PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']Is quantum conundrum move-compatible?
(Didn't find anything on the web about it. Wishful thinking, I guess)[/QUOTE]There's no Move support for the game.

How long does a deal usually stay around for?
I might get Persona 3 FES and sell my PS2 copy on Glyde or something.
Only ever got through campaign once but never really played FES...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I don't know how it works with trial subscriptions, but I have been able to stack annual subscriptions. There is painfully little info on the internet about subscriptions stacking, but a few websites (including official Sony sites) do say it can be done. Oddly enough, I have not been able to find anywhere that tells you a limit. I know Xbox Live has a 4 year stacking limit, but cannot find details for PS Plus. I'd love to know if anyone has an answer.[/QUOTE]

I know subscriptions stack. I was wondering if I did stack the 12 month subscription if it would keep the auto-renewal of the trial from executing. Someone up above said it would, but I'm trying to make sure.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I know subscriptions stack. I was wondering if I did stack the 12 month subscription if it would keep the auto-renewal of the trial from executing. Someone up above said it would, but I'm trying to make sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the auto renewal will only kick in when you current subscription is expiring (I would assume it charges the card when you have just a few days left prior to expiration). I did not have to do anything on mine to prevent it from charging my card since it just extended the expiration date of my subscription. Maybe the trials are different, but I don't see why they would work differently. You are basically just "buying" a one month subscription for free and then stacking something else on top of it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I know subscriptions stack. I was wondering if I did stack the 12 month subscription if it would keep the auto-renewal of the trial from executing. Someone up above said it would, but I'm trying to make sure.[/QUOTE]

It takes 5 seconds to turn off, what is the problem either way?

I know it can be troublesome if you don't know about it(even though they blatantly tell you)

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I'm pretty sure the auto renewal will only kick in when you current subscription is expiring (I would assume it charges the card when you have just a few days left prior to expiration). I did not have to do anything on mine to prevent it from charging my card since it just extended the expiration date of my subscription. Maybe the trials are different, but I don't see why they would work differently. You are basically just "buying" a one month subscription for free and then stacking something else on top of it.[/QUOTE]

The only reason why I ask was that the trial required me to enter in a credit card.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ate-solve-a-quantum-conundrum-free-with-plus/

Last week, we revealed that Resident Evil 5 would be free for PS Plus members. Now we’re welcoming Quantum Conundrum into the Instant Game Collection. It’s a ground-breaking title in its own right, so read on to learn a bit more about it, along with another great deal for Plus members. This update’s content will be in effect with the November 13th PS Store Update.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 13th PlayStation Plus Update

Quantum Conundrum

Free for Plus Members

Designed by Kim Swift (one of the original developers of the classic game Portal), Quantum Conundrum is an amazing first person puzzler which gives you the power to hop through different dimensions, manipulating the very physical traits of the world around you in real time on a quest to save your inventor Uncle, Professor Fitz Quadwrangle! Check out IGN’s video review of the game below to find out why Quantum Conundrum is super clever, a ton of fun, and definitely worth playing.

Machinarium

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

If you haven’t had the chance to play through this adventure, now might be the time. Machinarium is a point-and-click game that immerses you in a remarkable world to solve puzzles and complete your journey. Find out why it was awarded the Excellence in Visual Art award at the Independent Games Festival and download with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update.

There’s more exciting news for PS Plus right around the corner (hint: PS Vita owners, and to-be PS Vita owners will love it), so stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more exciting PS Plus content coming your way. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!
Quantum Conundrum was the game I assumed would be announced for this week, so I was right on that. The wording on the hint last week ("puzzling new addition") is what tipped it off for me.

Next week seems to be the week for PS+ on Vita, which will be nice with it being a holiday week.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Next week seems to be the week for PS+ on Vita, which will be nice with it being a holiday week.[/QUOTE]

You think so? Morgan does make it sound like it's coming really soon, but he also specifically mentioned that we would be getting another PS3 game added to the IGC next week, to me it feels like he is explicitly stating that we won't get a Vita game next week.

I don't imagine we'd get both in the same week, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You think so? Morgan does make it sound like it's coming really soon, but he also specifically mentioned that we would be getting another PS3 game added to the IGC next week, to me it feels like he is explicitly stating that we won't get a Vita game next week.

I don't imagine we'd get both in the same week, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Reading all his comments gives me the impression he's an idiot. 1 post he implies it's next week and in another he implies it won't be next week and in another he talks about managing expectations. I think we all went in expecting the last week of November, so... who is REALLY surprised?

[quote name='jacknicklson']It takes 5 seconds to turn off, what is the problem either way?

I know it can be troublesome if you don't know about it(even though they blatantly tell you)[/QUOTE]

Not what he's concerned about. He thinks that if he adds a year to his subscription, the auto-renew will still trigger after his month trial and add another three months to his subscription. I don't know why he thinks this would happen though.

[quote name='admiralvic']Reading all his comments gives me the impression he's an idiot. 1 post he implies it's next week and in another he implies it won't be next week and in another he talks about managing expectations. I think we all went in expecting the last week of November, so... who is REALLY surprised?[/QUOTE]

All the people who thinks "in November" means Nov. 1 and no other date.

[quote name='admiralvic']Reading all his comments gives me the impression he's an idiot. 1 post he implies it's next week and in another he implies it won't be next week and in another he talks about managing expectations. I think we all went in expecting the last week of November, so... who is REALLY surprised?[/QUOTE]

I like Morgan a lot, but I do think he should be more consistent in his wording. Something like "PS+ for Vita is coming soon, at this point we're still on track for a November unveiling" and then use that same wording in all his comments.

And I wish more people were like you. I'd say the vast majority expected it the first week of November. It's much better to expect it the last week of November, and if we get it any earlier, than that's just a nice bonus. Alas, many don't feel that way.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I like Morgan a lot, but I do think he should be more consistent in his wording. Something like "PS+ for Vita is coming soon, at this point we're still on track for a November unveiling" and then use that same wording in all his comments.

And I wish more people were like you. I'd say the vast majority expected it the first week of November. It's much better to expect it the last week of November, and if we get it any earlier, than that's just a nice bonus. Alas, many don't feel that way.[/QUOTE]

also to be fair
[11/12/12 4:24:28 PM] Vic: Morgan should say the last day of November
[11/12/12 4:24:33 PM] Vic: then if it happens earlier
[11/12/12 4:24:35 PM] Vic: people are happy
[11/12/12 4:25:16 PM] Cam: true

Exactly what I said to my friend earlier.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I like Morgan a lot, but I do think he should be more consistent in his wording. [/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I was criticized for saying the exact same thing in this very thread a few weeks ago. :bouncy: Oh well.

I already have Machinarium on the PC. I sometimes don't mind double dipping (Limbo, Braid), but I can't imagine playing Machinarium with a controller. QC looks like a nice treat, though!

Btw, how do I change "CAG Veteran"? I have plans to replace it with #1 Sony Hater.

[quote name='breakfuss']Hmmm. I was criticized for saying the exact same thing in this very thread a few weeks ago. :bouncy: Oh well.

I already have Machinarium on the PC. I sometimes don't mind double dipping (Limbo, Braid), but I can't imagine playing Machinarium with a controller. QC looks like a nice treat, though!

Btw, how do I change "CAG Veteran"? I have plans to replace it with #1 Sony Hater.[/QUOTE]

I believe you need 500 posts, though I recall some saying you gain that power after 1 year.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The only reason why I ask was that the trial required me to enter in a credit card.[/QUOTE]

-You can remove your CC info. (Account Management > Account Information > Billing Info)
-Also, you can turn off Auto-Funding (Account Management > Transaction Management > Auto Funding > On/Off)
-And you can turn off PS+ auto-renewal (Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PlayStation Plus > Cancel Automatic renewal

[quote name='admiralvic']I believe you need 500 posts, though I recall some saying you gain that power after 1 year.[/QUOTE]You need to be a member for at least a year. I still have under 500 posts and can obviously change mine.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You think so? Morgan does make it sound like it's coming really soon, but he also specifically mentioned that we would be getting another PS3 game added to the IGC next week, to me it feels like he is explicitly stating that we won't get a Vita game next week.

I don't imagine we'd get both in the same week, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]
You do realize that they're trying to do a game for PS3 PS+ every week now, right? PS+ on Vita will also be getting multiple games to start off its IGC like they did for PS3, so there won't be just the one game added for Vita.

They also specifically said it's "right around the corner" in the post when there was zero mention of PS+ for Vita in last week's post.

If you have problems with it, feel free to post on the PS Blog so that he sees how much people hate it and we'll get nothing in the comments from now on.

Quantum Conundrum was never even on my radar before. As a non-portal fan, should I bother? (didn't like the portal style puzzling)

[quote name='AkariK']Quantum Conundrum was never even on my radar before. As a non-portal fan, should I bother? (didn't like the portal style puzzling)[/QUOTE]

It's free, at least try it out. But yes, its puzzles are similar to Portal. Plus, the voice over is done by John de Lancie, so it's got that going for it.

[quote name='breakfuss']
Btw, how do I change "CAG Veteran"? I have plans to replace it with #1 Sony Hater.[/QUOTE]

User Ranks/Privileges
CAG Ultra Noob: 0-2 days - can't do much of anything
CAG Newbie: 2-29 days (cannot use signature or create threads in Trading Forum)
CAG in Training: 30-269 days
CAG Veteran: 270-364 days and/or 250+ posts (can add images to signature)
CAGiversary!: 365 days and beyond and 50+ posts (can create custom titles)

Source

[quote name='PimpLimp']You need to be a member for at least a year. I still have under 500 posts and can obviously change mine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kotomine']User Ranks/Privileges
CAG Ultra Noob: 0-2 days - can't do much of anything
CAG Newbie: 2-29 days (cannot use signature or create threads in Trading Forum)
CAG in Training: 30-269 days
CAG Veteran: 270-364 days and/or 250+ posts (can add images to signature)
CAGiversary!: 365 days and beyond and 50+ posts (can create custom titles)

Source[/QUOTE]

How things have changed since I joined @_@

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You do realize that they're trying to do a game for PS3 PS+ every week now, right? PS+ on Vita will also be getting multiple games to start off its IGC like they did for PS3, so there won't be just the one game added for Vita.

They also specifically said it's "right around the corner" in the post when there was zero mention of PS+ for Vita in last week's post.

If you have problems with it, feel free to post on the PS Blog so that he sees how much people hate it and we'll get nothing in the comments from now on.[/QUOTE]

Yes I realize that they're "trying" to do a game each week for PS+, whether that is only for "PS3 for PS+" or that would encompass both PS3 and Vita games, I don't recall them explicitly stating. I also don't think that they have all the ground plans laid out for that, I think it will be a few months away still. But that is just speculation.

Also, I personally don't think the Vita IGC will consist of more than 3 games. Maybe 1-2 Vita games, and 1-2 PS One and PS Minis. Again, that's just speculation. I also personally think that the week that "PS+ on Vita" gets introduced, we won't get a PS3 game. Yet again, this is just personal speculation.

As for your last sentence, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or referring to.

[quote name='Clown069']I just got a Vita so i would love basically any game for free.[/QUOTE]

I just wants me some cloud storage so I can stop backing up to my laptop.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes I realize that they're "trying" to do a game each week for PS+, whether that is only for "PS3 for PS+" or that would encompass both PS3 and Vita games, I don't recall them explicitly stating. I also don't think that they have all the ground plans laid out for that, I think it will be a few months away still. But that is just speculation.

Also, I personally don't think the Vita IGC will consist of more than 3 games. Maybe 1-2 Vita games, and 1-2 PS One and PS Minis. Again, that's just speculation. I also personally think that the week that "PS+ on Vita" gets introduced, we won't get a PS3 game. Yet again, this is just personal speculation.

As for your last sentence, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or referring to.[/QUOTE]
I was talking to the general "you" of those that are complaining about this sort of stuff here instead of going to the source where they can actually do something about it if enough people bitch about it.

[quote name='rpg']new game coming next week for psn+ =)[/QUOTE]

No hints this time?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You do realize that they're trying to do a game for PS3 PS+ every week now, right? PS+ on Vita will also be getting multiple games to start off its IGC like they did for PS3, so there won't be just the one game added for Vita.[/QUOTE]

Since I'm not a Vita user (yet), I guess I'll be able to "purchase" the content anyway and be able to play it eventually (whenever I get a Vita)?

Quantum Conundrum is great news and I already played Machinarium. Beautiful game, but way too short, so $6.99 is a good price.

[quote name='StrangeInStereo']Since I'm not a Vita user (yet), I guess I'll be able to "purchase" the content anyway and be able to play it eventually (whenever I get a Vita)?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='renique46']Can't believe people are still this stupid as to get upset because "coming in November" doesn't mean Nov 1.[/QUOTE]

Well, that now makes two things you can't believe about people.

I admit I check the thread daily hoping the info for PS+ on Vita will finally be up. I know it's coming though so just gotta be patient. It's not as though I actually have time to play any more games right now, so whatever they give us on Plus is just going into the backlog anyway.

So excited about QC. I loved the demo when it came out, but didn't think I'd play it enough to buy it.

Also, I just browsed through the blot comments and it seems like every other comment is to complain that its halfway through November and there's been no Vita+ announcement. If I was in this industry, I'd get in the habit of announcing things to come out much later than I actually expected. And then...surprise! Seems like folks in this thread have the right idea.

[quote name='captaintek3304']So excited about QC. I loved the demo when it came out, but didn't think I'd play it enough to buy it.

Also, I just browsed through the blot comments and it seems like every other comment is to complain that its halfway through November and there's been no Vita+ announcement. If I was in this industry, I'd get in the habit of announcing things to come out much later than I actually expected. And then...surprise! Seems like folks in this thread have the right idea.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of when Sega released the Saturn at E3, about 6 months before anyone was expecting it. It was great publicity, but devs weren't ready and it put a ton of pressure on them to get games out before they were ready, along with a bunch of new systems with hardly any games beyond a tiny handful of launch titles and frustrated consumers. Now that I think about it, that sounds familiar... =)

I was reading the GameFAQs forums on the Vita version of Call of Duty (Declassified) and they are saying that the retail copy of the game comes with a voucher for a free copy of Call of Duty: Road of Victory (PSP).

Was this mentioned anywhere on the PS Blog? Would the digital PSN purchase also have the free PSP game?

[quote name='johnnypark']Reminds me of when Sega released the Saturn at E3, about 6 months before anyone was expecting it. It was great publicity, but devs weren't ready and it put a ton of pressure on them to get games out before they were ready, along with a bunch of new systems with hardly any games beyond a tiny handful of launch titles and frustrated consumers. Now that I think about it, that sounds familiar... =)[/QUOTE]
Wow, thats a blast from the past. I remember this happening and everyone in the gaming world was stunned. Stunned by such a stupid move by Sega. This was just another nail in their coffin.

[quote name='nightmare452']I was reading the GameFAQs forums on the Vita version of Call of Duty (Declassified) and they are saying that the retail copy of the game comes with a voucher for a free copy of Call of Duty: Road of Victory (PSP).

Was this mentioned anywhere on the PS Blog? Would the digital PSN purchase also have the free PSP game?[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty sweet if true.

[quote name='Zerok']PS+ for the Vita announced. Pretty damn good selection, although I own most of them. I'll take free FFT and Jet Set Radio.[/QUOTE]

Holy Hell, what a selection! :hot: And to think I was bummed out when I missed that Walmart Vita Sale.

Edit: And looks like Dungeon Defenders is the next game they're adding to the :ps3: Instant Game Collection.

[quote name='dgwillia006']God dammit, now I have to buy a bigger memory card. MGS HD Collection is taking up half my 8GB alone[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is annoying. They reallly need to drop the price on those. I had one but of course got rid of it so now I only have an 8GB card. Not going to be big enough at all now with downloadable games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back