PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the Hamster arcade archive games would go on sale every once in a while. There's a few I wouldn't mind picking up but not at 8 bucks a pop.
Same. If they go on sale their are quite a few I'd buy, but at $8 each they're just a bit too much. Neo Geo games hold up very well for these conversions, they look and play great.
Six of the Arcade Archives games are on sale for 2.89 GBP on the UK PSN right now... Armed F, Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2, Karate Champ, Moon Cresta, and Renegade. You can get UK PSN cards pretty cheap from offgamers.com.

Really wish they'd offer a bundle on these since there are so many that I'd like to get but they just keep trickling out sales in different regions that only discount a few games at a time. Many of the Arcade Archives games are JPN exclusive and never go on sale.

I picked up a few $50 PSN codes for $40 via the PayPal Digital gifts on eBay sale a few weeks ago. Since PSN wallet maxes out at $150, I redeemed two of them right away, but held on to a couple others. After some purchases over the last few weeks, I went to redeem my others, only to be told they're already redeemed. I called PayPal, who verified the codes, and told me that even though they're listed as the seller, technically it's a marketing promotion for Sony, and I needed to contact them. Sony phone support is closed on the weekend, but has anyone had any experience with something similar? Do I have a shot at getting my money back or new codes, or am I SOL?

I picked up a few $50 PSN codes for $40 via the PayPal Digital gifts on eBay sale a few weeks ago. Since PSN wallet maxes out at $150, I redeemed two of them right away, but held on to a couple others. After some purchases over the last few weeks, I went to redeem my others, only to be told they're already redeemed. I called PayPal, who verified the codes, and told me that even though they're listed as the seller, technically it's a marketing promotion for Sony, and I needed to contact them. Sony phone support is closed on the weekend, but has anyone had any experience with something similar? Do I have a shot at getting my money back or new codes, or am I SOL?
BS from paypal, they are the responsible party. hard lesson to learn but its probably time to treat purchases from paypal digital gift cards the same way you would a sketchy site or a trade forum. use the codes ASAP. i know during that whole fiasco last year some people got their money back but then it seemed like they stopped giving refunds and gave excuses instead.

BS from paypal, they are the responsible party. hard lesson to learn but its probably time to treat purchases from paypal digital gift cards the same way you would a sketchy site or a trade forum. use the codes ASAP. i know during that whole fiasco last year some people got their money back but then it seemed like they stopped giving refunds and gave excuses instead.
Yeah that's what I figured. Will see what Sony says, then I'll contact PayPal again. I didn't realize before I picked them up that there was a wallet max of $150 or I wouldn't have picked up more than two. Such is life

Yeah that's what I figured. Will see what Sony says, then I'll contact PayPal again. I didn't realize before I picked them up that there was a wallet max of $150 or I wouldn't have picked up more than two. Such is life
yeah, i dont understand why they cap the amount you can put in your wallet, i guess for security reasons but then your code gets used before you can redeem it.

Hand of Fate is amazing. Great game, juts got 100% this year. Tons of content and lots of fun. I really enjoyed the fates and free dlc they gave away. Must Buy if you enjoy dungeon crawling, loot, rogue lite, etc ;) Great Dev support and can't wait for HoF2 soon

also just beat Attack of the Radioactive Thing my 4th time. Perfect run. Perfect laser jump, perfect bomb defusal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPa4mh8Suwc&feature=youtu.be

Hand of Fate is amazing. Great game, juts got 100% this year. Tons of content and lots of fun. I really enjoyed the fates and free dlc they gave away. Must Buy if you enjoy dungeon crawling, loot, rogue lite, etc ;) Great Dev support and can't wait for HoF2 soon
I hadn't even taken a close look at Hand of Fate until I read your description but now I think I'll pick it up during the flash sale. Looks like a tough trophy list though...

Hands of Fate is pretty cool. I played it a while back but it has a lot of challenge and pretty cool Arkham City type fighting. Can't wait for the second as well.

Is Hand of Fate that good?

I've got it on Xbox through GWG and on Steam through Humble Bundle.

Wonder if it'll ever be a + title.
It's a really fun mix of D&D-style mini campaigns with combat, loot, and story presented through the cards. You put together a deck with the loot and combat parts of what gets laid down, so you earn more cards as you play to fill out the deck with better loot and combat encounters that can be played.

Definitely try out the version you have.

The witness at $16 worth it? Whats it like or compared to?
The Witness is a puzzle game set on a Myst-style island where every puzzle on the island is built on a core mechanic, but the type of puzzle and how you figure out the solution is very different between parts of the island. It's very much a puzzle game for people that love to obsess about solving puzzles.

It was one of my top games of 2016 and made a video highlighting some of what was cool about the game, though I try to avoid spoilers as much as possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN-o4Z33XzM

Namco posted a video of them playing through the E3 demo for Ni no Kuni 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8x0zDchI4

Things have been pretty quiet with Pyre releasing tomorrow. Guessing we may not see reviews before launch? Just hoping it’s as good as it looks (and as good as Transistor / Bastion).

Here's my video for Pyre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGkOTIA3bk

Review will be coming a bit later, but I can answer questions and such now that the embargo is up. I've enjoyed my time with the game a great deal so far.

^^ Cool. Thanks!

Reviews are popping up. 9 from both Gamespot and EGM. Looking good!

Here's my video for Pyre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGkOTIA3bk

Review will be coming a bit later, but I can answer questions and such now that the embargo is up. I've enjoyed my time with the game a great deal so far.
What are your general opinions of the music of the game? Weird question, but I'm curious lol.

^^ Cool. Thanks!

Reviews are popping up. 9 from both Gamespot and EGM. Looking good!
I've been on the fence about Pyre but I'm leaning towards picking it up after seeing the reviews. Hope my $10 code from Sony Rewards arrives today...

I'm super hyped for Pyre, need to read some reviews but i never doubt this small team. With Bastion and Transistor they've done a phenomenal job. Pre-ordered and hyped to play the game tomorrow. 

Also interested in Saundered coming later this week. Probably an embargo there as well, but if you’ve played Frisky, would love to hear your thoughts.

Absolutely. It is, of course, a 2D Metroidvania game (with very heavy DS influences and gameplay). But I paid full price and haven’t regretted it one bit. Great game.
If I don't like Dark Souls but love Metroidvania games would I enjoy S&S?

Also interested in Saundered coming later this week. Probably an embargo there as well, but if you’ve played Frisky, would love to hear your thoughts.
Don't have it.

I've read everyone's comments on pyre here, watch a video or two and I still feel like I don't know shit about it. So I'm probably staying away.
What's the problem you're having?

You're a group of survivors in the Downside (purgatory where criminals/enemies of the Commonwealth are sent) that are trying to complete the Rites (the sports-like battles) to earn favor with the gods to earn their freedom to go back to the Commonwealth, which nobody has done so before. Along the way, you make smaller decisions about paths to take, dialog choices, and such that affects who joins your crew and how they progress. Supposedly, the story continues whether you win or lose and takes different paths, though I haven't lost yet to see if that's true.

Thanks FriskyTanuki for the review/video. Think you sold me on Pyre. Curious as to how long the game is though before I bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back