PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']I am very surprised at how many people buy digital retail games.[/QUOTE]

Why? Its nice when you have two playstations in the house.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I really want Dokuro, Okami, and Killzone HD but I think I'll wait to see what happens with Vita Plus.[/QUOTE]

I would suggest staying away from Killzone HD. I played 10 minutes to get some footage for the site and hated it. Feels like a COMPLETELY different game from 2/3.

[quote name='Velo214']9 hours to sync is pretty insane admiralvic. i have alot of games and mine takes at most 15mins and even that gets me impatient. Also i don't know why people fret over 0%'s, i think about 25% of my games list is 0-5%s just from putting the game in, playing a level and trading it back in/sending back the rental/back to the backlog. and yeah if i want to check my trophies I just choose to do it ingame now on and hope it doesn't freeze. edit below my gamers tags, yeah 54% completion on 548 games is pretty bad... I gotta quit making babies and play my games![/QUOTE]

9 hours was to sync my WHOLE list (all 300+ titles), not just a normal sync.

[quote name='wrencrest']I wish we could get rid of 0% games on our trophy list only to make it more manageable. I am no where near the completion % you guys have as even games I like I will rarely be able to 100% due to online and other hard trophies I dont have the skill and patience for. I just want the 0% games gone so the list is smaller and more of a true representation of games I actually played. Usually I have 0% on a game because I decided it isnt worth the time to play. After all I do have nearly 50 games in the backlog at the moment. I am sure some of you have much more.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but also disagree. On one hand it sucks having to forever live with a game you might hate, but on the other it forces you to give it more of a chance. If you want to avoid that stuff, you could just play on an alternate. It's not as good, but it would give you the same end result.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I am very surprised at how many people buy digital retail games.[/QUOTE]

I am, but at the same time I am not. Most of the digital sales are most likely for people who think they're going to play the game a lot, have several systems or gameshare. Buying Biohazard 6 on day 1 with 2 people bumps the cost down to 30 per person (not bad since it has yet to hit this point) and you 2 can play together or whenever you want without having to load the disc.

I think a big part of it is that this a pretty normalized practice on the PC over the past few years. Granted, there's never been much resale value to PC games because of serial keys, but tons of people pay $60 for games and preload them over Steam. If it wasn't for PC distribution, I doubt almost anyone would consider paying MSRP for a digital version.

I bought Sports Champions 2 digitally so I could install it on my PS3 and my gf's system too, and it put me over the $100 for October. I usually don't buy digitally, but if it's a game we both want it makes sense to download rather than buying it twice.

I share your surprise 100%. But I guess it's a good thing for the industry that so many people have no problem dropping $60 on a new game, digital or not. I love video games, but with my purchasing practices, I do nothing to fuel money into the industry.

I noticed many digital vita releases were $34.99 instead of their physical copy's $39.99.

Not that big of a big difference in price and the fact that you don't have a physical copy you can resell/give away but I suppose those kind of things don't matter to some people.

I got Killzone HD, because I loved the other ones. They are actual a few of the FPS I can play without getting motion sickness. And I've enjoyed what I've played so far, but can understand how someone would be disappointed if they are expecting something like Killzone 2. Don't set your expectations too high and you wont be disappointed.

Also everyone get Okami HD!!! I am really enjoying it, more so than the Wii version, I'm not a fan of the motion controls, but it's nice to know I can try them out if I chose.

[quote name='AXV1']I got Killzone HD, because I loved the other ones. They are actual a few of the FPS I can play without getting motion sickness. And I've enjoyed what I've played so far, but can understand how someone would be disappointed if they are expecting something like Killzone 2. Don't set your expectations too high and you wont be disappointed.

Also everyone get Okami HD!!! I am really enjoying it, more so than the Wii version, I'm not a fan of the motion controls, but it's nice to know I can try them out if I chose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've heard many complaints about the first Killzone but I gotta get it at least for the story.

Debating on getting the digital version of Persona 3 Portable. I have the Persona 1 and 2 on UMD already. I also still have my disc copy of FES in my backlog. It might be a long time before I start/finish FES. Might just wait for a sale on Amazon for P3P's UMD.

[quote name='aaf']any chance to have any special deals on Black Friday ?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this as well. Does PSN normally run any specials during that week/day? Sorry if that's a dumb/newb question, lol.

They won't do any special prices on Friday unless the new store has change the way they want to go about updating things. We'll probably [hopefully] get some good sales on the Tuesday before.

[quote name='breakfuss']I was wondering this as well. Does PSN normally run any specials during that week/day? Sorry if that's a dumb/newb question, lol.[/QUOTE]To my knowledge and the best of my memory, no, Sony does nothing for black friday. I could see them using Thanksgiving as some sort of excuse for a holiday sale, but that's about it. Considering black friday is only a U.S. thing and usually B&M exclusive, I don't see why they would even bother.

Has anyone else had trouble picking up the free ps+ games? I keep getting a message when trying to get LBP2.

IMG_20121108_135758.jpg

[quote name='breakfuss']I was wondering this as well. Does PSN normally run any specials during that week/day? Sorry if that's a dumb/newb question, lol.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they've had an annual "Stock Up For Winter" sale during the Thanksgiving/Black Friday week that starts the Tuesday of that week. So expect it to return this year on the 20th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...playstation-network-stock-up-for-winter-sale/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/21/stock-up-for-winter-with-psns-fall-sale-get-30-to-50-off/

[quote name='captaintek3304']Just got a message with my $20 for the October promotion.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine too via PSN mail. Okami will be mine now!

[quote name='captaintek3304']Just got a message with my $20 for the October promotion.[/QUOTE]

Got mine too!

[quote name='mpaullin']Via email or PSN?[/QUOTE]

Via PSN message.

[quote name='mpaullin']Via email or PSN?[/QUOTE]

PSN. The subject was: "Your Cash Reward"

"Your Cash Reward is here! Thanks for being one of our most active customers in October. Click on the link below by December 9, 2012 to add $20.00 to your PSN wallet."

And it has a little attachment to click on.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors finally got the patch and people can earn the platinum.:D

patch is 12mb

I got my PSN $20 from the October promotion. When you click the attachment, it takes you to the PSN Store and you can see a pre-written code ready to be redeemed.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Have you already "bought" it? You may want to check your Download History.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check but I don't think so. All the other games I have previously downloaded say "Purchased" instead of a crossed out price and "Free".

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Thanks for the heads up! I'll check but I don't think so. All the other games I have previously downloaded say "Purchased" instead of a crossed out price and "Free".[/QUOTE]

All mine say "Purchased" except for Payday and and Renegade Ops. But when I go to "buy" them, I get that exact same error that you're getting. But I still have access to both of them through my Download List, because I did "buy" them a while ago when the first were added. It's just a weird kink in the system and I would think you're experiencing the exact same problem as me, just with a different game.

[quote name='derkduck']Catherine worth the 20 bucks? Been wanting to check it out for awhile and 20 doesnt seem to bad of a price.[/QUOTE]

I thought so. The story was okay, but the different endings were amusing (the true bad anyway). Also there is some fantastic music, plus babel will definitely offer you a challenge, which also has a secret ending.

[quote name='derkduck']Catherine worth the 20 bucks? Been wanting to check it out for awhile and 20 doesnt seem to bad of a price.[/QUOTE]I suggest going with a physical copy over digital though. Catherine doesn't have much replay value from what I've read other than the different endings. Luckily for you, Amazon currently has physical copies of the game for the same price: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331557

[quote name='PimpLimp']I suggest going with a physical copy over digital though. Catherine doesn't have much replay value from what I've read other than the different endings. Luckily for you, Amazon currently has physical copies of the game for the same price: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331557[/QUOTE]

This x10. I bought Catherine on PSN during the Atlas sale awhile back and was pretty entertained initially. Towards the end I was totally bored/annoyed by it and was kicking myself for not holding out for a physical copy.

[quote name='derkduck']Catherine worth the 20 bucks? Been wanting to check it out for awhile and 20 doesnt seem to bad of a price.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah

better than any game that game out this year imo, i'd say top 5 for last year

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Thanks for the heads up! I'll check but I don't think so. All the other games I have previously downloaded say "Purchased" instead of a crossed out price and "Free".[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem with hmmm I think Bloodrayne. I "bought" it free with PS+ but it appears as if I didn't and the same error appears, but with Bloodrayne, not LBP.

I believe it is just a glitch from the new store.

Talking about the new store, I like the look, but it waaaaay too slow for me. I'm really missing the old store, even though that one was also slow, but not this slow.

**It's in my History though.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Hmmm......not sure if I want to grab Okami or wait for the NISA sale coming up with my $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've played Okami before, but I just finished it for the first time and loved it. Easily one of the best $20 gaming purchases I've made in a while.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Hmmm......not sure if I want to grab Okami or wait for the NISA sale coming up with my $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

I would wait for the upcoming NIS sale. And if there's nothing you want, then you can buy Okami. Not like Okami is going anywhere.

Speaking of which, does NIS have any cool games on PSN for PS3 that aren't full-on RPGs? I have Legasista and I've enjoyed that, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any other NIS games I may enjoy.

Wasnt there a hint at a free puzzle game or something? With the random persona games price drops if it ends up being Catherine ill cry.

If you like Zelda and are interested in the art style (nature themes, watercolor painting themes) then Okami is a must have. I am a huge Zelda fan and Okami is up there with the best of them.

The game is a surprisingly long adventure. There's boss battles, large overworld field areas, many dungeons, interesting characters, humor, multiple powers to unlock, various weapons to find and power up, and the art style is freaking amazing in my opinion.

I was pleasantly surprised that the Move controls on the PS3 version really add to the experience by making the drawing portions feel fluid and natural. The only gripe I have with the Move controls is that I wish the camera controls were triggered by the left trigger on the navigation controller instead of the tiny square button on the Move wand (it's a little hard to attack and adjust the camera simultaneously). Other than this minor gripe I am pleased with the HD version. The game looks amazing on my HDTV and the Move controls feel great. :)

Also wanted to say that I also received my $20 promotion credit via a PSN message earlier today and used some of it to pick up Persona 3: FES. :D

I also got my $20 notification on my PS3 but for some reason the message didn't show up on my Vita. How would someone who only purchases things on their Vita ever get their $20 back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back