PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dragonjud']Played the demo, and found the controls (on the land portions) to be too slow for my taste. There seems to be a slight delay between your button pushes, and the events that they trigger in the game. I've read quite a few reviews on gamerankings, and some have mentioned the same issue.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing the full game and love it. Set it to digital controls and you wont get that delay feel at all.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Flesh,
BB has PSN cards in $10, $20, and $50 increments in-store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know but that requires driving at least 40 min and waiting in line at the register vs walking to my computer to almost instantly get a points code from Amazon. They sell the cards at Wal-Mart as well.

[quote name='woodcan']Yeah, I know but that requires driving at least 40 min and waiting in line at the register vs walking to my computer to almost instantly get a points code from Amazon. They sell the cards at Wal-Mart as well.[/QUOTE]
There are links to the $20 and $50 PSN codes in the OP for those that still want to get them from a website.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I beat it over the weekend and greatly enjoyed it. My only issue is that it's kind of short at about four hours to get through the single-player campaign. I'm not sure how much the demo shows or what you didn't like, so I can't say whether what you saw was a good sample or not.[/QUOTE]

What bothered me the most about the demo was the combat. All I had to do was walk, shoot, walk, shoot. I know I could press /\ to "go into" the scenery and avoid the other birds shooting at me, but I never found myself having to do this. There was no strategy or skill required to killing the bad guys, just shoot the hell out of them and they die. Does this change at all???

As for the controls, I liked them. I think they were deliberately made to be like that and it was never a problem for me.

RE: "Spend $60 Get $10 Free"

Do Pre-orders count?

Purchasing "Infamous: Festival of Blood" even though it's a Pre-order still counts toward the "Buy $60 Get $10" deal right?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']RE: "Spend $60 Get $10 Free"

Do Pre-orders count?

Purchasing "Infamous: Festival of Blood" even though it's a Pre-order still counts toward the "Buy $60 Get $10" deal right?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='tylerh1701']What bothered me the most about the demo was the combat. All I had to do was walk, shoot, walk, shoot. I know I could press /\ to "go into" the scenery and avoid the other birds shooting at me, but I never found myself having to do this. There was no strategy or skill required to killing the bad guys, just shoot the hell out of them and they die. Does this change at all???

As for the controls, I liked them. I think they were deliberately made to be like that and it was never a problem for me.[/QUOTE]
That aspect of the combat does change a bit as you get more weapons, play the jetpaction sequences, puzzles, and some of the other hooks in the gameplay. It's still a shooter, so the walk, shoot, walk, shoot thing is still there.

Question on that Ridge Racer 7 3D game that was added in the last update.

Do you HAVE to have 3D to play it (I mean is it fully playable without), and also, is it literally the full Ridge Racer 7 but just downloadable?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question on that Ridge Racer 7 3D game that was added in the last update.

Do you HAVE to have 3D to play it (I mean is it fully playable without), and also, is it literally the full Ridge Racer 7 but just downloadable?[/QUOTE]
I believe it's the full game with the 3D update, that other regions got separately, built in. It shouldn't require 3D at all.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That aspect of the combat does change a bit as you get more weapons, play the jetpaction sequences, puzzles, and some of the other hooks in the gameplay. It's still a shooter, so the walk, shoot, walk, shoot thing is still there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll probably cave in and get it this weekend, especially if my new Kmart coupon can score me a couple PSN points cards.

While I'm asking about impressions, anybody have any about Okabu? Reviews make it sound like a good game, but just doesn't present enough of a challenge to the average gamer.

[quote name='Jdub_smooth']Curious if Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light has EVER been on sale or if anyone thanks a price drop is coming soon?[/QUOTE]

I think it went on sale around April for half off.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Probably $9.99 like most of their games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably. Would be great if we got a Pixeljunk sale on other games to go with it. Not holding my breath though. Too bad too, would probably bump me up to $60.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Anyone care to weigh in on Alien Zombie Megadeath? There's no demo but it's super cheap and has had some positive reviews. Worth the $3.84?[/QUOTE]

I played the Mini "Alien Zombie Death" for a few minutes when it was free on PS+, it was fun but nothing amazing. It kind of felt like a game thats best to play if you are into getting high scores and leaderboard rankings, because it's pretty much just a jump and shoot game.

That being said, I bit on the $3.84 price for "MegaDeath" because I had enough fun with the mini to justify $3.84, and the reviews mentioned it was an improvement from the mini.

EDIT: I believe the Alien Zombie Death Mini is free on PS+ again. Just use that as a demo of the game. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I played the Mini "Alien Zombie Death" for a few minutes when it was free on PS+, it was fun but nothing amazing. It kind of felt like a game thats best to play if you are into getting high scores and leaderboard rankings, because it's pretty much just a jump and shoot game.

That being said, I bit on the $3.84 price for "MegaDeath" because I had enough fun with the mini to justify $3.84, and the reviews mentioned it was an improvement from the mini.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I think the Alien Zombie Death Mini is free again for PS+. Play that as a demo.

I might have asked this awhile back...Is Gunstar Heroes compatible with the PSP or is it just for the PS3?

I mean, I'll buy that game now if it means I have a legitimate way to play Gunstar Heroes on the go/on a portable. Already have Gunstar Super Heroes on my GBA, not quite like the original least for me.

Definitely going to get Crazy Taxi Fare Wars just to have Crazy Taxi portable. Just got a $10 PSN card so both titles might be downloaded soon.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']PS3 only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Why must it be this way? I'm sure the PSP could handle a standard definition version of Gunstar Heroes. I'm under the impression the PS3 version is just bumped up to High Def. version.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I played the Mini "Alien Zombie Death" for a few minutes when it was free on PS+, it was fun but nothing amazing. It kind of felt like a game thats best to play if you are into getting high scores and leaderboard rankings, because it's pretty much just a jump and shoot game.

That being said, I bit on the $3.84 price for "MegaDeath" because I had enough fun with the mini to justify $3.84, and the reviews mentioned it was an improvement from the mini.

EDIT: I believe the Alien Zombie Death Mini is free on PS+ again. Just use that as a demo of the game. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out the mini. I'm sure I already downloaded it since it was free.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thanks! Why must it be this way? I'm sure the PSP could handle a standard definition version of Gunstar Heroes. I'm under the impression the PS3 version is just bumped up to High Def. version.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's a matter of whether it's possible on PSP or not, but that Sega just wanted to release the game on XBLA/PSN and wasn't interested in a PSP release.
[quote name='WV Matsui']Frisky - Any idea what Homefront will cost?[/QUOTE]
MSRP seems to be $39.99, so I'd bet on that price.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think it's a matter of whether it's possible on PSP or not, but that Sega just wanted to release the game on XBLA/PSN and wasn't interested in a PSP release.

MSRP seems to be $39.99, so I'd bet on that price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think it's a matter of whether it's possible on PSP or not, but that Sega just wanted to release the game on XBLA/PSN and wasn't interested in a PSP release.

[/QUOTE]

I see! *shakes fist at Sega
Another reason to be saddened by Sega: :whistle2:(
Shenmue III
Valkryia Chronicles III
Yakuza Kenzan
Gunstar Heroes on PSP
Panzar Dragoon (What happened to this series?)
Sonic Unleashed (evening stages)
Sonic '06

Guess I'll get both Crazy Taxi and Gunstar Heroes, hoping that the PS3 version will eventually be able to somehow work on the PSP/PS Vita (Suppose I could also retire my genesis copy).

Anyone know if we can buy/renew for PSN Plus and have that count towards the $60 in October for $10 back deal?

EDIT: looks like it should count. From the wording on the deal it does sound like any purchase through the psn wallet inlcding plus subscriptsion will count. Good timing for me as I wanted to extend my plus sub anyway in December, so I may as well do it sooner now.

[quote name='wrencrest']Anyone know if we can buy/renew for PSN Plus and have that count towards the $60 in October for $10 back deal?

EDIT: looks like it should count. From the wording on the deal it does sound like any purchase through the psn wallet inlcding plus subscriptsion will count. Good timing for me as I wanted to extend my plus sub anyway in December, so I may as well do it sooner now.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, maybe I'll get a year pass to go with my $10 card. Think I have about $2 in my PSN wallet so that should put me over the required $60. Can I stack a year pass on top of a month pass? Never really messed around with PSN+ cards.

Now what to spend $60 on PSN stuff if I were to go through with it. I got about $10 on Gunstar and Crazy Taxi, what else for the remaining $50.

EDIT 2: I'm confused about what's included in the Valkyria Chronicles II PSP bundle deal. I got the game on UMD already in my backlog.

So far, from my understanding that the DLC in the bundle deal is the same DLC that is available in the add-on section of PSN for $5.

I might skip on the bundle deal and just get the DLC in the future for $5 since I already have the game on UMD.

Final Edit: Nevermind I figured it out, there is only a piece of DLC add-on and it is included in the bundle. It is a really good deal for PS+ subscribers! The deal/game bundle is only $13.49 and the DLC alone goes for $4.99, while the game itself goes for $39.99!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Interesting, maybe I'll get a year pass to go with my $10 card. Think I have about $2 in my PSN wallet so that should put me over the required $60. Can I stack a year pass on top of a month pass? Never really messed around with PSN+ cards.

Now what to spend $60 on PSN stuff if I were to go through with it. I got about $10 on Gunstar and Crazy Taxi, what else for the remaining $50.

EDIT 2: I'm confused about what's included in the Valkyria Chronicles II PSP bundle deal. I got the game on UMD already in my backlog.

So far, from my understanding that the DLC in the bundle deal is the same DLC that is available in the add-on section of PSN for $5.

I might skip on the bundle deal and just get the DLC in the future for $5 since I u already have the game on UMD.

Final Edit: Nevermind I figured it out, there is only a piece of DLC add-on and it is included in the bundle. It is a really good deal for PS+ subscribers! The deal/game bundle is only $13.49 and the DLC alone goes for $4.99, while the game itself goes for $39.99![/QUOTE]

u can buy another plus sub and it will beadded to ur remaining time. and that count to the 60

Does anyone know if Infamous 2 Festival of Blood is going to go up to $14.99 after the PSN update? Joystiq listed the price as $14.99, but the pre-order price is $9.99.

Store is updated. Auditorium HD is $3 for everyone, that's a no-brainer.

Anyways, I'm at about $41 for the month of October. Contemplating Crysis 1 to get me up to $60 so I can get $10 back. Also considering the new PixelJunk Sidescroller and LBP1 Level Kits DLC. Any other suggestions on hidden PSN gems that will get me up to $60?

The deals for this week (full update here):

PS3
Auditorium HD - $2.99 - Move Compatible
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $49.99 - Temporary Sale
Smash Cars - $7.49 - Temporary Sale

Minis
Carnivores Bundle - PSP/PS3 - $5.99 - Includes Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter and Carnivores: Ice Age

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Halloween Mask Costume - Free
Saints Row 2 - Ultor Exposed - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Saints Row 2 - Corporate Warfare - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

PlayStation Plus

PS3
4 Elements - $5.00 - Move Compatible
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $39.99
Daytona USA - $6.99
Infamous: Festival of Blood - $7.99
Mercury Hg - $2.50
MX vs. ATV Game + DLC Bundle - $23.99
PixelJunk: SideScroller - $7.99
Worms Crazy Golf - $7.99

Oh thats right, I forgot about the infamous DLC today. Guess I'll download it tonight. how does this work for a pre-order (first time I've pre-ordered anything off PSN) I imagine I just download it from the normal listing in the store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back