PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
How the shit do you download record of agarest 2 trial? It's 14gb, I have 22 but get an error message. Is the idea that I need double to download, then install it? Why the shit wasn't that mentioned anywhere?

[quote name='ijustw1n']How the shit do you download record of agarest 2 trial? It's 14gb, I have 22 but get an error message. Is the idea that I need double to download, then install it? Why the shit wasn't that mentioned anywhere?[/QUOTE]

You need to have double the space of the content that you're trying to download. In your case, if the game is 14gb, then you need 28 free to install it.

Does anybody understand how the Vita save system works? I was able to go from retail to download with Gravity Rush and keep my saves but i can't do the same with Virtua Tennis. Is this because I created a save file with Gravity Rush whereas VT autosaves?

Anyone know how Best Buy's online DLC purchases work?

Do they e-mail you the code, or do they do something like Gamestop and force you to print out a coupon which you bring to the store where they give you the DLC code (at least, that's what happened when I redeemed a Crash Bandicoot DLC code on Gamestop's rewards site)?

Reason I'm asking is because I'll buy a Fat Princess code from them if they just e-mail codes, but I'm not gonna drive 15-20 minutes each way to the store if they operate similar to Gamestop.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Anyone know how Best Buy's online DLC purchases work?

Do they e-mail you the code, or do they do something like Gamestop and force you to print out a coupon which you bring to the store where they give you the DLC code (at least, that's what happened when I redeemed a Crash Bandicoot DLC code on Gamestop's rewards site)?

Reason I'm asking is because I'll buy a Fat Princess code from them if they just e-mail codes, but I'm not gonna drive 15-20 minutes each way to the store if they operate similar to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they'll just email it to you.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']From what I can tell, Virtua Tennis 4 saves to the game card while Gravity Rush doesn't, so maybe that is the deciding factor? Did the PSN version of Gravity Rush just add on to the icon that you already had or did it create a new icon?[/QUOTE]

It just created a new icon while VT4 prompted me to delete the retail icon before I could install the DDL icon.

[quote name='jwk94']Does anybody understand how the Vita save system works?[/QUOTE]

It's on a "per-game" basis with game cards. Some will save on the card itself, others to the Vita memory card.

some of bestbuy's dlc is on the receipt the moment you check out online, some is emailed to you within 15 minutes. wink wink nod nod.
i have gotten every online dlc bestbuy sells for ps3 in the last week...

and damn these dyad trophies are kinda tough to get... it's just tough enough getting 3 stars to unlock the trophy challenge...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/22/the-drop-week-of-july-23rd-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – Heroes from the DC Universe join up with the Caped Crusader to root out evil in LEGO Batman 2: Super Heroes. The Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the villains back behind bars.

Malicious – In the action game Malicious, you are a “Spirit Vessel,” called into the world by the Prophets to vanquish evil. Armed with the “Mantle of Cinders,” a cloak that can absorb power from destroyed objects as well as shift form, you wage battle with the “Malicious.”

Rather than crawling through lengthy dungeons to find and defeat enemies, this game gives you the power to select whichever stage you want and jump directly into epic boss battles in whatever order you please. Upon defeating each boss, you’ll absorb its power to obtain new and unique abilities, so the choice is yours as to how you’ll progress. In the end, however, you have one goal — prepare to face the ultimate evil, Malicious!

Puddle (PS Vita) – The player must work with friction, momentum, and the unique properties of each type of fluid and environment to send as much of each puddle past fires, rifts, potential spills and more. But watch out: the fluid motion is realistic!

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City – Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third person team based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe and a reinterpretation of the events depicted in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W’s) add to the mix as players not only compete against an opposing squad but also tackle this third unpredictable element, creating a brand new style of gameplay and breaking the conventions of traditional team based shooters.

Foosball 2012 (PS3 and PS Vita w/ PS Move Support) – Enjoy one of the most popular sports in the world from the comfort of your home on PS3, or enjoy it anywhere on PS Vita and challenge your friends in a local multiplayer for up to four players and online multiplayer and leaderboards. With support for optional single-or double-controller PlayStation Move play (standard DualShock control is also featured) allowing for tight and fast gameplay control, Foosball 2012 is the supreme experience for table soccer fans.

Demos
Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Puddle (PS Vita)

minis
Wizorb
Gang Wars
I Kill Zombies
Time Soldiers
For PlayStation Plus:

Deals
The Expendables 2: The Videogame - $11.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme - Out 7/31
Malicious - $7.99

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Heard Malicious is good. I'm psyched.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I actually went with PSN+ so I could get this and other games going forward at a discount. Hope this one lives up to the hype.

Would totally love to have Global Offensive on PS3, but with them supporting keyboard and mouse, it would just be pointless in my living room. Guess I'll stick to the PC version and perhaps get the 360 version as well.

[quote name='handsomepete']Why am I still holding off on buying Virtua Tennis 4? I've been wanting to play it since launch.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same reason I've yet to purchase Hot Shots Vita. About to pull the trigger, though.

I just can't bring myself but buy VT4. Not a tennis fan, so that would take a lot of the enjoyment out of it, even if it is fun and looks great

Still fighting myself on VT4 personally lol. It looks good, but at the same time i could use the money toward other things.

Plus im pretty sure by the time i get around to playing it the price will have dropped on the retail version anyway. (Just got 6 games to add to my backlog, plus 2 new games i want in the next 2 weeks)

lol I am fighting myself too, my reasoning is I'd rather have the retail version, but how long til the retail hits that low? Even used copies are still sitting at 30. Decisions.. Decisions!

[quote name='RiPPn']lol I am fighting myself too, my reasoning is I'd rather have the retail version, but how long til the retail hits that low? Even used copies are still sitting at 30. Decisions.. Decisions![/QUOTE]

Same, i havent brought a retail game on PSN yet. I just prefer having the cartridge.

Who knows, maybe the price will drop soon. It was a launch title, i'm just surprised it held the price this long

my girl was on the fence about VT4, i reset her vita, use my Japanese account, download the demo for the game, she was very grateful i did, awesome graphics, boring as fuck, i do hope there's more vita deals, she loved rayman on my ps3 and played the demo on the vita and loved it

[quote name='dgwillia006']Same, i havent brought a retail game on PSN yet. I just prefer having the cartridge.

Who knows, maybe the price will drop soon. It was a launch title, i'm just surprised it held the price this long[/QUOTE]

Same. I think I have eight Vita games now, one of which I just finished, one that was Wipeout which I beat the campaign for, and Uncharted which I got about four chapters in to, so far. The others I simply opened so I could put in my case and I then wouldn't need to bring along the cases when I traveled. Good thing is one of the games was Rayman for $20. :D

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']Has there been a discount on Journey yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It was $11.99 at one point.

Edit: To be clear, it was a PS+ discount.

[quote name='quasar502']Probably the same reason I've yet to purchase Hot Shots Vita. About to pull the trigger, though.[/QUOTE]

I had always wanted to get Virtua tennis and I finally did last week before the sale. Luckily the girl at game stop let me return it in which I got $40 psn credit for that and something else. I am not a Tennis fan by any means but, this actually is a really fun game. If you are on the fence I would highly suggest it especially for $19. On a side note I was thinking of using some of my credit to get Persona 3. I have never actually played a Persona game but, I have heard good things and wanted to give it a go to see if I should get Persona 4 on vita. My question is which version is better? The ps2 or psp version or is there no difference?

[quote name='kygad'] On a side note I was thinking of using some of my credit to get Persona 3. I have never actually played a Persona game but, I have heard good things and wanted to give it a go to see if I should get Persona 4 on vita. My question is which version is better? The ps2 or psp version or is there no difference?[/QUOTE]

Get the P3P version. It looks nice and plays well on the Vita.

Dyad demo out today for people wanting to give the game a try before deciding to get or not.

Store has already updated also, nice and early.

[quote name='rpghope18']Dyad demo out today for people wanting to give the game a try before deciding to get or not. It's up via store search already, enjoy![/QUOTE]

So according to their post, the Dyad sale continues through this week. But the OP and PS Store suggest that the sale ends today. So maybe they've extended it another week for the demo? That would be very nice of them.

EDIT: The update is up. Not much that we didn't already know about, except for a WWE sale.

I already picked up Rainbow Moon and Dyad this morning since I knew I wanted them. I will agree though that extending the sale for Dyad is a smart move, since I know a lot of people wanted to try a demo before buying. So it will probably increase the sales for it now.

[quote name='spatenfloot']Get the P3P version. It looks nice and plays well on the Vita.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was thinking that was the best route to go. I know this game is a few years old. Has it aged pretty well? With never playing the series I really don't know what to expect.

[quote name='kygad']Yeah I was thinking that was the best route to go. I know this game is a few years old. Has it aged pretty well? With never playing the series I really don't know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Expect awesomeness. I started the p3p version on my psp, got about halfway and never finished before selling my psp last year... and forgot to transfer my save first. I grabbed the ps3 version last month for the cheap $10 price and happily started that, but kind of missed having it on the go. I got super excited when the sale came up this month, and it has turned my Vita into a Persona 3 machine since I grabbed it. You'll miss out on some of the (excellent) voice work and some anime cut-scenes on the Vita - but I kind of felt like the different look between the anime cut-scenes and the in-game stuff bugged me a little after having played so much of of the p3p version.

Either way, it is my intro to the series and it completely sold me. The fighting is fun, but really the draw of the game is the social link stuff - where your ties to people in the daytime fuel your Personas at night. Really cool system and some good storytelling along the way. It's probably one of my favorite RPGs I've played.

for persona 3. fes is the best ver out there imo.

p3p loses the great presentation that fes and vanila had. also loses some anime cut scenes.

fes has all that vanilla had and more. more events more social links. it also comes with the answer which will take you like 30- 50 hours to beat.

if you are wondered about saving then just get p3p then. I have played all three vers. they are all good so either one you get, you won't have buyers remorse

man malicious comes out today :D can't wait to get it :D

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
The Expendables 2: The Videogame - $14.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme - Out 7/31
Worms 2: Armageddon Game of the Year - $27.49

Minis
Breakquest - $0.99

Add-ons
Record of Agarest War 2 - Right to the Blacksmith Pack 5 - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Overtake Your Rival Pack 2 - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Right to the Blacksmith Pack 6 - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Right to the Blacksmith Pack 7 - Free
White Knight Chronicles II - Artifact Plans (Black Knight Sword) - Free
White Knight Chronicles II - Artifact Plans (Sun King Sword) - Free
White Knight Chronicles II - Artifact Plans (Dragon Knight Spear) - Free
White Knight Chronicles II - Artifact Plans (White Knight Sword) - Free
WWE ’12 - Fan Axxess - $5.99
WWE All-Stars - Million Dollar Pack - $0.99
WWE All-Stars - All-Time Greats Pack - $1.99
WWE All-Stars - American Dream Pack - $0.99
WWE All-Stars - Southern Charisma Pack - $1.49
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - Fan Axxess - $4.99
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - WWE Discount Pack 1 - $3.49
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - WWE Discount Pack 2 - $1.49
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 - Roster Update - $2.49
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 - Roster Update 2 - $2.49
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 - Stone Cold Steve Austin - $0.49

Themes
Shark Week Dynamic Theme - $1.99

PlayStation Plus

Deals
The Expendables 2: The Videogame - $11.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme - Out 7/31 - Ends 7/31
Foosball 2012 - $5.99 - Move Compatible - Includes Vita Version
Foosball 2012 - Vita - $5.99 - Includes PS3 Version
Malicious - $7.99

Full Game Trials
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 5.97 GB

Dynasty Warriors 7

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='handsomepete']hmmm, I can feel my virtua-tennis-skipping-regret building up. guess I'll need to play some more hsg to make up for it![/QUOTE]

It's still showing up on the Vita store with the plus and 19.59 price.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Oh come on, it doesn't look that bad.[/QUOTE]

Which game are you trashing? Cause Nier is pretty kick ass and highly underrated imo.

[quote name='Velo214']i heard it was like megaman but straight to the boss fights. i have no idea
also bayonetta and nier were both awesome.[/QUOTE]
podcast beyond much?

i dont know what that means... (edit- ok awesome. never heard of that podcast in my life, ill check it out sometime... maybe they stole the quote from me, in the future?)

[quote name='Velo214']i dont know what that means...[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they said that about Malicious on Podcast Beyond or a podcast titled Beyond?

These games have been added to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP
Beaterator
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Resistance: Retribution

Minis
Canabalt
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims
Velocity

Wizorb also works via transfer from a PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back