PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnnypark']Anyone know if House of the Dead and Costume Quest expire today, or will the sale continue another week?[/QUOTE]

It would be pretty bad if they stopped a halloween sale before halloween, but you never know :lol:

[quote name='johnnypark']Anyone know if House of the Dead and Costume Quest expire today, or will the sale continue another week?[/QUOTE]

I believe that somewhere the small text said the sale would end 10/30, which is what I'm counting on. If not, then I'm going to be kicking myself for both those titles as well.

I'm assuming the Halloween sale ends next week, as it would've mentioned last week if the deal was ending today in the "Last Chance" section of PS+ updates.

[quote name='jacknicklson']It would be pretty bad if they stopped a halloween sale before halloween, but you never know :lol:[/QUOTE]

They might have some different stuff on sale each week, like Corpse Party starting today.

Just an update for anyone looking for the disc version of Naughty Bear Double Trouble (with Gold Edition and Panic in Paradise together on disc for $20)... It apparently just shipped out to stores today because of a production delay (I asked 505 Games on facebook after my preorder didn't come in), so it's going to be out this week but probably a few days late.

[quote name='parkerwilson']I am sure this has been answered but will buying packs of cards on NHL 13 count towards the spend $100 get $20 promo[/QUOTE]

If it's paid DLC, it should. I believe you just have to spend $100 during the promo period in the Playstation store (non-game purchases included).

Thank you very much. By the way, if ican't beat the free game starhawk next week, do psn still allow me to play the game? I am a psn plus member until December.

[quote name='ckc4043']Thank you very much. By the way, if ican't beat the free game starhawk next week, do psn still allow me to play the game? I am a psn plus member until December.[/QUOTE]

You should have access to any PS+ content for the entirety of your subscription term, so yes.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']You should have access to any PS+ content for the entirety of your subscription term, so yes.[/QUOTE]

Btw, a good tip... Whenever they put up a free PS+ game in the store, even if you're not interested in playing it right now, go and "download" it... Then, once it goes through and is "purchased" (the red purchase bag icon will show up next to it in the ps store), you don't have to download it. It will add it to the download list under your account in the xmb, and you can download/play it whenever you want as long as you're still a PS+ member, even if it's no longer a PS+ free title.

[quote name='ckc4043']Thank you very much. By the way, if ican't beat the free game starhawk next week, do psn still allow me to play the game? I am a psn plus member until December.[/QUOTE]

Anything offered from PS+ is yours until your subscription runs out. If you renew, it will be yours again.

my download list got scrambled again... noticed a bunch of old stuff I got listed at the top and purchased yesterday even though it was years ago.

It may have something to do with "renewing" my ps+ sub yesterday...

I really hope with these new PS Store, that they will finally start changing the way your purchases are shown. I'd like a menu for Demo's onl- hell, why would I want a demo in my history anyways? Just let me download it and not put it up in my transaction history ffs.

They also need a tab for PSN Plus exclusive purchases that way when you renew you don't have to see 200 things "renewed" and at the top of your history list again.

Something like this would make life so much easier:

PS3 Games/DLC
Vita Games/DLC
PSN+ Content
Demos

[quote name='eXiON']I really hope with these new PS Store, that they will finally start changing the way your purchases are shown. I'd like a menu for Demo's onl- hell, why would I want a demo in my history anyways? Just let me download it and not put it up in my transaction history ffs.

They also need a tab for PSN Plus exclusive purchases that way when you renew you don't have to see 200 things "renewed" and at the top of your history list again.

Something like this would make life so much easier:

PS3 Games/DLC
Vita Games/DLC
PSN+ Content
Demos[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In general its a pain the ass to redownload things, especially if you bought them a year or two ago and you're downloading multiple things. It took me forever to grab all my PSP downloads for my Vita.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^It has everything to do with you "renewing" yesterday, it happened to me too, and it's fucking annoying beyond belief![/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me earlier this month, and at first I thought my account had been hacked, until I realized the "purchase date" was the same as the renewal date.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Wow that renewing PS+ thing is going to be really annoying considering I have 820 downloads in my download list.......*sigh*[/QUOTE]

What "renewing Ps+" thing? Auto-renew?

[quote name='breakfuss']What "renewing Ps+" thing? Auto-renew?[/QUOTE]
No when you renew a PS+ sub ALL of your PS+ downloads are moved to the top of your download list.....

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Anything offered from PS+ is yours until your subscription runs out. If you renew, it will be yours again.[/QUOTE]

oh...because some game will be expired in next update, I am confused..thank again.

[quote name='breakfuss']What "renewing Ps+" thing? Auto-renew?[/QUOTE]

The renewing PS+ is when you leave your subscription ran out, and when that happens all the free games you downloaded while you had the account with PS+ active are de-listed from the list of downloads.

Once you renew your subscription you reget all those free games again but you get them at the top of your download list making it worse for you to search where they are.

[quote name='ckc4043']oh...because some game will be expired in next update, I am confused..thank again.[/QUOTE]
"Expired" as n you will not be able to claim it as a downoad it DOES NOT meanif you have already downloaded it you won't be able to continue playing it because you will. It just means people who didn't get to it in time or late coming into PS+ won't be able to receive it.

[quote name='realit3y']The renewing PS+ is when you leave your subscription ran out, and when that happens all the free games you downloaded while you had the account with PS+ active are de-listed from the list of downloads.

Once you renew your subscription you reget all those free games again but you get them at the top of your download list making it worse for you to search where they are.[/QUOTE]
Wait my sub is up on the 27th. If I renew now it won't do that will it?

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Wait my sub is up on the 27th. If I renew now it won't do that will it?[/QUOTE]

If you renew right now before it rans out it won't do that you are correct

I'm annoyed because I was going to redownload Brave Story last week but it's been removed from PSN so I'm going to have to dig through my 1000+ download history if that doesn't get fixed for the better when the store updates.

[quote name='Kstyle']Where the fuck is the PSN UPDATE?[/QUOTE]

It's almost always later than this. Typically between 4-5 PT. Sometimes it's way later than that though. Chill.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I'm annoyed because I was going to redownload Brave Story last week but it's been removed from PSN so I'm going to have to dig through my 1000+ download history if that doesn't get fixed for the better when the store updates.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that they've already stated that download history is staying the same for now. It's something they're working on though, and this update will allow them to more easily make changes like this.

[quote name='realit3y']If you renew right now before it rans out it won't do that you are correct[/QUOTE]

Sure about that? I renewed during subscription and it redated all ps+ games.

[quote name='ynocturnal']Sure about that? I renewed during subscription and it redated all ps+ games.[/QUOTE]

Well if it helps I yesterday added 2 more months to my subscription with 2 codes and they didn't change but also I only recenlty got into us psn store.

So I can't say for sure if when you add more months your list goes up to the list.

So I don't know what happenned to you

But one thing is guaranteed if you forget to renew and go for a sub once more they will guaranteed go to the top of your download list

haha, don't listen to anything reality ever says.
he has been wrong about everything he says about ps+.
i have never let my sub lapse since they started it, and everytime i add any time to my sub it auto puts all your dl'd stuff, all ps+ stuff, to the top of the list. peace

[quote name='Velo214']haha, don't listen to anything reality ever says.
i have never let my sub lapse since they started it, and everytime i add any time to my sub it auto puts all your dl'd stuff, all ps+ stuff, to the top of the list. peace[/QUOTE]

This.

i have never let my sub lapse since they started it, and everytime i add any time to my sub it auto puts all your dl'd stuff, all ps+ stuff, to the top of the list. peace[/QUOTE]

Well then you should have answered to him in the first place, I'm just stating facts that happenned to me I only recently start a us account and used 2 psn+ codes all my downloads on the list the most recent ones were from the IGC.

When I added those 2 months nothing changed at all because there wasn't any other download on it at the top.

Regarding with my experience on Europe PSN+ I only use 1 month codes and because I do let them expire everything, I re-sub my subscription which is turned on again, then all the psn free downloads appear at the top.

If you can see below I said in my post that I wasn't sure and certain about that fact that if you renew that it will reput them at the top of the list.

Also if you guys want to answer just do it don't come here and bashing out a guy who is at least answering something while you guys are shy and don't even want to help anyone.

I tested reality fake theory and it doesn't work.

[quote name='rpg']I tested reality fake theory and it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

which fake theory?

Then try like I said if you have 2 ps+ codes that you have to spend.

1) Create a new account
2) Use the code
3)Download all content from IGC and everyting free on psn+
4) Don't download anything else
5) Redeem another code
6)

Or just simply let your main account after it has redeemed 1 code
Check the order of the items
and keep tracking of their location
re-enter anotehr 1 month code
see the location of the items if they changed

To settle this weird debate, this is what's at the top of my download list after redeeming PS+ codes yesterday:

picture.php

If you recognize those items, they're old PS+ games and other content. I don't really care at all that it bumps that stuff up to the top of my download list.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']To settle this weird debate, this is what's at the top of my download list after redeeming PS+ codes yesterday:

picture.php

If you recognize those items, they're old PS+ games and other content. I don't really care at all that it bumps that stuff up to the top of my download list.[/QUOTE]

Well you guys didn't understand but it doesn't matter like I said and what happenned to me yesterday I used 2 codes;

The first I redeemed then I went and downloaded everything free on ps+, then after finishing doing that I redeem the 2nd, nothing on my list changed because I had downloaded only IGC games at last, and not any other game or any other content.

When I redeemed the 2nd I went out and checked when these questions were arising and nothing changed maybe it only changes if your download list has downloaded any other content in betweek, but I honestly don't know what is the big fuss around this since it only takes you a couple of minutes for searching for an item.

I have 580+ items and its relatively quick to find things.

PSN sort of updated. I checked the store on my Vita & noticed Corpse Party is $9.99, though the main page on the stores haven't changed. Now to wait for the official blog to be posted.

Edit: Now it seems the main page has been updated. Got that free Vita game, Frobisher Says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back