PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a new video featuring The Tomorrow Children after the announcement that it's shutting down on November 1st:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RspoefXXYBs

It's over already. Bought nothing. Weak PS4 offering, nice PS3, but who wants to be caught with last-gen games today?
I was pretty happy with the PS4 games on sale. Got 5 fairly easy Platinums for a few bucks each. I do agree that it's hard to go back to PS3 though especially considering how slowly the front end moves compared to PS4.

Snap judgment Until Dawn: fun game but it kind of lost the scare factor 2/3 ways in and I found it frustrating that I kept everyone expertly alive till the last 20 minutes then lost almost everyone. Not sure I'll do another play through but I enjoyed it.

Never mind, I see you can do singular episodes. That should help.
Kinda the same story with me. I accidentally let someone die towards the end, but I then made a point of looking up exactly how I could kill off everyone else cause... you know...

Snap judgment Until Dawn: fun game but it kind of lost the scare factor 2/3 ways in and I found it frustrating that I kept everyone expertly alive till the last 20 minutes then lost almost everyone.
That's why I liked the game so much. What you just described is exactly how a good horror movie plays out.

Frisky, can you please add Fallen Legion Pre-Order to the first page? There is now the 20% PS Plus discount as well as the separate Vita game bonus with pre-order making for a nice deal at $15.99. I wouldn't want any CAGs to miss out.

Ok. So I have done some research on the PS NOW. For a full year membership (~$8.33 a month) you receive the following:

-Game streaming service through PS4 and PC.

-Basically it is streaming an extensive library

-You can play over 500 PS4 and PS3 games

-You need a good internet package (roughly anything above 5mbps)

Here is the library of games:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/games/

Now for your opinion:

Do you think it is worth it? Yes, No? Why?

Ok. So I have done some research on the PS NOW. For a full year membership (~$8.33 a month) you receive the following:

Now for your opinion:

I think the biggest issue cags have is playing games we mean to play from our backlogs and this gives you a gigantic one in addition to what you already have and for me it sounds great but I probably wouldn't get to many games in my subscription time. So while a good deal for someone who needs stuff to play, it doesn't suit me.

Now for your opinion:

Thanks for doing that massive amount of research. I'm not sure anyone here knew what PS Now was and now we do.

Now for your opinion:

I think it will depend on each person. I tried the trial and I really liked that I could just pick any game I wanted in the library and play in just a few seconds. There were quite the number of games I did not own and some I just didn't want to setup the PS3 for. I think the service is worth it but for some the price is a negative

Does anyone else use Tapatalk to browse CAG, and aren't able to see any Twitter posts? They just show up as a blank post, the only way for me to see them is to quote the blank post as if I'm replying, then edit the quoted post and copy the link to a browser. Is this a Tapatalk problem, or CAG? 

Does anyone else use Tapatalk to browse CAG, and aren't able to see any Twitter posts? They just show up as a blank post, the only way for me to see them is to quote the blank post as if I'm replying, then edit the quoted post and copy the link to a browser. Is this a Tapatalk problem, or CAG?
I don't use tapatalk, but it's the same on the mobile site

Well, I am using Safari on mobile as well, but I just discovered it is blocked by NeverAds. I'll have to find out if it can be excluded.

Now for your opinion:

Isn't having free games to play what PS+ was supposed to do? Hope they don't end PS+ in favor of this. Bad enough we have to pay to play online now, and having to pay nearly twice what we already do so I can have a backlog of games that will end up collecting dust just like my current backlog does would make this sh*t sandwich extra salty. With games where there's a lot to do, like Persona 5 and Fallout 4, you don't need a huge backlog because you won't be playing anything else.

Some new deals:

:ps4: 8days - $3.39 - 66% Off - $2.39 - 76% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Anoxemia - $3.99 - 50% Off - $3.19 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: :vita: Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 7/18

:ps4: Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Heart & Slash - $6.79 - 66% Off - $4.79 - 76% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 200 Gems - $3.34 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 400 Gems - $5.35 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 800 Gems - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 1500 Gems - $16.74 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 2500 Gems - $23.44 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 3500 Gems - $33.49 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 8000 Gems - $66.99 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Superhot - $19.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 7/21

I have a completely different problem on Tapatalk today. It's loading everything, including quotes of quotes of quotes. So now my pages are like three times as long with all repeated info.

Frisky, can you please add Fallen Legion Pre-Order to the first page? There is now the 20% PS Plus discount as well as the separate Vita game bonus with pre-order making for a nice deal at $15.99. I wouldn't want any CAGs to miss out.
The double version is really tempting me on a game that wasn't really on my radar. I had avoided it because it looked a little too ARPG for my taste, but taking a second look, it looks like it might just be 'active battle'... which I'd be okay with.

Might pull trigger.

Now for your opinion:

I loved the beta. It played extremely well for me, and I'm sure the tech has only gotten better.

The service is great for the intended market... if you don't have a giant backlog, or the consoles in question, it's a steal. Just pick a game from a relatively massive catalog and go to town.

For most of us CAGs, however, it's just not for us. I don't need to add 500 games to my backlog, I need to beat 1500. Plus I already own a PS3 and PS4, which further limits its appeal.

For the right person, though? I'd say go for it. If you're just starting out, and only have a couple games, this is certainly a good way to get a lot of options.

Also blank for me in Tapatalk on Android.

Reaching my wit's end with Sony.

I purchased FFXIV Starter Edition before knowing about the free trial, got a refund on it with little trouble but now I'm locked out of buying the free trial or even repurchasing the Starter Edition because the shitty store detects the purchase in my transaction history even though it's been refunded.

I tried explaining this to the support rep in chat when I asked them to just remove the entire transaction, refund and all from my account's history (since it's a net $0), but they kept saying "No, the licenses have been removed". Yes, I'm aware the licenses were removed, that's NOT the issue. It's your fucking store.

Any suggestions for finding someone competent to discuss this with?  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Couldn't you just use an alternate account to purchase the free trial, install it, then use it with your main account? I'd have just kept the purchase anyway, but that may be your solution.

Couldn't you just use an alternate account to purchase the free trial, install it, then use it with your main account? I'd have just kept the purchase anyway, but that may be your solution.
Tried that. Because the free trial is in itself a license, my MogStation account doesn't recognize any license to play the game, free or not.

Square Enix also has a policy apparently of one free trial per machine (for both PS4 and PC) according to their support which I called after the first call to Sony.

Trust me, I'd have kept the purchase if I knew this'd be the consequence, but of course there was no way to know until it was too late.

Tried that. Because the free trial is in itself a license, my MogStation account doesn't recognize any license to play the game, free or not.

Square Enix also has a policy apparently of one free trial per machine (for both PS4 and PC) according to their support which I called after the first call to Sony.

Trust me, I'd have kept the purchase if I knew this'd be the consequence, but of course there was no way to know until it was too late.
No, you need to create an alternate Square Enix account for the free trial since their system can't do any sensible conversions because this whole thing is built on the foundations of an MMO system from over 15 years ago when common sense wasn't very common in the genre.

No, you need to create an alternate Square Enix account for the free trial since their system can't do any sensible conversions because this whole thing is built on the foundations of an MMO system from over 15 years ago when common sense wasn't very common in the genre.
I actually didn't connect my Square Enix account (or even make one) until days after the refund. I combed through it to see if there was anything ever granted to it, but there's nothing in the account history to suggest anything was activated at all (FFXIV doesn't show up at all, even under Canceled). This is why I believe it's on the PSN Store's end, not Squeenix.

I'm actually downloading the trial on PC to see if I can get the trial applied to my account that way.

I actually didn't connect my Square Enix account (or even make one) until days after the refund. I combed through it to see if there was anything ever granted to it, but there's nothing in the account history to suggest anything was activated at all (FFXIV doesn't show up at all, even under Canceled). This is why I believe it's on the PSN Store's end, not Squeenix.

I'm actually downloading the trial on Steam to see if I can get the trial applied to my account that way.
Weird. I thought you had already tried to play FFXIV, which was running so badly that you needed to switch to a different PS4. I don't know how it could've let you play it without attaching an SE account to your PSN account to verify all of the FFXIV account stuff.

Weird. I thought you had already tried to play FFXIV, which was running so badly that you needed to switch to a different PS4. I don't know how it could've let you play it without attaching an SE account to your PSN account to verify all of the FFXIV account stuff.
Ah, no. That was in regards to my brother's PSN/Squeenix accounts. Both are completely separate from mine. My bad for not clarifying that at the time.

He's having no issues playing on the other Pro, so it looks like it was a hardware issue as I suspected. I made a character temporarily on his account so I can dick around with the game a little (while logged into his PSN and Squeenix accounts of course) while I try resolving all this nonsense with Sony.

Edit: Decided to see if my bro's trial PS4 account could log into the PC version as a trial account. Apparently, it can't. So trials are not crossplatform, so I guess that's not a solution for me either.

Ah, no. That was in regards to my brother's PSN/Squeenix accounts. Both are completely separate from mine. My bad for not clarifying that at the time.

He's having no issues playing on the other Pro, so it looks like it was a hardware issue as I suspected. I made a character temporarily on his account so I can dick around with the game a little (while logged into his PSN and Squeenix accounts of course) while I try resolving all this nonsense with Sony.

Edit: Decided to see if my bro's trial PS4 account could log into the PC version as a trial account. Apparently, it can't. So trials are not crossplatform, so I guess that's not a solution for me either.
A potential solution could be a physical copy of the game, as you could install the disc for the installer and maybe not use the code/license to your account, but instead apply for the trial from that or use your trial SE account. Whatever works in that last instance.

Now for your opinion:

Did the 7 day trial last week with mixed results. My son played Lego games and they ran well. I played Split/Second and the streaming was a bit rough. Still playable but a bit washed out looking. I have 50mbps wired fyi. I'd bite for maybe $5/month.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

Some new deals:

:ps4: 8days - $3.39 - 66% Off - $2.39 - 76% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Anoxemia - $3.99 - 50% Off - $3.19 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: :vita: Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 7/18

:ps4: Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Heart & Slash - $6.79 - 66% Off - $4.79 - 76% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 200 Gems - $3.34 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 400 Gems - $5.35 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 800 Gems - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 1500 Gems - $16.74 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 2500 Gems - $23.44 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 3500 Gems - $33.49 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - 8000 Gems - $66.99 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Superhot - $19.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 7/21
How often does an entire deals list read like a week's worth of scheduling on Lifetime?

Ahh, there are no words for how lengthy this title of said game is...

In other news, glad I got in on some games and DLC from last week's sale. Picked Shadow of Mordor GOTY, LittleBigPlanet 2, and the THPS 3 Revert Pack. Wanted more but just wasn't able to get it.

Edit: OT question, is DriveClub (original version) worth picking up? I'm thinking about picking it up and a local retro game shop has it for $13 used. Would like to hear some input as to whether it's worth playing. I rarely play games online and don't have a PS+ sub if it helps to know.

I have so many PSVR games now in my backlog because of this sale, it's not even funny. It's amazing the deals you can get on PSVR. I'm pretty excited to jump into that Surgery game for VR. Has anyone tried it? Is it any fun using the move controllers?

On a side note, I really want to get a PS4 Pro model. I think in the gamestop page people were buying used games for cheap and trading them in for crazy credit and getting Pro consoles and PSVR for practically nothing. I don't know what they were doing but dang, I really want a Pro. I also don't want to sell off my regular PS4 because I have that PT game loaded on it and I don't want to lose that game. I'm willing to walk away from a $200 trade to keep that game I guess.

I'm going to take one more good look tonight at any games I have missed for the sale. I picked up Morrowind DLC for a dece price. Going to have to get back into TSO online I guess....
I don't if anyone has responded to you on this but if you buy a PS4 Pro you can transfer everything from your old PS4 including PT. I recently upgraded to a Pro and after the data transfer the first thing I did was boot up PT to make sure it worked.

It did.

That feeling when you're about to go to bed, decide 'hey, I'll just buy fallen legion before I crash out', and realize you've misplaced $40 worth of PSN cards.

i've since searched the bedroom with a flashlight [can't wake the wife and kids], the car, moved the sofa....   debated whether my 3 year old might have thrown it out, or put it in his room, debated whether my babe might have ate it, interrogated both cats, and generally got myself all hyped up when all I wanted to do 45 minutes ago was crash out. 

I have enough to buy it, so that's not the issue.   But I recently grabbed 2 more cards and those are the ones missing.    At least it's $40 of 'free' PSN from deals, but on the other hand, that's the -best- f'ing kind of psn card.    Not to mention, if I lost $40 it would be water off a duck... money comes, money goes... but losing $40 PSN credit means that much sooner I need to justify buying more.  

Oh, and did I mention when I finally got one of the fucking cards I still have, and mostly came to terms w/ losing $40, the store was down?  

That feeling when you're about to go to bed, decide 'hey, I'll just buy fallen legion before I crash out', and realize you've misplaced $40 worth of PSN cards.

i've since searched the bedroom with a flashlight [can't wake the wife and kids], the car, moved the sofa.... debated whether my 3 year old might have thrown it out, or put it in his room, debated whether my babe might have ate it, interrogated both cats, and generally got myself all hyped up when all I wanted to do 45 minutes ago was crash out.

I have enough to buy it, so that's not the issue. But I recently grabbed 2 more cards and those are the ones missing. At least it's $40 of 'free' PSN from deals, but on the other hand, that's the -best- f'ing kind of psn card. Not to mention, if I lost $40 it would be water off a duck... money comes, money goes... but losing $40 PSN credit means that much sooner I need to justify buying more.

Oh, and did I mention when I finally got one of the fucking cards I still have, and mostly came to terms w/ losing $40, the store was down?
This made my morning. Thanks. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

i've since searched the bedroom with a flashlight [can't wake the wife and kids], the car, moved the sofa.... debated whether my 3 year old might have thrown it out, or put it in his room, debated whether my babe might have ate it, interrogated both cats, and generally got myself all hyped up when all I wanted to do 45 minutes ago was crash out.

I have enough to buy it, so that's not the issue. But I recently grabbed 2 more cards and those are the ones missing. At least it's $40 of 'free' PSN from deals, but on the other hand, that's the -best- f'ing kind of psn card. Not to mention, if I lost $40 it would be water off a duck... money comes, money goes... but losing $40 PSN credit means that much sooner I need to justify buying more.

Cats can't be trusted & should be your prime suspects. Withhold treats until they come clean.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/gran-turismo-sport-launches-october-17-on-ps4/

Gran Turismo Sport will be out for PS4 on 10/17.

Details on the special edition options:

Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition – $69.99 MSRP ($89.99 CAN)

• GT Sport Starter Pack (8 Cars)
  • $1MM In-Game Credit
  • Livery Sticker Pack
  • 30 GT Sport Themed Avatars
  • Chrome Racing Helmet (For Driver Profile)
  • Limited Steel Book & Packaging
Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition – $79.99 MSRP ($99.99 CAN)

• GT Sport Starter Pack (12 Cars)
  • $2MM In-Game Credit
  • Livery Sticker Pack
  • 60 GT Sport Themed Avatars
  • Chrome Racing Helmet (For Driver Profile)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAjr9CPBEWc

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/

Samurai Shodown V Special is coming to PS4/Vita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/bring-masks-to-a-sword-fight-in-masquerada-arriving-august-8-for-ps4/

Masquerada is coming to PS4 on 8/8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDSlOU2E7UQ

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/off-road-arcade-racer-gravel-launching-on-ps4-in-early-2018/

Gravel is coming to PS4 early 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDUBtj-32fw

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/days-gone-the-brutal-alternative/

They released a video of an alternate E3 demo for Days Gone to talk about how the game can differ during playthroughs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0SKl09MYE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back