PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saablic']So you are saying you created a PSN account when PSN was down? :roll:[/QUOTE]

I created it as soon as the first part of PSN was restored, but before everything else had been reinstated. The 14th, I think?

[quote name='xskaxninjax']That's true. I guess I overlooked that part a little bit. Although it's pretty stupid for a company to say "This is what we're gonna do to make it up to you guys for screwing up. Enjoy. Oh, btw, this may not apply to some people... but you'll have to wait a while to find out who."[/QUOTE]

You have to figure that if they allowed what you want though, everyone would just create extra accounts now and download everything.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']That's true. I guess I overlooked that part a little bit. Although it's pretty stupid for a company to say "This is what we're gonna do to make it up to you guys for screwing up. Enjoy. Oh, btw, this may not apply to some people... but you'll have to wait a while to find out who."[/QUOTE]
Boo hoo man seriously if thats why you bought a PS3 then you did it for the wrong reason anyway. Think about what your saying ... if they allowed post PSN outage registration and redemption of codes imagine how many BS accounts would be made on the first day it comes back up to abuse the system ... this was done to keep people from making 2,3,4,5,N numbers of accounts to abuse later on. It was pretty much assumed it would be this way from day one ... its called logic -_-

Isn't it kind of obvious that it would be the people that had PSN accounts during the down time? They could have spelled it out for everyone though right away that you had to have one before it went down I suppose. There wasn't any reason to hold off on the specific date your account had to be created on.

[quote name='typical guy']You have to figure that if they allowed what you want though, everyone would just create extra accounts now and download everything.[/QUOTE]

Well that's what I interpreted "existing accounts" to mean... that anyone having one before everything was reinstated would be eligible, and any account created thereafter would be excluded. Either way, they weren't very clear on it in the beginning, even though they were at a later date.

[quote name='Saablic']Don't worry it isn't gone. Follow the steps that have been posted many times to get your other pick.[/QUOTE]

I read that and it works thanks! Still a pain. I really would have thought sony would have been ready for all this traffic....:roll:

[quote name='ColdfireTrilogy']Boo hoo man seriously if thats why you bought a PS3 then you did it for the wrong reason anyway.[/QUOTE]

You're right... I probably shouldn't have even bought it to begin with. With the welcome back announcement and a cheap sale price it was an impulse buy, and I regret it now. I wanted to try a viable alternative to my 360 and xbox live, but I see now that it'll probably just collect dust.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I created it as soon as the first part of PSN was restored, but before everything else had been reinstated. The 14th, I think?[/QUOTE]

Oops sorry missed that part in that post. I was going by the one before it where you claimed you had an account for over a month but after they took it down.

Edit for above post: You are just getting a hard time for trying to sneak your way into a few free games. I am sure you can find plenty of fun games to play on the PS3 even if you miss out on 2 free games (which are cheap now anyway).

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

I can't access my Account Management. I can sign-in but I can't enter Account Management (>.>)

When I get past the 80710D36 error code & finally enter the store then the Welcome Back game icons are generic "Game #1" "Game #2" for both PS3 & PSP games...no #3 or 4 games. When I click on them I'm greeted with the 80710D36 error code again. Similar things happen when I try to switch to the Movies tab so I can't see anything regarding the free movie rentals.

Ah well. Just have to wait some more, so no change here xD

[quote name='ted_bundy']Wrong, whatever games you dl should be playable as long as you leave the original user account connected to the PSN account they were downloaded with on your PS3 user accounts list.[/QUOTE]

My point was, he can't just create a NEW user account now, and get the free games . . . you only get the free games if you HAD an account at the time of the outage. He said "if I create a new account will I get to keep the games", the answer is you don't get any games if you create a new account NOW. If he doesn't jhave access to the old account or doesn't "own" it, he doesn't get any free games.

Dang. I just updated for no reason. First of all I forgot my password that they had me change the dang thing too, and cannot recover it due to PSN being "down" for maintenance...what the heck man. I guess everyone had my same idea.

wonder if these can be gameshared. I got Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD since I already have the others, but if my roommate gets Infamous and LBP it might be nice to have them on the system instead of disc. Gonna have to try once he gets around to doing it.

Is the 30 days of PSN Plus available to those who signed up before 4/20? The website says ALL PSN members while the note for the free games mentions accounts before 4/20.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Well that's what I interpreted "existing accounts" to mean... that anyone having one before everything was reinstated would be eligible, and any account created thereafter would be excluded. Either way, they weren't very clear on it in the beginning, even though they were at a later date.[/QUOTE]
Sucks to be wrong sometimes. Bite your lip and move on, please.

I'm not sure if I became a Plus member. I saw it on the screen and went to get it but had some errors. Now I can't select it at all.

The deals from today's update:

PS3
DC Universe Online - $49.99 - Temporary Sale
Smash Cars - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Undergarden - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

Minis
5-In-1 Arcade Hits - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Arcade Air Hockey & Bowling - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
Arcade Darts - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
Blimp: The Flying Adventures - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Family Games - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
Minisquadron - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Shift Extended - $0.99 - Temporary Sale
Soccer Bashi - $1.99 - Temporary Sale

Add-ons
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Golden Weapons - $0.99 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Siege Expansion Pack - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Sidekick Skin Pack - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Drake’s Fortune MP Pack - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Eye of Indra 2 - $0.49 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Eye of Indra 3 - $0.49 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Eye of Indra 4 - $0.49 - Temporary Sale
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves - Eye of Indra 1-4 Bundle - $1.49 - Temporary Sale

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Smash Cars - $5.99
Worms - $5.00

Minis
Ace Armstrong vs. Alien Scumbags - $1.50
Cubixx - $1.00
Young Thor - $1.25

Add-ons
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Remix Vehicle Pack - $1.99

Resident Evil 4 Avatar Bundle - $0.99

Any suggestions on what PSP games to get? I'm definitely getting LBP but can not decide between the other 3... probably ModNation Racers but i'm not sure.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']You're right... I probably shouldn't have even bought it to begin with. With the welcome back announcement and a cheap sale price it was an impulse buy, and I regret it now. I wanted to try a viable alternative to my 360 and xbox live, but I see now that it'll probably just collect dust.[/QUOTE]

Have fun with that

Well I finally was able to get it to show the movies although only Ghostbusters, Final Fantasy, and Bad Boys showed up...if this is the offering I must chuckle a bit. It is free but I am hoping there is more than that.

Edit: Nope that looks like it is it. Are they changing them each day for the weekend?

[quote name='david12795']pardon my noobiness about uncharted 2. but is the eye of indra an added storyline?!??! never had the GOTY edition[/QUOTE]

It's a webcomic. You gets multiplayer skins if you buy the full pack though.

I got Infamous and Dead Nation after all of the bugs worked themselves out. I'll hold off on signing up for the free PS+ until I can add some money to my account - if nothing else, it's a free discount on whatever content is on sale for the next month (which I keep forever provided it's not a freebie). Works for me!

OT, but is the full BttF series up on PSN or is it just the first two? I'm really interested in the set - loved the demo and can't wait for more.

[quote name='david12795']pardon my noobiness about uncharted 2. but is the eye of indra an added storyline?!??! never had the GOTY edition[/QUOTE]
It's a motion comic where the bundle has some bonus stuff for the game.

With all these downloading (Got LBP, inFAMOUS, and the 3 free movie rentals), I think that takes up about 15% of my monthly cap from ATT DSL. :lol: Stupid 150GB/month.

[quote name='Thrinn']These errors aren't a surprise in the least. I doubt Sony has ever had deal with such a demand for bandwidth. With the exception of paying Plus members Sony is probably covering all the bandwidth cost out of their own pockets.[/QUOTE]

So you're telling me that Sony didn't expect large amounts of traffic after being down for months and then advertising freebies to all PSN members? Yeah that's it...

[quote name='JJSP']I got Infamous and Dead Nation after all of the bugs worked themselves out. I'll hold off on signing up for the free PS+ until I can add some money to my account - if nothing else, it's a free discount on whatever content is on sale for the next month (which I keep forever provided it's not a freebie). Works for me!

OT, but is the full BttF series up on PSN or is it just the first two? I'm really interested in the set - loved the demo and can't wait for more.[/QUOTE]
Three episodes are up right now and the other two will come over the next month or so. You can only buy the season as a bundle, so you'll get all of the episodes as they come out.

If you're having a lot of errors and issues downloading all the free stuff, check out playstation blog for instructions on how to get them. It helped me out a lot to get the two free PS3 games and two free PSP games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Three episodes are up right now and the other two will come over the next month or so. You can only buy the season as a bundle, so you'll get all of the episodes as they come out.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Frisky!

[quote name='Dysheekie']So you're telling me that Sony didn't expect large amounts of traffic after being down for months and then advertising freebies to all PSN members? Yeah that's it...[/QUOTE]

No, I'm telling you that they did expect it. That doesn't change the fact that even a company as large as Sony still has a limited amount of resources in which to handle such an demanding situation.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I'm not sure if I became a Plus member. I saw it on the screen and went to get it but had some errors. Now I can't select it at all.[/QUOTE]
When you're in the XMB
look at the top right of the screen where the time or clock is there should be a yellow plus sign.

Are they gamesharable?I don't remember my password after I reset so I can log in to my cousin's ps3 to gameshare. I checked in my download list and they appear there so I hope they are. Any confirmation from someone who has gameshared the free downloads?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']At some point beyond 6/7. No specifics yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I really, really wanted to get it already but half off is insane. I need to get a new PS3 though and have been holding off till after next week in hopes of price drop.

Tell me if this happened to you guys regarding Infamous:

When you successfully checkout w/ infamous and it is now part of your account download list, the red bag still doesn't appear next to the game in the ps store. Anyone else find that odd? There are red bags corresponding to the other games in the regular store (see view all titles) that you've purchased such as the wipeout hd bundle.

Nothing more $%##^ annoying than getting the "Error" message 1000 times.

Can't complete a transaction or add funds - ridiculous.

Glad I just bought one of these.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']When you're in the XMB
look at the top right of the screen where the time or clock is there should be a yellow plus sign.[/QUOTE]

Perfect! Thank you man.

Hey guys, are there ever deals on Playstation Plus subs like with XBOX Live how they go on sale all the time? I might go ahead and sign up after my trial ends.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that there was some SOCOM DLC for free on PSN Store but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for any help guys.

74f72a561fa83da2d6e37b2eb8c438bb.jpg

HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL GETTING ON? Is it just me? I cannot even sign in on the PSN website.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeSaveDave']Perfect! Thank you man.

Hey guys, are there ever deals on Playstation Plus subs like with XBOX Live how they go on sale all the time? I might go ahead and sign up after my trial ends.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that there was some SOCOM DLC for free on PSN Store but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for any help guys.[/QUOTE]
They offered three extra months with a one year sub until the end of March, but there hasn't been anything since then.

The Socom 4 DLC is there for me between Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves and the MAG DLC.

[quote name='Rukian']Y I can't see any free game in the store all in can see is a free pixel wonderland dynamic theme. :([/QUOTE]

means your account isnt eligible.

Exactly how my newest account was done.

Damn I bought a new ps3 and I lost my old password I am trying to recover my old account but the psn website is down. Sony should give the game to all the customer who own the machine. It is unfair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back