PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So... I kind of really want to play FFXV.

Is there any advantage to waiting at this point? Like, should I wait for some sort of GOTY edition? Or am I fine with vanilla? I feel like I remember reading the DLC was great/important? Or something?

oh, cool. i just figured it shared that general theme due to torchlight [arpg lewt based combat]
Waiting means for GOTY if it happens will give mean you have the Ignis DLC and multiplayer mode DLC ready to go when you start it up. It probably will come since PC is getting a complete version. But those character DLC are played separately, not worked directly into your main playthrough, so it's not as big a deal. I think the base game has gotten all the big improvements it's going to (like the reworking of chapter 13) So it's probably worth jumping in now. The multiplayer is fun but not essential unless you really love the combat.

I don't know about PSN but the Digital Deluxe Edition that has the season pass included has been about $35-40 on Xbox, I'd at least wait for that sale again.

Man, I've been whining about wanting FFIX on PS4 for a long time now. I haven't played it in so long. Even at that price it's tempting, but I kinda wanna wait and see if we have a flash sale this week and what that could potentially bring.

Final Fantasy IX is releasing today on PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGkTfAYLIc

It's on sale for $16.79 for the first week and $20.99 after that.

Square Enix announced Left Alive, which is lead by Toshifumi Nabeshima (director of the Armored Core series), Metal Gear art director Yoji Shinkawa, and Takayuki Yanase (Xenoblade Chronicles X mech designer) for release next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD-e4QCZglg

Monster Hunter World will be out on 1/26/18 with a $69.99 Digital Deluxe Edition and a $149.99 physical Collector's Edition.

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/910059050263511040
I am sooo pumped for MHW! January is a lot earlier than I thought it would be released. Pre-order incoming!!

Stern Pinball Arcade added the Ghostbusters table today for owners of the retail disc or 'bundle pack 2'. It's not available for individual purchase yet, but it's free as of today's patch if you already have the full game. Stealth release.

The patch also adds links to buy the Limited Edition versions of some tables, but they're not available for purchase yet either. The LE tables are just cosmetic differences... optional DLC to milk diehard pinball fans.

Oh heck yeah. We already knew it was gonna be Q1 18 but I was not expecting January. I am so freaking hyped! The collector's edition looks cool but I want the game digitally for various reasons so I guess I am just gonna go for the digital deluxe edition.
Same for me. I may be swayed if the special edition ps4 pro releases in the US though.

January 2018 is going to be a money sink for people that like Japanese games:

Ni no Kuni II - 1/19

Lost Sphear - 1/23

Monster Hunter World - 1/26

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - 1/30

The Secret of Mana remake is 2/15 and Yakuza 6 is 3/20 to keep that Japanese train rolling for the first few months.

Ni no Kuni II - 1/19

Lost Sphear - 1/23

The Secret of Mana remake is 2/15 and Yakuza 6 is 3/20 to keep that Japanese train rolling for the first few months.
This year has been brutal and looking like next could be the same, I've never been one to get every single game day one but have been having to pick and choose what to support/play more than usual way more than the last few years.

This year has been brutal and looking like next could be the same, I've never been one to get every single game day one but have been having to pick and choose what to support/play more than usual way more than the last few years.
Absolutely. Japan has been killing it for the past year or so on PS4, it's been really amazing since Japanese action games/RPGs are pretty much my favorite styles of games, but, there is really no hope of me keeping up. I still don't even own stuff like Nioh, Nier, and Berseria and those came out at the start of the year. Persona 5 and Square putting almost every Kingdom Hearts game on PS4 in the span of 2 months just consumed the first half of the year for me.

And yeah I legit want everything on that list, though, realistically MH World is the only one I will buy at launch. Ni No Kuni will be way later as I need to play the first game (it's in the backlog), Lost Sphear looks right up my alley but not paying $50 for it, I enjoyed the Dissidia beta a lot but I need to see if there will be any single player stuff (really liked the single player in 012), Secret of Mana I'm not sure about yet, and Yakuza 6 is way down the line since I just got into the series with Kiwami.

It's a pretty awesome time to be gaming.

Absolutely. Japan has been killing it for the past year or so on PS4, it's been really amazing since Japanese action games/RPGs are pretty much my favorite styles of games, but, there is really no hope of me keeping up. I still don't even own stuff like Nioh, Nier, and Berseria and those came out at the start of the year. Persona 5 and Square putting almost every Kingdom Hearts game on PS4 in the span of 2 months just consumed the first half of the year for me.

And yeah I legit want everything on that list, though, realistically MH World is the only one I will buy at launch. Ni No Kuni will be way later as I need to play the first game (it's in the backlog), Lost Sphear looks right up my alley but not paying $50 for it, I enjoyed the Dissidia beta a lot but I need to see if there will be any single player stuff (really liked the single player in 012), Secret of Mana I'm not sure about yet, and Yakuza 6 is way down the line since I just got into the series with Kiwami.

It's a pretty awesome time to be gaming.
I have PS4, Switch, and Vita. So yeah, my wallet is screwed. lol

It's the most I've been excited for a game in a good long while. Mostly because it's hitting a nice sweet spot for me. I am a very recent fan of MH thanks to buying 3U on a whim back in July (tried to get into this kind of game earlier but it didn't stick for various reasons) and I think that's one of the best games I've ever played so the fact we have this modern, console, great looking MH game coming so soon just gets me fired up as a new fan.
Yeah, the only game I think I'm more excited about is Dragon Quest XI. I played MH3 on the Wii back when it first came out and liked it quite a bit. I also got MH4U on the 3DS but while I liked the game itself, I didn't play it very long due to the awkward controls.

Ni no Kuni II - 1/19

Lost Sphear - 1/23

Ni No Kuni and Monster Hunter a week apart...yikes. I know I won't be able to finish Ni No Kuni before Monster Hunter but that won't stop me from buying both at launch.

Ni no Kuni II - 1/19
Lost Sphear - 1/23

My wallet just sobbed in my back pocket....sigh. MHW and Ni No Kuni are definites, Dissidia a strong contender.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-battle-royale-goes-free

Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is supposedly going completely free for everyone to play as a free download on PSN on 9/26. I'm not sure if that's a separate, standalone download or free DLC for that free client that otherwise required a Founder's Pack purchase to actually play the regular game.
Cool, was vaguely interested in this with all the positive buzz I've been hearing. Actually kinda think fortnite looks interesting in general but I will happily wait until the whole thing goes f2p next year or whatever.

ff9 is ok combats really slow and characters constantly leave the party and come back underleveled (freya especially).  It has alot of missables so you may want a guide.

Thinking of picking up Return to Arkham.  How is the performance compared to the PS3 versions after Patch 1.02?  Is the lighting still f-d up?  I remember the remasters being more bright and cartoon looking compared to the originals. 

Thinking of picking up Return to Arkham. How is the performance compared to the PS3 versions after Patch 1.02? Is the lighting still f-d up? I remember the remasters being more bright and cartoon looking compared to the originals.
I haven't played it myself yet, but I recall reading an Amazon customer review that said reducing the brightness to mid-level or 1/3 (can't remember which) makes the games look much better.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Paladins - Realm Pack - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/4

:ps4: Skyforge - Alchemist Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Archer Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Gunner Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Necromancer Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Outlaw Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

:ps4: Skyforge - Warlock/Witch Quickplay Pack - $11.04 - 15% Off - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

I’m tempted to play FF9 since I never played it but I remember I bought it for PS3 and never even started it. I could also just emulate it. I would’ve been in at 12.99 but I dunno about $17
would watch some vids of gameplay then decided, i enjoyed it back in the day never really play it again since. it had some good story parts that i enjoyed, make sure you save often it does not hold your hand, if you die you can lose hours if you grind an forget to save unless the ps4 version change that.

would watch some vids of gameplay then decided, i enjoyed it back in the day never really play it again since. it had some good story parts that i enjoyed, make sure you save often it does not hold your hand, if you die you can lose hours if you grind an forget to save unless the ps4 version change that.
PS4 version has auto-save. I lost 3 hours of progress on the PS1 version due to forgetting to save lol. The game is definitely a love letter to earlier final fantasy games, for better and worse. I enjoyed it and will probably pick this version up eventually. Backlog says wait for a better sale price.

Is my Destiny 2 ps4 pro supposed to be "whisper quiet" when I game? Because it's not as I can hear the fans kick in when playing HZD on my 1080p with boost mode enabled.I wanna say it's not no "ready to take off" loud but it's definitely louder than my xbox1s.Should I exchange it or is this normal?

Edit:after playing 3 hrs of HZD today it sounded like this https://youtu.be/hsaeMLnaNXo

Is my Destiny 2 ps4 pro supposed to be "whisper quiet" when I game? Because it's not as I can hear the fans kick in when playing HZD on my 1080p with boost mode enabled.I wanna say it's not no "ready to take off" loud but it's definitely louder than my xbox1s.Should I exchange it or is this normal?

Edit:after playing 3 hrs of HZD today it sounded like this https://youtu.be/hsaeMLnaNXo
My PS4 Pro can get pretty loud also. Pretty sure they all do that. I remember it getting very loud while playing HZD as well.

I thought the Destiny 2 PS4 Pros were white?

That's normal. It's the cooling system working as intended.

PSN store is down right now on Thurs morning @ 3am ... crossing fingers they're testing a major site update (like flash sale?) ... or it could just be a website crash.  Who knows? :D/

My PS4 Pro can get pretty loud also. Pretty sure they all do that. I remember it getting very loud while playing HZD as well.

I thought the Destiny 2 PS4 Pros were white?
It is white but I just grabbed that video from YouTube for reference to show how it sounds.
Maybe I'm overreacting but if enough people say that's the norm then it probably is.I was expecting it to be silent like my Xbox 1s.

You should be fine but just for reference boost mode would have nothing to do with that game or any game for that matter that released after the PS4 Pro came out. It’s only for games released prior to that which didn’t take advantage of the Pro’s new features. I believe prior to October 2016 if memory serves correctly

Square Enix announced that Nier Automata has reached 2 million units shipped:

SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the worldwide shipments and digital sales of the critically acclaimed NieR:Automata™ have surpassed two million units.

In addition, the NieR:Automata / NIER®: Gestalt & Replicant original soundtrack vinyl box set will be available to pre-order exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store. The box set will be available in December, and will feature four vinyl LPs with a variety of tracks selected by series composer Keiichi Okabe as well as exclusive illustrations from Tokyo Ghoul illustrator Sui Ishida.

Finally, fans can relive the haunting music with the NieR Music Concert & Talk Live video Blu-ray and theNieR Music Concert: The Memories of Puppets Blu-ray, available for pre-order from the Square Enix Online Store.

Both critics and fans agree that NieR:Automata has a deep, captivating storyline along with a fantastic blend of action-packed gameplay. Developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc. and directed by YOKO TARO, NieR:Automata is available on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and STEAM®.

Currently, the STEAM version is available at a 35% discount until September 25 and available at a 36% discount on the PlayStation®Store until September 27.

It is white but I just grabbed that video from YouTube for reference to show how it sounds.
Maybe I'm overreacting but if enough people say that's the norm then it probably is.I was expecting it to be silent like my Xbox 1s.
The Xbox 1’s don’t get loud because they just kind of lay there in missionary style not doing anything special. The ps4 gets loud because it’s doing work.

Microsoft designed the Xbox Ones like that due to fear of a repeat of the Xbox 360's costly RROD issues, so they put more into cooling and room for the component than it maybe needed as a result.

The Xbox 1’s don’t get loud because they just kind of lay there in missionary style not doing anything special. The ps4 gets loud because it’s doing work.
Seriously? I own both systems and I actually have been buying all of my multi-platform games on X1 because my S is almost completely silent while my original PS4 sounds like a freight train on almost anything other than a less graphically intensive indie game. (Also have more friends on XBL)

The usually minor — if any — graphical differences just aren’t worth it for me. Kind of funny because in the previous gen it was the other way around. My 360 was way louder than the PS3.

That said I still love my PS4 because it absolutely has had better exclusives than X1. Just isn’t much of a comparison TBH.

Seriously? I own both systems and I actually have been buying all of my multi-platform games on X1 because my S is almost completely silent while my original PS4 sounds like a freight train on almost anything other than a less graphically intensive indie game. (Also have more friends on XBL)

The usually minor — if any — graphical differences just aren’t worth it for me. Kind of funny because in the previous gen it was the other way around. My 360 was way louder than the PS3.

That said I still love my PS4 because it absolutely has had better exclusives than X1. Just isn’t much of a comparison TBH.
No not seriously but it let you share a piece of yourself. So it was worth it.

No not seriously but it let you share a piece of yourself. So it was worth it.
Sorry if I sounded antagonistic. Just in a pissy mood today. But generally speaking, I love my X1 and PS4 about equally just for completely different reasons — not just noise but XBL for multiplayer and Sony for killer exclusives.

Any recommendations for Batman: Arkham VR? It's not much of a deal price in my mind, but given I get most of my PS credit on sale I may be swayed to picking it up if it's good. Also, any feedback on whether it causes motion sickness? I tried Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and didn't last more than 15 minutes before I felt terrible.

Kill a monster each day from 9/22 to 9/24 to get a free Reaper's Harvest lootbox for the start of the next event in ESO:

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/910855217452904449

Sorry if I sounded antagonistic. Just in a pissy mood today. But generally speaking, I love my X1 and PS4 about equally just for completely different reasons — not just noise but XBL for multiplayer and Sony for killer exclusives.
You should go back and read his comment. I think the innuendo went over your head the first time lol

30% off psn card pcgamesupply

enjoy my friends
has anyone here bought from this site before? are they legit? it looks like it's for the $10 code only, so i'm about to buy 30 of them since they accept paypal.

edit: limit one lol

they have the paypal logo on their site but it doesn't show up as an option during checkout. seems shady.

has anyone here bought from this site before? are they legit? it looks like it's for the $10 code only, so i'm about to buy 30 of them since they accept paypal.
I think practically everyone in this thread has bought from them before. I've bought more than half a dozen times. And you can't buy 30, it's limit 1.

My PS4 Pro's fan kicks on when I play Horizon too. System gets pretty hot with that game.

Supposedly the Pro runs cooler than the OG PS4 did though.
Heard my Pro's fan for the first time yesterday playing Titanfall 2. Still more quiet than my launch PS4 though.

edit: limit one lol

they have the paypal logo on their site but it doesn't show up as an option during checkout. seems shady.

thanks. do promos like this happen often?
I've bought and posted the sales well over a year and never had issues

well worth the 3$ savings and the sales are random. Ihave done up to 3-4 in a week and sometimes weeks without any

never had an issue and afaik nobody else has made a case either

just one thing to keep in mind is that it's an international charge, that could matter if you pay fees but many don't

Couple of $7 for $10 codes later and Hob preordered with $4 to spare. Anxiously awaiting the Tuesday release.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46308

A special event begins in Destiny 2 starting on 9/26 featuring the three factions from the first game (Future War Cult, New Monarchy, and Dead Orbit) that is all about gathering resources for your chosen faction with the winner getting the ability to buy a special faction weapon for 1k glimmer while the others have to pay 50k. They're offering tons of loot to earn from your chosen faction, which is shown the article.

hoping for a flash sale today, in the mood to buy some games, feels like it's been forever since I've splurged 

hope you all have a great weekend 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back