PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As I mentioned above, the system reserves so much of the HDD for system shit(firmware updates, etc), so you never truly have 100% of the HDD regardless of size.[/QUOTE]

I know that. You actually get about 111GB out of a 120GB HDD, but that still leaves me with ~30GB unaccounted for.

When I do the backup process, that backs up all of my accounts? Including ones that I've gameshared?

[quote name='Tsel']I know that. You actually get about 111GB out of a 120GB HDD, but that still leaves me with ~30GB unaccounted for.

When I do the backup process, that backs up all of my accounts? Including ones that I've gameshared?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, it will backup the account and what not, but you should deactivate the accounts, and then reactivate them on your new HDD to be safe.

Nothing, but the free stuff for me this week.

Let's see I have yet to download the free PS+ of the past like Far Cry 2 and Tomb Raider: Underworld.

So that puts my less than 10GB hard drive on life support, if I try to download those two along with the free 12 games for June. I'll definitely put the 12 in my download history.

[quote name='dino88']There's no reason anyone would have to clog up their HDD. You don't have to fully download and keep all 12 games on your hard drive. As long as you go through with the purchase and start the download, the games are yours for as long as you're a Plus member. Just go into your transaction history and download the games whenever you decide you want to play one.[/QUOTE]
Except I don't like downloading/installing shit unless I OWN it for good. That's why I've been slowly deleting the stuff I had downloaded during my 3-4 month PS+ 'membership'(from the free codes they sent out a while ago and one I got from a trade).

[quote name='metallicoholic']

For those that have used a laptop harddrive as a replacement in a PS3, how easy is the process? Do you literally just have to transfer the data from the old PS3 to an external HD and then insert the HD from the laptop? Do you need to clear out the HD from the laptop first or will the PS3 automatically clear it and format it?[/QUOTE]

For me my day went like this:

- Remove Laptop hard drive and put it in an enclosure. Hook up to other laptop and format the hard drive to Fat 32 (might be able to do it with PS3 but I'm not sure.)
- Download PS3 Update off internet and save to USB Drive.
- Take out old PS3 hard drive, inset old laptop hard drive. PS3 formats again (which is why I said maybe PS3 can do it) and uses update from USB. Sign back in as PS+ user and download all my game saves.
- Take old PS3 hard drive and put it in my old laptop. Windows 8 Release Preview disc and my laptop is back to the way it was.

[quote name='Havok83']I cant believe Sony is releasing all those on day one instead of rolling them out slowly over the next few weeks
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I thought they were going to do the 3 he spoke of...Infamous 2 and two others. Not all at once!:bouncy:

Pretty amazing. I counted 7 retail releases out of the 12? PS+ just keeps getting better. Before E3 Conference we all heard it was going to be a "PS+ revamp" but this looks good. Will be interesting to see how many/what they add to "Instant Game Collection" in July. Either way the value of PS+ just skyrocketed.

Anyone else notice that "Mini" Kaleidoscope is free too? So I wouldn't worry about PS1 classics/minis being removed, they'll just update later.

I seem to have run into a problem. Checking Space available I have a whopping 6 gigs of 150 free :lol:. Better start deleting shit I don't play, lol.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Dang, looks like all the stuff the OP listed as "ends 6/5" already ended :([/QUOTE]

Sales start and end with store updates. When the new batch is up, the expiring stuff is gone.

These PSP Games and Minis have been added to the Vita's store:

PSP
Ape Escape: On The Loose
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Cars 2: The Video Game
The Con
Gangs of London
Go! Puzzle
Gravity Crash Portable
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
Hot Shots Tennis: Get A Grip
Kingdom of Paradise
Lemmings
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Medal of Honor: Heroes
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
MediEvil Resurrection
Mortal Kombat: Unchained
Numblast
Piyotama
Pursuit Force
Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign
Scrabble
The Sims 2
The Sims 2: Castaway
The Sims 2: Pets
Super Stardust Portable
Talkman Travel: Paris
Talkman Travel: Rome
Talkman Travel: Tokyo
WipEout Pulse

Minis
Best of Solitaire
Denki Blocks!
Edge
I Must Run!
Mad Blocker Alpha
M.O.Z.O.X.: Space Salvager
Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder
Revoltin’ Youth
Speedball 2: Evolution

The new Mini for PS+, Kaleidoscope, is transferable to Vita.

We’ll have an update today, as well as additional content arriving on Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the blog for these subsequent updates.
We get 2 more store updates this week. :D

[quote name='dino88']There's no reason anyone would have to clog up their HDD. You don't have to fully download and keep all 12 games on your hard drive. As long as you go through with the purchase and start the download, the games are yours for as long as you're a Plus member. Just go into your transaction history and download the games whenever you decide you want to play one.[/QUOTE]

you need to understand that people here hoard games

so if it's not downloaded on to their hard drive, they "don't" have the game

an unlock key isn't good enough for a hoarder, the game has to be ready for them to play whenever they want it

i dont have any room on my hdd, but if you just start the download/cancel or just buy it, then i think you are good to re download whenever you want. no need to start the downloads and pause it in your queue. just go to download list and restart whenev you want or even the psn store page. i hope so anyway cuz that's what i did with trine 2 and shank 2 and shift 2... ;)

[quote name='htz']We get 2 more store updates this week. :D[/QUOTE]
Don't get your hopes up. They're mostly about adding the new E3 trailers and the press conference. Here are some examples of previous day 2/3 updates in past years:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8551913&postcount=7244
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7313340&postcount=5343
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7318650&postcount=5345

I omitted day 3 from last year since that was just after PSN came back, so they still had content to put up.

[quote name='Velo214']i dont have any room on my hdd, but if you just start the download/cancel or just buy it, then i think you are good to re download whenever you want. no need to start the downloads and pause it in your queue. just go to download list and restart whenev you want or even the psn store page. i hope so anyway cuz that's what i did with trine 2 and shank 2 and shift 2... ;)[/QUOTE]
As long as you reach the download page where you can start the download, it's in your download list.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']loving this update here. a bit of a troll to anyone who bought JC2 last week though.[/QUOTE]

Kinda the way I look at it is, with the amount of time I'll be putting into jc2, I think I'd rather own it and not just "borrow" it. Plus 11 other games really isn't to shabby.

[quote name='Tsel']I know that. You actually get about 111GB out of a 120GB HDD, but that still leaves me with ~30GB unaccounted for.

When I do the backup process, that backs up all of my accounts? Including ones that I've gameshared?[/QUOTE]

Any movies, music or photos on it? Are you downloading anything right now?

[quote name='mitch079']Any movies, music or photos on it? Are you downloading anything right now?[/QUOTE]

I have three downloads at 0%, all paused. No music, movies, or photos. I honestly don't know where these GBs are.

[quote name='Tsel']I have three downloads at 0%, all paused. No music, movies, or photos. I honestly don't know where these GBs are.[/QUOTE]
Downloads reserve the space that they're going to take up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Downloads reserve the space that they're going to take up.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Even if they're at 0%? Heh, well there's about 20 more gigs.

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']

I'm also really glad I paid the extra few dollars for a 500GB hard drive when I upgraded :D[/QUOTE]
I wish 500GB HD's were cheaper. They are still fucking expensive.

[quote name='Tsel']Seriously? Even if they're at 0%? Heh, well there's about 20 more gigs.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it tries to keep you from downloading more than you can handle.

Did you also count all the installed game data that wasn't digital downloads?

Seeing all the HDD talk, I was wondering if an external hard drive would be good, as well? Would there be things I couldn't do with an external HDD as opposed toreplacing the internal HDD?

[quote name='Regian']Seeing all the HDD talk, I was wondering if an external hard drive would be good, as well? Would there be things I couldn't do with an external HDD as opposed toreplacing the internal HDD?[/QUOTE]
You can't put games on an external hard drive if that's what you're asking. Saves are the closest thing that you can put on an external drive, but not to load/save on.

[quote name='pedrobeara']you can't do much of anything with an external HDD[/QUOTE]
Um not true at all.

The only thing you can't do is use it on games, whether they be downloaded from PSN or installed from disc. Music, movies, pictures all work. Plus you can back up most of your game saves (anything that isn't copy protected).

Very unimpressive update to PSN+, especially considering all the hype prior to this "big" E3 announcement. Nothing for Vita and I'm a little ticked that I bought JC2 a few days ago on their big sale, then they offer it free. Nice way to piss off your subscribers. That's kind of a joke, also with Infamous 2. Like they say "let's run these games on a big 50% off sale for + subscribers, then a few days later let's offer them free...lol." Sony continues to make stupid decisions.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Very unimpressive update to PSN+, especially considering all the hype prior to this "big" E3 announcement. Nothing for Vita and I'm a little ticked that I bought JC2 a few days ago on their big sale, then they offer it free. Nice way to piss off your subscribers. That's kind of a joke, also with Infamous 2. Like they say "let's run these games on a big 50% off sale for + subscribers, then a few days later let's offer them free...lol." Sony continues to make stupid decisions.[/QUOTE]

I think its an impressive update with all the games...but boy am I glad that I didn't buy any of the games that were 50% off last week. I was tempted but had too much of a backlog. I will admit that is a bit of a big screw you to all the people who bought them to now offer them free.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Very unimpressive update to PSN+, especially considering all the hype prior to this "big" E3 announcement. Nothing for Vita and I'm a little ticked that I bought JC2 a few days ago on their big sale, then they offer it free. Nice way to piss off your subscribers. That's kind of a joke, also with Infamous 2. Like they say "let's run these games on a big 50% off sale for + subscribers, then a few days later let's offer them free...lol." Sony continues to make stupid decisions.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are a whiny bitch. I own all but one of those games, and spent over 30$ each.. and I still think its a great sale.

That is an extremely impressive update, great games. I am just glad my friend will finally have SR2, and R+C so we can play together.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can't put games on an external hard drive if that's what you're asking. Saves are the closest thing that you can put on an external drive, but not to load/save on.[/QUOTE]

Blast. So internal is the way to go, then?

Is it easy to swap 'em out? Usually anything I take apart spontaneously combusts into flames.

they aren't giving you all the DLC for either game for free and on top of that some of us prefer to buy the game so that if we ever let our Plus subscription lapse or expire we can still play it having gotten it for a very good deal still

So it looks like I will be able to get:

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
Choplifter HD

I own the rest of the games and I'm happy with this update. It would be great to get 12 games you don't own but if your a PS+ member there is a good chance you've purchased some games from previous sales.

Can't help but laugh when people complain about games being FREE for PS+. Remember nobody made you click Confirm Purchase at checkout. If you purchased it then it was a good enough deal. Right?

People here need to remember there will be more free games in the future. If you want to wait around years for a certain game to go free on PS+ then to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can understand being pissed if I had just bought one or two of those Ultimate Editions. I'd be a bit miffed over that, and it does defy logic (you almost have to try to not have the foresight about offering the same games in both promotions)

But GTFO if you think this is a "very unimpressive" update. What the hell would they have had to do to please you if including a dozen games in one month including some AAA retail titles is not enough?

I actually thought it would be a big "business partnership" like with Gakai or something (since that was the rumor, I figured somehow it would tie in to PSN+). But to be honest here, since I only have 1 of these games, and I don't care about cloud streaming or streaming games, this is the best possible deal they could have announced. From a business perspective it seems to be a bit of a whiff as there isn't any real news. But as a consumer it's freiking amazing. I have my doubts as to whether future months will come anywhere close to this one, but this one month basically covers me for the entire year anyway and makes PSN+ easily worthwhile to keep going for me.

Slightly off-topic, but is there any way to force your PS3 to continue downloading games while you're playing an online game? All of my downloads are paused whenever I play any game that has online multiplayer functionality, such as LittleBigPlanet 2 (in LBP2's case, this occurs even when playing single-player and setting all multiplayer options to auto-reject).

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']My God... why would anybody not have PS+?[/QUOTE]
Because it's fifty bones a year and I don't get to keep anything I download while on it except the themes/avatars, none of which are worth over $.50-$1 a pop to me?:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because it's fifty bones a year and I don't get to keep anything I download while on it except the themes/avatars, none of which are worth over $.50-$1 a pop to me?:roll:[/QUOTE]

Don't count out games you pay for with discount of any sort...

[quote name='Josh1billion']Slightly off-topic, but is there any way to force your PS3 to continue downloading games while you're playing an online game? All of my downloads are paused whenever I play any game that has online multiplayer functionality, such as LittleBigPlanet 2 (in LBP2's case, this occurs even when playing single-player and setting all multiplayer options to auto-reject).[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I dont think so. Even games where you are not technically playing online, if they have leaderboards or any other sort of online tie in it seems like they all take over your connection and don't allow you simultaneously to download.

I had the same thought as you. I guess I will be catching up on games with no online (like Sly Colleciton and God of War Collection). It will take forever to download these PSN+ goodies even if I leave my PS3 on all the time. Literally like a week or more for me (several of the games are pushing 15GB).

[quote name='Agent Orange']Unfortunately I dont think so. Even games where you are not technically playing online, it seems like they all take over your connection and don't allow you simultaneously to download.

I had the same thought as you. I guess I will be catching up on games with no online (like Sly Colleciton and God of War Collection). It will take forever to download these PSN+ goodies even if I leave my PS3 on all the time. Literally like a week or more for me (several of the games are pushing 15GB).[/QUOTE]
Dang, that's too bad. Thanks for the confirmation, though.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Slightly off-topic, but is there any way to force your PS3 to continue downloading games while you're playing an online game? All of my downloads are paused whenever I play any game that has online multiplayer functionality, such as LittleBigPlanet 2 (in LBP2's case, this occurs even when playing single-player and setting all multiplayer options to auto-reject).[/QUOTE]
Did you try logging out of PSN? You don't need to be online to continue downloading that stuff.

[quote name='ProAnon']Don't count out games you pay for with discount of any sort...[/QUOTE]
That's few and far between though. The last game I think I bought from the Playstation Store was a $.99 Mini(5-in-1 Arcade, which is fun as hell on both PSP/PSPGo AND PS3). Before that was World Gone Sour for $5.

I rarely buy stuff unless it's on some sort of a sale(non PS+ usually except for the last 3-4 months) and it has to be $5-10 MAX usually.

Or you could have gotten in on the 15 dollar deal. I did and don't regret it considering how many free games I now have. Thinking about trading in my infamous 2 physical copy actually. Used the hero edition code already so no need to keep the disc around.

Like the update but my ass kinda smarts from buying Just Cause 2 this am before the update. Agree that it's a bit disingenuous to offer a discount one week and make it free the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back