PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46308

A special event begins in Destiny 2 starting on 9/26 featuring the three factions from the first game (Future War Cult, New Monarchy, and Dead Orbit) that is all about gathering resources for your chosen faction with the winner getting the ability to buy a special faction weapon for 1k glimmer while the others have to pay 50k. They're offering tons of loot to earn from your chosen faction, which is shown the article.
This is great news. I was worried that they'd be like the other faction rewards and be pointless after you get over 270 power.

I have secretly been hoping this week's sale was so minimal because of a flash sale this weekend... but I forgot we had Labor day... so while still possible, my hope has been dashed slightly.  

I have secretly been hoping this week's sale was so minimal because of a flash sale this weekend... but I forgot we had Labor day... so while still possible, my hope has been dashed slightly.
yeah I forgot there even was one that recently

I think that shows the quality of it at least in our cases lol

I've been holding out on NitroPlus.  Giant Bomb made it sound pretty solid.  < $10 sounds good to me.  Haven't bought anything from a flash sale in a long time. 

Kiwami 2 is really good if anyone is on the fence.  I thought the first was solid, but nothing remarkable.  2 is probably my second favorite hunter style game.  The characters are surprisingly well written and interesting compared to the complete lack of characterization in Monster Hunter and the very cliche characters of God Eater. 

Armello for $5.99, Chronicles of Teddy for $4.49 and Seasons After Fall for $7.99 are tempting for me so far.

Actually some decent stuff and prices in there.

Seriously? I own both systems and I actually have been buying all of my multi-platform games on X1 because my S is almost completely silent while my original PS4 sounds like a freight train on almost anything other than a less graphically intensive indie game. (Also have more friends on XBL)

The usually minor — if any — graphical differences just aren’t worth it for me. Kind of funny because in the previous gen it was the other way around. My 360 was way louder than the PS3.

That said I still love my PS4 because it absolutely has had better exclusives than X1. Just isn’t much of a comparison TBH.
Wow, never heard of a multi console owner picking one over the other because of the acoustics of the console itself. Maybe digital foundry has been doing it all wrong all these years and should be comparing the systems decibels.

In all seriousness, do you not play your games with any sound on or crap tv speakers? I mean any budget home theater system or headphones would drown out any noise made by these consoles.. even if I mute the sounds and listen to a podcast I rarely hear the sound from these machines.

TGS sale? i see stuff is showing up.
It's this month's flash sale maybe with a TGS theme.

Kiwami 2 is really good if anyone is on the fence. I thought the first was solid, but nothing remarkable. 2 is probably my second favorite hunter style game. The characters are surprisingly well written and interesting compared to the complete lack of characterization in Monster Hunter and the very cliche characters of God Eater.
Are you seeing that on sale? Only see the first game on sale.

Question : I traded in my disc of #DRIVECLUB for the Best Buy promotion for $6.60 and a $10 Forza 7 coupon.  I see that a digital copy of Driveclub (vanilla edition) is $7.49 for PS Plus members.  Is this always the price or is it an active sale price for this week?

Thanks.

Question : I traded in my disc of #DRIVECLUB for the Best Buy promotion for $6.60 and a $10 Forza 7 coupon. I see that a digital copy of Driveclub (vanilla edition) is $7.49 for PS Plus members. Is this always the price or is it an active sale price for this week?
Thanks.
Think that’s always the price. The reason is they pulled the PS+ version of the game (which was more or less an extended demo) so they gave a special discount on the full version in its place.

I see both on sale on the actual web page but only the first on PS4 itself. Maybe the PS4 is still updating.

Sadly as much as I'd like to grab Toukiden because I liked the demo quite a bit this is still a tad to expensive for my cheap ass. Def gonna pick up some other stuff though, pretty nice sale for me.

Woops. I saw the price and assumed it was the second one! Sheesh. I paid $20 for Kiwami 2 at a local retail store months ago. Wouldn't recommend the first one at that flash sale price then. Sorry for the false alarm.

Side Note:

I added Dead by Daylight to my cart PRIOR to 8AM PST, and when I went to checkout, the sale was already over.  The fuck is up with that? Lol

Question : I traded in my disc of #DRIVECLUB for the Best Buy promotion for $6.60 and a $10 Forza 7 coupon. I see that a digital copy of Driveclub (vanilla edition) is $7.49 for PS Plus members. Is this always the price or is it an active sale price for this week?

Thanks.
Seems Driveclub is ALWAYS on sale lol

Woops. I saw the price and assumed it was the second one! Sheesh. I paid $20 for Kiwami 2 at a local retail store months ago. Wouldn't recommend the first one at that flash sale price then. Sorry for the false alarm.
Oh I think I might have done the same thing, saw 2 listings and assumed they were 1 and 2 but I think one was just vita and the other PS4. But yeah oh well.

Couldn't agree more.. this flash sale looks like a weekly sale.. a bad weekly sale, prices and selection are a joke.
Selection is pretty good for my taste but the prices are real hit and miss. Def gonna buy a few things though.

Wow, never heard of a multi console owner picking one over the other because of the acoustics of the console itself. Maybe digital foundry has been doing it all wrong all these years and should be comparing the systems decibels.

In all seriousness, do you not play your games with any sound on or crap tv speakers? I mean any budget home theater system or headphones would drown out any noise made by these consoles.. even if I mute the sounds and listen to a podcast I rarely hear the sound from these machines.
Let me give some perspective. I’m deaf in one ear, don’t like wearing headphones and do most of my gaming later at night in a room that is right below my don’s room so using my stereo at that time is not an option .

So, yeah, the loudness of a system most certainly makes a difference for me.

Any hot takes on jo jo's ?
How invested are you in the anime? I loved and played the first 2D JoJo fighter to death. I even enjoyed the release on the PS3 for what it was. I couldn't get into this PS4 release. It was too much like the 3D Naruto fighters. There just isn't a lot of substance to the actual fighting. There is plenty of fan service in the campaign, but it didn't do much for me and I gave up on it without getting all the way through.

Let me give some perspective. I’m deaf in one ear, don’t like wearing headphones and do most of my gaming later at night in a room that is right below my don’s room so using my stereo at that time is not an option .

So, yeah, the loudness of a system most certainly makes a difference for me.
Fair enough, but your situation is very unique and you seem to be aware of that.. so not sure why you would post to a message board trying to influence others that they should be taking such a minute difference into consideration when making buying decisions. Especially when your argument favors the closest competitor to the one the thread is based upon.

Fair enough, but your situation is very unique and you seem to be aware of that.. so not sure why you would post to a message board trying to influence others that they should be taking such a minute difference into consideration when making buying decisions. Especially when your argument favors the closest competitor to the one the thread is based upon.
I don’t think I ever was trying to influence anyone else’s decision. And did you not see where I said I like both systems equally due to the fact that PS4 has much better exclusives?

Why am I even bothering to respond? Everything is just opinion. You don’t like my opinion. That’s fine. Whatever.

tempted by disney afternoon collection, but it seems to be on sale and dropping in price each month
Personally, I've been jonesing to play the OG Ducktails for like a decade, so I'm jumping on it now. Plus, I really loved the rest of the collection back in my NES days. Maybe it goes down to $4.99 in the future, but I'm okay spending a couple extra bucks now.

tempted by disney afternoon collection, but it seems to be on sale and dropping in price each month
A good comparison to look at for the pricing trend is probably the earlier released Mega Man Legacy collection compilation that was also released by Capcom. First it was 33% off, then a 50% off coupon via the capcom humble bundle, and then the lowest it has been since 3 separate times is 60% off. So it may go lower in the far future, but probably won't anytime soon.

There's a pretty good price on Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 for anyone interested. $20 for the standalone. $10 for the upgrade from Xrd Rev 1. Well worth it.

Transformers: WOC  is approaching a reasonable price. These Flash sales always remind me how much I wish Persona Arena was ported to PS4 as well.

Since the latest system software patch has anyone had issues with being locked out of content upon turning on the console? My suspended game is locked as well as others and it says I must buy the license. A full system restart seems to ready everything again but it’s an annoyance.

There's a pretty good price on Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 for anyone interested. $20 for the standalone. $10 for the upgrade from Xrd Rev 1. Well worth it.
One thing to take note of: Only get the upgrade if you already have the two DLC characters purchased (Kum and Dizzy?) from Rev 1. They're included in the full, standalone Rev 2 but otherwise will cost you $8 each if you choose to upgrade.

One thing to take note of: Only get the upgrade if you already have the two DLC characters purchased (Kum and Dizzy?) from Rev 1. They're included in the full, standalone Rev 2 but otherwise will cost you $8 each if you choose to upgrade.
Good catch. I didn't know that. I've had the characters since launch. So definitely grab that full package unless you really don't care about the DLC characters, even if you have Rev 1.

I don’t think I ever was trying to influence anyone else’s decision. And did you not see where I said I like both systems equally due to the fact that PS4 has much better exclusives?

Why am I even bothering to respond? Everything is just opinion. You don’t like my opinion. That’s fine. Whatever.
You're deaf in one ear...but your PS4 sounds like a freight train? I don't understand.

He has 2 ears and is only deaf in one, easy to understand. Do you want him to talk slower?
LOL. Thanks.

Yes, having one ear to hear out of makes anything more amplified in terms of distractions. For instance, I cannot stand to be in a crowded restaurant. Makes it difficult to hear even the people next to me very well.

Anyway, no biggie. I am fortunate that I can at least hear.

Since the latest system software patch has anyone had issues with being locked out of content upon turning on the console? My suspended game is locked as well as others and it says I must buy the license. A full system restart seems to ready everything again but it’s an annoyance.
yes, I was playing boosting Friday the 13th and it randomly closed the game and said it was locked

Some new deals:

PSVR Korix - $12.99 - 35% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel - $8.99 - 70% Off - Ends 9/25

:ps4: Overwatch Game of the Year Edition - $47.99 - 20% Off - $38.99 - 35% Off - Ends 9/29

:vita: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 9/25

Freebies:

:ps4: Overwatch Free Weekend - Free - Ends 9/25 @ 11:59 PM PT

:ps4: Raiders of the Broken Planet Prologue - Free

:ps4: Tekken 7 - Artist Collaboration Character Panel Set - Free

:ps4: Van Helsing Theme - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Caveman Warriors - $14.99

:ps4: Caveman Warriors Bundle - $14.99

:ps4: LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game - $59.99

:ps4: Project Cars 2 - $59.99

:ps4: Rise of the Broken Planet Founders Pack - $39.99

:vita: Vostok Inc - $14.99

You're right, you definitely don't want to make too much noise in that scenario, you might end up with a horse head in your bed. :razz:

The new update for Danger Zone is pretty big:

• PS4 Pro support with 4K checkerboard rendering and 1080p super sampling options.
  • 5 new cars, revised progression with them in mind.
  • Graphical overhaul with the addition of outdoor levels and different times of day.
  • Overhauled explosion system, traffic behaviors, and effect systems.
  • Various performance enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back