PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So for someone who is slacking and just recently got into the Fallout games, the GOTY edition would probably be best for 4, I assume?

I just recently played through 3 and New Vegas, but I didn't play any DLC but I felt like I was missing out because I had a friend telling me how great some of it was.

I know i can get the base game relatively cheap, but I feel like the GOTY is the better bargain overall. I don't want to spend full retail on it though. Do we suspect it may get a big price drop for the holidays? Assuming I want to wait that long anyway...
Definitely, and i highly recommend getting the DLC for the ither two pronto.

Bought my first ps4 digital game and drum roll please....Last of Us Remastered.Now I can start on building a backlog and speaking of has anyone played and enjoyed Arcania 4 for ps4?Is the Plat easy?

Enjoying Pinball FX3 so far after finishing the many downloads for the imported tables. They've added a lot more to the stuff around the table itself to chart your mastery and dedication to each table. There are special upgrades you can earn and equip to give you score bonuses or special abilities that can level up the more you do those specific actions. They also offer special challenges for best score with one ball, best score within five minutes, and a survival challenge for more ways to test yourself on each table. To wrap that all up, there's a Table Mastery meter to chart your progress across those various modes. The other modes includes ranked multiplayer and tournaments that Zen Studios and other players can set-up for the public or friends to partake in. So many leaderboards in this game.

The one issue I see is that Paranormal being free in ZP2 leads to a weird situation where it's not free in PFX3 and is only available in a $10 bundle, where I already own one of the three tables it is bundled with. I kind of wish it continued to be free as a good starter table for those that are somehow just now showing up to the pinball party.

Just want to say that Hob is absolutely fantastic. Kind of Zelda-ish action adventure with a really intriguing world to explore, puzzles and combat. Only negative so far is some frame rate issues at times. Hopefully a patch will come to fix those, but probably my favorite indie game this year.

For those that have stuck with the game so far, Sketchcross' long-awaited content update is finally out with a bunch of new puzzles and some small bug fixes.

Just want to say that Hob is absolutely fantastic. Kind of Zelda-ish laction adventure with a really intriguing world to explore, puzzles and combat. Only negative so far is some frame rate issues at times. Hopefully a patch will come to fix those, but probably my favorite indie game this year.
Yeah, the frame rate takes a pretty big hit at certain points. They've patched it twice and it seems a bit better after the second one. I also find the combat a bit clunky but that might be more me coming off Ys VIII's combat than than a fault of Hob.

Bought my first ps4 digital game and drum roll please....Last of Us Remastered.Now I can start on building a backlog and speaking of has anyone played and enjoyed Arcania 4 for ps4?Is the Plat easy?
I'm a Gothic fan from way back. Arcania is unadulterated garbage... especially if you have any regard for the series.

That being said, if you hurry, you can get it and some other things for one dollar on humblebundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle-encore

Played a few hours of the Fortnite Battle Royale and it's fun, figured I'd always like a battle royale game if I played one and that turned out to be the case. Not sure how much I will actually play it though. Don't care that much about all the crafting stuff and tbh I kinda hate the art style (typically love whimsical cartoon art but something about this I don't like.) It does make me excited for PUBG if it ever comes to PS4 or one of the random 400 clones I assume will come out over the next year.

Got sucked into Hob for hours and stayed up way too late. Despite the FPS issues, I cannot recommend the game enough.

Wondering if lawbreakers would be titanfall type fun... or if I'd just get my ass whooped
IMO: Lawbreakers is a BETTER experience than Titanfall. No worries about that. Only problem is the limited community on Lawbreakers. Hopefully after the free weekend it'll grow a bit.

Wondering if lawbreakers would be titanfall type fun... or if I'd just get my ass whooped
The movement in lawbreakers is a lot of fun in its own. You'll probably get squashed when you first start playing, but it's worth sticking with. There's a mode where you can practice against ai robots (they don't move, just shoot you) to figure out the different characters before you jump online. I would suggest playing a bit and then looking up some videos of other people playing those characters. You'll likely see them do things you maybe hadn't thought of, but it's hard to see that until you actually play the game.

I've never had a problem finding a match on PS4 since launch. I know the online numbers are better than on PC. Also, the devs are constantly working on the game and updating it. I highly recommend it and I'm not even an arena shooter fan.

The movement in lawbreakers is a lot of fun in its own. You'll probably get squashed when you first start playing, but it's worth sticking with. There's a mode where you can practice against ai robots (they don't move, just shoot you) to figure out the different characters before you jump online. I would suggest playing a bit and then looking up some videos of other people playing those characters. You'll likely see them do things you maybe hadn't thought of, but it's hard to see that until you actually play the game.

I've never had a problem finding a match on PS4 since launch. I know the online numbers are better than on PC. Also, the devs are constantly working on the game and updating it. I highly recommend it and I'm not even an arena shooter fan.
Do you know why they made quick play only Team Deathmatch? I'd like to play a mixture of game types but it takes 5+ minutes to find a game when I go to the objective playlist.

That's one of my fears with the One X. Yeah, it's way more powerful than what's out there already, but what if the game has garbage optimization and it doesn't matter?

That's one of my fears with the One X. Yeah, it's way more powerful than what's out there already, but what if the game has garbage optimization and it doesn't matter?
I think this is less of an issue. Comparatively PS4 has basically done a Crossfire/SLI dual GPU to that in PC which has horrible optimization and support. Xbox is upgrading the GPU which at least in PC gaming doesn't have problems. While these comparisons to PC gaming don't translate exactly, I'm guessing the results will be similar.

From what I understand even the PC version of Hob has issues. I do think this is an optimization problem on the developer’s part.

Wonder if US will be the same.
It is:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/913063817315098624

It's a disappointing list for me because I own or finished the interesting stuff in the list, but MGS V is a good one in terms of value (100+ hours to get everything).

Well, have three of four of those. Hue is the only PS4/Vita game I don’t own. Oh well, MGS V is a nice add for those that don’t have it.

Dont have anything on that list. Happy to see no horror games added for the month. For those that have played MGS V, do you need to have any backstory in the series to enjoy the game more? I know it helps but ive never touched the MGS series before.

Dont have anything on that list. Happy to see no horror games added for the month. For those that have played MGS V, do you need to have any backstory in the series to enjoy the game more? I know it helps but ive never touched the MGS series before.
Amnesia Collection consists of 3 horror games. :whistle2:k

As for MGS V, you don't need prior MGS exposure, but you get the most out of it if you at least played Peace Walker and/or Ground Zeroes.

Amnesia Collection consists of 3 horror games. :whistle2:k
Lol I thought I was missing something in his post since Amnesia is like the progenitor of so many modern horror games.

On the topic of MGS5 I have a friend who really only PC games (so he had never played any of the previous games) and he absolutely loved the game, story and gameplay. Put almost 200 hours into it. I assume it's probably fine as a standalone thing.

Anyhow, seems like a solid month overall minus PS3 games (been a while since we got something good there). Not sure I will actually play any of these games in the near future though.

Kind of disappointed about MGSV since it was on a good sale recently and bought it.  I thought they weren't going to do that.  Although, I'm not sure what "recently" really means...

I bought MGSV for $10 on one of the recent sales and haven’t even gotten to it. Dang it.....back log hero, he got games in his eyes...😭😭😭

God damn it, now my -immediate- PS+ backlog consists of MGS V, Infamous SS and JC3.
MGS V is head and shoulders above the other two.

To those who played them, should I be excited about any of the Amnesia games and should I put any of those ahead of Soma in my Halloween October playlist?

MGS V is head and shoulders above the other two.

To those who played them, should I be excited about any of the Amnesia games and should I put any of those ahead of Soma in my Halloween October playlist?
SOMA wasn't really scary, in my opinion. Dark Descent is the best by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back