PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='o0achilles0o']I love the game, but may god have mercy on your soul when you get to death mode. I have never wanted to rage quit a game so frequently in my life.[/QUOTE]

Can you give a quick description of death mode besides dying? Can you only die 1 time per level.

You know a game with so many checkpoints would eventually have parts that are a PITA.

[quote name='Zonic505']Jet Set Radio confirmed for $10, coming Sept. 11th for PS+ user, 18th for everyone else. Vita version coming Oct. 16th.[/QUOTE]So are the PS3 and Vita getting separate versions? SEGA's blog made it seem like they'd cost $9.99 EACH. Hopefully they clear that up, otherwise I'm just waiting till October.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $14.99, $11.99 for PS+ - Pre-order w/exclusive theme - Ends 8/21
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
Papo & Yo - $14.99, $11.99 for PS+

PS2 Classics
Shinobi - $9.99

Demos
Hustle Kings
Madden NFL 13
Papo & Yo

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet 2
Quantum Conundrum

Vita Demos
Madden NFL 13

Coming to the Vita's PS Store:

PSP
MLB 2K12
Susume Tactics

Minis
Kaleidoscope

Deactivations on PSN:

PS1 Classics
Kyuiin - $5.99
Magical Drop F - $5.99[/QUOTE]

Glad to see that Papo and Yo will have a demo. They've hyped this game for a long time just on its concept, which is pretty unique/interesting. I've seen very little in the way of gameplay, though.

[quote name='PimpLimp']So are the PS3 and Vita getting separate versions? SEGA's blog made it seem like they'd cost $9.99 EACH. Hopefully they clear that up, otherwise I'm just waiting till October[/QUOTE]The Vita version is suppose to have some touchscreen exclusive features, so I'd assume they're separate. It'd be cool if there was a bundle, but since it's coming out a month later, I doubt it.

glad i bit on sound shapes, its pretty cute and after the plus discount and play cashback its not that badly priced. If you don't have payday get that bundle!

now are either of the sshd addons worth it at 3.19 each? i have the vanilla and don't play it too much because i found it pretty damn hard.

[quote name='Zonic505']The Vita version is suppose to have some touchscreen exclusive features, so I'd assume they're separate. It'd be cool if there was a bundle, but since it's coming out a month later, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]Oh, didn't know about any touchscreen features. And yeah that was pretty much my logic as well. Oh well, I have no problem waiting for the Vita version.

[quote name='Zonic505']Jet Set Radio confirmed for $10, coming Sept. 11th for PS+ user, 18th for everyone else. Vita version coming Oct. 16th.[/QUOTE]

Day 1! So glad a majority of the soundtrack survived too. One of my fave OSTs. Now if only there was a way to get the graffiti from my VMU into it...

[quote name='PimpLimp']Oh, didn't know about any touchscreen features. And yeah that was pretty much my logic as well. Oh well, I have no problem waiting for the Vita version.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's mainly for graffiti spraying. There's also suppose to be some feature making use of the Vita's camera (maybe making custom graffiti of pictures you take?), but Sega hasn't announced what it is yet.

[quote name='Bumslie']Can you give a quick description of death mode besides dying? Can you only die 1 time per level.

You know a game with so many checkpoints would eventually have parts that are a PITA.[/QUOTE]

Death mode involves you and a timer of somewhere between 15 and 30 seconds and you have to collect a certain number of coins. That in itself doesn't sound that hard, but you're put in a single screen with deadly crap everywhere, and the coin locations are completely random every time you play. So if you don't get good coin placement the level is essentially impossible. It's 90% luck and 10% skill. It pisses me the fuck off.

yeah i thought death mode was gonna be limited lives or such, but not at all. the main game is pure skill but the death modes are mostly luck. just like 30 sec max mini games. super fun.
i can't get the beat school beats tho, my audio powers are limited.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i thought death mode was gonna be limited lives or such, but not at all. the main game is pure skill but the death modes are mostly luck. just like 30 sec max mini games. super fun.
i can't get the beat school beats tho, my audio powers are limited.[/QUOTE]

Ok death mode does sound like a PITA but I'm going to try to plat this game eventually.

I don't think it can be anything harder than trying to pass levels in Dyad but I could be wrong.

[quote name='Bumslie']Ok death mode does sound like a PITA but I'm going to try to plat this game eventually.

I don't think it can be anything harder than trying to pass levels in Dyad but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't find the death mode levels fun at all, simply because of the ridiculous luck involved. If the coins spawned in the same pattern each time I wouldn't have a problem with it because at least then you could practice the pattern and get better each time. As it stands, it's a total crapshoot as to whether it's even possible to beat the challenge. It's a nasty bruise in an otherwise excellent game.

I only had trouble in 3-4 of the Death Mode levels, and I think my time stamps prove it (I doubt I took more than 30 minutes per level, and less than 5 in some cases). I have a huge gap somewhere in the middle because I quit to play Dark Souls for a bit, so I probably could have had the plat much faster even.

Yes, there's luck involved in a couple levels, but since they are so short, it's easy to manipulate - a few of them I would just kill myself when I saw bad placement on 3 in a row, or even if the first one was too far away. I even wrote up a quick guide for it on ps3t.

Beat School mode can be brute forced if you care to do that, but there's a guide with pictures for it, so you don't even need to.

Overall, I'd probably rate the game a 3/10 or so in difficulty. Not like Malicious, which I want to give a 10... that last boss is impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']Jet Set Radio confirmed for $10, coming Sept. 11th for PS+ user, 18th for everyone else. Vita version coming Oct. 16th.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully it gets a proper retail release with all the HD collections springing up now. Otherwise I'd rather pull out the ole Dreamcast and just play the original.

[quote name='AkariK']I only had trouble in 3-4 of the Death Mode levels, and I think my time stamps prove it (I doubt I took more than 30 minutes per level, and less than 5 in some cases). I have a huge gap somewhere in the middle because I quit to play Dark Souls for a bit, so I probably could have had the plat much faster even.

Yes, there's luck involved in a couple levels, but since they are so short, it's easy to manipulate - a few of them I would just kill myself when I saw bad placement on 3 in a row, or even if the first one was too far away. I even wrote up a quick guide for it on ps3t.

Beat School mode can be brute forced if you care to do that, but there's a guide with pictures for it, so you don't even need to.

Overall, I'd probably rate the game a 3/10 or so in difficulty. Not like Malicious, which I want to give a 10... that last boss is impossible.[/QUOTE]
Just found your guide in the forum... thanks - I'll give it a look-see.

[quote name='AkariK']I only had trouble in 3-4 of the Death Mode levels, and I think my time stamps prove it (I doubt I took more than 30 minutes per level, and less than 5 in some cases). I have a huge gap somewhere in the middle because I quit to play Dark Souls for a bit, so I probably could have had the plat much faster even.

Overall, I'd probably rate the game a 3/10 or so in difficulty. Not like Malicious, which I want to give a 10... that last boss is impossible.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty spot on, don't be scared off by the death mode - it really is more about rhythm (and luck of course) than skill - there's a few levels you could probably do with your eyes closed if you just listen. A fair sight less frustrating than trying to 100% all the missions in umvc3 - but I am only halfway through death mode at the moment so maybe my tune will change.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']I don't find the death mode levels fun at all, simply because of the ridiculous luck involved. If the coins spawned in the same pattern each time I wouldn't have a problem with it because at least then you could practice the pattern and get better each time. As it stands, it's a total crapshoot as to whether it's even possible to beat the challenge. It's a nasty bruise in an otherwise excellent game.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to get it unlocked this weekend and give it a shot. I will remember about coins appearing in different spots. Sound Shapes is a blast so far.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So, the Payday bundle is on sale but what about us that already have Payday? No deal on the stand alone DLC?[/QUOTE]
It just came out.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/10/july-2012-psn-top-sellers-the-walking-dead-takes-the-lead/
The Walking Dead returns! After dominating the top spot in May, the Telltale Games team took the top slot once again in the month of July when Episode 2’s Add-On spurred gamers to download the core game more than any other title last month.

Though Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is well-represented on the PS Vita charts, it was the augmented reality game Table Top Tanks that actually snagged the top spot in July. Escape Plan saw a boost, due in part to its new Underworld DLC, but I’m sure we’re all curious to see if Sound Shapes makes the charts next month.

Check out the others below, and let us know what you think in the comments!

Movers and Shakers

• The Walking Dead – The release of the second episode, Starved For Help, spurred strong pickup for the Walking Dead, landing the apocalyptic title in the top spot for July.
  • Rainbow Moon – A potent debut for this well-liked PS3-exclusive strategy RPG. Who says Eastern RPGs are dead?
  • Batman: Arkham City – The release of Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises may have something to do with Arkham City’s nabbing the number 10 spot. Or maybe Batman is just awesome.
  • Dyad – The exclusive PSN racer/puzzle/shooter hybrid managed to debut at number 12 in July. Try it, you’ll like it!
  • Quantum Conundrum – The physics-based puzzler from one the driving forces behind Portal struck a chord with gamers in July, landing it at number 17.

Top 20 PSN and PS3 Full Games

1. The Walking Dead – Episode 2 – Starved For Help
  2. Rainbow Moon
  3. inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
  4. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
  5. Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
  6. Journey
  7. Shadow of the Colossus
  8. Fight Night Champion
  9. I Am Alive
  10. Batman: Arkham City
  11. Grand Theft Auto IV Digital
  12. Dyad
  13. Gotham City Impostors
  14. Crysis
  15. MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2
  16. The House of the Dead III
  17. Quantum Conundrum
  18. Castle Crashers
  19. The Amazing Spider-Man
  20. REAL STEEL

Top 10 PS Vita Games

1. Table Top Tanks
  2. METAL GEAR SOLID: HD COLLECTION
  3. Escape Plan
  4. Gravity Rush
  5. Hustle Kings PS Vita
  6. Pure Chess PS Vita
  7. Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
  8. PulzAR
  9. Pinball Arcade PS Vita
  10. Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

Top 5 PS3 Add-Ons

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Collection 2
  2. FIFA Soccer 12 – PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO
  3. Mass Effect 3 – Premium Spectre Pack
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Collection 1
  5. DC Universe Online – R&D Scanner Two-Pack

Top 5 PSone Classics

1. LEGEND OF DRAGOON
  2. FINAL FANTASY VII
  3. FINAL FANTASY IX
  4. FINAL FANTASY VIII
  5. Crash Bandicoot

Top 5 PS2 Classics

1. Need for Speed Most Wanted
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
  3. BloodRayne 2
  4. Max Payne
  5. Odin Sphere

Top 5 PSP Games

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
  4. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  5. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Add-ons
Quantum Conundrum

Minis
Kaleidoscope

Deactivations on PSN:

PS1 Classics
Kyuiin - $5.99
Magical Drop F - $5.99[/QUOTE]

Quantum Conundrum add on? Sweet.

I could have sworn Kaleidoscope was already released...and free to PS+ also.

Not that any of the deactivated games are games I care about, but the premise saddens me. Wonder how many are sold the last week and if they should just offer a sale before the digital license is up?

Legend of Dragoon at #1 Top PSOne Classics again, yay!

I kept hoping Magical Drop F would get a PS+ discount. Or it did and I missed it. I guess I'll add it to the collection before it vanishes.

On the Sega blog they didn't mention any PS+ discount, but I'm hoping it gets a 20% discount and I'll probably check it out. I've never played a second of it before.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So, the Payday bundle is on sale but what about us that already have Payday? No deal on the stand alone DLC?[/QUOTE]

Like Frisky said, it just came out on Tuesday. Why would they discount their brand new content?

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Quantum Conundrum add on? Sweet.

I could have sworn Kaleidoscope was already released...and free to PS+ also.

Not that any of the deactivated games are games I care about, but the premise saddens me. Wonder how many are sold the last week and if they should just offer a sale before the digital license is up?

Legend of Dragoon at #1 Top PSOne Classics again, yay![/QUOTE]

Since those are both Monkey Paw games (if I'm not mistaken) apparently they have a limited license to sell them on the US store, if worse comes to worse since they aren't translated, you could always buy them on the HK or JPN store if you really wanted to play them.

i wasnt paying attention to the dates but that playstation battle royale is only live today from noon til tomorrow night at midnite and then next weekend. peace

[quote name='Halo05']I kept hoping Magical Drop F would get a PS+ discount. Or it did and I missed it. I guess I'll add it to the collection before it vanishes.[/QUOTE]

They used to be half off for PS+ before that whole hack situation :drool:

[quote name='tylerh1701']On the Sega blog they didn't mention any PS+ discount, but I'm hoping it gets a 20% discount and I'll probably check it out. I've never played a second of it before.[/QUOTE]Instead of a discount, PS+ users get the game a week early. I recall they did it with Journey, though I think that's the only other game to which the PS+ bonus was getting it earlier than everyone else.

[quote name='Zonic505']Instead of a discount, PS+ users get the game a week early. I recall they did it with Journey, though I think that's the only other game to which the PS+ bonus was getting it earlier than everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I see. Would much rather have $2 off.

If I had playstation plus I would pick up Sound Shapes. I am just hesitant to get anything for my Vita otherwise. Everything I bought at launch is getting a price drop or has been on sale already. I'm done supporting systems at launch.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I see. Would much rather have $2 off.[/QUOTE]
Me too with any other game than Jet Set Radio. :) Words cannot express how pumped I am for this. $10 is a hell of a deal.

well, i really loved smash brothers melee for gamecube, and this playstation all stars battle royale is no smash... i know its just a beta, but this should be $10-15 on psn and then i would wait for a sale. just too much confusion onscreen and the camera isnt worked out right and from the characters in the beta (fat princess, radec, sweet tooth, parappa, kratos) sweet tooth is crazy over powered with left or right triangle being an over powered shot gun blast and his level 1 special an instant kill/s.

hopefully all these issues are fixed on release, but playing the beta made this a maybe purchase into a wait for sale.

[quote name='Velo214']well, i really loved smash brothers melee for gamecube, and this playstation all stars battle royale is no smash... i know its just a beta, but this should be $10-15 on psn and then i would wait for a sale. just too much confusion onscreen and the camera isnt worked out right and from the characters in the beta (fat princess, radec, sweet tooth, parappa, kratos) sweet tooth is crazy over powered with left or right triangle being an over powered shot gun blast and his level 1 special an instant kill/s.

hopefully all these issues are fixed on release, but playing the beta made this a maybe purchase into a wait for sale.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I've heard that the beta is kinda rough. I really want PSASBR to be as good as Smash Bros, but most signs seems to point to that not happening.

[quote name='Velo214']... but playing the beta made this a maybe purchase into a wait for sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here, if I end up even purchasing it at all.

i still think the game will be great, and there's still a lot of time from the beta til the release. making a beta was a fantastic decision on their part. just hopefully enough of those involved are mature enough to give them good feedback on the game.

i must confess i was a smash addict tho. i never got into wii/brawl with the super moves, but my bro and I have battled smash for past 10 years or whatever, and it used to be the staple group party game. I'm always Link, my bro was Fox, etc. So i wasn't expecting Psasbr to be as tight as those games, but it just lacks something. Smash had you getting those high percentages and super knock out of bounds, but this just seems like hitting air and nothing happening til you get a special meter then you go pop and hope you get a kill. and the camera, altho probly gonna get fixed, but smash had it better 10 years ago. this is a pulled back all level view camera and your character is so hard to keep track of, especially when more than 1 of same character on screen. also going from player 1 red to player 3 green or whatever between every round is just such a headache. maybe its cuz smash was a local game and this is online, but just seems like work needs to be done to outsmash smash. peace all

yeah i gave the same feedback everyone else did. and yeah i like this beta, as it is 'finished' they said they are just playtesting the game.
the file size kinda shocked me too, i know limited characters, no fmvs, etc, but 356meg and then like a 100 meg patch is a tiny file. is this supposed to be retail or psn release?

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Death mode involves you and a timer of somewhere between 15 and 30 seconds and you have to collect a certain number of coins. That in itself doesn't sound that hard, but you're put in a single screen with deadly crap everywhere, and the coin locations are completely random every time you play. So if you don't get good coin placement the level is essentially impossible. It's 90% luck and 10% skill. It pisses me the fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Hey o0achilles0o I got death mode unlocked yesterday. Holy shit you were right when you talked about luck of the placement of coins. I got a few of the levels done but damn does it give a challenge. I can see why someone would want to rage quit.

Also I thought the Beck tracks were like playing a Beck video. Loved how the lyrics just came out of objects in the level. I want more campaign levels damnit!

[quote name='Bumslie']Hey o0achilles0o I got death mode unlocked yesterday. Holy shit you were right when you talked about luck of the placement of coins. I got a few of the levels done but damn does it give a challenge. I can see why someone would want to rage quit.

Also I thought the Beck tracks were like playing a Beck video. Loved how the lyrics just came out of objects in the level. I want more campaign levels damnit![/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm up to 4/20 death mode levels done and I don't know if I'll ever finish the other ones. They're so infuriating. The Beck levels were definitely the highlight of the game for me - I love the Cities track. I'm throwing money at the screen for some DLC albums but nothing's happening.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Yea, I'm up to 4/20 death mode levels done and I don't know if I'll ever finish the other ones. They're so infuriating. The Beck levels were definitely the highlight of the game for me - I love the Cities track. I'm throwing money at the screen for some DLC albums but nothing's happening.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I encounter a game where I struggle a lot I will take a short break from it. One game that I need to go back to was the Challenge of the Gods for the GoW1. I can get to challenge 10 but struggle and then take a break from getting frustrated. I will get past it eventually.

I would take the same approach on death mode. Just play it here and there and eventually you will get a placement of coins that will work. It will be a pain but its possible. You know they have have a good game cause people already want DLC levels.

take it easy

I just platted Sound Shapes yesterday and not ONCE was I ever so frustrated that I had to quit. I actually found the game and Death Mode pretty addicting. Once I got used to the obstacles and rhythm in a level, I wouldn't want to quit for fear of losing what progress I had made in getting used to said level. Event Horizon #1 was without a doubt the level I had the most trouble with in Death Mode though. And I thought I'd end up dreading Beat School but after the first few levels it was surprisingly easy.

All in all, Sound Shapes is without a doubt my favorite Vita game so far. And it's absolutely PERFECT for DLC. Not only in adding more albums but adding more tools to the level creator too.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/12/the-drop-week-of-august-13th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Papo & Yo – Papo & Yo is the story of a young boy, Quico, and his best friend, Monster. Monster is a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth, but that doesn’t scare Quico away from playing with him. That said, Monster does have a very dangerous problem: an addiction to poisonous frogs. The minute he sees one hop by, he’ll scarf it down and fly into a violent, frog-induced rage where no one, including Quico, is safe. And yet, Quico loves his Monster and wants to save him.

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy – CSI: Fatal Conspiracy features five connected cases that will allow players to experience an authentic crime-solving video game with real CSI characters, heart-pounding interrogations and enhanced graphics.

Demos

Papo & Yo
PS3 and PS Vita Madden NFL 13
Hustle Kings

PlayStation 2 Classic

Shinobi – Following a massive earthquake, Tokyo lies in ruin as mysterious forces seek out and obliterate what is left of the Oboro clan. In this rebirth of the classic SEGA action franchise, you take the role of Hotsuma, leader of the Oboro clan, as he battles through the demon-filled streets of a post-apocalyptic Tokyo in search of answers.

Using a unique stealth-dash technique, Hotsuma has the ability to move from enemy to enemy so quickly that a ghostly after image is left behind. This not only confuses Hotsuma’s enemies, but is also a key component in chaining attacks together to consecutively destroy hordes of enemies. “Ninja Magic” also provides Hotsuma with the upper hand in more desperate situations. In addition, Hotsuma has mastered the ability to run along walls, as well as scale buildings to reach hidden areas and special foes.

This is what will be expiring for PS+ on Tuesday:

Deals
Mad Riders - $8.99
Sound Shapes - $11.99

Games
Hot Shots Golf 2 - PS3/PSP
International Track & Field - PS3/PSP
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Add-ons
Mad Riders - The Daredevil Map Pack

We'll find out what's being added on Monday.

I finally got to start Sound Shapes, and it's pretty sweet on the Vita. I only beat the first album but I'll probably run through the rest of the campaign tonight.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I just platted Sound Shapes yesterday and not ONCE was I ever so frustrated that I had to quit. I actually found the game and Death Mode pretty addicting. Once I got used to the obstacles and rhythm in a level, I wouldn't want to quit for fear of losing what progress I had made in getting used to said level. Event Horizon #1 was without a doubt the level I had the most trouble with in Death Mode though. And I thought I'd end up dreading Beat School but after the first few levels it was surprisingly easy.

All in all, Sound Shapes is without a doubt my favorite Vita game so far. And it's absolutely PERFECT for DLC. Not only in adding more albums but adding more tools to the level creator too.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. I absolutely love this game. Some of the death mode levels can be tricky. but if you keep at it you eventually get the hang of it. I am on my way to platting it. I am at about 72%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back