PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mcdaking84']good thing I just bought infamous 2....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had bought it from Gamefly during one of their nightly sales, thank god I didn't buy that Ultimate Edition that's on sale or I'd be a little more upset since I couldn't trade that in.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they're giving it away free to PS+ members (which I just signed up for during the Ubisoft sale), but to have the Infamous 2 be on sale a week before it's to be giving away for free just doesn't seem ethical to me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I noticed that the CE for God of War Ascension, which is $80, includes a DLC pass that gives you all future DLC for that game. I like that idea a lot for CEs because the physical stuff is usually a bit underwhelming.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is pretty cool, more companies should do DLC like that

How in the world could JC2 be a free game already?!?! Literally right after it is on sale? I bought it SECONDS before checking out this thread. That is just ridiculous.
Now to offset this injustice, I'm going to work 15 minutes of overtime this week. 15 minutes that should be going to JC2!

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Dammit, I just bought Ratchet & Clank from GameFly a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Thing is, Best Buy's trade in-value for it is $10.00. With the current trade-in deal they have going on, that would make it $20 in BB credit(if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Tretton said Infamous 2, Saints Row 2, and LBP2.

On the screen it showed ten slides...

Warhammer: Space Marine
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Just Cause 2
Choplifter HD
Sideway NY
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Zombie Apocalypse
Hard Corps: Uprising
Virtua Fighter 5

And there is the mystery one nobody can identify.

That's 12, excluding the mystery game. It doesn't look like Infamous 2, LBP2, or Saints Row 2 though.

[quote name='Bosamba']...but to have the Infamous 2 be on sale a week before it's to be giving away for free just doesn't seem ethical to me.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']So, Tretton said Infamous 2, Saints Row 2, and LBP2.

On the screen it showed ten slides...

Warhammer: Space Marine
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Just Cause 2
Choplifter HD
Sideway NY
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Zombie Apocalypse
Hard Corps: Uprising
Virtua Fighter 5

And there is the mystery one nobody can identify.

That's 12, excluding the mystery game. It doesn't look like Infamous 2, LBP2, or Saints Row 2 though.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm surprised nobody can peg it. I know the pic is blurry as hell, but there are a lot of people on here that know their games.

The logo on that last picture kind of looks like the Sega Genesis logo. Can't be certain and if it is I still have no idea what game that is
Sega-genesis-logo.jpg

[quote name='tylerh1701']I think it's an alternative picture for Warhammer Space Marine (which would explain why he only said 12 games):

19352u.jpg
154kd5d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think you nailed it. Though it is kind of weird they are showing Space Marine twice on there

I was thinking of all the times some on here have said...'I just bought that!'...'Should I wait on this or that!'... 'Do you think ____ will be a PS+ deal?'.

And, I wasn't too pressed about it, because, a number of times, those games didn't interest me. Now that they are going to put R&C:A41 as free, I might be joining that club! Especially with me searching for sales on that, recently!:joystick:

There's two Warhammer games. Warhammer 40000: Kill team (psn game) and then Warhammer 40000 Space Marine (full retail). I'm guessing both will be free maybe.

[quote name='Velo214']wow well that's awesome stuff. just for those looking to unload tomorrow, here is most recent tiv's posted on gamestop tiv thread and bestbuy tiv page for the few im flippin-

Just Cause 2 $5 base @ BB $7 @ GS
Warhammer 40K Space Marine $5 base @ BB $4 @ GS
LBP2 $10 base @ BB $15 @ GS
SR2 $2 base @ BB $7 @ GS
Infamous 2 $5 base @ BB $14 @ GS

yups, peace all cags. so yeah infamous 2 -> gs, warhammer -> bb, etc.[/QUOTE]

Just Cause 2 is up to $8 base @ GS
Little Big Planet 2 SE is also at $16 @ GS

Can't wait to trade in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One @ BB tomorrow for $21 after promo :)

I'm glad i signed up for 1 year of PS+ just yesterday. Luckily I don't Infamous 2, LBP2, or Saints Row 2, or any of the other games mentioned either. :D

Hopefully they announce some ps vita news not to shortly as well.

Looking at the free stuff I don't own. Infamous 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Choplifter HD, Zombie Apocalypse, Little Big Planet 2 and Virtua Fighter 5 all for free (I own the rest). Holy fuck.

This PS+ paid off when I started grabbing stuff like Trine 2, Awesomenauts, Simpsons Arcade Game for free but when you throw in these, just wow. Great value for $50.

I already have inFAMOUS 2 and Just Cause 2, but I can pick up the others.

The lesson here is to never buy games again! Eventually they will be free on PS+.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']These are just June deals, right? We'll still get new stuff in July, right?[/QUOTE]

These are the games that kick off the new "Instant Library", and I would assume they'll add one or two new ones each month. I hope we'll still get PSOne games and Minis free, but I don't think they said anything about those.

I have had PS+ since they gave the free month for the outage last year and it has been worth every penny. Especially when I took advantage of the Target ad error a couple months ago and got a couple 1 year cards for 14.99. I'm subscribed through 2015! :D

[quote name='Hijinx']There's two Warhammer games. Warhammer 40000: Kill team (psn game) and then Warhammer 40000 Space Marine (full retail). I'm guessing both will be free maybe.[/QUOTE]
Space Marine had better be free because I just traded in my Best Buy copy today! I bought it at the end of last year during their crazy sales for $10 but it has remained sealed. I just took out the manual and armor insert dlc from my copy and traded in the game for $5 + 100% + 10% gamer unlocked.

By the way, don't forget to use the code on the manual before trading it in. When I used the code it was for some kind of $10 dlc that levels you up in multiplayer. The dlc code from the insert gave me some kind of purple armor that costs $3 or $4 on psn.

I hope to finally play this game someday!

Meh, just a bunch of overhyped mainstream garbage. If they stop giving away the niche and indie games, I won't be renewing my subscription.

New here, can anyone tell me if I am correct?
they are giving away SR2, JC2 and infamous 2 for free? + other games if I have PS+?

[quote name='Nimrodlic']New here, can anyone tell me if I am correct?
they are giving away SR2, JC2 and infamous 2 for free? + other games if I have PS+?[/QUOTE]

Yes - all twelve listed in a previous post. You can only play them as long as you maintain your subscription, like most PS+ games. Tuesday should be an interesting day on PSN - tens of thousands of people all trying to download 100 GB of stuff at once.

Aw crap! All 4 One is on there? Hmmm, now to decide if I should just trade in my physical copies of 4 of these damned games and use the money to just get a bigger hdd, hehe.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Aw crap! All 4 One is on there? Hmmm, now to decide if I should just trade in my physical copies of 4 of these damned games and use the money to just get a bigger hdd, hehe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. I'm actually considering just keeping my discs so I don't have to download all that stuff ;). I'm pretty much out of room already.

you can always delete the games you have beaten and if you plan on replaying them you can redownload them free. cept for fl0w if it was free to you that one week long ago.

disc based game data is a huge culprit of HDD space too. Look for all the disc games you have already gotten rid of and you might notice tons of space free up when you delete the game data. Not even the save data, that is usually an insignificant amount.

12 free games, many of which are full retail titles? I think PS+ is now sponsored by Western Digital.

Sony could charge $100 for this and it would still be a great value.

[quote name='forweg']Meh, just a bunch of overhyped mainstream garbage. If they stop giving away the niche and indie games, I won't be renewing my subscription.[/QUOTE]

There is always a miserable pig in the shit :D

Didn't just trade in All 4 One Sunday before I was done because the value was high, nope :)

Starting today, PlayStation Plus members automatically get the following games: Virtua Fighter 5, inFAMOUS 2, Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hard Corp: Uprising, Choplifter HD, Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone, and Sideway NY.

From Kotaku.

I have LBP 2 SE that I have not played. Is there a way to use the extra content on the non SE version so I can trade it in?

[quote name='vincentgrey']Starting today, PlayStation Plus members automatically get the following games: Virtua Fighter 5, inFAMOUS 2, Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hard Corp: Uprising, Choplifter HD, Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone, and Sideway NY.

From Kotaku.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! Me thinks I am going to have to get Playstation Plus. That awesome.

now that everyone will have space marine I can trade it in and buy the DLC for it that is way overpriced, since more people will possibly have it.

[quote name='vincentgrey']Starting today, PlayStation Plus members automatically get the following games: Virtua Fighter 5, inFAMOUS 2, Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hard Corp: Uprising, Choplifter HD, Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone, and Sideway NY.

From Kotaku.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic - not a single game that I already have. I have an Infamous 2 SE that's still unopened, now I won't be tempted to open it. And I was planning on buying VF5 today anyways. Well played, Sony.

Where is the vita love that was promised? The ps3 games offered look great, but I signed up on the promise that we would see vita discounts and to offer none is discouraging.

[quote name='prayformojo']Where is the vita love that was promised? The ps3 games offered look great, but I signed up on the promise that we would see vita discounts and to offer none is discouraging.[/QUOTE]

That + the lack of Vita love in general was mind boggling. WTF are they thinking?

[quote name='forweg']Meh, just a bunch of overhyped mainstream garbage. If they stop giving away the niche and indie games, I won't be renewing my subscription.[/QUOTE]
lmao, this guy.

If you let your subscribtion lapse/expire and then renew, do you regain access to all the PS+ you had "purchased" before the lapse?

From Kotaku.[/QUOTE]Hmmm, think I'll get Virtua Fighter 5, Hard Corps (despite having it on XBLA), & Sideway NY. Maybe Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light as well. Quite pleased at how many free games there are (though I've already got a huge backlog, so not sure when I'll be able to play some of those), though I wish there was some PS+ benefits for Vita.

[quote name='6er']If you let your subscribtion lapse/expire and then renew, do you regain access to all the PS+ you had "purchased" before the lapse?[/QUOTE]From what I understand, yes you do.

Nice. I knew I waited to renew for a reason.

I had some of those, but never finished due to trading in. Now I can download them at a great value.

I still have that Target 1 year $17 PS+ misprint.

The blog doesn't go into much detail but according to the EU blog, "...our subscribers would be better served by offering you more digital Blu-ray titles and top of the line PSN games, rather than scrabbling around to find a compelling PS one or minis titles." No more minis and PS One games for us too??? I'm fine with that though.

Also, "... most titles in SCEA Plus will stick around for 16 weeks before being refreshed – in SCEE we keep games for a maximum of 12 weeks, which means we rotate through more games in a full year."

And, "You’re getting 10 games up front and from next month, 3 of those games will change, and you’ll get at least 3 games per month thereafter." So I assume we get 12 upfront with 2 changing each month???

[quote name='whitereflection']Is it really Virtua Fighter 5 or VF5: Final Showdown? If the latter, that's incredible.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about the same thing.

From what I remember, the original PS3 release of VF5 was underwhelming. I don't think it even had online play. The 360 release fixed most of the issues and included a newer version of the game.

I don't think I'll download it if it's just the old PS3 release but if it's Final Showdown (I think that's the subtitle), I'm all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back