PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wow, I did not expect them to give out those games, some of the best on the system.

Let's go see who has the nerve to complain on the PS Blog.[/QUOTE]

Someone will because they already own them but other than that I dont think they'll get many complaints at all. If they make this as good as PS+ for PS3 it could really....really help the Vita I think. PS+ is one hell of a deal.

So glad I own a Vita now. Got it just in time. Only own Tales From Space so this is going to be an awesome collection. Guess this will make paying for a 32GB stick worth it.

Holy Shit at that selection. More than double what I expected to see them offer! If I get a shot at a $200 Vita on Black Friday, I'll be buying one. No doubt about it at this point.

[quote name='Bosamba']Holy Hell, what a selection! :hot: And to think I was bummed out when I missed that Walmart Vita Sale.

Edit: And looks like Dungeon Defenders is the next game they're adding to the :ps3: Instant Game Collection.[/QUOTE]

Where did you find that info about Dungeon Defenders?

EDIT: Duh, in the update picture. Good catch!!! And another awesome game that I don't have, I was luckily able to resist it on sale for $7.50.

At this point, I feel like I'm taking advantage of Sony with the PS+ program.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Where did you find that info about Dungeon Defenders?

EDIT: Duh, in the update picture. Good catch!!! And another awesome game that I don't have, I was luckily able to resist it on sale for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wow, I did not expect them to give out those games, some of the best on the system.

You won't see many complaints because these actually appear to be games...people want? No one "complained" when Sony relaunched and rebranded the IGC in June. It's the following months that irritated people. Also, you do realize there's a type of a person that even takes the time to register and correspond with a business on its official blog? A person that is likely more critical and discerning than the average consumer.

Anyway, that's a crazy lineup. Don't have a vita yet, but I'm considering it more than I ever thought I would. And for people already on the edge, this will probably be the bump they need (especially with holiday sales).

[quote name='laseractive']So glad I own a Vita now. Got it just in time. Only own Tales From Space so this is going to be an awesome collection. Guess this will make paying for a 32GB stick worth it.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 32gb simply for convenience. I hate switching out cards.

!!!

Hot damn, go Sony. I somehow only own the PSP FFT on that list (and already beat Uncharted, but why not go another round for trophy fun). Blew past my expectations by a mile.

I really hope that MS is going to launch something similar to keep things competitive. I really dont see how anyone can pay for Live at this point.

I don't own an Xbox(haven't for awhile) so I don't care either way but it would be nice to see them add some value to their service.

Still though, Sony is doing something extremely right for a change so yay us!

That's awesome - I've been waiting on a good price to pickup Uncharted. Free is that price. ;) I already own Gravity Rush, but since it's trading in for $21 at BB right now, I'm definitely not complaining about that one.

Damn, that is a GREAT selection of free Vita games. Seriously wish I could get PS+ to work on my Vita, but thanks to the 1 account limit, I can't download games on my master account & play them on my sub account which I mainly use....

Totally recommend Gravity Rush. Rather surprised that's one of the free games.

I also noticed Dungeon Defenders is coming to PS+ for free as well.

*jizzes* :shock::shock: HOLY SHIT AT THAT SELECTION! Trading in my UC and definitely renewing. Don't have any of those yet. Anybody got a cheap 16 gig memory card lol

I would complain, though thats for the simple fact I have everything (except for JSR, though I have the PS3 version and rather not have the Vita one). With that exception aside, good month if you lack those games. Quite sad I traded for Uncharted a week or two ago, but I am use to missing out on Plus deals. Hopefully I will luck out next time with some Lumines or Silent Hill. BTW, did anyone else notice that Dungeon Defender is listed too? I guess thats next weeks game, so that might imply they intended to do this next week, but bumped it ahead.

---

Also does anyone else find it funny how announcing this yesterday would have made MANY more people happy?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Did you call them and ask?[/QUOTE]

Yup, they gave me one of the best and most bs run arounds I have ever received. First guy I talked to over email basically said he could get me refunded, I send him my info and the guy who responds to it said the first guy was wrong and nothing could be done. Next 2 people I talked to said the same.

Even tried calling the hotline, only to get denied and barraged with requests to sign up for that 45$ warranty service due to "Defects with the Super Slim" according to the rep. Though since they did this for WWE, I'll try calling again later and see what they say now.

If people didnt actually read/watch the blog, I thought this was pretty interesting in itself. Sounds like it could be a pretty good update coming:

..."some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser".

Sounds good to me.

Holy fuck!!! Sooooo glad I waited on getting Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush. Now two of the games I've wanted for my Vita the most I'm getting for free. And we're FINALLY getting JSR for Vita, a game I was willing to pay for, for free as well. God I want to make sweet, sweet love to you Sony. 6 free Vita games available at anytime? Yes please!

Vita is also getting it's own 1GB of cloud storage.

Also just curious, how soon did the WWE DLC pass release before it went on sale? Wonder if it was closer or just as long as the time it took One Piece to go on sale.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yup, they gave me one of the best and most bs run arounds I have ever received. First guy I talked to over email basically said he could get me refunded, I send him my info and the guy who responds to it said the first guy was wrong and nothing could be done. Next 2 people I talked to said the same.

Even tried calling the hotline, only to get denied and barraged with requests to sign up for that 45$ warranty service due to "Defects with the Super Slim" according to the rep. Though since they did this for WWE, I'll try calling again later and see what they say now.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, sorry to hear that man.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ouch, sorry to hear that man.[/QUOTE]

Damn, didn't recognize you with the Avatar change haha. Home Movies was such a good show.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If people didnt actually read/watch the blog, I thought this was pretty interesting in itself. Sounds like it could be a pretty good update coming:

..."some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser".

Sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]They also mentioned that the the update for the Vita will include automatic software updates and trophy syncing like with the PS3. As well as being able to tweak some PSOne game settings.

Well just sent a new email to customer service, along with that WWE screencap. Hopefully that helps my case, or I get someone who isnt a robot (Like the first guy I talked to)

[quote name='jacknicklson']I really hope that MS is going to launch something similar to keep things competitive. I really dont see how anyone can pay for Live at this point.

I don't own an Xbox(haven't for awhile) so I don't care either way but it would be nice to see them add some value to their service.

Still though, Sony is doing something extremely right for a change so yay us![/QUOTE]

i don't see them making changes because their way has worked so well

you need Live to play online, which is something the average call of duty or halo fan can't live without

most gamers don't care about getting bigger sales on downloadable games, infact i don't think most gamers even pay attention to downloadable games

:whistle2:#. As that dude says in the commercial: 'Well played Sony...well played'.

Hmm, do I trade in my games for a larger memory card? Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='RealDeals']Damn, didn't recognize you with the Avatar change haha. Home Movies was such a good show.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's funny how important avatars are on here. That's how I recognize everyone too, so I try to change mine rarely.

Home Movies is great, I'll always throw on a random episode on Netflix

I really didnt want to have to go out Black Friday, yet this PS+ deal for Vita just might make me...or I can try and convince the wife to get it while she is out....hmmm.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Swear my hype for this game is unmatched. Just sucks that I'll be out of town the day it comes out, I pray my Gamestop will hold my Solid Gold Edition for me (Or possibly let me pick it up the day before)[/QUOTE]This. It's the very last new game that I plan on buying this year and I expect it to hold me over well into 2013.

[quote name='PimpLimp']This. It's the very last new game that I plan on buying this year and I expect it to hold me over well into 2013.[/QUOTE]

It's time to make history!

finally some free games for the vita and they are all great games too, to be honest I was expecting to get a Hot Shots game, Little Deviants or Modnation Racers so I'm a little bit surprised to say the least. Now I need to get a bigger memory card to download these games, my 8GB is already full

[quote name='LazyTriangle']finally some free games for the vita and they are all great games too, to be honest I was expecting to get a Hot Shots game, Little Deviants or Modnation Racers so I'm a little bit surprised to say the least. Now I need to get a bigger memory card to download these games, my 8GB is already full[/QUOTE]

Would gladly accept Hot Shots instead of any of the big 3.

[quote name='PimpLimp']This. It's the very last new game that I plan on buying this year and I expect it to hold me over well into 2013.[/QUOTE]

Heck yes, this is my last purchase for the year as well. It's crazy but this is my most hyped game of the year. It's going to be one long week.

Saying this before the big Steam holiday sale? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Do all Vita games on cartridge save to the cartridge itself? Or is there a list of games that save on the memory card? I'm pretty far in Uncharted and about 25% through Gravity Rush, is there a way to keep my saves or will I have to start from scratch since I own both physically?

[quote name='Tsel']I absolutely need a Vita now.[/QUOTE]

This. Gravity Rush was one of the reasons I wanted a Vita in the first place, and now I get it for free? Amazing selection. I hope I can get a Vita this year.

much better than i expected. only ones i had guessed were uncharted and tales from space. i also hope the bloggers don't ruin getting psp games. i actually don't mind getting them, and i want them. i think the current 5-1 ratio is more than fair.

[quote name='Derextreme']much better than i expected. only ones i had guessed were uncharted and tales from space. i also hope the bloggers don't ruin getting psp games. i actually don't mind getting them, and i want them. i think the current 5-1 ratio is more than fair.[/QUOTE]

I was actually hoping for 2 PSP games.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']which games are Europeans getting? (just curious)[/QUOTE]
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/13/playstation-plus-for-ps-vita-launch-details-confirmed/

November 21 (launch)
Chronovolt
Gravity Rush
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

And an additional 20% discount on:
Escape Plan
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Modnation Racers: Road Trip
Motorstorm RC
Reality Fighters
Super Stardust Delta (+ Advanced Star Fighter Pack Bundle)
Top Darts
Unit 13

[quote name='LazyTriangle']which games are Europeans getting? (just curious)[/QUOTE]

Looks like Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Mutant Blobs Attack, and a new game I had never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back