/QUOTE]

I bought SOTC as soon as it became digital. If ICO was $10 I'd grab it.

There is a Ren Ops demo on the Store if you want to check it out.

Just going by the trailer for it, I probably would like Renegade Ops. But unless it's like a $5 title I'll probably feel I paid too much for it.

Although I may buy Rock Of Ages for laughs for $5, assuming that's not also a PS+ price.:roll:

[quote name='Zbornak']Tony Hawk HD comes out on XBLA on July 18. I think Microsoft requires at least 30 days exclusivity for Summer of Arcade titles, so the earliest it could be out on PSN would be August 18.[/QUOTE]
Ugh that blows. Guess I'll reluctantly be buying it for Xbox then.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just going by the trailer for it, I probably would like Renegade Ops. But unless it's like a $5 title I'll probably feel I paid too much for it.

Although I may buy Rock Of Ages for laughs for $5, assuming that's not also a PS+ price.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Rock of Ages was stupid. I'm not surprised by the sale tbh, I think the only people who got it were Plus subs for free.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ugh that blows. Guess I'll reluctantly be buying it for Xbox then.[/QUOTE]

I would nt rush to the 360 version. Apparently the PS3 controller is better suited because of the d-pad.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Rock of Ages was stupid. I'm not surprised by the sale tbh, I think the only people who got it were Plus subs for free.[/QUOTE]

Well, i´ve got rock of ages for free and it´s not a stupid game. It´s kinda fun, and you can have some laughs if you try. But i played for like a couple of hours and never played it again. Well, how can i put this, they gave away awesomenauts the same month. I´m still loving it. My wife and I spend 1-2 hours per day playing that silly game.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']

Full disclosure, it was 2 employees out of ~90. And they were likely reprimanded or fired. They know how to make good games... JP just isn't one of them.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Full disclosure, it was 2 employees out of ~90. And they were likely reprimanded or fired. They know how to make good games... JP just isn't one of them.[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead certainly is, so far. I'm still tempted by Jurassic Park because I love Jurassic Park. I wish I'd been + when it was offered for free.

EDIT: As I recall, now that I think about it, it was offered free with a 1-year re-up, which I couldn't afford around Christmastime. I found the link (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/31/get-jurassic-park-the-game-free-with-1-year-of-ps-plus/) just to nitpickily correct myself.

[quote name='eballarini']Well, i´ve got rock of ages for free and it´s not a stupid game. It´s kinda fun, and you can have some laughs if you try. But i played for like a couple of hours and never played it again. Well, how can i put this, they gave away awesomenauts the same month. I´m still loving it. My wife and I spend 1-2 hours per day playing that silly game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I played a few hours and I enjoyed it, but so many other good games were released for free it's tough to play Rock of Ages. I am still playing through Trine 2 and I have Ratchet and Clank queued up now. I finally stopped playing Awesomenauts, though. (But I always might go back to it....)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...rts-tuesday-bonus-discounts-for-plus-members/

Gotham City Impostors is the last game in the sale. The sale will last just one week. Not sure why Renegade Ops and Pac-Man aren't on the list.

The full list:

Closure - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Crysis - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Gotham City Impostors - - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
The House of the Dead 3 - $4.89 PSN - $3.42 PS+
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Jurassic Park - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Real Steel - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Shadow of the Colossus HD - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+

Hmmm, might get Pac-Man CE DX since it's cheap, though I have it on 360, but it'd be nice to play it on a PS3 controller due to the D-Pad being muuuch better. Had a few too many "NO, I wanted to go that way!" moments with the 360's D-pad.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...rts-tuesday-bonus-discounts-for-plus-members/

Gotham City Impostors is the last game in the sale. The sale will last just one week.

The full list:

Closure - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Crysis - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Gotham City Impostors - - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
The House of the Dead 3 - $4.89 PSN - $3.42 PS+
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Jurassic Park - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Real Steel - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Renegade Ops - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Shadow of the Colossus HD - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zonic505']Hmmm, might get Pac-Man CE DX since it's cheap, though I have it on 360, but it'd be nice to play it on a PS3 controller due to the D-Pad being muuuch better. Had a few too many "NO, I wanted to go that way!" moments with the 360's D-pad.[/QUOTE]

Pac Man DX is not on the list posted on the PS Blog. I think it was part of the last big sale, so maybe it was a miscommunication and won't be part of this sale.

Renegade Ops is not on the list either.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pac Man DX is not on the list posted on the PS Blog. I think it was part of the last big sale, so maybe it was a miscommunication and won't be part of this sale.

Renegade Ops is not on the list either.[/QUOTE]

Neither is Trine 2.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It never was. It was on a list of separate deals that aren't related to the Summer Sale.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Makes sense. It's still free on Plus.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just going by the trailer for it, I probably would like Renegade Ops. But unless it's like a $5 title I'll probably feel I paid too much for it.

Although I may buy Rock Of Ages for laughs for $5, assuming that's not also a PS+ price.:roll:[/QUOTE]
Just get it, Renegade Ops is awesome.

I'm getting the feeling that Renegade Ops and Pac-Man CE DX may be two of the PS+ games that we'll be getting next week. The way they cobble together the list they talk about on the Blogcast, from what I understand, is that they write down a bunch of stuff from the work-in-progress list. They looked at the PS+ list at the top, which has the Summer Sale games with their PS+ discounts and the free games right below it that could easily be grouped together by somebody that's skimming the list for highlights to write down.

[quote name='wrencrest']Just get it, Renegade Ops is awesome.[/QUOTE]
Nah. It's $15, right? That's $10 too much for me. As it stands, I still haven't finished Just Cause 2 and with the heat wave going through this area now(almost 90* today) I doubt I will get around to it anytime soon, since I rarely play the PS3 when it's this muggy out due to no AC in my basement tv room I play in.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Will pick up Closure at that + price. Seems pretty innovative and I like that it's all hand drawn.

i've never paid attention to user reviews, people either give a game a 10 or a 1

i recommend everybody play the walking dead

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. It's $15, right? That's $10 too much for me. As it stands, I still haven't finished Just Cause 2 and with the heat wave going through this area now(almost 90* today) I doubt I will get around to it anytime soon, since I rarely play the PS3 when it's this muggy out due to no AC in my basement tv room I play in.[/QUOTE]
I thought Renegade Ops was confirmed to be in the upcoming sale. Based on Frisys post above yours he thinks so too. If its $10 or less it is worth it. But then again if you cant play for a while you can wait for sure. But it sounds like a game you will love. And I would like to see many people buy this game. Who knows, maybe sales dollars will help them make Just Cause 3 that much better!

And speaking of no AC. I have always lived in FL and never been with AC. How does anyone live without AC is beyond me. From what I hear from NYers (and other Yankees) its hotter in NYC during the summer than it is here in Tampa and its fucking HOT here.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm getting the feeling that Renegade Ops and Pac-Man CE DX may be two of the PS+ games that we'll be getting next week. The way they cobble together the list they talk about on the Blogcast, from what I understand, is that they write down a bunch of stuff from the work-in-progress list. They looked at the PS+ list at the top, which has the Summer Sale games with their PS+ discounts and the free games right below it that could easily be grouped together by somebody that's skimming the list for highlights to write down.[/QUOTE]

LOL you must've read my comment on the Blog:

+ AsiaQatar on June 29th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:
Ok my guess as to why Renegade Ops and PAC Man are not on the list?
The podcast guys got their info a little wrong and these 2 games will be free for PS+ members on Tuesday as the other 3 games are rotated out.
The third free game? Motorstorm Apocolypse.
Watch…

Looks like I'll be picking up Crysis, Infamous Festival of Blood and maybe Gotham City Impostors. I got to get another $20 card. I only have $4 in my wallet. I want to play Shadow of the Colossus HD but I'll wait til the retail disc is back at $20 or under so I can play ICO. I got to finish all these games from PS+. I'm running out of HDD space. :bouncy:

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']LOL you must've read my comment on the Blog:

+ AsiaQatar on June 29th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:
Ok my guess as to why Renegade Ops and PAC Man are not on the list?
The podcast guys got their info a little wrong and these 2 games will be free for PS+ members on Tuesday as the other 3 games are rotated out.
The third free game? Motorstorm Apocolypse.
Watch…[/QUOTE]
No, I asked Nick Suttner on Twitter about it and he stopped responding once I mentioned that Pac-Man and Renegade Ops as the two games that weren't in the Summer Sale list that he read on the show.

[quote name='wrencrest']I thought Renegade Ops was confirmed to be in the upcoming sale. Based on Frisys post above yours he thinks so too. If its $10 or less it is worth it. But then again if you cant play for a while you can wait for sure. But it sounds like a game you will love. And I would like to see many people buy this game. Who knows, maybe sales dollars will help them make Just Cause 3 that much better!

And speaking of no AC. I have always lived in FL and never been with AC. How does anyone live without AC is beyond me. From what I hear from NYers (and other Yankees) its hotter in NYC during the summer than it is here in Tampa and its fucking HOT here.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It sometimes gets to the mid to upper 90's here in the summertime and then add in the humidity on TOP of that and you feel like the wicked witch from the Wizard Of Oz as soon as you step outside your front door.

But it's really not too bad downstairs, especially once I turn on the one box fan I have and crank it up to near max speed.;)

While I definitely liked the look of Ren Ops from just the trailer and gameplay videos I watched of it, I'm still not willing to pay $10+ for a downloadable game unless it's from a series I've been playing forever(see: Mortal Kombat, etc).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, I asked Nick Suttner on Twitter about it and he stopped responding once I mentioned that Pac-Man and Renegade Ops as the two games that weren't in the Summer Sale list that he read on the show.[/QUOTE]

Well great minds think alike then :bouncy:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. It sometimes gets to the mid to upper 90's here in the summertime and then add in the humidity on TOP of that and you feel like the wicked witch from the Wizard Of Oz as soon as you step outside your front door.

But it's really not too bad downstairs, especially once I turn on the one box fan I have and crank it up to near max speed.;)

While I definitely liked the look of Ren Ops from just the trailer and gameplay videos I watched of it, I'm still not willing to pay $10+ for a downloadable game unless it's from a series I've been playing forever(see: Mortal Kombat, etc).[/QUOTE]

Play the demo!
Seriously what happens if Avalanche releases Just Cause 3 and it turns out they had to leave out the best stuff because they were $10 short!?
I'll come looking for you...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. It sometimes gets to the mid to upper 90's here in the summertime and then add in the humidity on TOP of that and you feel like the wicked witch from the Wizard Of Oz as soon as you step outside your front door.

While I definitely liked the look of Ren Ops from just the trailer and gameplay videos I watched of it, I'm still not willing to pay $10+ for a downloadable game unless it's from a series I've been playing forever(see: Mortal Kombat, etc).[/QUOTE]
Well you definintely hold true to your name! I feel Renegade Ops is worth the $10 for people who like twin stick shooters.

I think Motorstorm Apocalypse is a good guess for a + freebie since it was part of the Euro+ Instant Game Collection, but not in the NA+ IGC.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. It's $15, right? That's $10 too much for me. As it stands, I still haven't finished Just Cause 2 and with the heat wave going through this area now(almost 90* today) I doubt I will get around to it anytime soon, since I rarely play the PS3 when it's this muggy out due to no AC in my basement tv room I play in.[/QUOTE]

I would kill for 90 degree weather right now... top it off having it only rained once in the past month. Also, was suppose to go to the ball game tonight downtown, but probably going for the promotion item and if it is still too hot just leaving. How do these highs look?!... ugh. It was up to 107 yesterday as well. On topic, looking forward to Renegade for free since held off on getting it. Some of the Summer Sale games look decent, but think some of them will be cheaper down the road.

7day.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back