PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if Crapcom is going to release a disc version of RE4 and Veronica remakes or if the downloads are going to be it? 50% off for plus is goof for RE4 but I'd rather wait for the physical version if it's coming.

[quote name='JoshTX']Anyone know if Crapcom is going to release a disc version of RE4 and Veronica remakes or if the downloads are going to be it? 50% off for plus is goof for RE4 but I'd rather wait for the physical version if it's coming.[/QUOTE]
This is it.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']FREAK a lot of good sales on PS1 and Mini games!

My PS3 broke down last week.

Anyone know if I can purchase PSN Store content online aside from my PS3 dashboard?[/QUOTE]
Anyone know the answer?

Is there like an Xbox Marketplace where I can buy online and download to my 360 later?

I've only known how to download PSN Store from my PS3 Dashboard.

Going here http://us.playstation.com/ps-products/BrowseGames?console=ps3&beginsWith=Any

There is no "add to cart" or anything for me to purchase; just a box to download.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can buy PS1 games and Minis with Media Go, which is the media management program/store for PSP content.[/QUOTE]
I can!!???

Wow! Oh I love you!!!

Googling it now!

[quote name='JoshTX']Anyone know if Crapcom is going to release a disc version of RE4 and Veronica remakes or if the downloads are going to be it? 50% off for plus is goof for RE4 but I'd rather wait for the physical version if it's coming.[/QUOTE]
They havent said a word but I wouldnt be surprised if it gets a disc version in a few months, complete with Move support for RE4 and platinum trophies. Just speculation but its Capcom afterall and they know how to squeez dollars out of their products

great day for my internet connection to die on me. now i have re4, sr2, and a bunch of free games on my dl list just sitting there waiting to be dl'd...
hopefully the techie can fix whatever ails it

It's a Japan only as far as they have said. Japan got the 15th anniversary they comes with RE 1,2,3,4 and Code Veronica. It's about $100 with the current exchange rate. Just ordered a PS3 and I am thinking of importing this

I almost shit my pants when I saw that I got like 10 free Avatars for RE4 for buying RE4 and the ones that came with the PS plus sub. Capcom is the stingy bastards who nickle and dime everything on the PS Store. Avatars included.

It's hard to say. Ubisoft wasn't going to release PoP on disc in the US, but they eventually did anyway. IIRC Crapcom said that the RE5 expansions weren't going to be released on-disc in the US, but they did it anyway (for the PS3 at least).

I just went ahead and imported the Asian version. I got it last week and finished RE4 last night. It's very nice; it comes in a slip case with a special book and a copy of the game. The only thing that's disappointing is it only has Japanese text and it is censored (though not by much; mostly just decapitations).

Same here, it seems. Got get this update to get to 100% argh!!![quote name='Velo214']great day for my internet connection to die on me. now i have re4, sr2, and a bunch of free games on my dl list just sitting there waiting to be dl'd...
hopefully the techie can fix whatever ails it[/QUOTE]

I should be getting my PS3 on Thursday and was wondering if there is any way to get PS+ for cheaper then retail, similar to buying Xbox Live on sale.

Downloaded RE1, RE2, and RE3 for free with Plus. Sort of want to own them though for the discount price, but my PSN Plus subscription is good through November. Debating whether I want to pay for them now or just play them for free until then.

[quote name='Havok83']They havent said a word but I wouldnt be surprised if it gets a disc version in a few months, complete with Move support for RE4 and platinum trophies. Just speculation but its Capcom afterall and they know how to squeez dollars out of their products[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the replies. I feel like no matter what capcom says, they are going to re-release this anyway If they think there's any opportunity for profit. At least if they do I won't feel as bad to have gotten it at the PS Plus price as a download.

[quote name='JoshTX']Thanks for all the replies. I feel like no matter what capcom says, they are going to re-release this anyway If they think there's any opportunity for profit. At least if they do I won't feel as bad to have gotten it at the PS Plus price as a download.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe they'll add Move support and possibly 3D and call it a Gold edition and say the update is incompatible with this version and you have to buy it again. :lol:

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']How can I purchase RE1,2,3? My psplus only allows me to get them for free, but I want to purchase them? Help is appreciated[/QUOTE]

I guess you could create another account and purchase them on that one, since I'm pretty sure downloaded games from any account can be used by all accounts.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I guess you could create another account and purchase them on that one, since I'm pretty sure downloaded games from any account can be used by all accounts.[/QUOTE]

I would really like to keep it on one account, because switching accounts is a pain on the psp

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']How can I purchase RE1,2,3? My psplus only allows me to get them for free, but I want to purchase them? Help is appreciated[/QUOTE]

You have to wait until your psplus service runs.

I have psplus and i bought Burn Zombie Burn two months ago at amazon, when i tried redeeming it i got that that it was invalid but it worked when i used another one.

I'm adding nothing of value to this thread. I'm surprised at how well RE4 holds up today. This is probably my 6th or 7th playthrough so it feels like putting on a warm pair of well worn socks straight out of the dryer.

Thanks for the help.

It's incredible that I cannot take advantage of the sale price of resident evil 1,2,3 because I bought PSplus today. I called Sony Consumer Support, and they said they cannot do anything because they claim resident evil 1,2,3 are on sale according to their blog.

Ef PSPlus, i'm not renewing afterwards, I can't even buy games that go on sale. I want to keep it past my 3 months that I will not renew.

Rant, rant, rant

It would be nice if the network and store was online as it looks to be another unexpected interruption in service with no estimate on when services will be restored. Please not another hack in the system!!!!!!!

[quote name='adriley313']Whats a full game trial mean?[/QUOTE]

You download the entire full disc version of a retail game and play it with no restraints other than trophies not registering until the 60min time limit is up. Than you are locked out of the game until you buy it or delete it.

There's a rabid pack of Megaman Legends 3 fans who applaud your inability to give money to Capcom right now. See, silver lining to everything.

[quote name='DPsycho']There's a rabid pack of Megaman Legends 3 fans who applaud your inability to give money to Capcom right now. See, silver lining to everything.[/QUOTE]They're probably more focused on petitioning for the opportunity to give Capcom their money.

[quote name='orangecrush']Is anyone else not able to download re4 in the background?[/QUOTE]

I had no issues downloading it in the background last night. Do you have too many downloads qued?

[quote name='DPsycho']There's a rabid pack of Megaman Legends 3 fans who applaud your inability to give money to Capcom right now. See, silver lining to everything.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I see.

[quote name='DPsycho']There's a rabid pack of Megaman Legends 3 fans who applaud your inability to give money to Capcom right now. See, silver lining to everything.[/QUOTE]

They're not applauding you goof, they have rabbies, remember? What looks like clapping is actually just spasms.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Thanks for the help.

It's incredible that I cannot take advantage of the sale price of resident evil 1,2,3 because I bought PSplus today. I called Sony Consumer Support, and they said they cannot do anything because they claim resident evil 1,2,3 are on sale according to their blog.

Ef PSPlus, i'm not renewing afterwards, I can't even buy games that go on sale. I want to keep it past my 3 months that I will not renew.

Rant, rant, rant[/QUOTE]

This really pissed me off too. I'm in the same boat with the 3 month account only to find out I can't permanently purchase R1-R3. Arrrrg.

[quote name='ilifecomputer']This really pissed me off too. I'm in the same boat with the 3 month account only to find out I can't permanently purchase R1-R3. Arrrrg.[/QUOTE]
You can do it buy making a new account and buying it that way. It's a really stupid issue they need to fix.

[quote name='ilifecomputer']This really pissed me off too. I'm in the same boat with the 3 month account only to find out I can't permanently purchase R1-R3. Arrrrg.[/QUOTE]

Why not just make an additional PSN account, buy a $10 code off Amazon and use that secondary account to Buy RE 1, 2, & 3? You can still play them on your primary account; you're just gamesharing with yourself. Admittedly it's not as convenient as buying it on your regular account, but it's not exactly a big deal either.

[quote name='jubeininja69']all the games show up on every account when on the ps3. not like you have to switch accounts to play them.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I like not having to choose my account when I turn my system on. Is there some way to set a default and bypass that?

[quote name='theflicker']Personally, I like not having to choose my account when I turn my system on. Is there some way to set a default and bypass that?[/QUOTE]

Yes. From my memory when logged in to your main account (with a 2nd account already created) press triangle on your main account user name there is an "Automatic Logon" option

I think you can still buy them at the discount price by going to the RE 15th Anniversary Page instead of the PS+ Deals page. Not entirely sure, but I know I saw them on the store with a price instead of "Free".

Or, just a thought, buy them when they are done being free. Not sure when your Plus expires or how long these are free. Just throwing an idea out there to help, no clue if this would work or not[quote name='JJSP']I think you can still buy them at the discount price by going to the RE 15th Anniversary Page instead of the PS+ Deals page. Not entirely sure, but I know I saw them on the store with a price instead of "Free".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JJSP']I think you can still buy them at the discount price by going to the RE 15th Anniversary Page instead of the PS+ Deals page. Not entirely sure, but I know I saw them on the store with a price instead of "Free".[/QUOTE]

No you can't. I just checked. They just show up as free. Like I said above, you can buy them with an alternate account, though
[quote name='shadowkast']Or, just a thought, buy them when they are done being free. Not sure when your Plus expires or how long these are free. Just throwing an idea out there to help, no clue if this would work or not[/QUOTE]

It would work at regular price, not at current 50% off prices.

[quote name='shadowkast']Or, just a thought, buy them when they are done being free. Not sure when your Plus expires or how long these are free. Just throwing an idea out there to help, no clue if this would work or not[/QUOTE]

Except the issue is that they are also on sale for 50% off. If you wait till they are not free, then more than likely they will go up to the full price. It is rather dumb you, there should be an option or just a simple 2nd entry in the store for the games. One for free and one to buy, rather simple solution IMO.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Except the issue is that they are also on sale for 50% off. If you wait till they are not free, then more than likely they will go up to the full price. It is rather dumb you, there should be an option or just a simple 2nd entry in the store for the games. One for free and one to buy, rather simple solution IMO.[/QUOTE]

Simple in concept, probably not simple in execution.

Sony should create an "own it forever" option for the free titles you want to keep forever, At a discounted price over what's in the store of course.

Question: If I download the "free" RE games with Playstation Plus, let my subscription run out, then get Playstation Plus again some time later, will I still be able to play the games then?

[quote name='forweg']Question: If I download the "free" RE games with Playstation Plus, let my subscription run out, then get Playstation Plus again some time later, will I still be able to play the games then?[/QUOTE]

yep, everything expired should work again (excluding timed betas, game trials and such)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back