PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you already bought Catlateral Damage? If you're getting it just for the VR, stay away, stay far, far away.
Oh yes I bought it and JUST for the VR. I'm playing it until I get my $3 worth and likely murdering everyone in my vicinity as I flail my arms about.

No one has any suggestions about Super Stardust Ultra VR?

I'm going to wait till discount applies. Says 20% off on their Facebook page. Also getting two stories is cool...easy support. It also comes with a PS4 theme I believe. 

That Fallen Legion deal is tempting. Any first looks or anything to help swing me either way? I don't see any info about it.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JaFP0wWSK4[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_W0FVtvCrc[/media]

Honestly it looks a bit repetitive and not sure how the skills and stuff are done, with maybe a simple story guiding it along. Supposedly got some good impressions. I'm guessing there is timing and the ticks are how many attacks you can do, kind of like a Valkyria Profile game.

I’m in on Fallen Legion once the 20% discount is live. For those that care, I tweeted the dev to see if the Vita version is PSTV compatible and it is. So that’s a nice bonus for me.

I have so many PSVR games now in my backlog because of this sale, it's not even funny. It's amazing the deals you can get on PSVR. I'm pretty excited to jump into that Surgery game for VR. Has anyone tried it? Is it any fun using the move controllers?

On a side note, I really want to get a PS4 Pro model. I think in the gamestop page people were buying used games for cheap and trading them in for crazy credit and getting Pro consoles and PSVR for practically nothing. I don't know what they were doing but dang, I really want a Pro. I also don't want to sell off my regular PS4 because I have that PT game loaded on it and I don't want to lose that game. I'm willing to walk away from a $200 trade to keep that game I guess.

I'm going to take one more good look tonight at any games I have missed for the sale. I picked up Morrowind DLC for a dece price. Going to have to get back into TSO online I guess....

That, or maybe someone garbled their code and chanced upon yours. It's all extremely unlikely, but even extremely unlikely things happen across hundreds of millions of people.

I wouldn't let this deter you too much. I often hold onto hundreds of dollars worth of codes [I buy bulk when there is a good discount] and have never had a problem. Heck, I had like 3 or 4 years of ps+ cards from the target pricing error. I have like 5 $20 and 2 $25 cards for PSN on my shelf right now [plus other sites]. I don't like redeeming early because I find I spend it easier if it's sitting in there, and I like to have that extra step of 'using up' a card to know I want to buy something. The risk is so low it doesn't really faze me.

I assume you typed your code in like 3 times to make sure you're not dyslexic, right? Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed off too if that happened to me. It would absolutely suck... I treat those cards like gold. Some people blow through space bucks like they're free, and I like to hoard them like they're better than cash for some reason.
Yes, I tried the code like 10 times. That's when I called Customer Service and read the code back to them and they confirmed that it was used a month prior. I asked them if they had any info of where it was redeemed or what account redeemed it. They said they don't see that information. They told me they can escalate it up to the research team but overall said the research team wouldn't do anything because I didn't have a receipt. I feel like I wasted too much time posting and calling about the issue for it to even be worth it. My times worth more than sitting on hold, etc. over 10 bucks that I got as a gift.

So my PS4 Pro is already constantly freezing and crashing when playing FFXIV despite multiple attempts at troubleshooting (deleting, reinstalling, toggling Boost mode, toggling the graphics mode), so I guess I'm exchanging it.

Hopefully the other one I got works better.

For some reason the PSN store won't let me check out. It asks for my credit card security code but when I put it in and hit continue it just refreshes the page. Anyone else having this issue?

To be clear,you hit "Upload Data to Server" in-game. Then when you want to play on the other system, you hit "Download Data from Server" in-game. Works like a charm and I wish every game that was multiplatform supported cross-save.
Oh, okay. I don't have the vita version anymore so I guess I wouldn't be able to access my save. darn.

For some reason the PSN store won't let me check out. It asks for my credit card security code but when I put it in and hit continue it just refreshes the page. Anyone else having this issue?
Seems the site is down altogether? I'm getting a site not available error.

I have so many PSVR games now in my backlog because of this sale, it's not even funny. It's amazing the deals you can get on PSVR. I'm pretty excited to jump into that Surgery game for VR. Has anyone tried it? Is it any fun using the move controllers?

On a side note, I really want to get a PS4 Pro model. I think in the gamestop page people were buying used games for cheap and trading them in for crazy credit and getting Pro consoles and PSVR for practically nothing. I don't know what they were doing but dang, I really want a Pro. I also don't want to sell off my regular PS4 because I have that PT game loaded on it and I don't want to lose that game. I'm willing to walk away from a $200 trade to keep that game I guess.

I'm going to take one more good look tonight at any games I have missed for the sale. I picked up Morrowind DLC for a dece price. Going to have to get back into TSO online I guess....
I played Surgeon Simulator when it first came out on PC, the controls were like QWOP, it was meant to be hard to control so it'd make your playthrough a little crazy.

So my PS4 Pro is already constantly freezing and crashing when playing FFXIV despite multiple attempts at troubleshooting (deleting, reinstalling, toggling Boost mode, toggling the graphics mode), so I guess I'm exchanging it.
Hopefully the other one I got works better.
Could just be God telling you to stick to Xbox :p

Anyone have experience with Super Stardust Ultra VR for the PS4? It looks like a very different game than the PS3 version.

Is it any good? Does the VR version let you play good old fashioned non-VR as well?

Do I need to buy SSD-U separately or does the PSVR version have both the regular game and the VR version?

I want to buy something (other than Catlateral Damage) for my VR and I guess I could play SSD again. I don't think I'd buy SSD again just for the upgraded PS4 graphics.

Thanks.
Super Stardust Ultra VR does let you play all of the modes, but still requires PSVR for them. You can basically play the normal Super Stardust Ultra stuff, but you're in control of the camera looking down on the planet you're playing on. The specific VR cockpit mode was not good for me since I got nauseous while playing it, but that's the sort of thing that is unique to every person. Video of that in action.

If you'd want to play it without requiring PSVR, you'd have to get the regular version of Ultra (just now found out that this is on sale) and the VR DLC that is $10 normally.

If you're looking for more, I posted impressions and some videos in the PSVR thread.

This week I bought

Forma.8

Typoman

Little Acre

Last week I bought

Baseball Riot

Submerged

ARCADE GAME SERIES: Ms. PAC-MAN

Decent two week sale.

It's over already. Bought nothing. Weak PS4 offering, nice PS3, but who wants to be caught with last-gen games today?
I disagree. There were a couple great deals:

Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition - $3.99
Mad Max - $7.99

I own both on disc and bought digital copies because I am lazy lol

I disagree. There were a couple great deals:

Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition - $3.99
Mad Max - $7.99

I own both on disc and bought digital copies because I am lazy lol
Yeah, except I was dumb enough to buy Mordor the week before for $6 more. This current sale, though, might be the worst I've ever seen, when the themes outnumber the games!

That can't be all of the deals this week, can it? 18 games/bundles and 70 themes/avatars. The last 2 weeks had okay deals. I say "okay" because I already own all of the good things that were on sale. I was hoping for something different/better this week for some reason.

I'm hoping they haven't finished updating yet because if that's the sale for the week, yikes. 

There's usually a themed sale of some sort or a publisher sale and I don't see anything like that so maybe later.

Rocket league is $10 and cars are on sale too

About the sunmer sales...there weren't even great sale prices besides shadow of mordor. I thought the event was just ok. sony thinks they had some ridiculous summer sale event so sony ain't even trying this week smh. Whatever...i don't really need anything right now i guess 💀

I want a yakuza 0 sale for $30 digital or physical though 🔥

I love waiting 2 weeks to buy Shadow of Mordor and then remembering to buy it today at 11:10. Lol. I missed it. I'm so mad at myself -_-

Still no 20% pre-order discount on Fallen Legion. Wonder if they decided to ditch it?
They are looking into it. If you go to Siliconera.com the creator is the founder of that website and he talks about it in an article he just posted about its release

I hope to see these 75% off soon:

Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Bundle
Bloodborne Complete
Gravity Rush Remastered
The Last Guardian

Last edited:
Here are the new deals for today:

:ps3: Adam’s Venture: Chronicles - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

PSVR The Brookhaven Experiment - $11.19 - 44% Off - Ends 8/14

:ps4: :vita: Digerati Bundle 3 Pack Part 5 - $6.59 - 70% Off - Ends 7/18

PSVR Dino Frontier - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 8/1

:ps4: Doodle Devil - $1.79 - 70% Off - $1.19 - 80% Off - Ends 7/31

:ps3: Doodle Devil - $1.79 - 70% Off - $1.19 - 80% Off - Ends 7/31

PSVR Fantastic Contraption - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 8/11

:ps4: Guns Up! - Limited Time: War Chest Double Bonus Gold - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18
:ps4: JumpJet Rex - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 12/30/20

:ps4: Killing Floor 2 - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: Pillar - $1.59 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: Serial Cleaner - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/25

:ps4: Super Cloudbuilt - $17.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 7/25

:ps4: :vita: Talisman: Digital Edition - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

Here are the freebies:

Add-ons

:ps4: Persona 5 - Christmas Costume Set - Free

:ps3: Persona 5 - Christmas Costume Set - Free

:ps4: Valkyria Revolution - Scenario Pack: Princess and Valkyria - Free

:vita: Valkyria Revolution - Scenario Pack: Princess and Valkyria - Free

:ps4: World of Tanks - Dunkirk Starter Edition - Free for new players

LocoRoco Remastered Avatar Bundle - Free - Ends today

Poi Boy Avatar - Free

Poi Girl Avatar - Free

Themes

:ps4: Serial Cleaner Dynamic Theme - Free

Some other notable releases:

:ps4: Accel World vs Sword Art Online Launch Edition - $59.99

:vita: Accel World vs Sword Art Online Launch Edition - $59.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Pulstar - $7.99

PSVR The Bellows - $4.99

:ps4: Black the Fall - $14.99

:ps4: Day D Tower Rush - $6.99

:ps4: Derelict Fleet - $9.99

:ps4: Echoes of the Fey: The Fox’s Trail - $7.99

:vita: Energy Circle - $2.99

:ps4: Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - $49.99

:ps4: Hunting Simulator Day One Edition - $39.99

:ps4: Iron Crypticle - $9.99

:ps4: Leap of Fate - $9.99

:ps4: Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two - Season Pass - $24.99

:ps4: MLB The Show 17 All Star Edition - $49.99

:ps4: MotoGP 17 - $49.99

:vita: Mr. Pumpkin Adventure - $4.99

:ps4: Mr. Shifty - $14.99

:vita: Ninja Usagimaru: Two Tails of Adventure - $11.99

:ps4: Save the Ninja Clan - $2.99

:ps4: Transport Giant - $29.99

:ps4: Warlocks vs Shadows - $13.99

:ps4: YamaYama - $9.99

Great sales.

Wow, that sale is possibly even worse than the XBL sale this week. Guess that's due to all the titles releasing.

Bought God of War 3 for PS4, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Beast, Malicious Fallen, God of War HD Collection and Knack. Almost wish I'd gotten more with how bad this sale is, but whatever. :bouncy:

Missed out on the Jak and Ratchet & Clank collections. My bad.
tumblr_lqx85siK031qdezf9o1_500.jpg

Snap judgment Until Dawn: fun game but it kind of lost the scare factor 2/3 ways in and I found it frustrating that I kept everyone expertly alive till the last 20 minutes then lost almost everyone. Not sure I'll do another play through but I enjoyed it.

Never mind, I see you can do singular episodes. That should help.

Great sale last two weeks. Picked up: Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor GOTY, Rocket League GOTY, The Wolf Among Us, Helldivers, WRC 5, and Guns, Gore, and Cannoli.

Missed out on the Jak and Ratchet & Clank collections. My bad.
Picked up the entire Ratchet & Clank series, Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper games the day they went on sale. Had never played them before. Best money I ever spent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back