PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='o0achilles0o']Tell me more about this sub-account... this is the first I've heard of it and I'd love to give it a try.[/QUOTE]

He means a 2nd account. ;D I personally like having all my Downloadable stuff on 1 account but thats just me lol

[quote name='Wolfkin']b) a way to buy things that are free. Trine 2 is a perfect example. Released at $10 on sale but free for +. So there's no way to take advantage of the sale if you plan on letting the subscription die. By the time it expires you've lost out on the sale.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm reasonably new to PS3 world and you just answered a question I had. Sadly, it wasn't the answer I wanted, but happily it made my decision not to get PS+ incredibly easier.

[quote name='MellowSeth']He means a 2nd account. ;D I personally like having all my Downloadable stuff on 1 account but thats just me lol[/QUOTE]

It's not just you. But I'm also not someone who would rather pay $10 now for a game I can play for free.

I dunno about Scott Pilgrim. I've always wanted to get it but I'm factoring this in:

- I don't care for the Scott Pilgrim brand
- I find classic arcade beat-em-ups (Final Fight, Simpsons, etc) to be just above garbage

So would it still be a good game? I'm trusting, while paying homage to, it isn't bad like the old games that inspire it?

[quote name='Buuhan1']I dunno about Scott Pilgrim. I've always wanted to get it but I'm factoring this in:

- I find classic arcade beat-em-ups (Final Fight, Simpsons, etc) to be just above garbage

So would it still be a good game? I'm trusting, while paying homage to, it isn't bad like the old games that inspire it?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a classic arcade beat em up. Have you played the demo? Not sure if psn has one but you should try it out. I'm in the same boat and didn't really care for SP

[quote name='Buuhan1']I dunno about Scott Pilgrim. I've always wanted to get it but I'm factoring this in:

So would it still be a good game? I'm trusting, while paying homage to, it isn't bad like the old games that inspire it?[/QUOTE]

Scott Pilgrim is my #1 favorite beat-em-up (I never played the old ones back in the day so no nostalgia glasses for me). It has a really good leveling system that makes you feel noticeably stronger and feel like all the beating up you did was worth something.

That being said, it's still a beat-em-up and if you don't like the Scott Pilgrim license (which I love) then this may not be for you.

Did you ever play River City Ransom on NES - Scott Pilgrim reminds me almost exactly of that game, which I loved, except that the fighting is a bit more exaggerated to fit the Scott Pilgrim universe. I've played the demo and actually watched some of my friends play through a good portion of the game (unfortunately there were 4 of us and only 3 controllers so I let them play since I was tired anyway) and I think it's fun and it's gets pretty freakin hard (especially with single player) if you like a challenge.

But anyway, if you have played RCR on NES, you can use that for a good comparison IMO as to whether you'll like Scott Pilgrim or not.

Thanks for your help guys, I think I'm going to sit this one out. The graphics were all that were drawing me in the first place.

Sign up for ps+ and Got Scott Pillgrim complete and Assassin Creed II Deluxe edition. Also DL two free games not bad.

Is Scott Pilgrim online? I love Castle Crashers but I find it a bore to play by myself and only play it with friends online. Is Scott Pilgrim more fun by yourself then you would say Castle Crashers is?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Is Scott Pilgrim online? I love Castle Crashers but I find it a bore to play by myself and only play it with friends online. Is Scott Pilgrim more fun by yourself then you would say Castle Crashers is?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it has no online multiplayer. That was what disappointed me the most about it, would've been so much better with online co-op. It's great if you've got people locally to play it with though. I can't really compare it to Castle Crashers as I've never played that game.

Was the last PS+ sign up bonus the free Jurassic Park complete season? I'm wondering if they'll be another sign up bonus because June is coming up and last June they had 1 year anniversary of PS+ and signing up you got free 3 months bonus.

And I was wondering if you could claim those bonuses with a PS+ 1 year card bought from say Fred Meyer or Gamestop (since have gift cards there). Or does the bonus only apply if purchased from PSN store (from wallet)?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Is Scott Pilgrim online? I love Castle Crashers but I find it a bore to play by myself and only play it with friends online. Is Scott Pilgrim more fun by yourself then you would say Castle Crashers is?[/QUOTE]

I had a lot more fun with Scott Pilgrim single player than I did with Castle Crashers.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Was the last PS+ sign up bonus the free Jurassic Park complete season? I'm wondering if they'll be another sign up bonus because June is coming up and last June they had 1 year anniversary of PS+ and signing up you got free 3 months bonus.

And I was wondering if you could claim those bonuses with a PS+ 1 year card bought from say Fred Meyer or Gamestop (since have gift cards there). Or does the bonus only apply if purchased from PSN store (from wallet)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the last bonus I can recall is the Jurassic Park one. I'm hoping they do something similar to last June, I'll renew then for sure if they do.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the PS+ 1 year cards will qualify you for the same bonuses you would get from buying through the PSN store.

EDIT: Source from last year.

[quote name='bigsick']I've been waiting for a deal on journey but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Why not? Just be patient, I'm sure it will be going on sale. Look how long it took for them to discount Beyond Good and Evil.

That five in one mini for PS3/PSP isn't listed under the actual PS+ section. You have to go into the PS3/PSP cross compatible mini section on the store to find it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That five in one mini for PS3/PSP isn't listed under the actual PS+ section. You have to go into the PS3/PSP cross compatible mini section on the store to find it.[/QUOTE]

What are the games in it, are they any good, and are they worth a dollar?

[quote name='bigsick']I've been waiting for a deal on journey but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.[/QUOTE]Well, it came out not too long ago. I would say give it some time. I'm waiting for a sale on that game as well.

& yeah, as lame as it is, Scott Pilgrim doesn't have online due to the fact that they didn't have time to add it since it had to be released near the movie's release.

[quote name='Blaster man']What are the games in it, are they any good, and are they worth a dollar?[/QUOTE]
The games are:

Tetroid-originally thought this was gonna be a knockoff of Tetris from the name, but it's more like Breakout/Arkanoid, except that the bricks seem to come in 'waves' instead of just one bunch that you have to break through. Moreover, the bricks come onto the screen from the right hand side instead of being on the top part of it

Solitaire-classic version where you have to go red card/black card/ red card when playing versus the version on Windows, where you can make the game all one suit

Pairs-Basically their name for concentration, you have to match like images with each other.

15Puzzle-It's like those old games where you had to arrange tiles that're scrambled to make a picture.

8 Ball Pool-classic pool game, 'nuff said

I've only tried out Tetroid, Solitaire and the 8 ball pool so far. I liked all three of those thus far, though I always sucked at Arkanoid/Breakout.:cry::whistle2:#

Of those three, I definitely like the pool game best so far. Since it's a Mini, I was able to install it on both my PSPGo and my PS3. So that's definitely nice. The animations for the ones I played were pretty good as well and the sound is pretty nice for such a cheap game. When the balls clack into each other in the game, it sounds almost dead on for the real thing.

In other words, you can't go wrong for $.99, especially since you can put it on both the PSP and the PS3 once you buy it.:D

I tried looking it up, and I'm seeing mixed answers everywhere I look.

If you buy a 3 or 12 month PS+ card in stores, do you ned to enter credit card info?

[quote name='elessar123']I tried looking it up, and I'm seeing mixed answers everywhere I look.

If you buy a 3 or 12 month PS+ card in stores, do you ned to enter credit card info?[/QUOTE]I am almost 100% positive you don't, but I could be wrong. If I remember correctly, the card just gives you a code to enter into the PSN Store to activate PS+.

And I decided to pick up Scott Pilgrim last night. It's a nice little beat-em up. I was a little confused about how the health system worked at first but I figured it out. How do you find out what items do before you buy them? I kept looking and pressed pretty much every button. I'd buy something from a store and find out what it did after the fact.

[quote name='bigsick']I've been waiting for a deal on journey but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

What, it's been out 2 whole months now? Most sales take at least 6 months, and a sale on Journey may even take longer than that because it sold so well.

[quote name='PimpLimp']And I decided to pick up Scott Pilgrim last night. It's a nice little beat-em up. I was a little confused about how the health system worked at first but I figured it out. How do you find out what items do before you buy them? I kept looking and pressed pretty much every button. I'd buy something from a store and find out what it did after the fact.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, you don't. I think I may have even made my own list on that one, to remember which ones were good so I'd remember to buy them again.

Anyways, there's a full list here. I don't think it's really cheating to use, but that's up to you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/961765-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world/faqs/60745

Maybe final fight, outland and might and magic.

why wont moon diver ever go on sale? i might as well just buy the damn thing.

Going to pick up BG&E.

Also thinking about I Am Alive. Is it worth it for $10.50, heard it's a very short game.
I wonder if it'll even go lower sometime in the future.

Thanks

[quote name='tylerh1701']If I remember correctly, you don't. I think I may have even made my own list on that one, to remember which ones were good so I'd remember to buy them again.

Anyways, there's a full list here. I don't think it's really cheating to use, but that's up to you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/961765-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world/faqs/60745[/QUOTE]That's pretty weak, I can't ever remember playing a RPG and there NOT being a description of items in a shops. It's not cheating at all IMO and I appreciate the link.

Is there any difference in how the characters play in Scott Pilgrim? I've really only played with Scott so far and I don't wanna level him up and then come to find out there was a better character to use all along.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Going to pick up BG&E.

Also thinking about I Am Alive. Is it worth it for $10.50, heard it's a very short game.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Where do you see I Am Alive for $10.50? It shows 14.99 for me...

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Also thinking about I Am Alive. Is it worth it for $10.50, heard it's a very short game.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's not on sale, is it?

[quote name='PimpLimp']That's pretty weak, I can't ever remember playing a RPG and there NOT being a description of items in a shops. It's not cheating at all IMO and I appreciate the link.

Is there any difference in how the characters play in Scott Pilgrim? I've really only played with Scott so far and I don't wanna level him up and then come to find out there was a better character to use all along.[/QUOTE]

The shop style in that game reminds me of River City Ransom, which I don't believe told you what each item did either. They probably just based it all on the RCR style.

I played through with Scott, I think each character has their own movelist and different types of attacks. But stat-wise, I think they're all fairly similar. Here's another link that does a pretty good job of describing all the characters:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/961764-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world/faqs/62026 (Read Section 2)

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Going to pick up BG&E.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The second post with the prices was just a list of every Ubisoft title on the store and how much they would be if they were part of the sale. I Am Alive unfortunately isn't on sale.

yeah item descriptions isnt cheating. it seems like they made a mistake of not putting descriptions in game. crazy but i guess like an oldschool nes game they were trying to emulate. and i dont know if characters play diff but i would think so since the dlc is knives extra character.

[quote name='rainking187']The second post with the prices was just a list of every Ubisoft title on the store and how much they would be if they were part of the sale. I Am Alive unfortunately isn't on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I don't have time to check the psn store this week, so I was going by the post.
Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah same here, but like another poster said, we just have to be patient. IIRC, it came out not all that long ago, so I don't really expect to see a sale on it for awhile and I'm ok with that since my backlog is ridiculously huge right now. :razz:

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's not on sale, is it?

The shop style in that game reminds me of River City Ransom, which I don't believe told you what each item did either. They probably just based it all on the RCR style.

I played through with Scott, I think each character has their own movelist and different types of attacks. But stat-wise, I think they're all fairly similar. Here's another link that does a pretty good job of describing all the characters:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/961764-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world/faqs/62026 (Read Section 2)[/QUOTE]

Haha, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. :D I was saying the exact same thing a few posts back in response to another poster asking what the game was like and I said if he had played RCR, then that should give him a good comparison of whether or not he would like Scott Pilgrim (though obviously Scott Pilgrim has much better graphics and more outrageous moves :razz:).

It's sold too well to go on sale right away.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That five in one mini for PS3/PSP isn't listed under the actual PS+ section. You have to go into the PS3/PSP cross compatible mini section on the store to find it.[/QUOTE]
It's not on sale for PS+, so it wouldn't be listed there. All of the normal deals are listed under New Releases > Discounts.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-With...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1368501602&pf_rd_i=2858778011

For Amazon Instant Video app users, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the $0.99 rental of the day.

Quick question to those who got the Jurassic Park signup bonus: was that typical PS+ free, as in you lose it when your subscription expires? Or was it yours to keep? I ask because I have a year PS+ card lying around from the Target misprint last year and I'm trying to decide if I should wait to activate it.

[quote name='elessar123']I tried looking it up, and I'm seeing mixed answers everywhere I look.

If you buy a 3 or 12 month PS+ card in stores, do you ned to enter credit card info?[/QUOTE]

I bought a discounted $50 PSN card from TRU, applied that to my account by typing in the code on the card and then used those funds to buy a 12 month PSN+ subscription through the PSN store and did not need a credit card number.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, the last bonus I can recall is the Jurassic Park one. I'm hoping they do something similar to last June, I'll renew then for sure if they do.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the PS+ 1 year cards will qualify you for the same bonuses you would get from buying through the PSN store.

EDIT: Source from last year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now to wait and see if PS+ has a 2 year anniversary bonus

The new Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
ModNation Racers Add-ons - Permanent Price Drop

Games
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale
Monster World IV
The Revenge of Shinobi
Sorcery - $39.99
Super Hang-on
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Wonder Boy in Monster World

PS1 Classics
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare

PS2 Classics
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

Demos
Journey

Add-ons
Atelier Meruru
Dragon's Dogma
Gotham City Imposters
MotorStorm RC
Soul Calibur V

Vita Games
Table Top Tanks

Vita Add-ons
MotorStorm RC
Reality Fighters

And more PSP Games and Minis on the Vita Store over the next two weeks, which should be the rest of the list we've been given.

Full PS3 Releases:
-Sorcery (Both Physical and Blu ray)
-Dragons Dogma
-Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
-Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (Digital Edition)

PSN Releases:
-Doctor Who The Eternity Clock
-D&D Dagger Dale
-Alex Kid in Miracle World
-Monster World 4: The Revenge of Shinobi
-Wonder Boy in Monster Land
-Wonder Boy in Monster World
-Super Hang On
- Many many sega games.

PS2 Games:
-Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain
-Need for Speed: Most Wanted

PS Vita:
-Tabletop Tanks

PS1 Classics:
-Alone in the Dark: A New Nightmare

Miscellaneous
-PS3 Demo for Journey
-Lots of DLC for Dragons Dogma, Soul Caliber 5, alamari maru (?), Gotham City Imposters
-PRICE DROP on all Modnation Racers DLC Packs
-Reality Fighters Ghost Buster Pack
-New vehicles for Motorstorm RC
-More PSP games and Minis available on Vita (Lots more on May 22nd) (around 80 more games from psp and mini collection will be playable)

-Highlights include:
Bejewled 2, Dead Head Fred, Field Commander, MX vs. ATV Untamed, Peggle,
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Split/Second, Both Untold Legends Games,
WWE All Stars, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010,

[quote name='jwk94']They need to address Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's PSN release.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not coming to PSN, which is why it's not on the list.[/QUOTE]

Ever or just not next week/update?

I was just about to pre-order this at Gamestop, but passed because I probably won't have the money in time when the game is released.

Got the two pieces of Assassin's Creed II DLC since I have the game on disc. Also got Scott Pilgrim bundle, going blind on this, hope it really is like River City Ransom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back