PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LazyTriangle']I agree themes aren't my thing either, I wish they would give us something else for pre-ordering any sort of dlc would work for me. I mean I have had the same Playstation Home beta theme installed on my PS3 for years, its perfect, really clean looking icons one of the best themes I have seen for PS3, the background image isn't good at all but you can easily change it to something else.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwTaon7IB2Q

[quote name='Decker']A question for someone in the know : it shows Walking Dead Part 2 as "Add On Content". Does that mean I need to keep Part 1 on my HDD after I finish the game if I want to play Part 2?[/QUOTE]

New "episodes" like WD2 will install into the same game file, so you'll just have one Walking Dead game in y our XMB and part 2 appears in your episode list. There are 5 episodes total, I think.

I must say I played the first hour or so of ep 1 last night and really liked it. I didn't care much for Sam and Max or Back to the Future, but this game is fun, interesting story, good control scheme, cool game mechanics.

[quote name='GT']New "episodes" like WD2 will install into the same game file, so you'll just have one Walking Dead game in y our XMB and part 2 appears in your episode list. There are 5 episodes total, I think.

I must say I played the first hour or so of ep 1 last night and really liked it. I didn't care much for Sam and Max or Back to the Future, but this game is fun, interesting story, good control scheme, cool game mechanics.[/QUOTE]

I played about 20 minutes of episode 1 and was bored. Those type of games just aren't for me at all.

Somehow glazed over the fact WD was the new free games. Hope that's not it otherwise I'm still waiting for a free game I care about playing this year. :\

[quote name='randomdud']That's an awesome R&C theme! What's it called? Want it for my PS3 versus the concept art one I have going right now.[/QUOTE]

Not sure on the name, off the top of my head, but it isn't available anymore. Was only available as a redeem code for a loyalty program Sony did called Playstation Rewards (not the House Party dealio). Not many people have it, but I absolutely love it.

Where is "Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move"?

I've searched for it and can't find it anywhere. I searched under "sackboys'" and "prehistoric" and "moves"

[quote name='ProAnon']Not sure on the name, off the top of my head, but it isn't available anymore. Was only available as a redeem code for a loyalty program Sony did called Playstation Rewards (not the House Party dealio). Not many people have it, but I absolutely love it.[/QUOTE]
Ah, man. :cry: Well, still really cool to see in action.

On the topic of themes: I have the Sound Shapes theme as well as the Popa & Yo theme, and while both are very pretty and clean, the text for each icon at the bottom partially overlaps the icon. It's tacky as hell and makes it damn near impossible to read. Anyone else experiencing this and know if there's a way to fix it?

i got my Legendary avatars from that playstation loyalty rewards thinger. and damn i miss house party...

also Silent Hill news from joystiq - Konami has finally issued a long-awaited patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Silent Hill HD Collection. It's intended to resolve frame rate and audio synchronization issues, among other things. The Xbox 360 compilation, meanwhile, won't be patched due to "technical issues and resources."

To recap for those of you following at home: Xbox 360 technical issues cannot be corrected due to technical issues.

[quote name='Velo214']i always just have the default ps3 theme cuz i love the color changes... and then they added the sparkles, but whatever still cool. and it gets darker at night and brighter at day, too cool. [/QUOTE]

you can still access the original theme without sparkles its offered.

does anyone know if the addons for SSHD add a lot of content?

[quote name='Velo214']To recap for those of you following at home: Xbox 360 technical issues cannot be corrected due to technical issues.[/QUOTE]

In other words, the amount of money that Microsoft charges to release patches plus the amount of copies that the Silent Hill HD Collection sold did not, in Konami's mind, justify the time and effort towards making a patch on the :360:.

[quote name='Bosamba']In other words, the amount of money that Microsoft charges to release patches plus the amount of copies that the Silent Hill HD Collection sold did not, in Konami's mind, justify the time and effort towards making a patch on the :360:.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I was always under the assumption that the Xbox version performed SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER than the PS3 version did at launch. I thought the PS3 patch was simply to get it on par with the Xbox version, so I don't know why all the major video game news outlets are making such a big deal about it.

SOURCE: Research I did before buying the game (Message boards, reviews, and Youtube videos). I bought it for PS3 anyway cuz of the double plat and the talks of a coming patch.

yeah i thought the same thing tyler. maybe it was the universal frame rate drops in sh3? i know the ps3 was getting tons of bugs, but thought it was like bayonetta where they were just trying to get the two on par. im just hoping dawnguard is being held off for skyrim like fo3/nv and not 'problems running on ps3'.

[quote name='nixmahn']Where is "Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move"?

I've searched for it and can't find it anywhere. I searched under "sackboys'" and "prehistoric" and "moves"[/QUOTE]
PS3 > PS3 Games By Genre > PlayStation Move Games > LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

According to a post at NeoGAF, one of the two PS+ games for next week will be Outland. From the comments Sony made, it sounds like the other will also be a PSN game, even though it's replacing a retail game :(

[quote name='Zbornak']According to a post at NeoGAF, one of the two PS+ games for next week will be Outland. From the comments Sony made, it sounds like the other will also be a PSN game, even though it's replacing a retail game :([/QUOTE]

Outland's cool, but it's kinda old. I like getting 3-6 month old games. And I don't know which system I have Outland on already, hopefully 360!

Naw Both versions of the game were jacked up :whistle2:#.

PS3 users supported the title more so they got the patch.

Also dont forget about the Japanese fan base who 99% has ps3's

[quote name='doc_j88']Naw Both versions of the game were jacked up :whistle2:#.

PS3 users supported the title more so they got the patch.

Also dont forget about the Japanese fan base who 99% has ps3's[/QUOTE]I have to wonder if the series's Japanese roots were much of a factor in how the patch was handled. The collection was developed in America. The US version also sold about three times as many copies as it did in Japan. But who knows, you could be right.

I dunno how many of you guys got it, but it seems that Sony is sending out codes for the developer beta for PS All-Stars Battle Royale. It's more of a stress test beta than anything else from what the email suggests.

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $14.99, $11.99 for PS+ - Pre-order w/exclusive theme - Ends 8/21
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
Papo & Yo - $14.99, $11.99 for PS+

PS2 Classics
Shinobi - $9.99

Demos
Hustle Kings
Madden NFL 13
Papo & Yo

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet 2
Quantum Conundrum

Vita Demos
Madden NFL 13

Coming to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP
MLB 2K12
Susume Tactics

Minis
Kaleidoscope

Deactivations on PSN:

PS1 Classics
Kyuiin - $5.99
Magical Drop F - $5.99

Really want motorstorm apocalypse deus ex and dead space 2 as free-

Can't believe Europe gets that and I get squat (bought walking dead season pass now which is a waste of money)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...a-stellar-sale/comment-page-1/#comment-742431

Seems that the Super Stardust HD bundle is supposed to have the Impact Mode DLC, but is bugged right now. If you buy it now, you'll get a message with a code for it in about a week or so, but you can wait until Tuesday and get it all at once.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']you can still access the original theme without sparkles its offered.

does anyone know if the addons for SSHD add a lot of content?[/QUOTE]
From the wiki:

The Solo add-on pack (released in April 2008 and available for download via the PlayStation Store) adds several extra gameplay modes. Endless Mode pits the player against a continuous onslaught of rocks and enemies, gradually speeding up the action over time. Survival Mode challenges the player to last as long as possible while the playfield is filled with indestructible objects. Bomber Mode challenges players to score as many points as they can using only bombs and a single life – primary weapons and the boost ability are disabled. Time Attack mode challenges the player to complete a planet's worth of rocks and enemies in the shortest time possible - losing a life in this mode incurs a 3-minute penalty.

The Team Pack was also released on July 2, 2008, which includes split-screen co-op and player versus player modes. The pack also offers an additional orchestral soundtrack in 5.1 surround and the ability to customize the player ship's appearance.

Impact Mode, released on April 2011 on the PlayStation Store, introduces much higher score multipliers. With weapons disabled in Impact Mode, the primary mode of attack is a modified version of the ship's boost capability, which remains active as long as there are targets to attack nearby.

When will people stop looking at what other regions get and complaining that they don't get the same stuff? Different regions get different things for any number of reasons. It's been like this since the 8-bit generation, maybe even longer. Get over it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I dunno how many of you guys got it, but it seems that Sony is sending out codes for the developer beta for PS All-Stars Battle Royale. It's more of a stress test beta than anything else from what the email suggests.[/QUOTE]

I got in it. ...... YAY :drool:

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Any idea how? Is it just totally random, or did you sign up for something?[/QUOTE]

I signed up when I believe the Playstaion blog said to sign up or may'be another news site said to sign up.

html_images_b_2.jpg

PS® Plus member exclusive: Only members have FREE access to these great titles. Check 'em out!

Not sure if this was posted already, but I got this in an email and this makes it seem like outland will be free next... Really great game, but I am sure a lot own it already.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Really want motorstorm apocalypse deus ex and dead space 2 as free-

Can't believe Europe gets that and I get squat (bought walking dead season pass now which is a waste of money)[/QUOTE]

Deus ex is currently $5.98 at most Targets, Dead Space 2 has been $7.99 6 8 months ago and M:A was $15 during the holidays. While "holding out" for free is ideal, these games have been beyond cheap, able to play and trade in for a profit each time, and you sit and covet what others are getting. I hope we don't get those 3, I've bought them all twice.

If you liked Ikaruga, Outland is the same style (color swap to absorb bullets and deal more damage), but as a platformer. Momentum and ground physics make it somewhat imprecise and hard to deal with. It was fun though.

I was debating starting up Walking Dead, but I didn't realize it wasn't complete and is far behind schedule. I only have 3 months of Plus from the codes I got, so I'm not sure what to do. The problem I foresee is that since you need ep 1 to enable the rest, then once my ep 1 expires from losing Plus, I effectively lock out the rest of it even if bought normally (or would it not work that way?).

[quote name='istillw1n']Deus ex is currently $5.98 at most Targets, Dead Space 2 has been $7.99 6 8 months ago and M:A was $15 during the holidays. While "holding out" for free is ideal, these games have been beyond cheap, able to play and trade in for a profit each time, and you sit and covet what others are getting. I hope we don't get those 3, I've bought them all twice.[/QUOTE]

While the games you mention have been fairly cheap a lot of places, please dont give misleading info. Target price drops are VERY YMMV. And stock is rarely plentiful at those prices except for old sports games so it isnt like getting games at the prices you listed in target is a given.

[quote name='Jodou']Never heard of Outland; was it any good?[/QUOTE]

I am playing through Outland little by little. Its a fun game, not much too it though. At least not yet. OH and the art style /graphics are very cool.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']
html_images_b_2.jpg

PS® Plus member exclusive: Only members have FREE access to these great titles. Check 'em out!

Not sure if this was posted already, but I got this in an email and this makes it seem like outland will be free next... Really great game, but I am sure a lot own it already.[/QUOTE]
Outland! That's fantastic news! I really wanted to play it but it came out when I was too busy and never got back around to playing it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']When will people stop looking at what other regions get and complaining that they don't get the same stuff? Different regions get different things for any number of reasons. It's been like this since the 8-bit generation, maybe even longer. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

It's more than the difference in content - it's the apparent attitudes of Sony Europe and Sony America. The E3 announcement of the Instant Game Collection was very impressive and I'm assuming it cost Sony a lot to get the rights to release all those games free for PS+. As a consumer, it's always nice to see companies seeming to want your business and treating their customers well, and that's exactly what SCEE is doing. SCEA is doing the opposite. They promote Plus even less than they used to and seem to want to give their customers the least they can while still fulfilling their obligations. People were upset that the July update contained only PSN games, so instead of listening to them and adding some retail games, they give us even less - a $10 partial game, another $10 PSN game that's been on sale for $5 more than once, and what sounds like another PSN game. When they said they'd be replacing 3 games each month, I doubt anyone thought they'd all be PSN games, but that's what it looks like they're doing.

If Sony had never done the Instant Game Collection thing, I think people would still be happy with PS+. They set up certain expectations, and now they're falling very far short of them. I still think PS+ is a great value and will most likely be a subscriber as long as they offer the service. However, it's hard not to feel let down by SCEA and their apparent disinterest in pleasing their customers. The almost laughable difference between the US and European offerings just adds salt to the wound.

Woah, Outland is free? Got it on XBLA when it came out & really liked it. Think I'll replay it again on PSN. AkariK pretty much explained it best: Ikaruga, but as a Metroid-style platformer.

[quote name='Zbornak']It's more than the difference in content - it's the apparent attitudes of Sony Europe and Sony America. The E3 announcement of the Instant Game Collection was very impressive and I'm assuming it cost Sony a lot to get the rights to release all those games free for PS+. As a consumer, it's always nice to see companies seeming to want your business and treating their customers well, and that's exactly what SCEE is doing. SCEA is doing the opposite. They promote Plus even less than they used to and seem to want to give their customers the least they can while still fulfilling their obligations. People were upset that the July update contained only PSN games, so instead of listening to them and adding some retail games, they give us even less - a $10 partial game, another $10 PSN game that's been on sale for $5 more than once, and what sounds like another PSN game. When they said they'd be replacing 3 games each month, I doubt anyone thought they'd all be PSN games, but that's what it looks like they're doing.

If Sony had never done the Instant Game Collection thing, I think people would still be happy with PS+. They set up certain expectations, and now they're falling very far short of them. I still think PS+ is a great value and will most likely be a subscriber as long as they offer the service. However, it's hard not to feel let down by SCEA and their apparent disinterest in pleasing their customers. The almost laughable difference between the US and European offerings just adds salt to the wound.[/QUOTE]
The promotion got me to sign up. I've been moderately ok with the offerings so far. I would love to see some more retail games I haven't already played all the way through... and it does seem like SCEA has an attitude of "well, we got their money and they're not leaving so don't bother." They didn't get my money! Some random Joe, who stole a whole box of free year coupons from E3, got my money and I have no current plans to renew if this is all we're getting.

[quote name='Jodou']Never heard of Outland; was it any good?[/QUOTE]

It's great! I'm going to try to play it again in coop on the PSN. Nice offer by PS+ offering a high quality titles, not just trash.

[quote name='Zbornak']However, it's hard not to feel let down by SCEA and their apparent disinterest in pleasing their customers. [/QUOTE]

No it's not.

[quote name='Zonic505']Woah, Outland is free? Got it on XBLA when it came out & really liked it. Think I'll replay it again on PSN. AkariK pretty much explained it best: Ikaruga, but as a Metroid-style platformer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Outland is a blast, it's a lot easier than Ikaruga too.

[quote name='wrencrest']While the games you mention have been fairly cheap a lot of places, please dont give misleading info. Target price drops are VERY YMMV. And stock is rarely plentiful at those prices except for old sports games so it isnt like getting games at the prices you listed in target is a given.

I am playing through Outland little by little. Its a fun game, not much too it though. At least not yet. OH and the art style /graphics are very cool.[/QUOTE]

If you care enough to get it, you could be proactive, contact me or check the target thread where I posted there are 14 copies of Deus ex, ask for me to pick one up and now there's less whining on the forums. Little bit of work but the less whining upside is great to me.

Sound Shapes plays beautifully on the Vita. I first tried it on the PS3 and enjoyed it. I loaded it up on the Vita last night. The controls are super responsive. This game is a great handheld game reminded me how the Rayman Demo played on the Vita. I will play it on the Vita primarily cause I can imagine the later levels will have some crazy platforming.

This game is well worth the price for PS+. Even $14.99 is worth it for Sound Shapes.

I can see this being a top download for Vita easily.

[quote name='Bumslie']Sound Shapes plays beautifully on the Vita. I first tried it on the PS3 and enjoyed it. I loaded it up on the Vita last night. The controls are super responsive. This game is a great handheld game reminded me how the Rayman Demo played on the Vita. I will play it on the Vita primarily cause I can imagine the later levels will have some crazy platforming.

This game is well worth the price for PS+. Even $14.99 is worth it for Sound Shapes.

I can see this being a top download for Vita easily.[/QUOTE]
I love the game, but may god have mercy on your soul when you get to death mode. I have never wanted to rage quit a game so frequently in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back