PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the best deal for buying PS+...

I have never felt a need for it before, but now it's almost too good to pass up (even though I platinumed Infamous 2 via rental and have SR2 free from SR3 and have a R&C:All for 1). I can trade in R&C to defer the cost of the subscription.

[quote name='mebegod']when did sony promise vita discounts or free vita games with ps+[/QUOTE]

It was one of the main points of the redesign on the ps blog. I hope they don't drop mini and ps one games from the plus service. Velocity was on of the best freebies from my early time with the service.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Aw crap! All 4 One is on there? Hmmm, now to decide if I should just trade in my physical copies of 4 of these damned games and use the money to just get a bigger hdd, hehe.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same position. I have 4 games which could basically net me a free year of PS+.

[quote name='mebegod']when did sony promise vita discounts or free vita games with ps+[/QUOTE]

This. I for one am happy they didn't throw Vita in the mix.

[quote name='6er']If you let your subscribtion lapse/expire and then renew, do you regain access to all the PS+ you had "purchased" before the lapse?[/QUOTE]

Yes, unless they change that, which I don't see happening.

[quote name='ynocturnal']The blog doesn't go into much detail but according to the EU blog, "...our subscribers would be better served by offering you more digital Blu-ray titles and top of the line PSN games, rather than scrabbling around to find a compelling PS one or minis titles." No more minis and PS One games for us too??? I'm fine with that though.

Also, "... most titles in SCEA Plus will stick around for 16 weeks before being refreshed – in SCEE we keep games for a maximum of 12 weeks, which means we rotate through more games in a full year."

And, "You’re getting 10 games up front and from next month, 3 of those games will change, and you’ll get at least 3 games per month thereafter." So I assume we get 12 upfront with 2 changing each month???[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing that. Here is the EU Blog post about it, which goes into infinitely more detail than the US blog does. It definitely sounds like they're doing away with giving away Minis and PSOne Classics, which is GREAT in my book. I didn't realize those were the games being removed from the offerings when they were saying they plan to give more "A quality games".

I still hope to see discounts on smaller PSN games though, too. Doesn't look like we get any of those this month, just the 12 free games. I'm not complaining, but I did kind of like how there were a couple benefits added each week. This month looks very top-heavy, with everything coming out today.

[quote name='Zbornak']Yes - all twelve listed in a previous post. You can only play them as long as you maintain your subscription, like most PS+ games. Tuesday should be an interesting day on PSN - tens of thousands of people all trying to download 100 GB of stuff at once.[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm ahead of the game. As of last night I'vedownloaded the Infamous 2 full game trial (done), Guardian of Light demo/trial (done), Zombie Apocolypse demo/trial (both of them done) Saints Row 2 full game trial (done) and now I'm on Ratchet & Clank full game trial ((21%).

So all I have to do is play the full trials today ( or activate them and let them expire) and by the time the store updates, Ill only have to download the unlock keys.
and LBP2.

Gosh, I wish I could get my PS3 back from Sony a little bit faster. It's been out of my hands for a week and half (it would power on but no picture, no matter what I tried) and they are taking their sweet sweet time with it. Sigh. I'm interested in LBP2 and inFamous 2, and maybe Lara Croft but I already have that and JC2 on the PC. This is exciting!

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Haha I'm ahead of the game. As of last night I'vedownloaded the Infamous 2 full game trial (done), Guardian of Light demo/trial (done), Zombie Apocolypse demo/trial (both of them done) Saints Row 2 full game trial (done) and now I'm on Ratchet & Clank full game trial ((21%).

So all I have to do is play the full trials today ( or activate them and let them expire) and by the time the store updates, Ill only have to download the unlock keys.
and LBP2.[/QUOTE]

Very clever of you, I herald your efficiency powers.

Does this PS+ update warrant it's own post on the front page? I'm sure there will be lots of new people interested in PS+ now, and lots of people don't bother digging into mega threads like this one.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does this PS+ update warrant it's own post on the front page? I'm sure there will be lots of new people interested in PS+ now, and lots of people don't bother digging into mega threads like this one.[/QUOTE]

A think a title change should be enough to get them in.

I've never considered buying into the PS+ program, but this might change that. Also, sorry if this has been asked a bazillion times before, but if I were to download these games, they're mine as long as I stay a PS+ member even if they expire from the offerings, right?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does this PS+ update warrant it's own post on the front page? I'm sure there will be lots of new people interested in PS+ now, and lots of people don't bother digging into mega threads like this one.[/QUOTE]

its already there

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I've never considered buying into the PS+ program, but this might change that. Also, sorry if this has been asked a bazillion times before, but if I were to download these games, they're mine as long as I stay a PS+ member even if they expire from the offerings, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You'll lose access to them if your subscription lapses.

Wonder how much spaces all those games are going to take up. I have a 120GB HD with 90GB of space left. I have a spare 320GB HD off an old laptop that I could swap but I'm not sure if its worth the hassle (I'm lazy) if I'm not going to need it. This would be my first year of PS+ so I'm not sure how much to expect in the future.

[quote name='louiedog']A think a title change should be enough to get them in.[/QUOTE]

Cool. My concern is this thread is going to be absolutely FLOODED with questions about how PS+ works, whereas a new thread could explain it all in the OP. See question below for perfect example: (No offense CrimsonPaw)

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I've never considered buying into the PS+ program, but this might change that. Also, sorry if this has been asked a bazillion times before, but if I were to download these games, they're mine as long as I stay a PS+ member even if they expire from the offerings, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mebegod']its already there[/QUOTE]

Where?

I like PSone classics, but I found myself never having the urge to play them, so I'm glad they're dropping those and minis for games that I'll more than likely play.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Morgan's comment on the PS Blog answered my question, that this update isn't even the full update for the month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-plus-e3-2012/#comment-722300

I didn't think Sony could improve on the best thing in gaming right now, but it honestly looks like they have (in my opinion, at least)[/QUOTE]
Then I don't get why this post doesn't have that stuff in it. It just sends the message that there's nothing else coming this month when it says it's the June Update post.

It basically seems like they're getting rid of the "You get two of these, one of those, two of that, and maybe one of these per month" part of PS+ and just letting it be any 12 games that can get up there now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Then I don't get why this post doesn't have that stuff in it. It just sends the message that there's nothing else coming this month when it says it's the June Update post.

It basically seems like they're getting rid of the "You get two of these, one of those, two of that, and maybe one of these per month" part of PS+ and just letting it be any 12 games that can get up there now.[/QUOTE]

Morgan says this just wanted to focus on this specific bump up in value, which I can understand. But I agree with you, by labeling it the "June Update" it totally sends the message that this is it.

My understanding is we'll still see discounts, avatars, and themes. But not minis or PSOne Classics. So I guess later in the month they'll announce the rest...

[quote name='tylerh1701'] Where?[/QUOTE]

you know thats a good question cause now I look and see nothing ....but I swear it was there

[quote name='tylerh1701']Morgan says this just wanted to focus on this specific bump up in value, which I can understand. But I agree with you, by labeling it the "June Update" it totally sends the message that this is it.

My understanding is we'll still see discounts, avatars, and themes. But not minis or PSOne Classics. So I guess later in the month they'll announce the rest...[/QUOTE]
They've conditioned us to expect just one post with everything that's coming for the month, which is how this is titled. I'd guess that there's more coming today, but they're just declining to post it now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Then I don't get why this post doesn't have that stuff in it. It just sends the message that there's nothing else coming this month when it says it's the June Update post.

It basically seems like they're getting rid of the "You get two of these, one of those, two of that, and maybe one of these per month" part of PS+ and just letting it be any 12 games that can get up there now.[/QUOTE]

Morgan himself said a couple of weeks back ( after the cryfest over the "$15" Rayman Origins snafu) that they are going to be more wary of announcing deals etc way in advance.
Even though it clearly states "Prices and content subject to change" on the blog post, it took a lot of unnecessary explaining to the kiddies that the deal wasn't happening.

So in the future I'd only expect to see upcoming deals that are locked-in.

It's the best move IMO.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Morgan himself said a couple of weeks back ( after the cryfest over the "$15" Rayman Origins snafu) that they are going to be more wary of announcing deals etc way in advance.
Even though it clearly states "Prices and content subject to change" on the blog post, it took a lot of unnecessary explaining to the kiddies that the deal wasn't happening.

So in the future I'd only expect to see upcoming deals that are locked-in.

It's the best move IMO.[/QUOTE]
They didn't say that they weren't posting any upcoming content at all, just the stuff that isn't 100% confirmed like Full Game Trials.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ore-update-239/comment-page-2/#comment-715984

[quote name='Nohbdy']Get the fuck out.[/QUOTE]

Calm down, buddy. I'm in the same boat as him. I'd much rather play it on Xbox to get some achievements while I play. Gotta problem with that? Tough.

[quote name='mebegod']the picture on the playstation blog shows final shodown[/QUOTE]

Does it really? The post on shoryuken.com says the picture is for the regular version of the game. Maybe they changed it, but I wouldn't put stock into what the picture shows, not that I could tell which game it's for anyway.

The EU blog post specifically states that it's Final Showdown. They trumpet that it's the definitive version and their Game of the Month, and note that it will be the first title rotated out. The EU post is much more detailed about everything. They've had more questions and they do a better job of answering them.

The US blog post only has 11 replies and he didn't answer my question regarding VF5. Could one of you also post a comment asking?

Some really good free games there.

I loved Infamous 2. A little better than 1, but not as exciting since it wasnt a new experience.

Lara Croft GOL is also a great PSN game. A lot of fun exploring, platofmring and shooting in that one.

I am glad I didnt buy Zombie Apocalypse, Sideway or Choplifter HD as I wanted to try all three and was definately buying Choplifter HD once it went on sale. But free is for me!

I may even try All 4 One and Warhammer now as well since they are free. I love Ratchet and Clank games, but wasnt excited about a MP version. We shall see.

Now to decide if I should just get rid of my huge backlog of disc games and go all digital. Due to plus I already have a backlog on my PS3 HDD of about 25 - 30 games. I cant possibly ever get to half of these with the little time I play now a days.

Wow, this is all great news. With my relatively limited gaming time, I haven't bought a game in a long time, and I don't see it happening any time soon - too many great free games to play!

Although I hope that they up the bandwidth from the PSN servers. Download speeds are only going to get worse with all the new people jumping onto PS+, and those full retail releases are big.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Get the fuck out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wow just wow....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']Calm down, buddy. I'm in the same boat as him. I'd much rather play it on Xbox to get some achievements while I play. Gotta problem with that? Tough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what they said!!! ;)

[quote name='whitereflection']Does it really? The post on shoryuken.com says the picture is for the regular version of the game. Maybe they changed it, but I wouldn't put stock into what the picture shows, not that I could tell which game it's for anyway.

The EU blog post specifically states that it's Final Showdown. They trumpet that it's the definitive version and their Game of the Month, and note that it will be the first title rotated out. The EU post is much more detailed about everything. They've had more questions and they do a better job of answering them.

The US blog post only has 11 replies and he didn't answer my question regarding VF5. Could one of you also post a comment asking?[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. The picture on the US PS Blog shows it's the Final Showdown version. Isn't that what you want to know?

Funny, I actually traded in a lot of the games on the freebie list over the course of the past two months. Now I get 'em again for free? PS+ is awesome.

Man I just looked at my System Settings for the first time since I installed my 500GB HDD into my 160GB PS3 3 weeks ago.
No movies, no music, just games, add-ons, game data, save data and demos.

I have 163GB left. LOL

And my Transaction History shows 908 downloads. I'm a digital junkie.

I love my 360 but PS+ destroys live. All these "free" games are great. Quick question. Once these are installed can i play them offline or do i need to be connected to the internet?

[quote name='lwhitit']I love my 360 but PS+ destroys live. All these "free" games are great. Quick question. Once these are installed can i play them offline or do i need to be connected to the internet?[/QUOTE]
You can play them however you like.

Depends on the game I think.

Heres an unrelated tip.
If you are downloading multiple things at once and you want to install a game, make sure you pause all the downloads before you click install.
The install just crawls along if you are backgrounding other things, but is a lot faster if nothing else is being downloaded.
Sure helps with these 15GB installs.

Damn, I hope my hdd can handle this, it's already almost full! Anyone want to play Ratchet and Clank together? It looks like a fun game for online co-op. If anyone wants to get together and play through the game let me know, my psn is SpaceSpaceSpace.

[quote name='Nimrodlic']When does the store usualy update?
its 20:30 PM here, and I really want to install the games before I go to sleep.[/QUOTE]

4-7pm EST, like every other week.

question for anyone... my ps3 just got YOLD shipped it out yesterday to get it fixed and i am a PS+ member.. but i wont get it back until prolly this games are no longer free.. is there any way i can 'buy' them to just download them when i get my ps3 back?

My experience has been that the downloads go much faster if you wait until Wed or later, since everyone is trying to dowload everything Tuesday evening after the update.

[quote name='Bos1014']question for anyone... my ps3 just got YOLD shipped it out yesterday to get it fixed and i am a PS+ member.. but i wont get it back until prolly this games are no longer free.. is there any way i can 'buy' them to just download them when i get my ps3 back?[/QUOTE]

Put your account on a friend's PS3, buy them from there, then delete the account from his ps3. Or call Sony and see if they can do something.

[quote name='Bos1014']question for anyone... my ps3 just got YOLD shipped it out yesterday to get it fixed and i am a PS+ member.. but i wont get it back until prolly this games are no longer free.. is there any way i can 'buy' them to just download them when i get my ps3 back?[/QUOTE]

There isn't, but if you sent it out yesterday, you should get your PS3 back before these games expire. It'll be cutting it close and you'll be anxious the entire time, though.

Whoa, Counterstrike GO is only $15 and will be available in August. Even if there is a marginal ps+ discount, I'll probably buy it at launch since I've had it with Brokenfield 3: EA sucks balls edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back