PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
i just beat Shadow of the Colossus

wow i feel stupid for giving up on it years ago after the 2nd colossus, it's one of the most powerful games i've ever played

i thought controlling the horse was awkward, but the game deserves all the praise it gets

Is there any reason to keep my Vita? I'm thinking of making a 3DS my go to for portable games.
I play mine in the break room at work during lunch most days. A half hour of Spelunky five days a week does a lot for my sanity. But seriously, used Vitas only seem to get more expensive as time passes. If you have a decent library of digital Vita games on PSN, I'd keep it. Never know when you might want to play them. I wouldn't trade it in for a 3DS. Those things are everywhere and sell dirt cheap every now and then, especially if you go for a 2DS. Those are $70 new now, I think.

Anyone know when stores will start dropping the PSVRs? Was in Walmart earlier and saw they had a GT sport bundle but it still rang up $299. I showed them they were one of the $199 retailers but no dice.

They’re the only store I know of that does everything they can *not* to get customers to give them money

Anyone know when stores will start dropping the PSVRs? Was in Walmart earlier and saw they had a GT sport bundle but it still rang up $299. I showed them they were one of the $199 retailers but no dice.

They’re the only store I know of that does everything they can *not* to get customers to give them money
last time Walmart locally didnt even lower the price to the sale price until the last day of the sale, so who knows.

Do game installs from the disc on PS4 require you to be connected to the Internet? Just picked up a fresh 1 TB from the GameStop trade-in deal, and I want to install several bigger games that I already own, but I don't want to eat up my data to do so. And yes, I know that updates will require an Internet connections. Thanks for any replies.

Anyone play Anima: Gate of memories? It's $16 with 20% coupon, heard it's similar to nier?

Do game installs from the disc on PS4 require you to be connected to the Internet? Just picked up a fresh 1 TB from the GameStop trade-in deal, and I want to install several bigger games that I already own, but I don't want to eat up my data to do so. And yes, I know that updates will require an Internet connections. Thanks for any replies.
No, you just need them for the updates.

Ended up buying titanfall 2 digitally. Have physical version, but play it often enough that would rather have another game in drive.

Saving 20% coupon for this weeks sales, expires on the 28th...

Just bought a Doom VR bundle for $250 from Newegg/eBay. Bought $400 in eBay credit from Target on Xmas with this exact deal in mind. Psyched.

It blows my mind that someone out there would consider buying somebody else's PSN ID simply to lay claim to their trophies or even pay somebody to earn a trophy for them. I know I'd feel no sense of accomplishment if I looked at my profile and saw trophies I paid somebody else to do for me.
What blows my mind even more is someone would throw away all those digital games they bought over the years just to start fresh with no backlog or trophies.

What blows my mind even more is someone would throw away all those digital games they bought over the years just to start fresh with no backlog or trophies.
yep, ive got all these clothes i cant wear all at once, so im going to throw them all away and just buy an outfit when i need one. LOGIC!

yep, ive got all these clothes i cant wear all at once, so im going to throw them all away and just buy an outfit when i need one. LOGIC!
Don’t use the word logic when your analogy is flawed. Luxury vs necessity, not to mention the fact that people do this with clothes all the time. Buy a new outfit, wear it to death and then store it in the closet/dresser and move on to the next, realize you still have it sometime later and donate it, sell it, or toss it out. Think of this as a wardrobe makeover.

I might not agree with this because I rarely get rid of my games now because I have a weird collecting fascination but it’s not weird for him to do this if he has the money and it makes him feel better.

I might not agree with this because I rarely get rid of my games now because I have a weird collecting fascination but it’s not weird for him to do this if he has the money and it makes him feel better.
I'd have to say it's still weird, no matter what. I can't think of any valid reason to just throw away so many purchases, when there's no actual downside to keeping them.

Don’t use the word logic when your analogy is flawed. Luxury vs necessity, not to mention the fact that people do this with clothes all the time. Buy a new outfit, wear it to death and then store it in the closet/dresser and move on to the next, realize you still have it sometime later and donate it, sell it, or toss it out. Think of this as a wardrobe makeover.

The difference being clothing wears out, takes up space, is resellable, etc. It's really damn weird to lack the will power to just play the games you want and ignore the rest. It would make much more sense to install a game then disconnect from the internet or something.

The difference being clothing wears out, takes up space, is resellable, etc. It's really damn weird to lack the will power to just play the games you want and ignore the rest. It would make much more sense to install a game then disconnect from the internet or something.
You could even just delete everything off the system and just download the games you want to play.

It blows my mind that someone out there would consider buying somebody else's PSN ID simply to lay claim to their trophies or even pay somebody to earn a trophy for them. I know I'd feel no sense of accomplishment if I looked at my profile and saw trophies I paid somebody else to do for me.
I put this out there because I read before that people are selling their services to play games on your account to earn trophies for you. If there's a market for that, there's definitely someone out there willing to buy a high trophy profile. People often lay claim to an achievement they did not do on their own. Not only that, but someone could definitely be willing to buy the games on that account. On another note, some people have accounts with rare and delisted games.

I also agree that it's weird to start over with a new account to rid the backlog, but I know that Sony definitely would appreciate that effort if he rebuys a bunch of games he owned. All the better for the economy.

Yeaaaah, that's a terrible analogy. A better analogy is you have so many clothes that you will never wear something so you donate it, which people do all the time. LOGIC!

Whoops, just saw Ibacai said the exact same thing.

Would you still have access to the old account?

If yes, then there's no reason to start a new account.  You are then willingly ignoring that you have these games if you keep access to the old account and only play on a new account.  You can delete all the games off your system and leave them unbought and untouched in your library.  That is also ignoring them.

If you truly want a new start, change your password to a completely random one that is impossible to guess, burn the paper you wrote it on and factory reset your system.  

But listen, you do whatever lets you sleep at night.  If pretending that you never bought those games and never creating a backlog makes you happy, then do it.  It's your money.

Well, if it's not possible to donate them, you throw them out.

I'm not sure what the difference is between ignoring games I've bought and starting a new ID.
The difference is that you can't ignore them and that's why you're starting a new ID. It's like you can't deal with them being there looking back at you. It says something about your mental state. That's why everyone finds it jarring.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

i just wonder how long until he buys a game on his new account that he already owns on his old account. either way best of luck, for whatever the goal is. I guess i kind of did the same with my ps3 game backlog, kept the same account but got rid of the ps3. Every day i think about getting a cheap ps3 to play a few of the games i didnt have time for back then (but i dont really have time for them now either)

Put the folder system to use. Create one that says "previous account" (or "shit I'm pretending isn't there") and another that says "current account" (or "my new imaginary digital life").

I know it's all the same account, but since pretending is the basis for your current strategy I figured this wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Guys, if you quote him, I can see it, and that makes me want to respond. Please stop doing that.

Or do what you want. Some decent points in the replies.

What VR bundles have the updated VR? I think I'm gonna get one.

Also, Z-Saber continues to be obsessed with me despite blocking me. 😂😂

This is great though, comments on my mental state, extremely convoluted suggestions on doing the same thing I'm doing, etc, all because I decided to make a new PSN account and start over. 😂😂😂

Runthejewels, if you don't want the account, I'll gladly take it off your hands and change the password so you won't have access to the account anymore.

The difference is that you can't ignore them and that's why you're starting a new ID. It's like you can't deal with them being there looking back at you. It says something about your mental state. That's why everyone finds it jarring.

Actually, I think it's because all of you have insane backlogs of mediocre bullshit but don't have the strength to leave it behind like I did so you're lashing out. It's been like five days since I did this, there's no reason for you guys to still care this much.

Also, Z-Saber continues to be obsessed with me despite blocking me. 😂😂

This is great though, comments on my mental state, extremely convoluted suggestions on doing the same thing I'm doing, etc, all because I decided to make a new PSN account and start over. 😂😂😂
Doom and Skyrim bundles, doom one is $250 at Newegg ebay

Actually, I think it's because all of you have insane backlogs of mediocre bullshit but don't have the strength to leave it behind like I did so you're lashing out. It's been like five days since I did this, there's no reason for you guys to still care this much.
It might be your definition of "leave it behind" that's weirding people out--instead of organizing a cluttered room (putting stuff away, not using them), you're closing the door and moving to a different room. Do you really have to create a new account to move on from your backlog or can you use chriscolbert's folder idea?

Not that I'm one to talk about moving on from backlogs--I'm playing The Darkness II after starting it years ago.

It might be your definition of "leave it behind" that's weirding people out--instead of organizing a cluttered room (putting stuff away, not using them), you're closing the door and moving to a different room. Do you really have to create a new account to move on from your backlog or can you use chriscolbert's folder idea?
Of course I don't "have" to. I like starting over, it doesn't bother me at all.

To adjust your analogy, it's more like instead of going through all the clutter and seeing what I might want to keep, I'm just throwing it all out.

Thanks to you and Frisky for the explanation about downloading from the disc without Internet. I'm redownloading several games now that I switched systems, but anything requiring more than a few gigs max will be getting installed from the disc with updates coming later. I just downloaded Fat Princess Adventures and Portal Knights from PSN, and I'm looking forward to finally playing both games although I've read that they are somewhat similar; Fat Princess is supposed to be more like a family friendly Diablo and Portal Knights is more like a less difficult Don't Starve from what I gather.

Also, Z-Saber continues to be obsessed with me despite blocking me.

This is great though, comments on my mental state, extremely convoluted suggestions on doing the same thing I'm doing, etc, all because I decided to make a new PSN account and start over.
Doom and Skyrim bundles have the updated versions

My back log is still strong and I smile at it everyday with no regrets.

So you smile at your backlog every day and I'm the one with mental issues? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Yup that was exactly the point of my comment. For a guy who got over it 5 days ago and is wondering why random people on the internet are worried about his behavior you sure do care.

Yup that was exactly the point of my comment. For a guy who got over it 5 days ago and is wondering why random people on the internet are worried about his behavior you sure do care.

😂😂😂

What? The point of your reply to me was to get me to reply to you? Uh oh, you did it again. 😂😂😂

Just wanted to thank FriskyTanuki again for posting the deals: was about to leave for work this morning and remembered that I never actually purchased the items I had placed in my cart on the PlayStation Store website. Ended up grabbing :ps4::ps3::vita: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, :ps3: Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, :ps3: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, :ps3: Resident Evil 6: Ultimate Edition and :ps4: Super Meat Boy for under $17.

Hey everybody, I'm playing Final Fantasy 6 on my Vita to finish it off before I attack FF7 (PS4).

Very exciting times.  

The resisted the urge to but The Surge even if only for $20. My backlog is long and distinguished. I’m working my way through it and it’s allowing me to wait to buy any “new” games that aren’t deeply discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back