PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who played them, should I be excited about any of the Amnesia games and should I put any of those ahead of Soma in my Halloween October playlist?
What else is in your October Halloween playlist? I am trying to come up with one myself.

The only one I definitely know I have to do is Costume Quest 2 because I've been putting it off until Halloween time for a couple years now. I also know I'll have to dedicate some time to get Halloween drops in Overwatch and Rocket League, but I'd like to get some actual horror games in as well. Part of me is considering White Day, Dead by Daylight, Outlast, and maybe Alan Wake (Steam.) Now that you mention them, though, Soma and Amnesia could be contenders as well.

The only one I definitely know I have to do is Costume Quest 2 because I've been putting it off until Halloween time for a couple years now.
Man I don't want to burst any bubbles or anything but I finally got around to playing Costume Quest 2 a few weeks ago and it was really disappointing as a Halloween game. It's still fun (though I actually think the battle system is less fun than the first game) but it's basically a sci-fi game and the locations you go to reflect that.

Part of what I liked about the first game was that you are exploring places associated with Halloween, a neighborhood, a mall, a "spooky" village. Second game really lacks that charm because of the locations. Heck honestly Halloween kinda feels like an afterthought, the focus of the game is on candy more than anything.

Also not sure what version you are playing but I played the PS3 version (since it was free on plus at some point) and that version runs kinda bad. It auto saves a lot and auto saves will often cause the game to hitch for a second. I also ran into a few bugs that I had to restart the game to fix. There is also something weird about the collision in the game and there are a bunch of objects you can just walk straight up and over to get into places you shouldn't be able to get to. Really lacks polish.

I've got the PS4 version. Bummer to hear the Halloween aspect is more of an afterthough, but hopefully the costume aspect will make it feel like it's in the spirit of Halloween, at least.

For some reason, despite resisting that humblebundle the first time, I bought tier 2 today... then realize the reason I resisted it was because I already owned all the games I wanted. F.

But I LOVE ps+!

I've almost bought Amnesia more than once, and I literally almost bought MGS last week. I already own Skyforce - it's a great little shmup on vita/ps4. I don't know a thing about hue. The MGS+Amnesia was easily worth $20 to me, so saving 40% of my subscription in a single month is a huge win.

You really should trim that list to two because JC3 is absolute trash in every aspect.
Completely untrue. It's a crazy fun, if a bit janky, destruction sandbox. Grapple and wingsuit everywhere, tons of stuff to do, tons of bases to destroy. Fly helicopters with unlimited missiles, set off huge chain reactions as fuel tanks blow up everywhere.

Yes, frame rate drops. But what do you expect when you're allowed to have 50 missiles on the screen at once and physics based towers toppling while a electrical substation chain reacts setting off each individual piece?

Framerate is fine during everything important [ie, time trials, etc] and only drops when you're doing so much it makes perfect sense. I'd rather that then them removing all the chain reactions or whatever would be necessary to keep it under control.

I loved almost every second of my plat. Except for some of the hardest time trials.

The one issue I see is that Paranormal being free in ZP2 leads to a weird situation where it's not free in PFX3 and is only available in a $10 bundle, where I already own one of the three tables it is bundled with. I kind of wish it continued to be free as a good starter table for those that are somehow just now showing up to the pinball party.
I have always gone to the website to "purchase" the free cross-buy tables instead of using the in-game import. I remember trying the import once when they first started doing this, but it didn't work for me then. I prefer buying them through the store anyway so I can que up the downloads remotely when its convenient. But going to the web page for the dlc of FX3, while a majority of the packs are free because I own the ZP2 tables, many are not (even though I own all the tables in the pack). I got to FX3 late last night and didn't want to start a big download by importing all the tables then, so I just messed around with Sorcerer's Lair a bit.

Question: I assume you had to do the in-game import to get the Paranormal table. Obtaining the tables using the in-game import - does this add the tables to your purchase history, i.e. show: in your owned add-ons, on your download list online, as "Purchased" on the dlc page, ect.? I plan on getting a Pro this black friday / christmas and definitely would like the ability to que these remotely (besides "officially" owning them in Sony's eyes).

costume quest 2 is ok but there are a few guide dang it moments.  The were wolf section and finding the kid with braces off the top of my head since the former the tracks are sorta useless to follow and the latter the tracks are invisible and have large gaps between them.  Had to look up both times what to do.  The games story is ok and if nothing else its short and can be finished in a day if you have 6-7 hours free.  Got all the costumes besides the dlc one.  Some are definitely better than others.  I kinda wish I could have used candy corn since its dialogue is hilarious as hell.

Question: I assume you had to do the in-game import to get the Paranormal table. Obtaining the tables using the in-game import - does this add the tables to your purchase history, i.e. show: in your owned add-ons, on your download list online, as "Purchased" on the dlc page, ect.? I plan on getting a Pro this black friday / christmas and definitely would like the ability to que these remotely (besides "officially" owning them in Sony's eyes).
I used the in-game import feature for Pinball FX3 and all of the tables (including Paranormal) were added to both my purchase history and download list. I have almost all of the tables, so the import took a while because it bumps you out to a PSN pop-up box for each individual table or pack. Had to be a little careful because some tables are now bundled and when it bumps you out to the PSN pop-up the table data may already be downloaded from a previous table in the pack so you have to manually download just the unlock key to add the new table that it's currently trying to import. If the table pack data was already downloaded, you won't be able to choose 'download all' for that table but you still need to get the individual unlock key.

Kind of disappointed about MGSV since it was on a good sale recently and bought it. I thought they weren't going to do that. Although, I'm not sure what "recently" really means...
The last sale for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was June 20, which is well out of the statute of limitations for legit complaints. :fridge:

That's one of my fears with the One X. Yeah, it's way more powerful than what's out there already, but what if the game has garbage optimization and it doesn't matter?
I would be worried about the XB1X for that reason and more, what is the point of all that power when Microsoft forbids any game from not being playable on the OG xb1 compared to the 1X. That is the biggest reason the 1X is doomed to fail, because it can have no exclusivity to it and the S already upscales to 4k resolution so your going to see very very minor performance increases between the S and the X, just like with the PS4 and the Pro, the problem is the Pro is only 100 more then the regular PS4 while the 1X is 200 more.

Its a cheap, riddled, glitchy mess of a game that is a poor excuse for a GTA ripoff, its garbage but to each their own I guess.
It's not a GTA clone in any world that has ever existed, so I can see why you don't like it if you were expecting GTA.

Just Cause 3 is a sandbox game in the vein of games like Crackdown, Mercenaries, or other games like that that give you a big open world to explore, collect items or complete the activities in villages and cities, and maybe do story missions if that interests you. There isn't much in common with GTA beyond being open world, having some weapons, and cars.

I would be worried about the XB1X for that reason and more, what is the point of all that power when Microsoft forbids any game from not being playable on the OG xb1 compared to the 1X. That is the biggest reason the 1X is doomed to fail, because it can have no exclusivity to it and the S already upscales to 4k resolution so your going to see very very minor performance increases between the S and the X, just like with the PS4 and the Pro, the problem is the Pro is only 100 more then the regular PS4 while the 1X is 200 more.
Yeah, don't agree with any of that.

I used the in-game import feature for Pinball FX3 and all of the tables (including Paranormal) were added to both my purchase history and download list. I have almost all of the tables, so the import took a while because it bumps you out to a PSN pop-up box for each individual table or pack. Had to be a little careful because some tables are now bundled and when it bumps you out to the PSN pop-up the table data may already be downloaded from a previous table in the pack so you have to manually download just the unlock key to add the new table that it's currently trying to import. If the table pack data was already downloaded, you won't be able to choose 'download all' for that table but you still need to get the individual unlock key.
Thanks for that. The very first time I tried to use the import feature from i believe ZP to ZP2, it didn't work (I admit I was probably trying this right out of the gate, they most likely had not completely set it up) so I went to the store and all my tables were listed for free, so I have gotten them that way ever since. It seems that the ones not listed for free for me are in new packs that didn't exist before and individual tables are not listed now.

MGS V is head and shoulders above the other two.

To those who played them, should I be excited about any of the Amnesia games and should I put any of those ahead of Soma in my Halloween October playlist?
If you want to see the groundwork for SOMA then you should play Amnesia first.

I tried Just Cause 3 and I couldn't get into it. Perhaps it's because storywise I had no idea what was going on, and I was having issues getting used to the controls. I'm ashamed at how many times I faceplanted trying to use the wingsuit.

Though I can see the fun in just the little bit I played of it, I wasn't feeling it. But I'll try it again later and it will probably click for me. However, the only similarity to GTA I found was that you can run around an open world shooting/blowing shit up and you can drive cars.

Honestly it reminded me more of a third person Far Cry than a GTA clone.

I tried Just Cause 3 and I couldn't get into it. Perhaps it's because storywise I had no idea what was going on, and I was having issues getting used to the controls. I'm ashamed at how many times I faceplanted trying to use the wingsuit.

Though I can see the fun in just the little bit I played of it, I wasn't feeling it. But I'll try it again later and it will probably click for me. However, the only similarity to GTA I found was that you can run around an open world shooting/blowing shit up and you can drive cars.

Honestly it reminded me more of a third person Far Cry than a GTA clone.
Don't focus on the story. Your goal is to liberate the various towns across the island by blowing things up in whatever ways you can devise.

Haven't got around to playing JC3 yet but with JC2 I played the demo a long time ago and did not like it because I was bad at all the parachute/grappling hook controls. It wasn't until it was free on PS+ that I actually spent the time to get used to all the mobility the game offers you, from there I was utterly hooked though. Point being I can totally understand not getting into the game because of the controls, it takes some getting used to.

Also like Frisky said the story isn't really why you are there. It's all about just having a sandbox full of gliding and murder. For me in JC2 that usually meant trying to find the weirdest moving object I could grapple-attach an enemy to and watch the chaos unfold.

Ps plus has been good the last couple months for me. Just cause 3 and metal gear 5 were both games I sold awhile ago and planned to finish at some point. Infamous second son I sold after getting the plat, but I like having games like that on my account I'm case I ever feel like going back to them.

Finished up the importing tables process for Pinball FX3, which pulled up Paranormal and four more Marvel tables. Unfortunately, none of them are playable yet despite having all of the downloads completed and quitting/reloading the game several times over the last few hours.

Im so happy that they are offering such great AAA games for PS Plus this month, yet so sad that I already own both and have yet to play either...

giphy.gif

Im so happy that they are offering such great AAA games for PS Plus this month, yet so sad that I already own both and have yet to play either...

giphy.gif
This is the reason I never really cared for AAA games on the service.. I would gladly take a $20 downloadable that rarely drops in price to a AAA game that I either already played through or can be had for $5 - $10 in various sales. Oh well at least this will shut the masses who do care about them up.

Why not just make the games with selectable graphics? Like PC games. You have a monster PC, you can max out the graphics or if you have a lower end pc, you turn it down to run the game.

So they build the game with Max detail. Depending in your model, that's the detail you get. Very easy to turn down draw distance, lighting etc, all which burn up graphics power.

Obviously, this only applies to single player. Multi player would need to lock at certain standards or risk dividing the user base.

Don't really think it would be an issue if done correctly.

Finished up the importing tables process for Pinball FX3, which pulled up Paranormal and four more Marvel tables. Unfortunately, none of them are playable yet despite having all of the downloads completed and quitting/reloading the game several times over the last few hours.
Okay, now they're working as intended after waiting about 10 hours or so. My idea to favorite all of my owned tables (52) to have them all in one spot backfired since the four tables on the far left are off-screen and I can barely see the edge of the cursor highlighting them.

DKztefOX0AExs6G.jpg

Why not just make the games with selectable graphics? Like PC games. You have a monster PC, you can max out the graphics or if you have a lower end pc, you turn it down to run the game.

So they build the game with Max detail. Depending in your model, that's the detail you get. Very easy to turn down draw distance, lighting etc, all which burn up graphics power.

Obviously, this only applies to single player. Multi player would need to lock at certain standards or risk dividing the user base.

So much this. Going forward, I hope Sony and MS offer a base model and a pro model at launch so they can meet the mass market pricing needs as well as the option for those of us that would prefer paying more for a high end console.

I hate that I had to buy a "pro" model after the fact.

Also, I have a ps4 pro and a gaming pc (gtx1070) and the difference between the two is still significant b/c the ps4 pro did not get a cpu upgrade.

For example, Destiny 2 is 1080p30fps on my ps4 pro with medium settings compared to my alpha r2 D2 beta was 4k60fps with high settings. Doom on ps4 pro 1080p60fps medium vs Doom alpha r2 1440p60fps or 4k45-60fps ultra settings.

I game with a controller on my couch for the most part so my alpha r2 might as well be considered a htpc

I wish Sony, MS and even Nintendo would introduce a new console every 5 years and just go all out while supporting the previous console with releases for another couple years. I am not a fan of this "upgrade" business since it takes all the fun out of a console launch for me at least. There's nothing I NEED to have an X or Pro to play. My MS fanboy friend has been trying to get me to get on board with the X but I told him it's not needed since I have a Pro, an Xbone (even though the disc drive is broken), a Switch and a still somewhat capable PC.

So much this. Going forward, I hope Sony and MS offer a base model and a pro model at launch so they can meet the mass market pricing needs as well as the option for those of us that would prefer paying more for a high end console.

Also, I have a ps4 pro and a gaming pc (gtx1070) and the difference between the two is still significant b/c the ps4 pro did not get a cpu upgrade.

For example, Destiny 2 is 1080p30fps on my ps4 pro with medium settings compared to my alpha r2 D2 beta was 4k60fps with high settings. Doom on ps4 pro 1080p60fps medium vs Doom alpha r2 1440p60fps or 4k45-60fps ultra settings.

I game with a controller on my couch for the most part so my alpha r2 might as well be considered a htpc
We're not going to see consoles get a standard and pro model released at the same time because that would hurt sales short term and long term. They likely want to follow Apple's model of doing a 5, 5S, 6, 6S, etc. and staggering each as a half step upgrade so they can continue a sales pipeline for those who want to continually have the newest thing. Also those who want to skip an upgrade can do so while still staying in the eco-system (while still feeling the pressure of eventually wanting and needing to upgrade at some point).

We're not going to see consoles get a standard and pro model released at the same time because that would hurt sales short term and long term. They likely want to follow Apple's model of doing a 5, 5S, 6, 6S, etc. and staggering each as a half step upgrade so they can continue a sales pipeline for those who want to continually have the newest thing. Also those who want to skip an upgrade can do so while still staying in the eco-system (while still feeling the pressure of eventually wanting and needing to upgrade at some point).
Plus, the whole point of the PS4 Pro having upgraded specs is due to that stuff having dropped enough in price to allow it to be a reasonable $400. You're not going to get that at the same time as a $300 unit at the launch of a new generation, as there probably wouldn't be a significant difference between the two at that cost and you'd risk confusing the general audience.

I felt like had they released the pro at beginning, we may have seen a launch price closer to what the PS3 cost us back then. The PS3 was a substainsable investment for the early adoptors. So I get the marketing. I also think that dewlopers may not have been ready for the PS4, prramming wise, which is why we are now seeing the PS4 catch its stride. Developers have zeroed in on programming the PS4 and now that a) hardware cost have decreased and b) the original PS4 was a cash cow, the Pro can do what was always intended and not be that sticker shcok of say a $499 X1X.

I gave up on the PC scene mid way through the PS3 life cycle. I couldn't deal with the yearly upgrades in the components to play the game as it was meant to be played. Can't ever see me going back unless gaming as I know it chganges.

Have $40 in PSN credit. Wanted to get something that easy to pick up and play. I was debating between Everybody's Golf or Overwatch. I know Overwatch is only on sale for 38.99 until tomorrow. Any recommendations CAG?

Have $40 in PSN credit. Wanted to get something that easy to pick up and play. I was debating between Everybody's Golf or Overwatch. I know Overwatch is only on sale for 38.99 until tomorrow. Any recommendations CAG?
Well, those games couldn't be more different... for me it would be Everybody's Golf hands down because I've always loved the series and I suck at multi-player shooters. But Overwatch is done really well and good for a pick up and play fix if you like the genre.

Really depends on what you want to play. Both are very much pick up and playable games. Overwatch has a much bigger following. I can see both games being much cheaper come around Black Friday though so if you wanted to wait you could probably snag both for around 40. If you absolutely want to get one today though I would suggest Overwatch. It's great to pick up and play and you don't even have to be super good at shooters to have tons of success so that would be my recommendation.

Steamworld Dig 2. The first one was a great game, and I hear the sequel is even better.

Some devs are already doing this. Final Fantasy XV and Rise of the Tomb Raider went this route. Last of Us has that 60 FPS mode too. Xbone sounds like it's kind of automatically doing it with the 4k textures only being downloaded on an X itself, but the system has to be implemented so it's up to the third-party publishers to decided if they want to use it.

Really I think it comes down to how much effort a studio actually cares to put in, and it's probably more likely if a PC version is available or planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back