PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-games-discounts-call-of-duty-sale-this-week/http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...cess-free-sly-cooper-street-fighter-and-more/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/06/playstation-store-update-229/

How do ps+ members get the Journey dynamic theme? The first link in this post says that a dynamic theme is free for ps+ members on 3/20. However, the current ps store update states that you get a theme if you buy journey before 3/13 but it doesn't state whether it is a dynamic theme or standard. Will this be the same theme offered on 3/20?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']My only problem with them is that they are potentially taking the place of awesome PSN game sales.

MW2 for $14.50 (vs. $11.50 used on Amazon) and BO for $40 (vs. $21 used on Amazon) don't classify as "sales" in my book. However, more power to anyone who decides to buy them.[/QUOTE]

Why would you compare new prices to used prices?

yay, mediocre sales on Call of Duty... blech. Ah well, saves me money.

I too was hoping for a PSN games sale, as I can always wait and get full retail games for a discounted price at retail

[quote name='tylerh1701']My only problem with them is that they are potentially taking the place of awesome PSN game sales.

MW2 for $14.50 (vs. $11.50 used on Amazon) and BO for $40 (vs. $21 used on Amazon) don't classify as "sales" in my book. However, more power to anyone who decides to buy them.[/QUOTE]
Except that they're not. These aren't going to be the only games that will be on sale this week, so you shouldn't feel threatened enough to have to attack them.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why would you compare new prices to used prices?[/QUOTE]

I'm comparing the digital prices to the cheapest possible price to acquire a functional version of the game.

Another thing I really don't understand is people's fascination with new games...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Except that they're not. These aren't going to be the only games that will be on sale this week, so you shouldn't feel threatened enough to have to attack them.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']When are these deals good for? That GTA combo pack is a fucking steal and I wanna get in on that but I would prefer to not buy another PSN card until friday if possible.[/QUOTE]

Steam's holiday sale got me, for $12, GTA 1 thru 4, plus all DLC. they must just want everyone to like it before gta5. I didn't like gta4 that much but Gay Tony totally got me back into it

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm comparing the digital prices to the cheapest possible price to acquire a functional version of the game.

Another thing I really don't understand is people's fascination with new games...[/QUOTE]
A lot of used games are disgusting. Especially at Gamestop since everyone picks up the boxes and uses them as their own personal napkin. Some even seem to use the boxes as a portable toilet. So gross.

[quote name='PublikDefender']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-games-discounts-call-of-duty-sale-this-week/http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...cess-free-sly-cooper-street-fighter-and-more/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/06/playstation-store-update-229/

How do ps+ members get the Journey dynamic theme? The first link in this post says that a dynamic theme is free for ps+ members on 3/20. However, the current ps store update states that you get a theme if you buy journey before 3/13 but it doesn't state whether it is a dynamic theme or standard. Will this be the same theme offered on 3/20?[/QUOTE]
The theme that you get with the game is supposed to exclusive to the pre-order/PS+ early access buyers, so I would hope that they're different themes.

[quote name='wrencrest']A lot of used games are disgusting. Especially at Gamestop since everyone picks up the boxes and uses them as their own personal napkin. Some even seem to use the boxes as a portable toilet. So gross.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I've run into a few gross ones as well. But as long as the game plays, I just Lysol wipe the box real good and I'm happy. But I'm not much of a collector, I just buy the game to play the game.

Anyways, sorry to derail the thread so much. On topic, Closure (releasing 3/27) looks really cool as well, if it's $10 ($8 w/PS+) I'll probably get it.

PSN has always been kinda slow, but is anyone else experiencing extra long download times this week?

Finally got to like 80 percent of my RE4 download, realized there was a system update available, did that, and I somehow lost RE4. Now I'm starting all over again, probably another 6 hour download.

[quote name='Velo214']i found a roach in a gamecase @ gamestop once. it was already half smoked. gross ;)[/QUOTE]

So none related to the OP LMAO!

In the case of COD MW, it's actually cheaper (by a penny) to buy the game and Variety Map Pack separately with PS+. Weird.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, I've run into a few gross ones as well. But as long as the game plays, I just Lysol wipe the box real good and I'm happy. But I'm not much of a collector, I just buy the game to play the game.

Anyways, sorry to derail the thread so much. On topic, Closure (releasing 3/27) looks really cool as well, if it's $10 ($8 w/PS+) I'll probably get it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, that's not good enough for me, hence the "fascination" with new games. Gamers aren't exactly known for their hygiene, and people are less likely to take care of something that they know they are going to get rid of soon.

Just got an email that Mercury Hg will be getting a bundle deal starting with today's update:
Starting today, UTV Ignition is having a PSN sale for a bundle pack of the much-loved atomic puzzler Mercury Hg plus the 30 bonus level Heavy Elements DLC pack. The bundle pack of both Mercury Hg and its DLC will be on sale until March 27 for only $4.99.

^Might get Mercury Hg and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Here's to more discounts.

Might need to clean out and back up some stuff to make room for it all. I guess this is as close to a game of the edition of COD4:MW I'll ever get for the PS3.

Not really interested in multiplayer, should I still bother with the variety map pack?

How does the original Call of Duty hold up? I never played it, but I still love CoD 2 even though I didn't really care for the later CoD games. S at less then $8 I'm thinking I might grab the original if it's worth it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just got an email that Mercury Hg will be getting a bundle deal starting with today's update:[/QUOTE]
$5 for all those levels sounds like a buy for me. I am getting more and more into these smaller games. I worry I might one day go from a console gamer to, oh no, a casual gamer! I guess it comes with old age.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just got an email that Mercury Hg will be getting a bundle deal starting with today's update:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully (but I'd doubt) the DLC goes on sale alone as well. I bought the game previously when it was $2.50.

EDIT: How much is the Mercury Hg DLC full price? Anyone know?

Anyone know if the PSN Gamer's Choice Awards Sales will be left up or taken down today? Contemplating snagging Dissidia Duodecim (possible it could be cheaper in the Spring Madness FF Week sale) and Chrono Trigger.

[quote name='Kronic1218']Anyone know if the PSN Gamer's Choice Awards Sales will be left up or taken down today? Contemplating snagging Dissidia Duodecim (possible it could be cheaper in the Spring Madness FF Week sale) and Chrono Trigger.[/QUOTE]

Its SE, no way they will be cheaper. If you want them, grab them

[quote name='Kronic1218']Anyone know if the PSN Gamer's Choice Awards Sales will be left up or taken down today? Contemplating snagging Dissidia Duodecim (possible it could be cheaper in the Spring Madness FF Week sale) and Chrono Trigger.[/QUOTE]
It ends today. That's why it says "Ends 3/13" for those games in the OP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It ends today. That's why it says "Ends 3/13" for those games in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I hope I can get my friend to log into my account and buy the games I want in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back