PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great sale and we should be getting a flash sale this week or next also..

Looking at:

Salt and Sanctuary

N++

Cosmic Star Heroine

Sheltered

Escapists (maybe, already own the base version on Xbox thanks to GWG)

I'm tempted to get Darkest Dungeon but there's paid DLC coming down the pike, so I think I'll hold off for now in case they release a complete edition.  Would just be adding it to my backlog anyway.

Ronin looks cool though!

For anyone considering Teslagrad, check all versions of the game.  I had the Vita version showing as free, I assume from PS+, and when I bought that, it gave me the other versions free.

For anyone considering Teslagrad, check all versions of the game. I had the Vita version showing as free, I assume from PS+, and when I bought that, it gave me the other versions free.
I just checked, and for me the PS4 shows up at $1.49, while the Vita is listed as Free, and the PS3 version is $14.99. Guess I'm adding the Vita version!

Thank goodness that Tour de France 2015 is on sale this week, I was worried I wouldn't find anything to buy.  C'mon Sony  :bomb:

I'm really into walking simulator type games. Loved Everyobodys Gone to Rapture...so I'm curious about Dear Esther and what's up with SOMA? Any opinions? Great prices on these and wouldn't mind something with a good and interesting storyline.

I'm really into walking simulator type games. Loved Everyobodys Gone to Rapture...so I'm curious about Dear Esther and what's up with SOMA? Any opinions? Great prices on these and wouldn't mind something with a good and interesting storyline.
Soma is an amazing game!

Played it a couple of months ago and I'd recommend it. Thriller/horror and a lot of story. Good 8-10 hours on it also.

For those that were having trouble with the Fallen Legion preorder it might be fixed now? Is for me anyway, got the PS4 game and the Vita game downloading. 

Soma is great. I've played through Dear Esther twice now once on PC and once on PS4 and it's ok but nowhere near Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. The only reason I picked it up for PS4 is to support the developer since I love Rapture so much.

Already have most of what I would want from this sale. A few things are tempting but think I’m going to save my cash to pre-order Pyre, which I guess is technically part of the sale.

Just hoping to get some BB certs to pick up PSN credit before it comes out.

For those that were having trouble with the Fallen Legion preorder it might be fixed now? Is for me anyway, got the PS4 game and the Vita game downloading.
I haven't had the chance to try downloading them but they do show up as owned on the webstore now. So yeah I think it is fixed.

I really enjoy Soma as well. Had some decent puzzles. Very original story.

Dear Esther is trippy and doesn't really have a story. More like randomly generated narratives. I liked it as well, but Soma is much better if you're only going with one.

Awesome thank you made some space and downloading the vita version now. Queued up the PS4 version from the web store. Looking forward to playing it.

How much crafting is in Salt and Sanctuary and is it critical to success? There are few gaming elements I loathe more than that and don't want to buy it if it's a big part of it.

How much crafting is in Salt and Sanctuary and is it critical to success? There are few gaming elements I loathe more than that and don't want to buy it if it's a big part of it.
There isn't really any crafting in it. At least nothing more than what your typical Dark Souls game has, which isn't much if there's any of it.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/universal-media-remote-for-ps4-releases-late-october/

There's a new Media Remote for PS4 from PDP that is out now on Amazon for $25:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072C7YZFC

9/18 from GameStop:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/media-remote-for-playstation-4/150153

The Q&A on the Amazon page suggests this remote will automatically shut itself off, so the battery shouldn't die as quickly as the other media remote.
I'm shocked to see that this actually turns on the system. This used to be a big thing that Sony wasn't allowing on the PS4 for some reason. My million dollar Harmony remotes can't even do that. Hopefully Sony will allow everyone to do that soon.

I'm shocked to see that this actually turns on the system. This used to be a big thing that Sony wasn't allowing on the PS4 for some reason. My million dollar Harmony remotes can't even do that. Hopefully Sony will allow everyone to do that soon.
They're essentially controllers, so I don't know why these two media remote would be blocked from turning on the system since that's the whole point of PS4 remotes.

In addition to exciting new releases, starting today you can save up to 50 percent on titles like Enter the Gungeon, Mother Russia Bleeds, Mount & Blade: Warband. PS Plus members save even more, with discounts up to 60 percent.

Its funny it says today, when it is obviously the next round when those will be on sale. Must be an error on their part.

Picked up Cosmic Star Heroine. How is NBA Playgrounds? I have heard good and bad things. I wish Night in the Woods and What Remains of Edith Finch were going on sale.

:ps4: :vita: Cosmic Star Heroine - $10.04 - 33% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/1 N

Why is this listed as crossbuy? I bought it without checking myself, & now I see I can't play it on vita.

Good to know. I was skimming reviews earlier and one of them used "crafting" when describing it but didn't say anything more about it.
Not really "crafting", more like turning your weapon and some other items into better things. The best weapons have to be made like this. It is called "transmuting" in the game. It requires a compatible item and usually some item from a boss. It is similar to Dark Souls 2 & 3 with the boss weapon creation. You won't really do it that much, unless you want to.

You also have weapon/armor/shield upgrading to 7 levels using items found in the world. When you transmute a weapon, it only downgrades one level, so you don't have to upgrade it all the way again.

Does anyone know if the more obscure SNK games on sale support legacy controllers? I'm looking at Fu'un Super Combo, Samurai Shodown VI, and Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2 specifically.

Salt and Sanctuary - $8.99
giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure the IZJS version has 2x, but I think this version has 4x. It's a solid feature, just don't think it's worth $40.

Did the FFX collection implement a similar feature on PS4 or was that only the Steam version?
Yeah, Zodiac Age has 4x but I leave it at 2x. I agree about that feature alone not being worth $40 but the other changes/additions, graphical improvements and the convenience of having the game on PS4 made it a worthwhile purchase to me. From what I've gathered, only the Steam versions of FFX/X-2 have turbo mode.

Anyway, definitely grabbing Teslagrad from this sale for a fairly quick and easy Platinum. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on Soma the last time it was on sale for $8.99 so I'll probably get that as well.

Made a video for Crossout, which is a weird mix of Mad Max, Twisted Metal, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bka5PodwnYg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/universal-media-remote-for-ps4-releases-late-october/

There's a new Media Remote for PS4 from PDP that is out now on Amazon for $25:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072C7YZFC

9/18 from GameStop:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/media-remote-for-playstation-4/150153

The Q&A on the Amazon page suggests this remote will automatically shut itself off, so the battery shouldn't die as quickly as the other media remote.
My Sony ps4 tv remote turns itself off... it's really nice, actually. I've never needed to change batteries, it's got volume override capabilities so volume is 'smart' and knows to do the soundbar no matter what the remote is set to, etc.

Last day of my Playstation Now trial (which I barely used) and I log on to find there's a queue. I'm 27th in line and "My turn is coming up."

That just killed any desire I had to get the 12 month membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back