PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowkast']You got me excited today was the drop (miscalculated the date). I have 900+ songs waiting for this game!

We're talking about blitz right:)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='rpghope18']He was talking about Retro/Grade. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sorry about that. Fixed the post.

yeah you can do bots only. i did a bot only round just to get the hang of things. then i played and tore shit up. ended up getting 44% trophies in an hour. I won an arms race 28/14 and was like bam hellz yeah make it rain. but then no trophy popped. then i read the rampage description. 28/0?! really. no way that is happening without boosting, and even boosting with buds against bots would be hard as hell.

also some rounds aren't full of real people either, so bots pop in and out. but you can also do bots only.

peace. and great game, brings me back 12 years to lan parties. haha. and it has dust/office. good stuff. i havnt seen the lone house level yet tho.

(with bot difficulty you can do no bots, harmless bots (but no awards given) and then casual, hard, veteran. or something like that. i did casual and it was easy fun.

Played the CS:GO trial, might have to buy. Also, I set my auto downloader after the store updated because I forgot to turn it on, and I still got it.

[quote name='Velo214']then i read the rampage description. 28/0?! really. no way that is happening without boosting, and even boosting with buds against bots would be hard as hell.[/QUOTE]
Pfft, Cal-0 scrub. :lol:

it has to be in arms race tho, which is cod gun game. so you don't get to pick what weapon.
it cycles through smgs, shotguns, machine guns, sniper rifles, pistols and finally a golden knife.
it was so hard to win (i guess not too hard, i got it 2nd match) and i did 28/14 or so. to do it all without ever getting killed, and only on the two ffa maps they have, that's really gonna be hard.

and i don't know what Cal-O is, but i presume a gun in the game? i forget all the guns.

Holy crap. I just started my PS3 and it gave me thelist of what it did.on the overnight PS+ update.

Wait for it:
Installed CS:GO
LBP karting beta

Updated saves.

I had already deleted.the LPB beta, so I.went to.delete it since it redownloaded it.

IT ISN'T LBP KARTING! they gave me Avatar the Game(as in Avatar movie with blue aliens) it as a PS+ logo next to the icon in my games folder.

WIERD

EDIT: I started it and it is the game. The info section has 52 minutes remaining.What the heck?

[quote name='6er']Holy crap. I just started my PS3 and it gave me thelist of what it did.on the overnight PS+ update.

Wait for it:
Installed CS:GO
LBP karting beta

Updated saves.

I had already deleted.the LPB beta, so I.went to.delete it since it redownloaded it.

IT ISN'T LBP KARTING! they gave me Avatar the Game(as in Avatar movie with blue aliens) it as a PS+ logo next to the icon in my games folder.

WIERD

EDIT: I started it and it is the game. The info section has 52 minutes remaining.What the heck?[/QUOTE]

I also don't know if you care but it also added the trophies to your account.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's the Full Game Trial.[/QUOTE]

I know that. Why did it auto download? I don't remember seeing it on any PS+ exclusive list this week? Feel like I should Lysol my HDD now

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, thats why I dont leave my Auto Download on.....i dont know what the hell i might wake up with on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the light.

[quote name='6er']Is there a way to turn off just the downloads? Or only all the auto features?[/QUOTE]
Settings > System Settings > Automatic Update

After confirming that it's on and what time you'd like it to update, it'll ask you what aspects of that feature you'd like to have on or off (games/demos, trophies, saves, FW, etc.).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Settings > System Settings > Automatic Update

After confirming that it's on and what time you'd like it to update, it'll ask you what aspects of that feature you'd like to have on or off (games/demos, trophies, saves, FW, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir. Stopped at on/off. Whoops

And fyi to those that don't know, WKC2 is a horrible trophy game.40 hrs and 10%

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, thats why I dont leave my Auto Download on.....i dont know what the hell i might wake up with on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

This!

i was wrong. you can get the plat in cs go with all offline bots. as long as they aren't on harmless difficulty. altho a few like knife vs knife and sniper vs sniper might be harder.

[quote name='6er']And fyi to those that don't know, WKC2 is a horrible trophy game.40 hrs and 10%[/QUOTE]

WKC1 took me 550 hours to plat. WKC2 is supposedly slightly longer with a carried over save, and significantly longer without. I would have gladly jumped into it, but the Japanese version region locked their servers so I am rendered unable to get it. So disappointing...

pulling the plug, the trigger who cares? analassgamer? seriously...

but yeah CS:GO needs to have ADS, its 2012, tactical combat is done while looking down sights, not just hipfiring. i know theres the scoped alt zooms but every gun should have an aim mode...

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']pulling the plug, the trigger who cares? analassgamer? seriously...[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You're getting defensive about that?

picked up CS:GO. It's everything I wanted to be. Love it.

NOTE -- you need to change sensitivity. Period. And probably remap stuff. it also supports keyboard/mouse.

getting defensive of someone adding nothing but grammar corrections? i don't care, i just think its sad.

anyway, when you crouch movement is really slow, and some automatic guns have awful spread at range. I feel that I need to run up pretty close to get kills even while burst firing. I only had an hour to try so I am no expert....

just figure having the option to concentrate and focus on your target would make guns like the ak and bizon more practical. i also only played against bots so I have no clue what its like online. I'll probably bite before the week ends because its a pretty good deal.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']pulling the plug, the trigger who cares? analassgamer? seriously...
[/QUOTE]

to be fair, they're practically opposite in meaning. quit vs. go for it.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']getting defensive of someone adding nothing but grammar corrections? i don't care, i just think its sad. when you crouch movement is really slow, and some automatic guns have awful spread at range. I feel that I need to run up pretty close to get kills even while burst firing. I only had an hour to try so I am no expert....
[/QUOTE]

short bursts are the only way to stay accurate. crouching helps too, big time.

Is match making split up for CS:GO depending on if you use a controller, move, or mouse and keyboard because I'm pretty sure i saw a seperate leaderboard for mouse and keyboard not sure about move.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i could be pulling the plug on my hesitation about buying it.[/QUOTE]
but i don't think that's what u were thinking :lol:
It's cool man, we weren't seriously correcting you. It's just for jest.

[quote name='Velo214']and i don't know what Cal-O is, but i presume a gun in the game? i forget all the guns.[/QUOTE]
Haha, no. It's Cyber Athlete League and the ranking is amateur/entry IIRC. Back when I played CS, whenever somebody made a noob mistake or was having a bad day we'd call them a Cal-0 scrub. ;)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You can't aim down the sights in Counterstrike? That's how I play every FPS. I'm glad I didn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

And this is another 2008 kiddie.

[quote name='Byakurai']And this is another 2008 kiddie.[/QUOTE]

Or a 1985 kiddie. I played some Counterstrike when I was in high school, but I wasn't obsessed with it like some of you. Not being able to aim down your sights in 2012 is pretty ridiculous.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Or a 1985 kiddie. I played some Counterstrike when I was in high school, but I wasn't obsessed with it like some of you. Not being able to aim down your sights in 2012 is pretty ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you couldn't aim down your sights in Duke Nukem Forever, either.

CounterStrike claimed a good part of my college life. Everytime I sit down it'd be a 3-5 hr session before I knew it. I know some people are even worse than that. haha

my bud was the rich kid in school and he had 3 computers and we would lan it up and play counter strike and starcraft. wootwoot. lol. dorks

[quote name='affa']picked up CS:GO. It's everything I wanted to be. Love it.

NOTE -- you need to change sensitivity. Period. And probably remap stuff. it also supports keyboard/mouse.[/QUOTE]

Do you get it on steam for pc also? Like when you buy a retail steam game

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You can't aim down the sights in Counterstrike? That's how I play every FPS. I'm glad I didn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the reason I don't like Halo. Not being able to aim down your sights in any FPS, whether competitive or not, is fucking stupid.

[quote name='Byakurai']I'm pretty sure you couldn't aim down your sights in Duke Nukem Forever, either.[/QUOTE]

Is that the game you wish to compare Counterstrike to?

[quote name='kouleefoh']CounterStrike claimed a good part of my college life. Everytime I sit down it'd be a 3-5 hr session before I knew it. I know some people are even worse than that. haha[/QUOTE]

Yea.
I actually think i'm about to delete CS:Go from my PS3. Not because it's bad. Because it's so good, and I kicked the CS habit a decade ago... yet have already played maybe 7 hours today. it's past 4am right now.

the last thing i need is a CS addiction again. as much as i want. to. play.

it's so good.

Am i the only one who hated it? I mean, i played it with dualshock and the controls suck balls. The dualshock features are very limited, the game is probably a lot better with a keyboard. And please, i´m a consoler owner, if i wanted to play some game with keyboard/mouse i would play it on PC. I´m a huge CS fan, but that thing disapointed me. Guess sony will have my money next week, with the launch of THPS.

(I will apologize beforehand for my bad english , as i´m not a native english speaker. And you guys seriously need to stop correcting each other, how old are you?)

CS is a real mans shooter! They still have that "break that glass" stuff? Where the floor could be shot out and it was like a last man standing thing...or maybe that was just a mod. Im too old to remember.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']CS is a real mans shooter! They still have that "break that glass" stuff? Where the floor could be shot out and it was like a last man standing thing...or maybe that was just a mod. Im too old to remember.[/QUOTE]

It was a fan-created map. Man, i really enjoyed that map.

I have no idea. Maybe for the PC version. And then maybe they release the best created maps in DLC form. That´s a lot of maybes.

[quote name='eballarini']Am i the only one who hated it? I mean, i played it with dualshock and the controls suck balls. The dualshock features are very limited, the game is probably a lot better with a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Every button is mappable and sensitivity is really fine tunable (vertical and horizontal separate). I have my sensitivity at .95, .9. (Default is something like .5, .45 or something, which I agree, doesn't work for me, especially not online where you need to be fast).

I've changed almost every button (I prefer firing with R2, for example) and upped the sensitivity, so for me the controls are dead on. And there's a fantastic ability to customize it to your liking.

I can't think of another game with this level of care put into the mapping systems (most games can't even be mapped, and here, in addition to options like 'cycle secondary weapons', you can also hotkey specific grenades, etc, which is very useful), and to put icing on the cake, they gave you the option of using keyboard/mouse which is something ps3 users have been clamoring for in MANY games that might benefit from it... for them to actually do it is commendable.

Complaining about the controls is more indicative of you not tuning them or giving them a chance than any problem with them, because honestly, i don't know what else they could have done. They did far more than most.

Imo, the only valid complaint about the controls would be the lack of a 'down the sights' view, which is more a gameplay issue than a control issue. Honestly, though, that's something I got used to quickly. But since everything else can be set to your liking... yea, I don't buy that the 'controls suck'. And how in the world are "dualshock features are very limited" when you can re-map everything?

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't have to because shooting from the hip with any AR was dead accurate and took skill to handle the recoil properly. You'd probably enjoy the MP5 though, because you could still spray n' pray like a noob. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back