PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed my haul for this weekend with Mafia III DE, Wolfenstein II, Dreamwork's Voltron, and Mystik Belle with my 15% coupon that got me Wolfenstein II for only $0.50 more than retail. Also got Kingdom Hearts HD 6.8 (1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8), FFXIV Stormblood, and Nioh at retail.

Yeah I pulled the trigger finally as well, just got Fallout GOTY and saved my 15% discount. Maybe there will be stuff during christmas to use it on. This sale only had 3 things I was thinking about buying and 2 of them would have been tossed in the backlog until March at a minimum so they can wait.

Has this ever happened with the store, where they suddenly pull a game early from a sale and it wasn't a glitch or an error?
I don't think Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 was on sale. He's mad about them replacing it with a holiday edition of the game with some added DLC at the same price, which they've done from time to time.

Has this ever happened with the store, where they suddenly pull a game early from a sale and it wasn't a glitch or an error?
Nevermind it is there but I had to google it, no longer on the sales page or even when you search on PSN .

Seems like Marvel Heroes Omega's servers have finally gone down.
On Friday, I rushed through the entire game and beat every chapter and a few legacy quests...

It's sad to see it go.

Tis a sad day today From Software announced they will be shutting down the servers for demon souls.Servers will be forever shut sometime in Feb of next year.
That's depressing..

I'm just glad it can be played offline, though I still feel games need to be supported for much longer than this.

I wish they would do a remaster for PS4. Still my favorite Souls game.
Agreed, it just seemed the most fleshed out and I loved the choose your own adventure/Mega Man style stage select which I felt was sadly missing in the Spiritual Successors.

Kind of ironic since the whole Black Friday / Cyber Monday thing started in the US.
What the hell?! I’ll take Ruiner, Absolver, Flinthook, Banner Saga 2, Strafe, Armikrog, etc, etc, etc.

There’s others on there that have already been on sale too that I’ve missed. Can’t believe Europe got such a fresh flash sale and we get nothing.

Wow. The hull wasn't quite what I did for Xbox (over 200 in one day plus a couple extra purchases on another days), but it was still substantial enough. Finally get to play some PS3 (the PS4 remasters) games I never got to play. Six years of not using my PSN account and now oh boy.

Heh, after Destiny 2 was caught throttling xp the longer you play.. they "Fixed" it by doubling to tripling xp required for player progression and to level.
*Golf clap*
I can kind of understand diminishing returns in exp in some games depending on how it's implemented. The easier it becomes for you to do something, the less "experience" you should gain from it.
But throttling it down overall is a shit tactic

If you were able to rush through the main game in a day i don't feel like i missed much
Why? It's like Diablo III's campaign, which isn't that long if you're just mainlining it. It's all about the post-game content or starting up new characters to level them up.

It was probably the second best Diablo-style game on consoles.

I can kind of understand diminishing returns in exp in some games depending on how it's implemented. The easier it becomes for you to do something, the less "experience" you should gain from it.
But throttling it down overall is a shit tactic
Apparently it was throttled on two factors

#1. How many quests you've completed in succession

#2. How long you've been playing during that session

(Not sure which came first, so don't quote me)

Players have reported, and shown with metrics that they were getting as low as 4% of the XP they should have been getting. Yet the game would say they were gaining the full amount of XP with each kill/quest.

With the XP Doubled, it's still saying the same XP amount they are earning but.. it's taking long to level/progress past 20. So once again people called out Activision-Blizzard and Bungie, and they confessed to double the XP required in response to removing the throttling.

If you were able to rush through the main game in a day i don't feel like i missed much
Why? It's like Diablo III's campaign, which isn't that long if you're just mainlining it. It's all about the post-game content or starting up new characters to level them up.

Well, they also made all items free..

So I stocked up on 5X XP, CASH, and ITEM boosts and plowed through the main story.

I was max level around chapter 5 or 6 of the 9 Chapters, and each chapter has like 4-5 areas/zones in each which are not that long, nor are they procedurally generated.

After I hit Max Level, I stopped going to the side rooms/treasure rooms/duals and bee lining for the objectives. On the shared overworld I would just get on my vehicle and ride to the objective, then in the dungeons/instances I'd kill everything in my way.

I actually had a bit of fun and was working on the "Super Hero" achievement when I last played which are just hold out missions.

Apparently it was throttled on two factors
#1. How many quests you've completed in succession
#2. How long you've been playing during that session
(Not sure which came first, so don't quote me)
Players have reported, and shown with metrics that they were getting as low as 4% of the XP they should have been getting. Yet the game would say they were gaining the full amount of XP with each kill/quest.

With the XP Doubled, it's still saying the same XP amount they are earning but.. it's taking long to level/progress past 20. So once again people called out Activision-Blizzard and Bungie, and they confessed to double the XP required in response to removing the throttling.
Add in the fact they were selling XP boosters via eververse and its DAFUQ

Yeah came here to say the same thing. The story is not really why you go to these games. If anything that's the most boring part of the game imo because you typically don't have very many abilities. Though I will say the ramp on getting to a point where the combat is fun was faster in marvel heroes than any of the other similar games which was nice. Mostly because the focus was on having a huge roster of characters so how many builds each one had was fairly limited compared to like D3.

Tis a sad day today From Software announced they will be shutting down the servers for demon souls.Servers will be forever shut sometime in Feb of next year.
They were going to shut it down the year it came out in the west. To have it last this long was already more than I ever expected.

Yeah came here to say the same thing. The story is not really why you go to these games. If anything that's the most boring part of the game imo because you typically don't have very many abilities. Though I will say the ramp on getting to a point where the combat is fun was faster in marvel heroes than any of the other similar games which was nice. Mostly because the focus was on having a huge roster of characters so how many builds each one had was fairly limited compared to like D3.
Sadly, I play games for the gameplay and story, I've never really gotten into the Loot Cycle addiction.
Which is why I've never beaten Borderlands 1.. even with friends.

Diablo 3.. I've beaten one time.. and one time only, much to the chargrin of my ex at the time. While I felt Torchlight 2 was just a boring slog for some reason.

Oddly though, I loved both Diablo 1 and Torchlight 1.

New PS4 Pro owner here. Im only doing PS exclusives on it, my multiplats will be on my X1X. People had told me to pick up Horizon Zero Dawn, now do I need the deluxe version or will I be ok with the vanilla version.? Thanks

Another reason it would be amazing if Demon's Souls could get an HD remake. 

It's a troubling dilemma in game preservation: what to do when you're talking about a game as significant as Demon's Souls, but whose greatness had much to do with its online aspect? At this point an HD remake would be more true to the original experience than an invasion-free one. 

And it's a bigger dilemma for humankind: would any decent person really want to bring children into a world where you can't introduce them to Demon's Souls? 

New PS4 Pro owner here. Im only doing PS exclusives on it, my multiplats will be on my X1X. People had told me to pick up Horizon Zero Dawn, now do I need the deluxe version or will I be ok with the vanilla version.? Thanks
I personally am waiting for a deal on the Complete Edition which is releasing soon. But I think there is nothing really special about the Deluxe.

Get the physical vanilla release. Play it, trade it in, and if you love it - wait until the price of the complete edition is on sale and then purchase it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if it was mentioned but just got an email  that if you sign up for a month of one of the Vue channel tiers by 11:59 PST 11/28 then you get a $20 PSN wallet credit in 7-14 days.

"Non-transferable $20 PSN Wallet Credit is available while supplies last. To qualify you must purchase and pay for a PlayStation Vue Ultra, Elite, Core or Access multi-channel plan by 11:59PM PST on November 28th with a valid email address and credit card. You must pay for your first month of service in full by November 29, 2017. 7-14 days after subscribing, an email will be sent to you at the email address provided with a voucher code for a $20 PSN Wallet credit. Each code will be unique. Voucher code will expire on 12/31/2017. Limit one per account. Available in the US only. You will be charged a monthly fee every 30 days until you cancel. If you cancel your Access, Core, Elite or Ultra plan subscription, any add-on channel subscriptions will also be canceled. To cancel: on PS4™ and PS3™ consoles, go to 'Settings' in the PlayStation Vue app, select 'Subscription', and click 'Unsubscribe'; or login to psvue.com/subscription and click 'Cancel Subscription' under 'Subscription Summary'; or call 877-883-7669. Other terms and conditions apply. Robust internet connection and compatible viewing device required. Channels and pricing vary by zip code and plan. Channels, content and devices subject to change. Live streaming for select networks may vary by location. Some sport events subject to area blackouts. On Demand channels do not broadcast live sports events. For more information on terms of use and conditions, see psvue.com/FAQ. PlayStation is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Void where prohibited. You are solely responsible for notifying Sony of any change to your email address and any other required information. "

https://vue.playstation.com/subscription/plans

Don't know if it was mentioned but just got an email that if you sign up for a month of one of the Vue channel tiers by 11:59 PST 11/28 then you get a $20 PSN wallet credit in 7-14 days.

"Non-transferable $20 PSN Wallet Credit is available while supplies last. To qualify you must purchase and pay for a PlayStation Vue Ultra, Elite, Core or Access multi-channel plan by 11:59PM PST on November 28th with a valid email address and credit card. You must pay for your first month of service in full by November 29, 2017. 7-14 days after subscribing, an email will be sent to you at the email address provided with a voucher code for a $20 PSN Wallet credit. Each code will be unique. Voucher code will expire on 12/31/2017. Limit one per account. Available in the US only. You will be charged a monthly fee every 30 days until you cancel. If you cancel your Access, Core, Elite or Ultra plan subscription, any add-on channel subscriptions will also be canceled. To cancel: on PS4™ and PS3™ consoles, go to 'Settings' in the PlayStation Vue app, select 'Subscription', and click 'Unsubscribe'; or login to psvue.com/subscription and click 'Cancel Subscription' under 'Subscription Summary'; or call 877-883-7669. Other terms and conditions apply. Robust internet connection and compatible viewing device required. Channels and pricing vary by zip code and plan. Channels, content and devices subject to change. Live streaming for select networks may vary by location. Some sport events subject to area blackouts. On Demand channels do not broadcast live sports events. For more information on terms of use and conditions, see psvue.com/FAQ. PlayStation is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Void where prohibited. You are solely responsible for notifying Sony of any change to your email address and any other required information. "

I just got this as well

Sadly, I play games for the gameplay and story, I've never really gotten into the Loot Cycle addiction.
Which is why I've never beaten Borderlands 1.. even with friends.
I actually don't care about the loot at all, it's all about the gameplay. Which was mostly my point but if you've never made it to D3 endgame it obviously wouldn't make sense. The basic gist of it though is that at max level the combat evolves into an entirely different beast. Leveling in D3 the combat is just a simple build resource -> spend resource loop but at max level it's more about building around a few select abilities that combo together in fun and satisfying ways. like 99% of builds don't even use resource generators or if they do it's usually like 2 attacks to completely fill it up instead of like 20.

They may as well be completely different games which you can argue is a pretty big game design flaw and I would very much agree. The saving grace of D3 though is that it doesn't take very long to hit max level and in seasonal play they give you a full armor set you can make a proper build around basically just for hitting max level.

Loot is just a means to an end really, the actual draw is trying to push greater rifts (dungeons with an infinite increasing difficulty) as high as I can and doing seasonal objectives (which are fun gameplay tasks that reward cool cosmetic items.) Plus over the years they've added other new gameplay things like set dungeons (dungeons that require you to wear a specific armor set and fulfill specific objectives within a time limit) and challenge rifts (which is the equivalent of a daily challenge in rogue-likes except it is on a weekly timer, in these you are literally playing a preset character and have no control over loot/skills.)

Don't know if it was mentioned but just got an email that if you sign up for a month of one of the Vue channel tiers by 11:59 PST 11/28 then you get a $20 PSN wallet credit in 7-14 days.

Of course they’d offer something like this after I just did the trial last week for the Trial Blazer thing. I would much rather have had a $20 credit.

I see people hoping that Ruiner goes on sale and I'm debating picking it up on XB1 since it's on sale there. There's not a lot of reviews compared to most games so I was wondering if anyone here had played it and can recommend it? I just watched the trailer for the first time and it looks pretty awesome.

Another reason it would be amazing if Demon's Souls could get an HD remake.

It's a troubling dilemma in game preservation: what to do when you're talking about a game as significant as Demon's Souls, but whose greatness had much to do with its online aspect? At this point an HD remake would be more true to the original experience than an invasion-free one.

And it's a bigger dilemma for humankind: would any decent person really want to bring children into a world where you can't introduce them to Demon's Souls?
Well it'd more than likely just be a port or remaster from PS3 to PS4, not a remake.

I just wish games were supported for 20+ yrs or something, Demon's Souls is such an awesome and land mark title.

Those were my exact words that when I would get a ps4 I would only buy exclusives but shiii.Boy was I fucking wrong i now own battlefield 1,titanfall 2,witches 3,fallout goty,resident evil 1 and 7 on both x1 and ps4.Buying games just because they are cheap is a disease.

I see people hoping that Ruiner goes on sale and I'm debating picking it up on XB1 since it's on sale there. There's not a lot of reviews compared to most games so I was wondering if anyone here had played it and can recommend it? I just watched the trailer for the first time and it looks pretty awesome.
Responded over on the XBL thread but I’ll elaborate a bit further. Fun game and brutally hard but there is an easy difficulty level that makes it reasonable. Controls are a little complex for a dual stick shooter but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played so far.

Responded over on the XBL thread but I’ll elaborate a bit further. Fun game and brutally hard but there is an easy difficulty level that makes it reasonable. Controls are a little complex for a dual stick shooter but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played so far.
Oh man, totally missed it with the dual quote response. My bad lol. Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm going to end up pulling the trigger.

Another question...does PSN have to charge at least 5 dollars for a purchase and then leave the rest to the wallet? Because my total is 41.96, but they are going to charge me 5 dollars and then not even use the full amount on my wallet. Not used to that with Xbox Live which takes the full amount from my account and then charges the remainder to the card.
The minimum that Sony can charge your card is $5. Therefore, in the following scenarios:

* You have $0 in your wallet and want to purchase something for $2. Sony will charge $5 to your card and drop the other $3 into your wallet.

* You have $0 in your wallet and want to purchase something for $41.96. Sony will charge you $41.96 and nothing goes in your wallet.

* You have $40 in your wallet and want to purchase something for $41.96. Because you do not have the full amount in your wallet, Sony will need to charge you. Because Sony cannot charge less than $5, they will take $40 from your wallet, charge your card $5, and drop the remaining $3.04 into your wallet.

Have $50 credit.

Thinking of:
Persona 5 $30
Dragonropa 1&2 reloaded $20
Tomb raider 20' year anniversity $20
Valkyria chronicles, $13.49

Persona not too sure since I didn't like P4G. Any ideas on what best to choose?

Yeah I wouldn't suggest Persona 5 if you didn't like 4 to be honest, gameplay is very much the same just more refined in P5. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back