PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait, the FF13-2 DLC that would be primo to download would be these?
Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49
Opponent Lightning & Amodar - 1.49
Sazh Heads Or Tails? - $2.49
Snow Perpetual Battlefield - $1.99

The rest are costumes or monsters to kill and recruit, right?
Just trying to save money but have as rich of an experience as possible.
Anything I'm missing?

[quote name='AoA']So wait, the FF13-2 DLC that would be primo to download would be these?

Anything I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

Opponent Lightning & Amodar is one of those "monsters to kill and recruit" DLC's and you won't be able to actually kill them until you're pretty far along in the game. Even then there's not even a guarantee that you'll recruit either character after the fight anyway, requiring multiple tries to recruit the character(s).

The ingame monsters (CHOCOBO'S:bouncy:) are just fine for advancing through the game. I just see these monster DLC's as a way to make your party more "human" in appearance more than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AoA']So wait, the FF13-2 DLC that would be primo to download would be these?

Anything I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

This was posted by evophile in the XBLA deals thread. Seems quite informative:

[quote name='evophile']The most essential DLC for the game is the Requiem of the Goddess Lightning DLC. It contains more of and ending to the game/fills in some blanks. Plus the Commando Lighting party member you get from this DLC just destroys everything. Especially if you infuse her with the right monsters. I am not sure if you can accidentally play this before you beat the game, but it shouldn't be played until after.

Snow is a great Sentinel to have on your team and it also has another capture-able monster. But it is pretty short.

The Sahz DLC is pretty dumb. Just some gambling texas hold em stuff and once you beat that he joins your party. Only get this if you really want him as your Synergist.

Lightning & Amodar is just a battle, but works because you can actually use them for most of the game before its beaten. Lightning is the first or second best Ravager in the game depending on what you're looking for. I kind of preferred to have humans in my party as I got tired of the monsters but I ended up with Cloudburst as my main Ravager because his Feral Link is awesome.

I'd say if you plan to get all the achievements and do all the post game content Requiem Lightning and Snow made some of the harder battles a lot easier. Although be prepared to do a little farming to get all the stuff to level them up, but it wasn't too bad imo.

If you want to play the game and just be done with it I'd at least get the Requiem DLC. It's cheap enough and adds some more ending. But be prepared for the repetitive nature of that DLC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='freeza']When the hell is Stranger's Wrath gonna be on sale! Goddammit![/QUOTE]

It already has been. Pretty awesome game. Munch's Odyssee should have been out by now, but when that ever finally drops you may get another sale on Stranger's Wrath.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Ouch. I was looking forward to Little King Story, but not at $40, or even $30.[/QUOTE]

In Europe, it was also released as a retail game, so we may get it for cheaper. I don't know for sure though.

I just purchased my first PS+ card last night, pretty cool stuff. Sorry for the OT n00b question, but when does Sony usually announce the next month's offers? I'm curious about October already. :)

[quote name='Turbojugend']I just purchased my first PS+ card last night, pretty cool stuff. Sorry for the OT n00b question, but when does Sony usually announce the next month's offers? I'm curious about October already. :)[/QUOTE]
They don't announce the next month's offerings anymore, as it's usually done every Monday unless there's nothing notable being offered for that week.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In Europe, it was also released as a retail game, so we may get it for cheaper. I don't know for sure though.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably pay $40 for the game if it was available through retail. I'm not spending $40 on a damn download.

So, anyone have a verdict on Tokyo Jungle??!?! Is it worth the $11? I wish there was a demo, but the concept alone nearly has me sold.

(also, I have a free redbox game rental that I won't be able to redeem before it expires at 12AM CT. If anyone wants it, just PM me).

Damn, he beat you to it Frisky, by a whole minute lol. But on to the matter at hand, fuck yes!!! I have so many good memories of playing the old Blitz on the N64. I'm pretty satisfied with this upcoming addition. Pretty smart move on Sony's part with football season underway.

[quote name='Namerson']Looks like NFL Blitz will be replacing Borderlands this coming Tuesday in the IGC.

http://kotaku.com/5947480/sony-wont...hare-other-plus-stats-and-an-october-surprise

Also mentioned: 'Plus subscribers will also be able to pick up Alex Kidd in Miracle World for a dollar (usually goes for $5) and Spelunker HD for $5 (instead of 10$; DLC discounted to $1).'[/QUOTE]

Innacurate info is innacurate Spelunker Hd was already in discount only the EX9 and EX10 dlc will be on sale, I wonder who told them this info, maybe the blogcast people :booty:

[quote name='Namerson']Looks like NFL Blitz will be replacing Borderlands this coming Tuesday in the IGC.

http://kotaku.com/5947480/sony-wont...hare-other-plus-stats-and-an-october-surprise

Also mentioned: 'Plus subscribers will also be able to pick up Alex Kidd in Miracle World for a dollar (usually goes for $5) and Spelunker HD for $5 (instead of 10$; DLC discounted to $1).'[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'm down for both Blitz and Alex Kidd. *edit* Eh, after looking at the Blitz trophies, the online ones are kinda ridiculous. Maybe I'll pass on that.

[quote name='realit3y']Innacurate info is innacurate Spelunker Hd was already in discount only the EX9 and EX10 dlc will be on sale, I wonder who told them this info, maybe the blogcast people :booty:[/QUOTE]

Oh noooo!

[quote name='realit3y']Innacurate info is innacurate Spelunker Hd was already in discount only the EX9 and EX10 dlc will be on sale, I wonder who told them this info, maybe the blogcast people :booty:[/QUOTE]Did you not even bother to read the article? The writer clearly stated they got this information from "Jack Buser, senior director of PlayStation Digital Platforms". But you're right, I'm sure you're more knowledgeable. Idiot, person is idiot.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Did you not even bother to read the article? The writer clearly stated they got this information from "Jack Buser, senior director of PlayStation Digital Platforms". But you're right, I'm sure you're more knowledgeable. Idiot, person is idiot.[/QUOTE]

He's just upset that he missed out on $2 of savings so now he's making post after post whining about it.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Did you not even bother to read the article? The writer clearly stated they got this information from "Jack Buser, senior director of PlayStation Digital Platforms". But you're right, I'm sure you're more knowledgeable. Idiot, person is idiot.[/QUOTE]

First I did read it the article and a little info for you Jack Buser appears on the blogcast so it only could have gone from those guys stating innacurate information

Secondly I got word from Tozaigames not a guy who was half drunk and only got some notes via conversation on the phone

Third you must only be checking this thread from time to time because you didn't see 3 weeks ago that Spelunker HD and dlc up to EX8 was already on sale, they aren't going to reput them on sale twice in a row in such a short period of time, only the 2 dlcs ex9 and ex10 like Team Tozai told me.

Either way if you want to really see it check it on Tuesday to see who was right, I really don't care about Blogcast anymore since it only comes misinformation from there I prefer to check the store update live, more games are coming out next week and they didn't state them on their blogcast this week, so there's no need to listen to that shit.

U need to relax the Blogcast are doing a fantastic job.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World for a dollar sounds good ill pick it up.

[Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

[quote name='rpg'][Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

[/QUOTE]

No! The Blogcast should NEVER be wrong! It's not like things could change between the time of the Blogcast and the time of the store update! That's a fuckin ridiculous conception!

[quote name='rpg']U need to relax the Blogcast are doing a fantastic job.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World for a dollar sounds good ill pick it up.

[Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

[/QUOTE]

rpg I know that is always listed on the blogcasts but to them saying that it will come and then it didn't come but it came out in Europe 1 day later and SCEE admited after them screwing up that they SCEE were the ones who screwed up when actually it was SCEA fault, because they wanted SCEA not to be blamed.

Now where SCEE really screwed up was with Page Chronica which wasn't supposed to come out, but like I said I'll wait till tuesday it's not to far from this, I will pick it up nonetheless just to finish my 100%

Already have Blitz on XBLA, I've had kind of bad luck of late on PS+. But I can't complain, cuz Blitz is exactly the time of game I've been wanting for PS+ (less than 1 year old, has never been on sale).

Gettinmoney is correct on the trophies, if they're the same as the achievements on XBLA, they're kind of rough. I think I've gotten 2 out of 20 on XBLA so far.

Will pick up Alex Kidd for a buck, I think I already have it on the Sonic Genesis Collection though. Wish it was the Monster World games...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Already have Blitz on XBLA, I've had kind of bad luck of late on PS+. But I can't complain, cuz Blitz is exactly the time of game I've been wanting for PS+ (less than 1 year old, has never been on sale).

Gettinmoney is correct on the trophies, if they're the same as the achievements on XBLA, they're kind of rough. I think I've gotten 2 out of 20 on XBLA so far.

Will pick up Alex Kidd for a buck, I think I already have it on the Sonic Genesis Collection though. Wish it was the Monster World games...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read that the online trophies require two people on a team, whether you find the person online or local, and then you go up against other two person teams? Which means if the online is dead, these trophies are gonna be damn near impossible.

[quote name='Kstyle']New little king's story in US is 29.99

i dont know where you guys getting 39.99 from[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get $29.99 from? I think I still might wait for a price drop on it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, I read that the online trophies require two people on a team, whether you find the person online or local, and then you go up against other two person teams? Which means if the online is dead, these trophies are gonna be damn near impossible.
[/quote]
Maybe this will give the online a new life, so to speak.

[quote name='Tsel']Maybe this will give the online a new life, so to speak.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for a little bit. It's not like this will revitalize the online for months to come. Plus, it's not like you just need to find one person. It's not even that you need to find two random people. You need to find two people who have teamed up.

Oddworld Abe's Exoddus and Oddworld Abe's Oddysee: each only 1.25€ if you are a plus member or 2.49 each if you are not.

Only valid until 3rd October

Only in SCEE

This with Stranger's wrath free for ps plus members is a very good deal

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, I read that the online trophies require two people on a team, whether you find the person online or local, and then you go up against other two person teams? Which means if the online is dead, these trophies are gonna be damn near impossible.
[/QUOTE]
Looking at the trophies it also seems pointless to waste time grinding these when all but 1 are bronze. Unless your just playing for fun I dont know why you would want to grind with 3 other people for that.

If your a trophy hunter with a buck though it looks like Alex Kidd is worth it if the ps3trophies road map is any indication. 1/10 difficulty and it takes like 2 hours.

a bit of old news but I just found out about it, Terraria is coming to PSN in early 2013. I'm really excited about this, I spent close to 200 hrs on the Steam version so I will be picking this up on day 1. I'm curious if they will add anything new to it or just port the 1.1.2 version of the PC game

[quote name='realit3y']Oddworld Abe's Exoddus and Oddworld Abe's Oddysee: each only 1.25€ if you are a plus member or 2.49 each if you are not.

Only valid until 3rd October

Only in SCEE

This with Stranger's wrath free for ps plus members is a very good deal[/QUOTE]

We got those for free a while back, I believe.

Also, still waiting for that Munch's Odyssee HD remake...was supposed to release this summer.

[quote name='realit3y']Innacurate info is innacurate Spelunker Hd was already in discount only the EX9 and EX10 dlc will be on sale, I wonder who told them this info, maybe the blogcast people :booty:[/QUOTE]

As with the previous DLC, PlayStation Plus members will be able to purchase both Spelunker HD, as well as ALL the new Championship Mode DLC packs for 50% off for two weeks starting from the day of launch in each region*.
*Check your respective territory for exact time of availability

Straight from the press release, which sounds like it's half off to me... no?

As far as Spelunker HD goes, I just got my 100% and am quite happy. However, I am not looking forward to doing EX 9 and 10 again...

[quote name='wrencrest']Looking at the trophies it also seems pointless to waste time grinding these when all but 1 are bronze. Unless your just playing for fun I dont know why you would want to grind with 3 other people for that.

If your a trophy hunter with a buck though it looks like Alex Kidd is worth it if the ps3trophies road map is any indication. 1/10 difficulty and it takes like 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

Most of those Sega games are fairly easy to get all the trophies in because you can save the game every 2 seconds if you choose to. Its tedious, but works for a lot of those games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']We got those for free a while back, I believe.

Also, still waiting for that Munch's Odyssee HD remake...was supposed to release this summer.[/QUOTE]I wanna say I read something not too long ago about Munch's Odyssee coming out sometime before the year is over. I also know that it, along with Stranger's Wrath, are coming to Vita as well. Which is my best guess as to why there's a hold up.

[quote name='admiralvic']Straight from the press release, which sounds like it's half off to me... no?

As far as Spelunker HD goes, I just got my 100% and am quite happy. However, I am not looking forward to doing EX 9 and 10 again...[/QUOTE]

nicely done admiralvic yeah me too I'm waiting for them to release Maybe someday you will see EX11 :)

[quote name='breakfuss']So, anyone have a verdict on Tokyo Jungle??!?! Is it worth the $11? I wish there was a demo, but the concept alone nearly has me sold.[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's got its problems - it doesn't look very good and it's rather repetitive, but it's just so different and crazy, it's still fun. There also looks to be a lot of game here, with tons of animals to unlock and scores of challenges. If you like quirky and weird games, I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

Anyone has an idea how this 'spend $100, get $20 in credit back' promo works? My US PS3 account is funded only with PSN vouchers, not with credit card, is there some rule which states you need to have a credit card attatched in order to be qualified for the promo? The 1 month PS+ trial from God of War Saga was like that as a I understood.

In other words, if I fill my PSN wallet with $100 with PSN vouchers, will I still get the $20 credit promo?

Hopefully not too bad question :) Thanks in advance.

[quote name='mm3n']Anyone has an idea how this 'spend $100, get $20 in credit back' promo works? My US PS3 account is funded only with PSN vouchers, not with credit card, is there some rule which states you need to have a credit card attatched in order to be qualified for the promo? The 1 month PS+ trial from God of War Saga was like that as a I understood.

In other words, if I fill my PSN wallet with $100 with PSN vouchers, will I still get the $20 credit promo?

Hopefully not too bad question :) Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
As long as it's loaded with money and that's actually spent, it counts.

Though this was for another promotion, the same details in this FAQ should all be the same about how the Spend $100, Get $20 Back promotion works:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/onlyonpsn/faq/

[quote name='kouleefoh']can you guys explain how he died at 2:28?[/QUOTE]

I think he grabbed the faded bottom part of the rope. This DLC looks insane but I'm going to buy 9 & 10 so I have them all.

[quote name='kouleefoh']can you guys explain how he died at 2:28?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that it's programmed in such a way that if you fail to grab a rope or land on a platform it automatically kills you, as opposed to other games when they go through the trouble of showing you falling to your death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back