PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly stupid question. How do I know if I have the Flow expansion installed correctly? I beat the game before realizing that there are ways to have it installed incorrectly, so I deleted everything and re-installed it the correct way, but I'm not seeing a new little creature or anything? What should I be looking for to see if I have it installed correctly?

Thanks.

[quote name='InfinitiPJ']Thinking about grabbing RDR since I had the base game for 360 but never finished it due to RROD.

How long is the Undead expansion for RDR and is anyone still playing it online? Also, does the Undead tie itself in with the main story or is it like GTA IV where you launch it separately from within the base game. Personally I like the separation they did with GTA.[/QUOTE]

Undead Nightmare was fairly short and got repetitive really fast (clear town, clear graveyard, repeat), but it was still fun.

It's no where near as good as the 2 GTA IV expansions though.

I did get frustrated when the main story wouldn't advance until I finished a side mission that I had attempted and failed once (glitch maybe?).

I never touched the online portion, so I have no idea how active it was/is.

I can't comment on the separate launcher, since I have a the Undead Nightmare collection on disc.

I paid $15 for the stand alone Undead Nighmare collection and thought it was a good purchase (I loved the main RDR game/story).

I've been very happy with the PS+ discounts and free games, the PS+ discounts alone have more than paid for the subscription. And the free games are nice to have, another incentive to stay a PS+ member. I like the new Ultimate deals, picked up MK and M:A complete editions to have digital versions. I am also an XBL gold member, and the discounts have been good there as well overall. Multiplayer doesn't matter to me, but these other benefits really make a difference.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I figured as much, i was hoping it would be vita compatible by now :([/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that only minis, psp and ps1 games would be vita compatible

[quote name='mebegod']I was under the impression that only minis, psp and ps1 games would be vita compatible[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, and no. Not without remote play anyways. That may change come next week when Kaz kicks some flava in yo ear.

PSP games and Minis work because of the PSP emulator, though it seems like the delayed PS1 support could be because they're making a new PS1 emulator just for the Vita. Getting any of the PS3 games on PSN on Vita would require the developers to make a new version just for the Vita, which depends on how much the developer/publisher wants to sell that game to a new market.

[quote name='Archfiend']wow this must be the shittiest deals i have ever seen. i feel sorry for idiots who buy this overpriced crap[/QUOTE]

Question: What type of answer do you want to receive? Are you bored after getting out of the hospital because 1/2 ton welding table fell on your foot and fractured your big toe and they had to remove your nail?

[quote name='lupe guillotine']Question: What type of answer do you want to receive? Are you bored after getting out of the hospital because 1/2 ton welding table fell on your foot and fractured your big toe and they had to remove your nail?[/QUOTE]

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

[quote name='lupe guillotine']Question: What type of answer do you want to receive? Are you bored after getting out of the hospital because 1/2 ton welding table fell on your foot and fractured your big toe and they had to remove your nail?[/QUOTE]

Wow. That was fucking gold my friend!

[quote name='Archfiend']wow this must be the shittiest deals i have ever seen. i feel sorry for idiots who buy this overpriced crap[/QUOTE]

I have to agree but then full download games are never as good of deals as in store. I mean come on, I got LA Noire Complete on clearance at Target several months ago for $8.97.

These have my attention:

Cladun - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Fate/unlimited codes - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - PSP - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Already have Phantom Brave on PS2 though. Trying to decide on Cladun or Fate/Unlimited Codes, but might hold off since they are both permanent price drops instead of temporary sale prices.

[quote name='handsomepete'](p.s. if somehow the 200% tiv value bump rumor at Best Buy next week is true and the value holds, you could net nearly $30 for your old copy - seems doubtful, but something to consider also)[/QUOTE]
:lol: Good luck with that. Unless it's a glitch in the system that quadruple stacks their current 50% promo, it's likely NOT gonna happen. The only comments I've ever seen mentioning a 200% tiv bump is my comment remarking how people ask the same stupid questions about if promos stack.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Good luck with that. Unless it's a glitch in the system that quadruple stacks their current 50% promo, it's likely NOT gonna happen. The only comments I've ever seen mentioning a 200% tiv bump is my comment remarking how people ask the same stupid questions about if promos stack.:roll:[/QUOTE]

semantics issue, poor wording on my part - receive 200% of the trade-in value or receive a 100% trade-in value bonus, just depends on how you think of it. same thing, and confirmed this morning.

[quote name='handsomepete']semantics issue, poor wording on my part - receive 200% of the trade-in value or receive a 100% trade-in value bonus, just depends on how you think of it. same thing, and confirmed this morning.[/QUOTE]
It may be confirmed, but as I mentioned in that thread I fully expect any halfway decent tiv's to tank to the point where you're getting only as much as you would've during the 50% tiv bonus.

But an added 100% of the current tiv does not equal 200% imo. Like I said though, they'll likely tank all tiv's(including very recent games like Max Payne 3) to $10-15 and it'll end up where people are getting the same as they would've received after the 50% bonus or possibly even LESS if they tank them enough.

This is what will be taken down for PS+ users after next week's update:

Deals
Alpha Mission - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Alpha Mission II - $7.19
Alpha Mission II - PSP - $5.59
Art of Fighting - $7.19
Art of Fighting - PSP - $5.59
Athena - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Baseball Stars Professional - $7.19
Baseball Stars Professional - PSP - $5.59
Baseball Stars 2 - $7.19
Baseball Stars 2 - PSP - $5.59
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Bioshock 2 Complete Pack - $19.59 - Full Game + All DLC - 13.41 GB
Call of Duty: Black Ops Complete Bundle - $46.54 - Full Game + All DLC - 24.3 GB
Cuboid - $7.99
Fatal Fury - $7.19
Fatal Fury - PSP - $5.59
HAL 21 - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Ikari Warriors - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Infamous 2 Complete Edition - $23.79 - Full Game + All DLC
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $7.99
Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition - $14.69 - Full Game + All DLC - 7.5 GB
The King of Fighters '94 - $7.19
The King of Fighters '94 - PSP - $5.59
The King of Fighters '95 - $7.19
The King of Fighters '95 - PSP - $5.59
The King of Fighters '96 - $7.19
The King of Fighters '96 - PSP - $5.59
LA Noire: Ultimate Edition - $19.59 - Full Game + All DLC - 17.01 GB
League Bowling - $7.19
League Bowling - PSP - $5.59
Mafia II Complete Edition - $14.69 - Full Game + All DLC - 9.1 GB
Magic Orbz - $7.99
Magician Lord - $7.19
Magician Lord - PSP - $5.59
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $7.99
Marvin's Maze - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Metal Slug - $7.19
Metal Slug - PSP - $5.59
Metal Slug 2 - $7.19
Metal Slug 2 - PSP - $5.59
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition- $24.49 - Full Game + All DLC - 10 GB
MotorStorm Apocalypse Complete Edition Bundle - $35.34 - Full Game + All DLC - 6.8 GB
MotorStorm RC - $7.49
Neo Geo Station PS3 Bundle - $63.99
Ozma Wars - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
P.O.W. Prisoners of War - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Prehistoric Isle - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Psycho Soldier - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Rayman Origins - $23.99 - 1.5 GB
Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection - $19.59 - Full Game + All DLC - 10.04 GB
Samurai Showdown - $7.19
Samurai Showdown - PSP - $5.59
Sasuke vs. Commander - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Shock Troopers - $7.19
Shock Troopers - PSP - $5.59
Sky Fighter - $3.99
Smash Cars - $11.99
Super Sidekicks - $7.19
Super Sidekicks - PSP - $5.59
T.N.K. III - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Vanguard - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Vanguard II - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Victory Road - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
World Heroes - $7.19
World Heroes - PSP - $5.59

Games
Awesomenauts
Battle Fantasia
Castlevania Chronicles - PSP/PS3
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims - PSP/PS3
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Trine 2
Velocity - PSP/PS3

Add-ons
Cuboid - Booster Pack - Free
Cuboid - Level Editor - Free
Magic Orbz - Booster Pack - Free
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack - Free
Magic Orbz - Winter Pack - Free
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Booster Pack - Free
Smash Cars - Virus Run - Free

Themes
Wakeboarding HD - Dynamic

Rayman Origins (3)

All of the persistent deals will be gone and only Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves will remain of the persistent free games. I didn't put that much stock into the rumors about a revamp of PS+, but this says a lot about that possibility.

Eh, JC2 with all the DLC for $20 seems reasonable, so I went in on it. Been looking for a good open world "lolz, blow stuff up" game to blow off stress from work.

A reply to one of the posts on yesterday's store update says that we should be hearing about the Plus deals for June today. I am thinking that it won't be anything too great since they are presumably making some big reveals at E3 next week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm actually glad to see those NeoGeo discount games go, they cluttered the hell out of the PS+ Discounts section.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mebegod']seconded[/QUOTE]

Thirded!

[quote name='erwos']Eh, JC2 with all the DLC for $20 seems reasonable, so I went in on it. Been looking for a good open world "lolz, blow stuff up" game to blow off stress from work.[/QUOTE]

Well you cant go wrong with this game. Stuff blows up real good and it made even better when you can zip away using your grapple hook and parachute!

[quote name='mpaullin']A reply to one of the posts on yesterday's store update says that we should be hearing about the Plus deals for June today. I am thinking that it won't be anything too great since they are presumably making some big reveals at E3 next week.[/QUOTE]
Not really. They can easily announce the new games and such on the schedule like usual and still have the potential layers of Vita and other stuff to announce next week. I don't see why it'll be all that different.

[quote name='wrencrest']Well you cant go wrong with this game. Stuff blows up real good and it made even better when you can zip away using your grapple hook and parachute![/QUOTE]
That it does, that it does.;)

Word of warning though: Don't take over too many military bases before doing some of the story missions, especially if they'll have you going back to those bases you took over earlier. Why? Because I now get a chopper and paratroopers coming in to take me out at alert level ONE.:shock::lol:

Don't get me wrong. It's fun to blast them all the same, since I'm usually flying a chopper to take out the enemy bases. But until you take out the SAM sites, be prepared to bail out....a lot.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That it does, that it does.;)

Word of warning though: Don't take over too many military bases before doing some of the story missions, especially if they'll have you going back to those bases you took over earlier. Why? Because I now get a chopper and paratroopers coming in to take me out at alert level ONE.:shock::lol:

Don't get me wrong. It's fun to blast them all the same, since I'm usually flying a chopper to take out the enemy bases. But until you take out the SAM sites, be prepared to bail out....a lot.:lol:[/QUOTE]
Bailing out is half the fun of this game and why I love it so much. This is the only game I know of where the only real way to die is by being shot by the enemy. You can jump off tall buildings, MOUNTAINS, out of planes, etc, and not worry about dying. It is such a free feeling! I have to play some tonight no matter how tired I may be. So much fun.

Grabbed Just Cause 2 from AWD for $15. I've been dying for this game to hit $10 and you guys keep making it sound awesome so I caved. And (to me) it's worth it to get it disc based (minus the DLC) for a few cents more because I don't want to clog up my PS3 hard drive, plus of course the resale-ability.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It also clearly states that some content may change.[/QUOTE]
True. But isn't that usually in place for games that just don't release in time. This is the first time I remember them telling us about an upcoming price and then renegging on it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ore-update-239/comment-page-1/#comment-715842[/QUOTE]
After reading that it really makes me feel like that was a terrible move by Sony. If the deal was "pending" why publish it? They could've just said "Sale on Rayman Origins" and left it at that.

I for one already have the game on 360 but still haven't played. I've heard it's fucking amazing though and was seriously considering downloading the PSN version for $15. But $23? No thanks.

They specifically state in the post you linked that content can change, though they've said that they're no longer listing full game trials due to their inability to get confirmed dates that early in advance.

Looks like Jeremy McGrath's Offroad will be out on June 27 for $9.99. Here's a bit more info on it:

In Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad, players race four-wheeled, 800-horsepower offroad race trucks with tons of options, as well as a wide load-out of vehicle classes including Rally Cars, Pro Buggies and Pro Lite Trucks. Eight-player multiplayer boasts dynamic interactions between all competing vehicles so players can see and feel the impact of mid-race collisions. Career mode follows Jeremy’s bid for the Pro2 championship within the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. All this arcade racing action takes place inside a persistent game world that presents challenge after challenge at 60 frames per second in crispy 1080p.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']After reading that it really makes me feel like that was a terrible move by Sony. If the deal was "pending" why publish it? They could've just said "Sale on Rayman Origins" and left it at that.

I for one already have the game on 360 but still haven't played. I've heard it's fucking amazing though and was seriously considering downloading the PSN version for $15. But $23? No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well like the said they are working on process to hopefully keep it all straight in future.

Guessing they had issue with publisher not wanting the price to drop so much or something.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Well like the said they are working on process to hopefully keep it all straight in future.

Guessing they had issue with publisher not wanting the price to drop so much or something.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure that's what it was. But the game has been on sale at retail for $20 more times than I can count. Oh well.

Bought Flower for $4.89, still must burn the remaining $3-4 dollars in the wallet. Someday...

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm sure that's what it was. But the game has been on sale at retail for $20 more times than I can count. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

True, but that just starts the whole digital vs. retail pricing argument again. The same can be said for basically any full game on PSN.

EDIT: Also, no PS+ update yet. I've had a pretty slow day, I bet I've checked the PS Blog page 40 or so times haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back