PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpghope18']I'm not sure if anyone else is looking forward to Final Fantasy XIV when it hits consoles early next year. I'm willing to give the game a chance, since I have liked what they have been doing to fix everything with the game.

They just had a new CG trailer come out that should have your jaw drop. Always a plus having Uematsu come back for music too, just sounds so amazing. Hope you enjoy! :bouncy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM[/QUOTE]

Been waiting ages for this game, I'm so hyped. Hope I can get in the eventual beta.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Really? You're applauding that? That was one of the shittier insults I've seen on here.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was pretty proud of that. To hear that you didn't appreciate it really hurts me though. I've looked up to you for a while. You're always posting such insightful things that add to the discussion here. I particularly remember your post where you stated "I love scene girls". That had me thinking for hours. I even remember that post you made that was over one line long; I was so shocked. I thought to myself: "Who would have thought he could string more than 10 words together?" I personally never thought you had it in you.

[quote name='blehman']Damn, I was pretty proud of that. To hear that you didn't appreciate it really hurts me though. I've looked up to you for a while. You're always posting such insightful things that add to the discussion here. I particularly remember your post where you stated "I love scene girls". That had me thinking for hours. I even remember that post you made that was over one line long; I was so shocked. I thought to myself: "Who would have thought he could string more than 10 words together?" I personally never thought you had it in you.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that you've remembered my posts cause I have no idea who you are. Your attempts at insults are terrible though. You should practice.

[quote name='rpghope18']I'm not sure if anyone else is looking forward to Final Fantasy XIV when it hits consoles early next year. I'm willing to give the game a chance, since I have liked what they have been doing to fix everything with the game.

They just had a new CG trailer come out that should have your jaw drop. Always a plus having Uematsu come back for music too, just sounds so amazing. Hope you enjoy! :bouncy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM[/QUOTE]

That's the ending of FFXIV Vanilla, isn't it? Looks amazing, and I'm actually really excited about ARR, since it's going to be my 1st MMORPG.

They just had a new CG trailer come out that should have your jaw drop. Always a plus having Uematsu come back for music too, just sounds so amazing. Hope you enjoy! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Will it be a $60 game with a $15/month fee? That turns me off so much, that business model is really outdated in 2012-2013. Guild Wars/2 did it right. And look at a lot of others go free to play, like Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Aion: Ascension, Ragnarok Online, RuneScape, Everquest 2: Extended, City of Heroes, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, to name a few.

Kotaku write up: http://kotaku.com/5937575/the-subscription-mmo-is-dead

The fact that FF14 already failed, bombed bad, leaves me no faith at all in the revamp. I don't care what they fix, it can't ever be fixed in the eyes of the public imo. If it really will be a $60 (PS3) game with a $15/month fee, it would just be an insult. But that's just how I feel. Now say it heads in the direction of DC Universe Online (only other PS3 MMO I know of) I would give it a shot.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Will it be a $60 game with a $15/month fee? That turns me off so much, that business model is really outdated in 2012-2013. Guild Wars/2 did it right. And look at a lot of others go free to play, like Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Aion: Ascension, Ragnarok Online, RuneScape, Everquest 2: Extended, City of Heroes, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, to name a few.

Kotaku write up: http://kotaku.com/5937575/the-subscription-mmo-is-dead

The fact that FF14 already failed, bombed bad, leaves me no faith at all in the revamp. I don't care what they fix, it can't ever be fixed in the eyes of the public imo. If it really will be a $60 (PS3) game with a $15/month fee, it would just be an insult. But that's just how I feel. Now say it heads in the direction of DC Universe Online (only other PS3 MMO I know of) I would give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it will have the $15 monthly fee, and I doubt it will go Free2Play again.

Considering FFXI is still going strong with the monthly fee and XIV on PC has been doing good with the fee once Square fixed the problems and released version 2.0.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/11/the-drop-week-of-november-12th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
Vita

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified - Also on PSN – Before the future could be won, history had to be written. Exposing that story exclusively on PlayStation Vita, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified explores original fiction in the Call of Duty Black Ops universe with an all-new campaign of Special Ops missions. Optimized for gamers on-the-go, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified delivers the most intense handheld Call of Duty experience to date, including both Special Ops Story mode and Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita.

PlayStation Network

Planets Under Attack
– Planets under Attack offers a surprising depth of gameplay, while its intuitive controls allow even casual gamers to pick it up and feel comfortable immediately. In addition to the addicting gameplay, Planets under Attack is an obvious labor of love.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – The highly-anticipated sequel to 2000′s legendary Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is being brought to home consoles with all of the action seen in the arcades along with unique content and features that can’t be seen anywhere else.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 delivers new and returning characters in the largest roster ever. Experience the most advanced attack mechanics, ultimate combo move sets and new battle modes. With innovative features to broaden Tekken consumer accessibility, unlimited fighter combinations and multiple ways to challenge your friends, it’s time to get ready for the next battle.

Wicked Monster Blast! HD – Wicked Monster Blast HD is a shooting gallery game for all ages in which you use the PlayStation Move to blast enemies and solve puzzles! Choose your favorite from a cast of crazy characters to take on over 10 crazy missions with up to four of your friends!

SingStar Digital – SingStar’s selection of music ranges from classics over pop to rock, complete with music videos starring everyone from the Village People to Blondie. On-screen overlays display the voice pitch in real-time. Developed by SCE’s London studio, SingStar has grown to become the firm’s most successful casual gaming franchise, selling more than 16 million units in Europe alone.

Demos

F1 Race Stars
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Planets Under Attack
Ragnarok Odyssey

Sorry if it has been asked recently, but when is playstation plus hitting the vita? Im holding off on a few games waiting to see if they are added to the free offerings on the vita.

[quote name='dabsac80']Sorry if it has been asked recently, but when is playstation plus hitting the vita? Im holding off on a few games waiting to see if they are added to the free offerings on the vita.[/QUOTE]

November.

Wondering what kind of deals we will see when the Best of 2012 sale happens. Oh...and I can't f*#$ing wait for Walking Dead Episode 5!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']We might find out some info about Vita Plus today since this is when they post the Plus updates.[/QUOTE]

Hope so its already mid November! They should have stuff before ppl but vitas on black friday

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hope so its already mid November! They should have stuff before ppl but vitas on black friday[/QUOTE]

If they're gonna do it, it seems crazy to wait past this week. Next week will not get much attention due to the holiday and it will be after Black Friday the following week. You are right that this is the perfect time to push people over the edge who are on the fence for a Vita and drum up interest in others.

That being said, Sony's marketing is often so poorly done that they may miss the boat entirely and announce it on November 30th. The only way they could effectively wait past this week is if they are giving away Playstation Allstars Battle Royale for PS Plus, which definitely won't happen.

8168241956_c8c2b5c84b_z.jpg

Quantum Conundrum fuck ya!!!!!!

Also got it right in Frisky's guessing game again as well, but I know many others guessed QC as well!

Hell of a month for PS+, this is going to the top of my backlog.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Quantum Conundrum fuck ya!!!!!!

Also got it right in Frisky's guessing game again as well, but I know many others guessed QC as well!

Hell of a month for PS+, this is going to the top of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Sweet avatar change. I have nothing of value to add to the thread.

I have Quantum Conundrum on Steam, but I haven't started it yet, so I'll probably play it on PS3 instead. Definitely gonna pass on Machinarium.

Hmm, not bad. Considering it was made by one of the designers of Portal, I was waiting for a sale to happen to try it out, but there's no excuse now.

Kind of wish the DLC was on sale as well.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']2 games i can play on my PC. meh.[/QUOTE]

Is that your criteria for judging a game's merits? Cause if so, I bet you meh quite a bit.

[quote name='Tsel']I have Quantum Conundrum on Steam, but I haven't started it yet, so I'll probably play it on PS3 instead. Definitely gonna pass on Machinarium.[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with Machinarium? I was just reading some reviews on it (was totally off my radar till now) and it seems to be pretty widely praised. Was thinking I would pick it up.

[quote name='sunghost']Machinarium has been bundled a million times on PC, wouldn't surprise me if it ended up free for PS+.[/QUOTE]

Yup. In fact, Machinarium is currently in the Humble Indie Bundle. Obviously this is a PS3 focused thread and you won't get a key for PSN, but $6.16 (current price, it will keep slowly rising) isn't too bad for it DRM-free and on Steam for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. It's definitely worth considering even if you greatly prefer games on PS3 because the system requirements are very low and it's not really made with a controller in mind. Also, it comes with 5 other games and more when the bonuses are unlocked this week.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I'd probably still rather play games on my PS3 then PC, but when a game is widely available for cheap, I'll go that route instead.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is that your criteria for judging a game's merits? Cause if so, I bet you meh quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

yes, if the PS+ offerings are things I can already play on PC at higher res and framerate, I am not interested in them.

and no, I've gotten a ton of games from the past year of owning PS+.

Have both of these on Steam and havent really put much time into either. Not crazy about point and click adventure games so Machinarium isnt really my thing so far, and will probably never been played through. I have played a little more QC and its pretty cool so far, in the same vein as Portal 2 with the humor and puzzle designs so if you liked the Portal games its probably good for you.

[quote name='Tsel']I have Quantum Conundrum on Steam, but I haven't started it yet, so I'll probably play it on PS3 instead. Definitely gonna pass on Machinarium.[/QUOTE]

same here, played it for about an hour and never got around to finishing it

[quote name='Seraphinianus']yes, if the PS+ offerings are things I can already play on PC at higher res and framerate, I am not interested in them.[/QUOTE]

Soooo, basically a majority of the games offered? Considering most multi-platform games have ports that run better on the PC.

Looking forward to Quantum Conundrum. Almost bought it back when it was on sale, glad I held off. Passing on Machinarium though, considering EU got it for free and I already have it on PC thanks to a Humble Bundle.

doh. i bought quantum conundrum for $15 to get past the $100 mark last month. now i feel like all those people that got one piece and then $20 sale. oh wells. guess i got $5 still free overall...

[quote name='Zerok']Soooo, basically a majority of the games offered? Considering most multi-platform games have ports that run better on the PC.
[/QUOTE]

Many of them yes, but there are plenty that aren't, more than enough to keep me happy with the service. Do you buy and play the majority of PS+ games and discounts offered? It doesn't take a whole lot to make up that $50 a year. Well, ~$30 for my first year and free for about the next 2+ years (thanks IGN!)

what's with the inquisition into my PS+ game preferences, fuck off :lol:

A question about PS+. Mine had expired, and I just picked up the Journey Collection yesterday from Gamestop. It came with the 1 month trial, which I registered with my account. Now, can I add a 12 month subscription on top of that, or do I have to wait until the end of the trial to can it so that it won't charge me the 3 month add-on?

[quote name='TheLongshot']A question about PS+. Mine had expired, and I just picked up the Journey Collection yesterday from Gamestop. It came with the 1 month trial, which I registered with my account. Now, can I add a 12 month subscription on top of that, or do I have to wait until the end of the trial to can it so that it won't charge me the 3 month add-on?[/QUOTE]

subscriptions always stack - buy your 12 month sub now so you won't get charged the 3-month add-on

you will now have 13 months of service

[quote name='mpaullin']Whats wrong with Machinarium? I was just reading some reviews on it (was totally off my radar till now) and it seems to be pretty widely praised. Was thinking I would pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Machinarium is a point-and-click style adventure game, I believe. It seems like a lot of us in this thread (myself included) find games like those rather boring, no matter how finely polished they are.

Plus it's been in multiple Humble Bundles. So I'm sure a lot of people on here already got it for extremely cheap, and for a system that the game is better built for (i.e. you can actually "point" and "click" using a computer).

And as others have mentioned, here is the comment where Morgan says the PS3 will be getting another free game next week.

[quote name='TheLongshot']A question about PS+. Mine had expired, and I just picked up the Journey Collection yesterday from Gamestop. It came with the 1 month trial, which I registered with my account. Now, can I add a 12 month subscription on top of that, or do I have to wait until the end of the trial to can it so that it won't charge me the 3 month add-on?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it works with trial subscriptions, but I have been able to stack annual subscriptions. There is painfully little info on the internet about subscriptions stacking, but a few websites (including official Sony sites) do say it can be done. Oddly enough, I have not been able to find anywhere that tells you a limit. I know Xbox Live has a 4 year stacking limit, but cannot find details for PS Plus. I'd love to know if anyone has an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back