PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Psychonik']So far I've got God of War Collection, Limbo and Angry Birds from the Gamer's choice awards. Debating on Dungeon Hunter playing one handed with the move is kind of interesting.[/QUOTE]

Try the demo first.

Dungeon Hunter plays well with Move, but the menu/inventory navigation is terrible enough to make it not worth it for that. Stick with the DS3 if you still want it.

Is it wrong that I'm passing up RE4 because of the trophy list? I'd rather wait until it goes on sale on Xbox because you get the full compliment of 1000 gamerscore. I have no idea why the PS3 version has the limited trophy set.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Is it wrong that I'm passing up RE4 because of the trophy list? I'd rather wait until it goes on sale on Xbox because you get the full compliment of 1000 gamerscore. I have no idea why the PS3 version has the limited trophy set.[/QUOTE]

If you've played and beaten RE4 before, then I don't think anything is wrong with it.

I bought RE4 for PS3 at release when it was 50% of for PS+, but I had never played it before and my desire to play the game well outweighed the fact that it has a gimped trophy list.

And if you haven't played it before, you should probably pick it up now for PSN. It's an awesome game, and you can always re-buy it on 360 if/when it does go on sale. That's what I plan to do.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Is it wrong that I'm passing up RE4 because of the trophy list? I'd rather wait until it goes on sale on Xbox because you get the full compliment of 1000 gamerscore. I have no idea why the PS3 version has the limited trophy set.[/QUOTE]
I'm guess that the Xbox 360 version was originally going to be on XBLA and have the standard 200 points, so the PSN version had the same list with the basic level of PSN trophies. Then at some point near the end, Microsoft switched that and Code Veronica up to Games on Demand and gave Capcom a full 1,000 points to work with, but it was late enough that they couldn't add more achievements to flesh out the list a bit more. Since Sony doesn't really have different lines of games for those with a standard trophy list and a platinum trophy list, the PSN versions were stuck with that basic trophy list.

If you're expecting a 50% off sale on the Games on Demand versions, you may be waiting a while since I don't recall there ever being any sales for those kinds of games beyond maybe 33% off. I don't know why Microsoft doesn't want to offer more enticing sales for those games, but they've been lackluster in that department since they've ramped up the number of sales for Games on Demand titles.

Okay so I'm really confused.

I went to go see if I wanted to buy anything else from the sale. So i clicked on AC:Brotherhood and it didn't show a Buy Now tab, and says I already purchased this content.

But it doesn't show up in my Transaction History, or credit card or anything.

Has this happened to anyone else. I'm skeptical to download it since I didn't pay for it

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you grab the Full Game Trial at any point?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I think I did. I started the download, I'll have to see whether or not its the trial or the full game when it finishes.

It was just wierd because I was going to buy it, then found out I already somehow had.

You need to finish the Full Game Trial to be able to buy the game. You essentially get the full game, but with a time limit of 60 minutes before it'll ask you to buy the game to continue playing the game.

It's because you haven't finished the Full Game Trial. It'll show up like that until you run out your time and then you can actually purchase the game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's because you haven't finished the Full Game Trial. It'll show up like that until you run out your time and then you can actually purchase the game.[/QUOTE]

Ehh I'll probably delete it again like I did the first time I downloaded it. Thanks, I was just confused

It is if that's the sole reason you are not going to buy the game. Also, kinda dumb if you don't already have 50+ platinums.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It is if that's the sole reason you are not going to buy the game. Also, kinda dumb if you don't already have 50+ platinums.[/QUOTE]
I have ZERO platinums. The only game I've ever even come close to trying to bother for one on was Saint's Row 3. But I just lost interest on going back and doing all of the lil things you had to to get it.:whistle2:#

Then again, I also am usually squarely in the 'hates trophies' column as far as they're concerned.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have ZERO platinums. The only game I've ever even come close to trying to bother for one on was Saint's Row 3. But I just lost interest on going back and doing all of the lil things you had to to get it.:whistle2:#

Then again, I also am usually squarely in the 'hates trophies' column as far as they're concerned.[/QUOTE]

Well then, if you refused to buy a game because it didn't have a platinum, I'd think it would be a dumb ass reason.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-games-discounts-call-of-duty-sale-this-week/

Here's the Spring Fever release schedule with this week's SF sales:
SPRING FEVER NEW RELEASES:

3/13 – Journey: Enter the world of Journey, the third game from acclaimed indie developers thatgamecompany and presented by SCEA Santa Monica Studio.

Available one week early to PS Plus subscribers – Includes an Exclusive Free Theme – One day left!
Available to ALL PSN USERS starting tomorrow

3/20 – Rayman 3 HD: Rayman 3 HD takes Rayman on an epic journey through diverse worlds. This classic is remastered with HD and Trophy support.

PlayStation Plus subscribers – 20% off

3/27 – Closure: In Closure’s dark and foreboding universe, the only things that exist are what you can see. Featuring 100 puzzles, an award-winning soundtrack and hand-drawn art.

PlayStation Plus subscribers – 20% off

SPRING FEVER FRANCHISE SALE – THIS WEEK:

Call of Duty (3/13 – 3/19)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
PS3 Game + Variety Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus $14.69)
PS3 Game (Reg. $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79)
Variety Map Pack (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Call of Duty Classic
PS3 Game (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
PS3 Game + 2 DLC Bundle (Reg. $59.99 (value), Sale $41.99, PS Plus $- $29.39)
PS3 Game (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus $14.69)
Stimulus Package – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
Resurgence Pack – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)

Call of Duty: World at War
Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $24.99, Sale $17.49, PS Plus $12.24)
Map Pack 1 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
Map Pack 2 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
Map Pack 3 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Call of Duty: Black Ops
PS3 Game (Reg. $49.99, Sale $39.99)
Final Fantasy and Tom Clancy are the franchises that will see sales over the last two weeks of Spring Fever, so those PS1 games may finally get sales in the next week or two.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']They're doing sales of full games versus the usual sales of PSN games? Weak.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I will save some money this week. Wish Journey was on sale. The Spring Fever sale is lame. There's always the next sale.

Looks like I won't be spending much with Sony this Spring, none of these offers or the upcoming ones sound like anything I'm even remotely interested in.

I get so much content from Gfly sales and PLUS, so I guess I don't care. Why wasn't gaming like this in the 1990s when I had so much more time for it?

[quote name='Bumslie']Looks like I will save some money this week. Wish Journey was on sale. The Spring Fever sale is lame. There's always the next sale.[/QUOTE]

True, I shouldn't be spending any money anyways, haha, hopefully at least Final Fantasy VII (or VIII since I've never played that) is on sale.

Sorry for the noobish question, but do long ongoing threads like this ever stop and restart with a new post so they aren't hundreds of pages long? I really doubt the first couple hundred pages have any practical relevancy anymore other than historical?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-games-discounts-call-of-duty-sale-this-week/

Here's the Spring Fever release schedule with this week's SF sales:

Final Fantasy and Tom Clancy are the franchises that will see sales over the last two weeks of Spring Fever, so those PS1 games may finally get sales in the next week or two.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Why Final Fantasy only Square/Sony? Why not just make it a Square Enix sale so Xenogears can drop in price?

I might actually get Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PS3 Game Digital download since I always did like that game. No multiplayer for me so I don't have to buy the map pack. The map bundle for War at World ain't that bad if you are into the zombie maps, BUT that the Moon Map for Black OPS got that covered.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']They're doing sales of full games versus the usual sales of PSN games? Weak.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they need to get off this "putting full games on sale on PSN" kick because any reasonable smart shopper can still find these games, on disc, for as cheap or cheaper. I'm still hoping some random PSN games get thrown on sale as well, not just this silly full game franchise stuff.

I will probably bite on Rayman 3 HD for $8 (assuming the camera controls aren't borked the way they were in BG&E HD).

Would love to see a platinum for Rayman 3 as well, but not holding my breath on that one.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']True, I shouldn't be spending any money anyways, haha, hopefully at least Final Fantasy VII (or VIII since I've never played that) is on sale.[/QUOTE]

I only played Final Fantasy VII when it was released and enjoyed it. Never had the chance to play FF VIII but I know a lot of people that really enjoyed it. Well at least my hard drive will have a break this week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, they need to get off this "putting full games on sale on PSN" kick because any reasonable smart shopper can still find these games, on disc, for as cheap or cheaper. I'm still hoping some random PSN games get thrown on sale as well, not just this silly full game franchise stuff.[/QUOTE]

Crossing fingers for random PSN games to be added. The full game kick sucks cause like you said they can be found cheaper.

Sorry for double post. Posting from my phone.

[quote name='GT']Sorry for the noobish question, but do long ongoing threads like this ever stop and restart with a new post so they aren't hundreds of pages long? I really doubt the first couple hundred pages have any practical relevancy anymore other than historical?[/QUOTE]

Does it matter? Hit the last page button, there's rarely any reason to go back beyond 2-3 pages.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, they need to get off this "putting full games on sale on PSN" kick because any reasonable smart shopper can still find these games, on disc, for as cheap or cheaper. I'm still hoping some random PSN games get thrown on sale as well, not just this silly full game franchise stuff.[/QUOTE]
While I wouldn't advocate doing them over PSN sales, I'm a huge fan of putting the full retail games on sale often enough so I can get some of these games cheaper to have them readily available to play whenever I want. I've managed to pick up a number of these games (Burnout Paradise w/DLC, Assassin's Creed II DE, Red Faction Guerrilla, Warhawk, and others) for $10 or less, so I'm not sure what's stupid about that when those are great prices for those games.

I'd rather see sales on this stuff than the situation on Xbox Live where they have a lot more on Games on Demand, but the sales are lackluster at best when they mostly offer 25% of those $20 to $40 games.

[quote name='GT']Sorry for the noobish question, but do long ongoing threads like this ever stop and restart with a new post so they aren't hundreds of pages long? I really doubt the first couple hundred pages have any practical relevancy anymore other than historical?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Does it matter? Hit the last page button, there's rarely any reason to go back beyond 2-3 pages.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of this, we will have a new, revamped thread tomorrow that will give a lot more room to all of the stuff I'd like to have in the OP. This thread will be locked with a link to the new thread in the last post, so I'm giving you guys a heads up to look for the new thread when that happens.

[quote name='Bumslie']Crossing fingers for random PSN games to be added. The full game kick sucks cause like you said they can be found cheaper.
[/QUOTE]

Not always. I've gotten Red Faction Guerilla and Assassin's Creed II (+DLC) for $10 each on PSN. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at ~$15 is cheaper than any store as well.

OK I have a couple of questions:

If I buy Bioshock 2 Complete Pack – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $20.99) Which is the complete DLC with an online version of the game.

Do I need to uninstall my original game from my system before I download the dlc??

Is there 1 day PSN+ code I can grab somewhere?

[quote name='slowdive21']OK I have a couple of questions:

If I buy Bioshock 2 Complete Pack – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $20.99) Which is the complete DLC with an online version of the game.

Do I need to uninstall my original game from my system before I download the dlc??

Is there 1 day PSN+ code I can grab somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Uninstall Bioshock 2 before downloading the DLC? I would, what could it hurt? You could easily wipe it while downloading the DLC.

i know full games are a killer of harddrive space, but i agree i enjoy them because they are loaded on the system so there is a 500% chance more likely of me playing the games. I am so lazy and usually only change the disk from mw3 when it is a rental, lol.
RFG, SR2, Borderlands, KZ3MP( i know different) are all loaded on my hd and i love it.

Can you just imagine if they sold MW3/Blops2/CoD Etc as MP only on PSN. That would be so awesome, but would never happen unless they probly sold it for 60 anyway. i would say 90%+ of COD players just touch the MP, i know that's all i do mostly.

n final fantasy seems cool. Hope it's FFVII/FFtactics. I played all Finalfantasy games, but I thought those were the best. oooh and FFVI also.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']While I wouldn't advocate doing them over PSN sales, I'm a huge fan of putting the full retail games on sale often enough so I can get some of these games cheaper to have them readily available to play whenever I want. I've managed to pick up a number of these games (Burnout Paradise w/DLC, Assassin's Creed II DE, Red Faction Guerrilla, Warhawk, and others) for $10 or less, so I'm not sure what's stupid about that when those are great prices for those games.

I'd rather see sales on this stuff than the situation on Xbox Live where they have a lot more on Games on Demand, but the sales are lackluster at best when they mostly offer 25% of those $20 to $40 games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Halo05']Not always. I've gotten Red Faction Guerilla and Assassin's Creed II (+DLC) for $10 each on PSN. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at ~$15 is cheaper than any store as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Velo214']i know full games are a killer of harddrive space, but i agree i enjoy them because they are loaded on the system so there is a 500% chance more likely of me playing the games. I am so lazy and usually only change the disk from mw3 when it is a rental, lol.
RFG, SR2, Borderlands, KZ3MP( i know different) are all loaded on my hd and i love it.

Can you just imagine if they sold MW3/Blops2/CoD Etc as MP only on PSN. That would be so awesome, but would never happen unless they probly sold it for 60 anyway. i would say 90%+ of COD players just touch the MP, i know that's all i do mostly.

n final fantasy seems cool. Hope it's FFVII/FFtactics. I played all Finalfantasy games, but I thought those were the best. oooh and FFVI also.[/QUOTE]

The "convenient, ready to play" aspect of having full games on my hard drive doesn't really appeal to me, so I don't see that as a benefit of full games on PSN.

I did actually buy Burnout when it was on sale (I think it was like $8) so that one was kind of a no-brainer. But I also generally sell games after I'm done playing them (either on Amazon or a local classifieds site), so once I factor in the resell value into the game price, PSN never comes out ahead (for me at least).

And to be fair, I did already own AC2, RFG, and ACB when they went on sale. 2 of the 3 I did get cheaper thanks to Best Buy's holiday sales and Hollywood Video going out of business.

[quote name='Velo214']i know full games are a killer of harddrive space, but i agree i enjoy them because they are loaded on the system so there is a 500% chance more likely of me playing the games. I am so lazy and usually only change the disk from mw3 when it is a rental, lol.

n final fantasy seems cool. Hope it's FFVII/FFtactics. I played all Finalfantasy games, but I thought those were the best. oooh and FFVI also.[/QUOTE]

i dig the whole mp separate deal its very convenient i play some kz3 everytime i load up my ps3 because of the convenience and its fun. damn shame they dont do the same with the rest of sonys more popular mp series.

Is $9.99 the normal price for Motorstorm RC? When I heard the PS+ discount price was $7.49 for some reason I had assumed it was $15 normally but the store is showing a $2.50 discount.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']It depends on the people. A lot of people don't like the fact that Full Games on PSN are on sale because they can't resell them later on.[/QUOTE]
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Those of us that are interested in them should still have the chance for sales even if there are people that think they shouldn't be on sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is $9.99 the normal price for Motorstorm RC? When I heard the PS+ discount price was $7.49 for some reason I had assumed it was $15 normally but the store is showing a $2.50 discount.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you don't like it, don't buy it. Those of us that are interested in them should still have the chance for sales even if there are people that think they shouldn't be on sale.[/QUOTE]

yuppers, that is why my 160GB is almost with full ps3 games that have been on sale on PS3. I love my playstation plus disocunt too. Hell, I even bought Dante Inferno and that is a decent game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you don't like it, don't buy it. Those of us that are interested in them should still have the chance for sales even if there are people that think they shouldn't be on sale.[/QUOTE]

My only problem with them is that they are potentially taking the place of awesome PSN game sales.

MW2 for $14.50 (vs. $11.50 used on Amazon) and BO for $40 (vs. $21 used on Amazon) don't classify as "sales" in my book. However, more power to anyone who decides to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back