PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone sell me on Titalfall 2? got Black ops III and many friends said it's almost the same game, i want to believe they're wrong tho.
Your friends are wrong lol. Titanfall 2 plays differently, Yes they're both fast paced FPS but the Titans add in a different dimension, that helps it stand out from other FPS. Its super cheap recently too >$15 on eBay during the week most times. Its worth a pick up. Much better than the first and a solid campaign

Any opinions, impressions, yay/nay on Typoman? Seems like it might be interesting, The Price is RightTM, but there is the slight whiff of future PS+.
Yea. I got this game. Looked like Limbo, but with a twist.

I did not like it for $5; stopped playing after about an hour.

Any opinions, impressions, yay/nay on Typoman? Seems like it might be interesting, The Price is RightTM, but there is the slight whiff of future PS+.
I enjoyed my time with it but it is a very short game. I liked the art style and the idea. Doesn't have the best platforming game play but it also isn't the worst. The first play through took probably about four hours. I beat it the second time in under two hours. The game does suffer from bugs as it crashes constantly when playing the Antonymizer Mini Game. If you do buy it back up your saves.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Doom - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/3

Freebies:

:ps4: Dead Alliance Multiplayer Beta - Free - Starts now, ends 8/1

:ps4: Doom Full-Game Trial - Free - Ends 7/31

New Releases:

:ps4: Leaving Lyndow - $3.99

For those curious about filesizes, the Doom download (not sure if trial is the same or not) is 76 GBs like my disc install + latest patch, so make sure you have the room for it.

The LawBreakers beta is 18.5 GB and new Dungeon Defenders II beta got a 10.5 GB update, so I'm in big download city right now.

Yup. I hope we can actually start the single player campaign at 23 GB. The threshhold for when you can actually start playing a game has been inconsistent for me with that initial install feature. For most games I get stopped at the menu at launch lol

Never heard of dead alliance. Lots of free multiplayer stuff to check out between this, lawbreakers, and doom. Of course i bought doom as soon as the price went live 🔥 😇

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/vip-account-status-ps4-and-xbox-one

Marvel Heroes Omega added a new VIP account program that offers some good bonuses:

To qualify, all you have to do is purchase any amount of Gs or a Marvel Heroes Omega pack through the PSN Store or Xbox Marketplace! Once you have done either of the above, your account will automatically be upgraded to VIP Account Status.

VIP Account Status benefits include:

• Nightcrawler playable Hero unlocked (VIP timed exclusive)
  • Permanent +5% Bonus Experience
  • Permanent +5% Bonus Credits
  • Receive a Marvelous Loot Box as a free one-time bonus
  • 10 extra storage slots
  • 5 Eternity Splinters every day you log in
You can basically grab the $5 pack of Gs and get VIP status off of that.

They've also recently made it so that you get a Marvelous loot box for getting to level 5, 12, 15, and 30 with your first hero and another for every character you max out at level 60. Those Marvelous loot boxes are the only way to get costumes for your heroes now, so it's either directly in the loot box or with the extra dust currency that you get with them. You also get boosts (XP, credit, and/or others) and some other stuff in the loot boxes, so it's not just the costumes. That's just the main appeal of the loot boxes.

Yea. I got this game. Looked like Limbo, but with a twist.

I did not like it for $5; stopped playing after about an hour.
I enjoyed my time with it but it is a very short game. I liked the art style and the idea. Doesn't have the best platforming game play but it also isn't the worst. The first play through took probably about four hours. I beat it the second time in under two hours. The game does suffer from bugs as it crashes constantly when playing the Antonymizer Mini Game. If you do buy it back up your saves.
Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna skip it this time. The game was never on my radar before, but I am always open to games that have unique ideas / gameplay, especially at the $5 or below range. I'll at least consider most at that price point, even if flawed in some respect. And short doesn't bother me (I just finished a Starbucks that cost more and in under 4 hours, no less). But after y'all's input and pecking around online, I'll wait for it to be a bit less or PS+.

I was briefly tempted but I'm holding off for a good sale after seeing the lukewarm reviews.
I decided to get it. Had some extra credit and it looks pretty dang cool. 79 on Metacritic (using the PC version because it has way more reviews). I’d say that’s in the good range.

And it is “on sale” at $16.99 still so I can say I didn’t pay full price for it at least. ;)

Edit: Getting more good reviews. 8/10 from Gamespot. Perfect score from Attack of the Fanboy.

I’m actually anxious to play it.

I was ready to buy the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro console when I noticed that it appears to be a disc version of the game and not a download code.  Does anyone know if this is the same for all retailers?  Usually I prefer discs for trade-in value, but Destiny is one of the few games I prefer digital.

I was ready to buy the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro console when I noticed that it appears to be a disc version of the game and not a download code. Does anyone know if this is the same for all retailers? Usually I prefer discs for trade-in value, but Destiny is one of the few games I prefer digital.
I have no idea specifically about that one, but in the past I thought only Gamestop did discs and everyone else was digital.

Sundered is great so far. Really enjoying it.
It is. Also gorgeous to look at and also dang hard. Only real complaint is the platforming is a little floaty and in some ways I think it could have been better without random level generation.

Otherwise, great stuff.

I was ready to buy the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro console when I noticed that it appears to be a disc version of the game and not a download code. Does anyone know if this is the same for all retailers? Usually I prefer discs for trade-in value, but Destiny is one of the few games I prefer digital.
I'm pretty sure most PS4 bundles are disc. Xbox bundles are the ones with download codes (except for Gamestop).

It is. Also gorgeous to look at and also dang hard. Only real complaint is the platforming is a little floaty and in some ways I think it could have been better without random level generation.

Otherwise, great stuff.
It's hard but I like it. A lot of review complaints were about how enemies attack in large swarms. But I think that makes it challenging and makes you learn how to do things like dodge and preserve your shield.

It's definitely a touch glitchy still. I fall through platforms once in a while and get a moment of stuttering every once in a while.

I agree that the procedural level generation doesn't add a whole lot, but in a game where you need to die and retrace your steps many times, the bit of added variety helps IMO.

Have they confirmed no voice acting for the West? I am fine without it if it means the game will be released sooner over here.
There's no voice acting in the Japanese version and Yuji Horii specifically mentions "text" when talking about the localization in the video.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/vip-account-status-ps4-and-xbox-one

Marvel Heroes Omega added a new VIP account program that offers some good bonuses:

You can basically grab the $5 pack of Gs and get VIP status off of that.

They've also recently made it so that you get a Marvelous loot box for getting to level 5, 12, 15, and 30 with your first hero and another for every character you max out at level 60. Those Marvelous loot boxes are the only way to get costumes for your heroes now, so it's either directly in the loot box or with the extra dust currency that you get with them. You also get boosts (XP, credit, and/or others) and some other stuff in the loot boxes, so it's not just the costumes. That's just the main appeal of the loot boxes.
I had some PS credit and used it to get the $5 pack and instantly became VIP. I feel special now. More or less. Now to start testing out the powers of Nightcrawler this wknd. BAMF!

Have they confirmed no voice acting for the West? I am fine without it if it means the game will be released sooner over here.
I'd be shocked if they didn't add voice acting for the west. They can get away with no voice acting in deliberately retro games like I Am Setsuna, but not in a game like this. They knew a lack of voice acting would have hurt DQ8's sales back in 2005, and the same would apply to DQXI.

I'd be shocked if they didn't add voice acting for the west. They can get away with no voice acting in deliberately retro games like I Am Setsuna, but not in a game like this. They knew a lack of voice acting would have hurt DQ8's sales back in 2005, and the same would apply to DQXI.
They've always had totally unrealistic sales expectations, and then it's been a cataclysm and a "failure" when it didn't become the best selling game of whatever year. I think they've seen now that they can have good success selling it as a niche game. They're not going to go all out on it, and they shouldn't. It'll do fine but I doubt it will sell anything like even a modestly successful western game like tomb raider or even a final fantasy. Even if it had Japanese voice acting, many titles, like Yakuza, don't sell well enough to justify it and many of the biggest fans don't care. And the Japanese version never even had voice acting.

I dunno, they were hoping Dragon Quest would explode in the west during that time. I think they know now it will be never be more than a niche outside Japan.

Dungeon Defenders II is giving out some free stuff for logging in over the next week or so:

Get your FREE Beat the Heat Bundle!
Patch 1.0.3 is now available on Xbox One, PC and PS4! Login now to get your FREE Beat the Heat Bundle from the in-game shop. (To find the shop, pause the game and select the "Shop" option.) The free bundle will disappear on August 10th, so don't miss out on these items!

• A free 4,000 Defender Medal gift
  • An exclusive Purrville the Helicatter pet!
  • An exclusive Squilbur the Squid hat for the Squire!
  • An exclusive PAWS the Corgi shoulder pal for the Squire!
  • An exclusive shirtless beach Squire accessory!
  • An exclusive Squire beach shorts accessory!
Once you redeem the bundle, you'll find your medals in your Inventory as an item. (WARNING: Make sure you have fewer than 8,000 Medals before redeeming, or you will not get the full 4,000 Medal gift!) To find your accessories, go to the Costume Shop, select the Wardrobe, choose the Squire's Default costume, and you'll find his new accessories in the appropriate slots!

I dunno, they were hoping Dragon Quest would explode in the west during that time. I think they know now it will be never be more than a niche outside Japan.
I still hold out hope that one day Dragon Quest will be as big as it deserves.

It's Spring Again is a Vita game for 2 year olds. How many 2 year olds are really playing Vita these days, or really ever?

Rock Band Blitz is getting delisted on 8/28:

https://twitter.com/RockBandAide/status/892027746637012992

Was $4.99 the cheapest that trials fusion has ever been? I recently got the season pass while doing some trades so i am looking to buy the base game nex time it is on sale

Reminder that the EA, Totally Digital, and PS+ Specials sales end tomorrow morning. We'll get the PS+ titles and the second/final round of Totally Digital sales tomorrow.

Knack 2 has couch coop but I'm pretty sure it still has a lot of that Knackness we came to know in the first game. It's not bad, it just felt kind of hollow and without any oomph to the story and environments.

Reminder that the EA, Totally Digital, and PS+ Specials sales end tomorrow morning. We'll get the PS+ titles and the second/final round of Totally Digital sales tomorrow.
They already have a "vote for the next deal" promo on psn. It's between Skyrim and Evil Within Digital deluxe at 50-65% off. Check the storefront if you want to vote.

A new freebie:

Smashbox Dodgeball Avatar - Free

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/31/vote-for-your-favorite-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vs-the-evil-within/

A new Vote For Your Favorite deal has started with the winner going on sale on Friday between these two games:

:ps4: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $29.99 - 50% Off

:ps4: The Evil Within Digital Bundle - $9.99 - 66% Off

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/31/hands-on-with-wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus/

New episode of PlayStation Underground on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q90piwzj15c

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back