PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
BS...... Again.

So today all the Bioshock 2 DLC went on sale for a total of $16 AND a new bundle pack including all the Bioshock 2 DLC was put on the Store for $11.

At least I assume it includes all the DLC. I am not allowed to purchase it (because I cannot see it) because I own a portion of the bundle. That's right, I'm sure you guessed it! I own the $0.99 Exclusive Characters add-on. I got them for free as a pre order bonus. Now I'm forced to pay either $15 for everything or fire off a nasty email to support and wind up with nothing but maybe an apology.

First off, before I do anything, can anyone confirm that the add-on bundle does exist if you own nothing and that it does include everything?

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']BS...... Again.

So today all the Bioshock 2 DLC went on sale for a total of $16 AND a new bundle pack including all the Bioshock 2 DLC was put on the Store for $11.

At least I assume it includes all the DLC. I am not allowed to purchase it (because I cannot see it) because I own a portion of the bundle. That's right, I'm sure you guessed it! I own the $0.99 Exclusive Characters add-on. I got them for free as a pre order bonus. Now I'm forced to pay either $15 for everything or fire off a nasty email to support and wind up with nothing but maybe an apology.

First off, before I do anything, can anyone confirm that the add-on bundle does exist if you own nothing and that it does include everything?[/QUOTE]

There is a way around this since the costume packs for SSF IV were the same way. You need to make a second PSN account and buy the Bioshock 2 pack with it. Then just install it to your PS3 and you will be able to access it with your main account. I have not verified this with the Bioshock 2 DLC pack, but this is what I had to do for SF IV and it worked.

I don't know why both SSF IV costumes and now Bioshock 2 act like this when other games offer packs even if you own some of the DLC in it. It could be either a mess up on Sony's PSN or a game publisher decision. It wouldn't surprise me if Capcom was enforcing this but I am a bit surprised 2K would if this is a publisher decision.

[quote name='Wompdevil']There is a way around this since the costume packs for SSF IV were the same way. You need to make a second PSN account and buy the Bioshock 2 pack with it. Then just install it to your PS3 and you will be able to access it with your main account. I have not verified this with the Bioshock 2 DLC pack, but this is what I had to do for SF IV and it worked.

I don't know why both SSF IV costumes and now Bioshock 2 act like this when other games offer packs even if you own some of the DLC in it. It could be either a mess up on Sony's PSN or a game publisher decision. It wouldn't surprise me if Capcom was enforcing this but I am a bit surprised 2K would if this is a publisher decision.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying I need to set up a second account, buy a $20 PSN card, purchase it with that second account, and have $9 left over never again to be touched?

Yeah I think I'd rather just fire off a nasty email.

Personally, I'd rank the Borderlands DLC as follows:

Zombie
Claptrap
Knoxx
Underdome

Underdome is by far the worst. The rest are all really solid. I think the story/cut scenes in Zombie are the best by far. Knoxx is fun except I hated no fast travel. The map is HUGE and you have to go there by vehicle everywhere. It felt slow and repetitive compared to Claptrap and Zombie. Just my $.02

[quote name='ssr']Personally, I'd rank the Borderlands DLC as follows:

Zombie
Claptrap
Knoxx
Underdome

Underdome is by far the worst. The rest are all really solid. I think the story/cut scenes in Zombie are the best by far. Knoxx is fun except I hated no fast travel. The map is HUGE and you have to go there by vehicle everywhere. It felt slow and repetitive compared to Claptrap and Zombie. Just my $.02[/QUOTE]

I agree with this order. I had so much fun playing Zombie. Underdome is utter shit.

[quote name='ssr']Personally, I'd rank the Borderlands DLC as follows:

Zombie
Claptrap
Knoxx
Underdome
[/QUOTE]

Knoxx
Zombie
Claptrap
Underdome

Fixed.

Is that about as low as the Bioshock 2 DLC will go in price? Thinking about getting the bundle if it's not likely to drop any lower eventually.

[quote name='Stimes']So how is Ikari Warriors?[/QUOTE]
It's a pretty faithful emulation of the arcade. I only played it for a few minutes so far, but I did experience two slowdowns when lots of action was on the screen. No trophies or anything, since it's a mini.

I hate the control scheme - you use the shoulder buttons to rotate the gun, X to shoot, O for grenades, and left analog to move. I was really hoping for right analog gun control and shoulder button firing and grenades. Oh well.

Edit: I suppose the controls make sense since you have to be able to play this on a PSP. You can change the controls, but not to an analog stick.

BOOM! There goes another $15 on Borderlands. What's my tally now, $115 for this game? I should get a free t-shirt or something for the cash I've blown on this title.

(I hope the Mac version never goes on sale...)

^Thanks for the info on the controls simmias. I still might get it someday if I have a few extra dollars in my account but I don't think I'm going to add funds to my wallet for it.

I'd given up on PSN ever putting the Borderlands or Bioshock DLC on sale, even though they've been on sale more than once on XBox Live. I already caved and bought Borderlands GOTY for PC for $12, but I'll definitely be picking up Minerva's Den for $5.

Probably a stupid question, but do you need to have Bioshock 2 to download Minerva's Den, or will it recognize the DLC when I get Bioshock 2?

[quote name='Schade']It is not my argument. I was responding to Cerebral_One and his not so Cerebral statement that his biggest problem with the PS3 is that nobody owns it. That statement is patently false according to generally available hardware sales data which I linked.

Please pay attention to the discussion before you start throwing around made up statistics (or at least not supported or referenced) to support an argument that does not really exist.[/QUOTE]

360 has sold 10 million more than PS3 in the United States. Douchebag, giving me shit for asking if a game still has an active community or not.

[quote name='beeman07']BOOM! There goes another $15 on Borderlands. What's my tally now, $115 for this game? I should get a free t-shirt or something for the cash I've blown on this title.

(I hope the Mac version never goes on sale...)[/QUOTE]
Between me and my dad we spent $110 on Borderlands, lol.

[quote name='RealDeals']Probably a stupid question, but do you need to have Bioshock 2 to download Minerva's Den, or will it recognize the DLC when I get Bioshock 2?[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='beeman07']BOOM! There goes another $15 on Borderlands. What's my tally now, $115 for this game? I should get a free t-shirt or something for the cash I've blown on this title.

(I hope the Mac version never goes on sale...)[/QUOTE]
+1 on this. I've spent around $160 on it and that's just console versions.

Well I picked up Minerva's Den and Protector Trials. But 4.99 for 3 trophies and multiplayer only isn't worth it to me. Sure the I could've spent 3.00 dollars more for 3 trophies and some sinclair stuff, but I just wasn't feeling it.

I'm on the fence about Borderlands GOTY. 1 side great deal 50% off. The other I have a HUGE backlog and by the time I get to borderlands it'll probably be under 19.99 GOTY XD

[quote name='Cerebral_One']360 has sold 10 million more than PS3 in the United States. Douchebag, giving me shit for asking if a game still has an active community or not.[/QUOTE]

just a sec. What did you expect coming to a PS3 thread saying, n I quote "my biggest problem with the PS3 is nobody owns it". That's far from politely asking how active a game's multiplayer is. Stop playing innocent n shocked, and further provoking things when someone would simply put up some stats to prove your stupid statement wrong.

I was gonna post n rail on you too. Thinking you came into a PS3 thread to say "nobody owns it", then act all shocked and call people douchbags when they post stat's to prove a stupid statement like that wrong. But this is actually what you said: [quote name='Cerebral_One']that's my biggest problem with PS3. Not enough people own it.[/QUOTE]

Which I would agree with. Considering what PS3 offers over Wii and 360, in terms of quality and content, it should be the #1 selling system. But its not, so not enough people own it. I think the arguing is that you did not simply come and ask how a games online community is, you said what could be considered a jab by some, but it still wasn't as bad as some of the later "quotes" were saying.

Can we get back to the sales now?

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']So you're saying I need to set up a second account, buy a $20 PSN card, purchase it with that second account, and have $9 left over never again to be touched?

Yeah I think I'd rather just fire off a nasty email.[/QUOTE]

If you make a SUB account, as opposed to a 2nd main account, it would pull funds from your main accounts wallet. That would negate the need to fund a separate account that you would likely not use for any other purchases.

[quote name='whoknows']How are you people spending so much on Borderlands?[/QUOTE]

Full price game: $60
Full price DLC: 4 x $10
PSN download of same: $15

But to be honest I sold the disc a few months ago for $10, so I'm only out $105 so far.

I have a question.

Why would anyone buy Metal Slug for the PSP for 8.99, when Metal Slug Collection is available for 19.99

This contains all the games.. Am I missing something??

-Mike

Ugh, was hoping the separate Borderlands DLC would have been cheaper (Since i already have the PSN Download).

Wonder if it would be worth it to just buy it for 15$

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, was hoping the separate Borderlands DLC would have been cheaper (Since i already have the PSN Download).

Wonder if it would be worth it to just buy it for 15$

Wow, just realized/noticed that Borderlands GOTY is $14.99 to PSN+ and I haven't even opened my regular edition of Borderlands.

I think I might just go for the full game+DLC for $15. I didn't pay for more than $20 for my regular edition of Borderlands after discounts.

Edit: Just curious, does this have conflicting game saves like Burnout Paradise? I mean, game saves for the disc version will work with the digital version and vice versa?

did they ever fix the DLC and the level gap issues? i have all the DLC but no disc also.... I also have 100% trophies. I was bored beating some of the DLC since my char was level 34 and the enemies were 24.

Is it possible to game share just the DLC in a game+DLC bundle? I'm going to give my friend my still sealed copy of the regular edition of Borderlands.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Wow, just realized/noticed that Borderlands GOTY is $14.99 to PSN+ and I haven't even opened my regular edition of Borderlands.

I think I might just go for the full game+DLC for $15. I didn't pay for more than $20 for my regular edition of Borderlands after discounts.

Edit: Just curious, does this have conflicting game saves like Burnout Paradise? I mean, game saves for the disc version will work with the digital version and vice versa?[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen anything about not being able to use disc saves yet.

I think the issues with ACII and Burnout Paradise stem from them not being exactly the same game as their disc counterparts, as ACII was the Deluxe Edition and Burnout Paradise has a bunch of the updates built in.

I remember a while back, someone had posted that there was an additional free month of ps+ somewhere in the psn store, sponsored by a publisher. Is that still available?

This 40GB hdd sucks. I am getting so tired of installing and uninstalling games.

I may need to look into upgrading the hdd unfortunately...too bad, didn't wanna loose my saves (heard thats what has to happen, but not completely sure since I haven't really looked into it too much).

EDIT...nvm, just did a quick google search. Backup is easy-piesie, I just need an external hdd which I don't have. Tough barn.

Heads up to everyone that bought Borderlands. The game install takes a while. I've had it running for 20 minutes, and its at 65%. I hope there's no install once I start the game.

Despite already owning a physical copy of Borderlands I bought the Full Game+Dlc package for $14.99 just because it was too good to pass up.

I also snatched up Limbo for $11.99, it's actually a pretty eerie yet relaxing type game and for anyone on the fence about it I encourage you to at least try the demo of it. Make sure the lights are all off and your surround sound is on a good level.

Overall this week had some pretty deals. Especially those of you fortunate enough to have gotten the extended month of ps plus due to the glitch on the ps store a few weeks back.

I played the Limbo demo yesterday, really like it but curious about the length. Got through the demo pretty quickly and don't want to spend 12 if it's short.

Btw, Sky Fighters isn't listed anywhere in the Plus section, actually have to seek it out under the games section. Grabbed it cause it seems worth $4.

And can anyone comment on Wakeboarding, is it worth $4? IGN slammed it but I think a lot of it was the original price point, a lot of mixed reviews around the net. Maybe I should try the demo. :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I haven't seen anything about not being able to use disc saves yet.

I think the issues with ACII and Burnout Paradise stem from them not being exactly the same game as their disc counterparts, as ACII was the Deluxe Edition and Burnout Paradise has a bunch of the updates built in.[/QUOTE]
You can use disc saves. I have played Vanilla disc, GOTY disc (content on PSN- not on disc), and the PSN version of the full release with the same save file.

Limbo is maybe 3 to 5 hours long, depending on if you get stuck on any puzzles, and can go longer if you're into hunting down hidden collectibles. I enjoyed it but did feel like $15 was a little steep (conversely, I felt Braid was well worth $15 due to the combination of art, story, puzzles, and overall vibe). $12 is pretty good for it; I don't think the XBLA version went on sale too often, but when it did it was down to $10.

How much HD space does the Borderlands bundle take up?

For limbo, i've got such a backlog that i am fine waiting till the next sale. But I won't be a plus member then, so chances are that it will be the exact same price, or just a few bucks less. So i might as well get it now.

The cheapest limbo has been on XBL is $10? just a few times?

[quote name='Xenogears']How much HD space does the Borderlands bundle take up?

For limbo, i've got such a backlog that i am fine waiting till the next sale. But I won't be a plus member then, so chances are that it will be the exact same price, or just a few bucks less. So i might as well get it now.

The cheapest limbo has been on XBL is $10? just a few times?[/QUOTE]

Around 7.8 gb, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back