PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looks like you can buy VF5 Complete Edition even if you grabbed the normal version for free, so if you want to own that game, there's your chance.[/QUOTE]

So the one on offer (as part of the Instant Game Collection) isn't the Final Showdown edition?

[quote name='honkyjesus']Anybody else having probs with the Infamous 2 Plus download? I got it installed, 15GB holy shnikes, and it shows up as a trial.

Some say completing the sixty minute trial on the Playstation Europe blog makes it then work. Anybody run into that problem? Silly me I deleted the damn thing without trying it first.[/QUOTE]

I had that exact problem. Game loaded and started fine but I saw it was the trial. Stopped game and when the hour ran out (and I wasn't playing at the time) I tried to restart the game and got message that the download was corrupted and was told to delete and re-install. In process of downloading now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']By the way, for PS+ people that have a bunch of new games to play, you should check out the DLC to grab the freebies that some of them offer.

Choplifter HD - Zombie! Zombie! Zombie! Level Pack - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chaos Parachute - Free
Just Cause 2 - Tuk Tuk Boom Boom - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chevalier Ice Breaker - Free
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Character Pack 1 - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Community Costume Winner - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Kabuki Actor Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack-Eating Plant Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack in the Box Costume - Free
Saints Row 2 - The Unkut Pack - Free

And if you were proactive before, there were numerous free holiday costumes for LBP 1 and 2 that you may have in your download history to redownload. The second challenge pack for Lara Croft was also free at launch, so if you thought ahead, you should download it to go with your game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list Frisky! :applause:

[quote name='gubmccargen']I'm so disappointed that Sony separates their downloadable retail games from the disc games in regards to saves. I have saves of all the new free titles from the discs so now the digital versions are almost worthless to me. What a bizarre decision by Sony.

As far as I know the non-Sony full titles don't have this same issue as they don't have the (Digital) title tag like the Sony titles. I have yet to test this yet, though. Has anyone else?[/QUOTE]
Not sure where you got this info but all of my saves from discs work...

[quote name='gubmccargen']I'm so disappointed that Sony separates their downloadable retail games from the disc games in regards to saves. I have saves of all the new free titles from the discs so now the digital versions are almost worthless to me. What a bizarre decision by Sony.

As far as I know the non-Sony full titles don't have this same issue as they don't have the (Digital) title tag like the Sony titles. I have yet to test this yet, though. Has anyone else?[/QUOTE]

to my knowledge saves should be compatible unless it is a different edition (for example assassin's creed deluxe edition will not be compatible since there is no deluxe edition on disc) or for certain bundles

[quote name='Jesse757x']Not sure where you got this info but all of my saves from discs work...[/QUOTE]

Sly collection save doesn't work for individual games I know that- but infamous 2 works for me

R&C All 4 One also does not work to import existing saves as I just tried to tonight. I wish I could try LBP2 but it looks like I lost my old save when reformatting for a new system. Infamous 2 is installing now and then I will test it as well. I'm glad to hear that it is working for others.

Edit: Okay, Infamous 2 worked for me, too. I guess it's a mixed bag.

[quote name='warreni']So the one on offer (as part of the Instant Game Collection) isn't the Final Showdown edition?[/QUOTE]

It is. The Complete Edition comes with all the DLC, which in this case, is clothes.

I think what he was referring to is that you usually can't buy games that you grab for free from PS+, but in this case, you can.

[quote name='gubmccargen']R&C All 4 One also does not work to import existing saves as I just tried to tonight. I wish I could try LBP2 but it looks like I lost my old save when reformatting for a new system. Infamous 2 is installing now and then I will test it as well. I'm glad to hear that it is working for others.

Edit: Okay, Infamous 2 worked for me, too. I guess it's a mixed bag.[/QUOTE]
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is the only game of the batch that didn't work with the retail save for me.

My just cause 2 save from years ago works.... and my space marine at least saved my custom multiplayer appearance, didnt check single player. there are only a couple games that don't share save data such as burnout paradise.

glad I was only on the second level of ratchet. Do they trophies go off the same group?

[quote name='whitereflection']It is. The Complete Edition comes with all the DLC, which in this case, is clothes.

I think what he was referring to is that you usually can't buy games that you grab for free from PS+, but in this case, you can.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation, as I wasn't sure I was keen on getting a download for the exact game I already had in disc form.

[quote name='topplehat']Kinda bummed about those incompatible saves. Seems like a Sony thing to do though.[/QUOTE]

has nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with the developer.

With all the talk of bandwith caps, I remembered an interview in a PC magazine with a bigshot of a company that makes the network stuff for the big cable internet companies.

All you need to know:

Cost of data streaming is pennies on the GB.

Think about that. Hate your cable company yet?

It was in Maximum PC if anyone wants to dig it up, they put everything online for free. Pretty sure it was from 5-15 months ago. I think I just recycled it. :(

[quote name='6er']With all the talk of bandwith caps, I remembered an interview in a PC magazine with a bigshot of a company that makes the network stuff for the big cable internet companies.

All you need to know:

It was in Maximum PC if anyone wants to dig it up, they put everything online for free. Pretty sure it was from 5-15 months ago. I think I just recycled it. :([/QUOTE]

It might only cost them a few bucks to give people 250 GB of bandwidth, but Comcast sends me at least $30 worth of junk mail a month to try and sell me TV and phone service that I don't want.

Saw on Twitter that some people can't access PSN. I was on it fine an hour ago, so it's not fully down.

@PlayStation: We are aware that some of you are having issues accessing PSN, and we're working to restore service to all. Thank you for your patience.

a few questions.
1. If I have PS+ do I get to keep the games that came out this year. Like even after subscription cancels.
2. If i buy a ps+ card now, can I still download all these games?

[quote name='Rosterking']a few questions.
1. If I have PS+ do I get to keep the games that came out this year. Like even after subscription cancels.
2. If i buy a ps+ card now, can I still download all these games?[/QUOTE]

1. No
2. Yes

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']By the way, for PS+ people that have a bunch of new games to play, you should check out the DLC to grab the freebies that some of them offer.

Choplifter HD - Zombie! Zombie! Zombie! Level Pack - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chaos Parachute - Free
Just Cause 2 - Tuk Tuk Boom Boom - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chevalier Ice Breaker - Free
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Character Pack 1 - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Community Costume Winner - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Kabuki Actor Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack-Eating Plant Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack in the Box Costume - Free
Saints Row 2 - The Unkut Pack - Free

And if you were proactive before, there were numerous free holiday costumes for LBP 1 and 2 that you may have in your download history to redownload. The second challenge pack for Lara Croft was also free at launch, so if you thought ahead, you should download it to go with your game.[/QUOTE]

Hope I don't forget this! Thanks!

Wait are the saves between the digital/physical copies not the same/compatible? I was a few levels into all 4 one and now I have to restart it. Great job Sony! 2 steps forward, three back.

[quote name='panda911']Wait are the saves between the digital/physical copies not the same/compatible? I was a few levels into all 4 one and now I have to restart it. Great job Sony! 2 steps forward, three back.[/QUOTE]

Oh no! A few levels!?!? That's fucked up.

yeah. i remember back in the day when my ps1 memory cards would erase. a few levels isn't much compared to playing all through final fantasy 7 again ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is the only game of the batch that didn't work with the retail save for me.[/QUOTE]

Well, damn, of all those games (besides LBP 2 for which I'm keeping the disc anyway) that was the one I was furthest along in.

[quote name='6er']With all the talk of bandwith caps, I remembered an interview in a PC magazine with a bigshot of a company that makes the network stuff for the big cable internet companies.

All you need to know:

It was in Maximum PC if anyone wants to dig it up, they put everything online for free. Pretty sure it was from 5-15 months ago. I think I just recycled it. :([/QUOTE]

I didn't see the cap discussiom, but I had to dump my cable company (Wave Broadband) in favor of my local phone company because a cap. They instituted a 100GB cap last summer with I think a $10 charge for every 25GB over that. With Netflix and my son playing online all the time not to mention the occasional 4-6GB game download we were hitting 100-125 GB pretty regularly. My local phone company offered faster service (via fiber optic they installed a few years ago), cheaper, without the need for a cable modem, and with no cap! Plus they gave me an iPod Touch for switching ;).

All you need to know:

I've hated Comcast and their price gouging for a while now. Only problem is that around here(northeastern PA) we only had ONE cable company here(Verto, then Adelphia and now Comcast) and the idiots in government here signed an agreement with them for years and years for some $$$ from the companies.

So unless we wanna go to satellite we're screwed for options here.

Sorry if this was answered before : Does the LBP 2 Special Edition bonus stuff on the SE disc work with the HDD game version? I assume not.

[quote name='Decker']Sorry if this was answered before : Does the LBP 2 Special Edition bonus stuff on the SE disc work with the HDD game version? I assume not.[/QUOTE]
From what people have said, your assumption is correct.

Hardest choice about signing up for PS+, aside from a great internet connection that always seems to die (in the whole house) anytime I try and download a patch to a game or DL too much from PSN (I played through Max Payne 3 offline and unpatched after having to resent my internet five or six times over the course of an hour trying to get it patched before finally giving up) is still having an 80GB MGS4 PS3 (with backwards compatibility I still use and don't want to give up) that I know will fill up with all of these awesome free games!

[quote name='Matt Young']Looks like LBP2, R&C All 4 One, and inFAMOUS 2 are all distinguished as "digital versions". Meh.[/QUOTE]

Motorstorm too, for European users.

[quote name='Matt Young']Looks like LBP2, R&C All 4 One, and inFAMOUS 2 are all distinguished as "digital versions". Meh.[/QUOTE]

Whats the difference?

Anybody else buy the mortal kombat 9 game off psn? I bought it last week when it was on sale and am having some severe stuttering/slowdown. If I uppercut to end match right before the finish him/her comes onscreen the games stutters/freezes for few seconds. Its also happened a few times when I haven't uppercutted to end match. I used to own the disc version and never ever had this happen. Could it have something to do with their digital version?
UPDATE: deleted all files off hd, re-downloaded just regular mk game and it works perfect, no stuttering at end. Then re-downloaded the dlc characters and skin packs and the frakn stuttering is back. It has something to do with the dlc causing it.

Infamous 2 and LBP2 worked with my disc saves.

[quote name='jhferry']Waiting on a deal for Infamous FOB.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they'll give it for free eventually. There's already been 2 sales on it (20% off and 50%) for PS+ members

platted infamous 1 in the past few months. Fantastic game!
and that sucks Ratchet All 4 One doesn't work with previous saves. already had the plat for that game and a fully upgraded Captain Quark, but the kids and I can always play it again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back