PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's the case, how thoughtful of Sony to not let anyone know about a late PSN store update. :roll:
I'm not saying it is the case, but if they -did- have significant backend issues that stopped them from having a sale for some reason, they're sure as hell not going to publicize it. Why would they set themselves up for ridicule like that? Easier just to let it slide under the radar and give us the sale a week late or whatever, under a different name.

As an example of the type of glitch that could happen, it could be that they discovered a issue with the interface that lets them add sale items. Anything already scheduled and in the database might still go up as planned, but they can't add anything new.

Again, i'm not saying this happened. But I have been in similar situations in the real world with large websites where we just sort of slide big problems under the radar, with the public none the wiser.

Normally, I'd say that's extremely unlikely. But so is a major online presence completely ignoring BF and CM other than a weeklong sale that predated both. Couple that with today's extremely lackluster showing, and it becomes a slight possibility that something is screwy in screwsville.

It says a lot that over the last few weeks the only games I have even a small interest in getting are Sega Master System or Genesis games on ps3. AT LEAST RELEASE THESE GAMES ON PS4 SO DON'T NEED TO SWITCH SYSTEMS!
The first time I read this, I saw "AT LEAST RELEASE THESE GAMES ON PS4 SO I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A SWITCH!"

I'm really enjoying the ps4 slim, the system is quiet compared to my original fat.

I just wish I manage to get the last of us or kingdom hearts since those were two major games I've always wanted to play.

I just need to find a decent deal on PS+, wish I had the money to pick up a membership at the time.

I'm not saying it is the case, but if they -did- have significant backend issues that stopped them from having a sale for some reason, they're sure as hell not going to publicize it. Why would they set themselves up for ridicule like that? Easier just to let it slide under the radar and give us the sale a week late or whatever, under a different name.

As an example of the type of glitch that could happen, it could be that they discovered a issue with the interface that lets them add sale items. Anything already scheduled and in the database might still go up as planned, but they can't add anything new.

Again, i'm not saying this happened. But I have been in similar situations in the real world with large websites where we just sort of slide big problems under the radar, with the public none the wiser.

Normally, I'd say that's extremely unlikely. But so is a major online presence completely ignoring BF and CM other than a weeklong sale that predated both. Couple that with today's extremely lackluster showing, and it becomes a slight possibility that something is screwy in screwsville.
I always get the feeling that Sony's backend is a few guys in a basement running around putting out fires. Sometimes literally. So many pieces of the PlayStation division (especially web-related services from the store, blogs, downloads, and even if the game servers) feel very duct tape and piece-meal.

I know it's tough to make it look smooth and professional and easy to criticize, but they, so much more than many other companies, seem to show their seams and weaknesses.

I always get the feeling that Sony's backend is a few guys in a basement running around putting out fires. Sometimes literally. So many pieces of the PlayStation division (especially web-related services from the store, blogs, downloads, and even if the game servers) feel very duct tape and piece-meal.

I know it's tough to make it look smooth and professional and easy to criticize, but they, so much more than many other companies, seem to show their seams and weaknesses.
They probably just outsource the PSN.

I'm really enjoying the ps4 slim, the system is quiet compared to my original fat.

I just wish I manage to get the last of us or kingdom hearts since those were two major games I've always wanted to play.

I just need to find a decent deal on PS+, wish I had the money to pick up a membership at the time.
Those will be on sale again sure enough, dont worry. Side note, those or two of my most favorite games ever. :)

Here are the new deals for today:

PSVR Arizona Sunshine - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 12/4

:ps4: Black Mirror - $31.99 - 20% Off - Ends 12/5

:vita: Day D Tower Rush - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 12/5

:ps3: Gunstar Heroes - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 12/4

:ps4: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/5

:ps3: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/5

:vita: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/5

:ps4: Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 12/5

:ps4: :ps3: Rock of Ages 2: Complete Bundle - $13.39 - 33% Off - Ends 12/5

:ps4: Sky Force Reloaded - $8.99 - 10% Off - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 12/5

:ps4: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope Day One Edition - $18.89 - 10% Off - Ends 12/12

:ps3: Streets of Rage 2 - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 12/4

:ps3: ToeJam & Earl - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 12/4

:ps3: ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 12/4

:ps3: Wonder Boy in Monster Land - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 12/4

Here are the freebies:

Games

:ps4: Knights of Valour - Free

Demos

:ps4: Destiny 2 Free Trial

:ps4: Steep Road to the Olympics Demo

Add-ons

:ps4: Knights of Valour - PS Plus Beginner’s Weapon Pack - Free

:ps4: Sonic Forces - Sanic T-Shirts - Free

:ps4: Titanfall 2 - Jump Start Content - Free

Themes

:ps4: Payday 2 The Master Plan Theme - Free

Some other notable releases:

:ps4: 911 Operator + Special Resources - $17.99

:ps4: Blue Angels Aerobatic Flight Simulator - $14.99

:ps4: Iron Sea + Fort Defense Bundle - $9.99

:ps4: It’s Quiz Time - $19.99

:ps4: Outcast: Second Contact - $39.99

:vita: The Pixeljunk Bundle - $9.99

Good week.

Think we have different definitions of “good week” but thanks as always for posting the deals Frisky.
A good week for me is being able to get the list done quickly.

What did I just watch!? What is that crap??? Lol
The best fighting/wrestling game around.

No BF or even November flash sale. No Cyber Monday sale. Nothing much on sale this week. Yikes.

Wish I lived in Europe this week.
It's pretty easy to purchase stuff from there if you want.

Think I may save my money and get the iOS version of GNOG which released today for $4.99.

Always had an interest in it and mobile is perfect for these type of games.
I'd say VR is the only way to play that game. So much fun to have its great vibes surround you.

Eh, every companyI've worked for is held together by duct tape behind the scenes.

1) Management gives unreasonable expectations for a project.

2) Head of tech agrees to ridiculous deadline under pressure, because they have no other choice, and hope to get an extension later

3) Team under massive pressure is able to get the front end [public face] of the project done, but in order to do so skimps on everything in the backend [data management apps, etc] with promises they'll get to do that soon.

4) Management moves on to next project, and suddenly all those really vital back end tools get shelved, and somehow never make it through any priority setting meeting.

[that's not even getting into feature creep, last minute scope changes, and other curve balls]

Do that for a few years, and you're driving a tin can off a cliff.

Sony has the added problem of trying to balance a lot of parallel systems across many platforms. So, for example, they can't just start fresh and build a new account system with the PS5, they -need- to keep everything going forward.

Worse yet, this means any change they do make to any important system has to be tested across a forever increasing number of legacy systems. For example, does a change to the account system break all online play or leaderboards on ps3?

It's got to be a mess. It's not Sony's fault, per se... having worked a lot in related industries, it's just how it is.

Eh, every companyI've worked for is held together by duct tape behind the scenes.

1) Management gives unreasonable expectations for a project.

2) Head of tech agrees to ridiculous deadline under pressure, because they have no other choice, and hope to get an extension later

3) Team under massive pressure is able to get the front end [public face] of the project done, but in order to do so skimps on everything in the backend [data management apps, etc] with promises they'll get to do that soon.

4) Management moves on to next project, and suddenly all those really vital back end tools get shelved, and somehow never make it through any priority setting meeting.

[that's not even getting into feature creep, last minute scope changes, and other curve balls]

Do that for a few years, and you're driving a tin can off a cliff.

Sony has the added problem of trying to balance a lot of parallel systems across many platforms. So, for example, they can't just start fresh and build a new account system with the PS5, they -need- to keep everything going forward.

Worse yet, this means any change they do make to any important system has to be tested across a forever increasing number of legacy systems. For example, does a change to the account system break all online play or leaderboards on ps3?

It's got to be a mess. It's not Sony's fault, per se... having worked a lot in related industries, it's just how it is.
Yep. Add in having a consulting carousel that turns every time you accomplish more than 50% of your project and then have to start over only to ultimately wind up exactly where you started 6 months behind schedule and you can sum up the last 3 years of my life.

Find it pretty odd that movies and tv shows no longer seem to be on the web store
Those have been missing for a while now. Shame, too, since I would have gladly thrown in some movies to stack on my 20% off.

I think the talk about a major glitch in the backend of the store is right on the money, since I was able to dig up a "movie" page from Google cache, and while they were still technically there, most of the movie pages were broken or glitched.

I actually think P4 has the weakest story out of the 3 persona games people have actually played, but it just had a strong cast of characters (though I think P3 and P5 both do as well.) TBH P3 actually has my favorite story of the 3, I loved how they handled the typical RPG cliches of your main character being the chosen one and the evil threat that wants to destroy the world. The revelations around both of those things are really cool.
The main thing p4 had was social links with all the party members which originally p3 didn't. Hell even in vanilla you could only do s links with 2 female party members an fuuka. And for all 3 of those the get developed during the story. I feel p3p helps flesh out some of the characters. Its a shame junpeis link went nowhere because his could really add alot to his character and his relationship with his alcoholic father.

Finally get to pick up Odin Sphere. Been waiting for this to go on sale again forever, so this weeks sale gets my stamp of approval :D/

Anyone in here play the Star Ocean game that is on sale? Worth it?
Curious too. It’s a remaster. I played it on 360 (never finished) and liked it but it wasn’t top shelf either. Might wait a bit for a deeper sale since this is just a launch discount.

There are far better RPGs. That said I’m sure it’s better than the newest Star Ocean, which I haven’t played because of the bad reviews.

Anyone in here play the Star Ocean game that is on sale? Worth it?
I really enjoyed it on the 360 and put around 100 hours into it which is a lot for me. The PS3 version's Platinum is one of the longest out there though and it looks like that hasn't changed in the remaster unfortunately.

Think we have different definitions of “good week” but thanks as always for posting the deals Frisky.
any time a game with this description comes out, its a good week.

In 911 Operator, you take on the role of an emergency dispatcher, who has to rapidly deal with the incoming reports. Keep in mind, that the person on the other side of the line might turn out to be a dying daughter’s father, an unpredictable terrorist, or just a prankster. Can you handle all of this?

PLAY ON ANY CITY IN THE WORLD

The Free Play mode lets you choose a city to play on - the game will download its map, along with real streets, addresses and the emergency infrastructure.

just not sure if i should start in st louis, detroit or baltimore...

Curious too. It’s a remaster. I played it on 360 (never finished) and liked it but it wasn’t top shelf either. Might wait a bit for a deeper sale since this is just a launch discount.

There are far better RPGs. That said I’m sure it’s better than the newest Star Ocean, which I haven’t played because of the bad reviews.
I had the PS3 version in my backlog for awhile until I sold everything. The reviews I've seen stated it was between decent and good, it's just the English dub is horrible. There are so many bad reviews on Star Ocean 5, I decided to not get it. I heard the combat is good but that's it.

Kung Fu Panda. Jesus Christ.
The video makes it look like a poor mans smash bros. Sony already gave us one of those once, we don't need another!

Darksiders 2 is good though, anyone who likes action rpgs should give it a chance if you haven't played it.

Eh, i didn't like Darksiders 2 [only played about an hour] but some did.   My kid might like KFPanda.

The vita games are alright.   Syberia is supposed to be great.

Not a great month, or anything, but it's serviceable for the 3 bucks and change I pay for ps+ a month.

The video makes it look like a poor mans smash bros. Sony already gave us one of those once, we don't need another!

Darksiders 2 is good though, anyone who likes action rpgs should give it a chance if you haven't played it.
Yeah, Darksiders 2 is definitely worth playing. Kung Fu Panda isn't even an easy Plat like you might expect. Won't be touching that one.

Well I'll be passing on this month's games.  Already got Darksiders 2 from GWG for xbox360 and played a little of it (not my cup of tea).  Not interested in the others.  I'm not complaining though, I need to make progress through my backlog so I'm fine with it.

I enjoyed the first Darksiders but couldn't really get into the second on ps3. I'll stash this in the backlog and maybe give it another shot someday. Syberia is also supposed to be great, so into the backlog it goes.

For all you trophy hunters out there there is an unobtainable trophy for darksiders 2 that required gifting an item to another player but since the servers are shut down that means no platinum trophy.

Yeah, Darksiders 2 is definitely worth playing. Kung Fu Panda isn't even an easy Plat like you might expect. Won't be touching that one.
Speaking of easy plats though apparently that xblaze game is one, like a 5 hour weird adventure game/VN. Might check it out as I have a soft spot for Arc for some reason.

Wow, brutal month for plus.. with humble bundle at 2 different times featuring Darksiders, and sales on the game throughout the year, plus it's a remaster of a highly popular last gen game, I highly doubt there is more than a tiny percentage of people that haven't played or don't already own this. Then a movie licensed game? Well people wanted retail games.. ugh.. terrible month! Let's hope Sony offsets this with a month of sales like last year.. but after what they pulled in November, I won't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back